It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on in Copernicus crater?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I don't see any goings on in any of the pics posted... And this thread feels awfully familiar, just as though if i'd seen one or two like the same

edit on 14-12-2011 by Lithops because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lithops
I don't see any goings on in any of the pics posted... And this thread feels awfully familiar, just as though if i'd seen one or two like the same

edit on 14-12-2011 by Lithops because: (no reason given)

BAZINGA! I know its like groundhog day with pictures the story is the same the location varies!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Arianna, are you serious? No-one seems to be able to see anything unusual in this photo but you. All I see is the usual jumble of lunar debris. At least Zorgon posts pictures that show some sort of definite, identifiable shape that we can all agree on, then we can argue over whether it's just an ordinary boulder or a robot head. Could you at least describe what you think you see, or perhaps make a sketch that will help us understand what we're supposed to be looking at?

Yes DJW001, I am very serious about the visual data posted. It would appear that I am one of a few people who are able to see the structural objects after getting rid of 'mist' that covers the important areas. The reason for this could possibly be that after many years of inspecting and examining images from the Moon and Mars that I am in the position of knowing what to look for in the views.

When I have some time I will look at ways of presenting the images so that members will be able to easily recognize the objects and other features.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by arianna
The images are hi-res jpegs. If you want to see them as gif's I will see what I can do when time allows.
I don't really want to see them, as I already know them, I only think that turning a perfectly good image into a format that has known problems is not the best way of analysing any image.

Here is an animation of the close view but don't be surprised if you see some facial representations.
I wouldn't be surprised, that's the way our brains work.

PS: why do you have that "obsession" with JPEGs? They are better at reducing file size on colour photos by losing some data, but if a GIF or PNG file size is something workable, it's better to use them. You could also work with lossless TIFF files, but they are not "Internet friendly".

No ArMaP, I am not obsessed with JPEG's. This format is ideal for posting images on the forum. I prefer to work with GIF's and sometimes PNG's and TIFF's but as these files have prohibitive sizes for posting I convert a file to a hi-res JPEG and remove any image artifacts.

You are obviously not aware of the reason why many facial representations can be observed. No, it is not the brain substituting what it thinks a particular shape is. There are far too many of them. In my opinion these representations and the observation of statues that are erected on top of a base structure is a major part of this civilizations' culture.

Some of the images captured on Mars display the same characteristics as shown here and I am convinced there is a common link. Not only that, similar facial representations can also be observed on the huge megalithic structures on this planet which were erected during the late neolithic period. As I have seen some of these facial representations for myself after examining the liths at Avebury, Stonehenge and other neolithic sites I think there could well be a major connection with the other two cosmic locations. There is a dominant cranial feature that is quite specific about the heads of these representaions and it is a common factor whether viewing the representations in images from Mars, the Moon or this planet. I will explain more about this later.
edit on 15-12-2011 by arianna because: text

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Not only that, similar facial representations can also be observed on the huge megalithic structures on this planet which were erected during the late neolithic period. As I have seen some of these facial representations for myself after examining the liths at Avebury, Stonehenge and other neolithic sites

and those had been engraved deliberately?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901

Not only that, similar facial representations can also be observed on the huge megalithic structures on this planet which were erected during the late neolithic period. As I have seen some of these facial representations for myself after examining the liths at Avebury, Stonehenge and other neolithic sites

Yes definitely, I have observed and photographed them firsthand.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

In another thread a discussion is underway about lunar civilization evidence.

Actually the discussion is about the lack of such evidence.

SSDT.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

but how did you conclude that they were artificial?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Arianna, are you serious? No-one seems to be able to see anything unusual in this photo but you. All I see is the usual jumble of lunar debris. At least Zorgon posts pictures that show some sort of definite, identifiable shape that we can all agree on, then we can argue over whether it's just an ordinary boulder or a robot head. Could you at least describe what you think you see, or perhaps make a sketch that will help us understand what we're supposed to be looking at?

