It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will CERN Kill Jesus?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I can see this rapidly turning into a: GOD - yes there is, no there's not, debate. Whoever came up with the name God particle should expect nothing for Christmas this year ! Bad scientist, bad.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by chanelI think that once the work being done at the LHC progresses, religious people will realize that no God created them.

What you seem to have overlooked is that "Religious" people have a different mind set to atheists. Religion is largely based on faith not facts.
Look at the "creationists" who still believe that the Earth is a mere 6,000 years old regardless of fossil evidence suggesting the Earth is billions of years old.......the creationist will advocate that modern fossil dating methods are flawed and cannot be relied on.
Finding the Higgs Boson will no more convince religious people that there is no "God" any more than Darwin did.

The ONLY way religious people will ever believe that their is no God is if God made an appearance on Earth and declared that he wasn't real!

edit on 13-12-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone Whoever came up with the name God particle should expect nothing for Christmas this year ! Bad scientist, bad.

Well actually the scientist didn't name it the "God particle"........ . It was taken from Physicist Leon Lederman's book "The God Particle: If the Universe Is the Answer, What Is the Question?"

Physicist Lederman wanted to name the book "The Goddamn Particle: if the Universe Is the Answer, What Is the Question?"..........editors didn't like the word "Goddamn" and so shortened it to "God".

So it's really the media to blame not the scientists!

edit on 13-12-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Yeh I hate the term "god particle", I am not a religious man but this term shows the arrogance of some mainstream scientists.

Scientist didn't create the term "god particle".......the media did......(see my post above.)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

YOU ARE THAT "GOD PARTICLE"!

WE DON'T NEED CERN TO TELL US THAT!

edit on 13-12-2011 by neotech1neothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
What a pompous title...

(and I should know)

Nothing can kill Jesus.

The "God Particle" is a laughable illusion created by "great thinkers"

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
God Particle - - - - whether it is or isn't found, it will have nothing to do with "creation". God spoke everything that is, into existence except man, and man, He made with His hands (ref. The Bible, Genesis Chapter 1). So, in my opinion also, from the viewpoint of Christians, the so called "God Particle" will make absolutely no difference relative to our foundational understandings and beliefs in our Christian faith.

A particle may be found, but lets surmise, just for our discussion, that the "God Particle is not found. Is not finding the "God Particle" going to cause the non-believers/non-Christians to rethink your/their spiritual standing and positions, relative to the here-and-now, and to the "future life"?????????

Just wonder'in!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by rdunk
God Particle - - - - whether it is or isn't found, it will have nothing to do with "creation". God spoke everything that is, into existence except man, and man, He made with His hands (ref. The Bible, Genesis Chapter 1). So, in my opinion also, from the viewpoint of Christians, the so called "God Particle" will make absolutely no difference relative to our foundational understandings and beliefs in our Christian faith.

A particle may be found, but lets surmise, just for our discussion, that the "God Particle is not found. Is not finding the "God Particle" going to cause the non-believers/non-Christians to rethink your/their spiritual standing and positions, relative to the here-and-now, and to the "future life"?????????

Just wonder'in!

I'm more on the Atheist/agnostic side of things and while this won't prove there is a creator, it won't exactly dis-prove of one either. If anything, finding this particle will only raise more questions then it answers.

I only hope it helps us understand our origins better to give religious and non-religious people more closure on his/her arguments.

Killing Jesus? Too late LHC the Romans did it a couple of thousand years ago (if you believe the story that is..)
Even as an Atheist/agnostic I find the title of the article kind of a **** move by the writer, I try not to step on others' religious beliefs, just as I hope others don't step on mine.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I bet after this partical is discovered there will still be war , cruelty ,greed, enslavement, prejustice and everything else that is blaimed upon Jesus. I see my self as an Atheist Agnostic perhaps a deist If/ when this partical is discovered I see it as another triumph for human knowlage , and perhaps opening this box will only reveal move questions .
edit on 15-12-2011 by OpusMarkII because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join