Yes DJW001, I am very serious about the visual data posted. It would appear that I am one of a few people who are able to see the structural objects after getting rid of 'mist' that covers the important areas. The reason for this could possibly be that after many years of inspecting and examining images from the Moon and Mars that I am in the position of knowing what to look for in the views.

When I have some time I will look at ways of presenting the images so that members will be able to easily recognize the objects and other features.

Or since you are one of the few that thinks that you are being totally DELUSIONAL. Many people here have many years of experience looking at images from the good old days of film cameras to modern digital ones.

Many members here are longtime amateur photographers some are semi pro or even pro photographers, we are used to claims like yours, YOU are not removing any mist all you are doing is increasing contrast and shadow to much in your images, the simple fact that you can't see when a rock is a rock or when crater is a crater shows us you don't really know what you are looking at.

We have had claims before of towers on the moon from the various members here and as I have said before one argued the point that with iirc 30yrs of looking at aerial images he knew better, it was shown to him he was looking at the image the wrong way which is exactly what you are doing.

Oh by the way any answer yet to the shadows of your buildings not showing in your other pics!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by papajake

Thats the bloody red sock that turns everyones whites, pink in the wash and no-one ever knows where it came from !

On topic, I honestly can't and never have 'seen' or been able to see ANYTHING but rocks
in these moon 'anomolies' threads !
This one is no different, sorry OP ! I watched that flashing gif image till my eyes bled but still nothing !
I will use it though if I ever find it hard to get to sleep one night !

Peace

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by arianna

You are obviously not aware of the reason why many facial representations can be observed. No, it is not the brain substituting what it thinks a particular shape is. There are far too many of them.

Think about what you just said. "There are far too many of them." Which is more likely: aliens have carved every square inch of the Moon into statues, or you are simply starting to see faces everywhere?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Due to my previous experience in archaeology and anthropology.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

reply to post by arianna

You are obviously not aware of the reason why many facial representations can be observed. No, it is not the brain substituting what it thinks a particular shape is. There are far too many of them.

Think about what you just said. "There are far too many of them." Which is more likely: aliens have carved every square inch of the Moon into statues, or you are simply starting to see faces everywhere?

As I have said before, one major aspect of this civilization is representations of what they look like. The facial representations can be observed on statues and seen integrated into their built structures. That is the reason why many of them can be observed in the images.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This animation is a closer view of some of the surface features.

The view was taken from the image shown previously.

Do you see anything that resembles built structures?

Direct view of animation. i985.photobucket.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

and did you publish your findings?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by arianna

This animation is a closer view of some of the surface features.
The view was taken from the image shown previously.

Nope.
I still see a poor photo of the moon.
No structures at all.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by arianna

NO, because there are none in the photo.

Now, asking this again: What is the resolution, and thus the relative sizes of these "structures" as you've referred to them? Also, how do they compare to photos taken on Earth? Of known, and visible "structures" that we are all familiar with, that are of comparable size to the ones that you "see" on the Moon?

Unless you can provide a proper methodology to compare what you "think" you are seeing, no-one else will ever be able to properly address this issue, and be able to discuss it properly on the "same page" that you are on.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Does your experience in archaeology and anthropology involve the over-enhancement of low resolution satellite photos of the earth?.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Found some better images and do not see anything unusual in them. Some can be enlarged for better viewing of Copernicus Crater. One article has good info on possible caves and sink holes within the crater.

Sources:

Copernicus crater from Space.com can be enlarged, image is near the bottom of article.

www.space.com...

Nice enlargement of Copernicus crater

source: neverworld.net...
source: neverworld.net...

National Geographics:

source: news.nationalgeographic.com...

Potential Caves and Sink Holes in Copernicus Crater

source: blogs.zooniverse.org...

Orbiter Image Recovery Project (LOIRP) is a good source of images from old film that was recently found.
edit on 15-12-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join