It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Iran says it can control the drone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Report: Iran says it can control the drone

www.cnn.com

"There are people here who can control this spy plane, surely we can analyze this plane too," Ahmadinejad told VTV. "The systems of Iran are as advanced as this system."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Looks like it didn't take them long to decode and tap into the drone system
What say you all who were nay sayers, or are you going to demand a video, but I bet even then you will claim they just made a mock up with their own rc technology...

Thats besides the point, given the pace they performed this at, I am betting they had help from either an espionage agent, or China stole the technology as they have been since the 80s.

www.cnn.com

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
dood its a remote controlled toy how hard can it be to change a circuit board. kinda starting to feel bad for iran now, there gonna get wrecked

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Thread already exists..

...use the search button..sheesh.

Cosmic..

And your a supermod...gloveslap !!
edit on 13-12-2011 by Cosmic4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Or like a lot of members
are already saying in the
other Threads...

Its a Trojan hoarse ...of sorts

I wanna stealth drone

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I don't buy it.
This whole story seems a little strange (the whole drone thing). This makes it seem weirder.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
AND....

WaLa .....

Chalk up another one

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
well this changes the dynamics....

every USA launch will now have to guard against a 'Return To Sender' electronic intercept and missile launch
targeting the take off field from where the Drone was launched.

ADD

this related reading:

www.wired.com

If you think militants are going to be content to just observe spy drone feeds, it’s time to reconsider. “Folks are not merely going to listen/watch what we do when they intercept the feeds, but also start to conduct ‘battles of persuasion’; that is, hacking with the intent to disrupt or change the content, or even ‘persuade’ the system to do their own bidding,” Peter Singer, author of Wired for War, tells Danger Room.

This has long been the nightmare scenario within Pentagon cybersecurity circles: a hacker not looking to take down the military grid, but to exploit it for his own purposes. How does a soldier trust an order, if he doesn’t know who else is listening — or who gave the order, in the first place? “For a sophisticated adversary, it’s to his advantage to keep your network up and running. He can learn what you know. He can cause confusion, delay your response times — and shape your actions,” one Defense Department cybersecurity official tells Danger Room....

kinda like i mentioned...
edit on 13-12-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
Thread already exists..

...use the search button..sheesh.

Cosmic..

And your a supermod...gloveslap !!
edit on 13-12-2011 by Cosmic4life because: (no reason given)

My topics that are already posted get owned faster then 4 replies...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
So.. does this mean they have a semi stealth, future, american made, kamikazee plane?

After of course the reproduce the tech.
edit on 13-12-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
And they want us to apoligise for them sending it into their airspace what are they thinking. they stole it so they should return it. Thats what you get when you buy parts made in China. Our company found out and we don' deal with them anymore

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
I don't buy it.
This whole story seems a little strange (the whole drone thing). This makes it seem weirder.

I see the same thing!

Makes me wonder what THEY are going to say IRAN says next about this drone.

Its a story book story and they can write the next page as they please.
Wonder what the plot is....

.....whatever it is, it is fiction and it stinks already.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
So.. does this mean they have a semi stealth, future, american made, kamikazee plane?

After of course the reproduce the tech.
edit on 13-12-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

Yes

They are called AGM-129 ACM

or you may know them as stealth cruise missile

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

The Iranians lied about shooting it down... Why stop there?

Secondly this seems to easy..

It makes one wonder if it was intentionally "experiencing difficulties" and forced to land. It would be a way to not only get computer viruses into more Iranian computer systems, it could also have a hidden gps on it. Iran would need their top facility to work this drone over, and by taking the drone there the US cold potentially track the drone to that location.

If the tech is shared with another country, it might be possible to figure out which ones.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
well this changes the dynamics....

every USA launch will now have to guard against a 'Return To Sender' electronic intercept and missile launch
targeting the take off field from where the Drone was launched.

ADD

this related reading:

www.wired.com

If you think militants are going to be content to just observe spy drone feeds, it’s time to reconsider. “Folks are not merely going to listen/watch what we do when they intercept the feeds, but also start to conduct ‘battles of persuasion’; that is, hacking with the intent to disrupt or change the content, or even ‘persuade’ the system to do their own bidding,” Peter Singer, author of Wired for War, tells Danger Room.

This has long been the nightmare scenario within Pentagon cybersecurity circles: a hacker not looking to take down the military grid, but to exploit it for his own purposes. How does a soldier trust an order, if he doesn’t know who else is listening — or who gave the order, in the first place? “For a sophisticated adversary, it’s to his advantage to keep your network up and running. He can learn what you know. He can cause confusion, delay your response times — and shape your actions,” one Defense Department cybersecurity official tells Danger Room....

kinda like i mentioned...
edit on 13-12-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

well,

looks like we need a new multi-Zillion dollar security contract.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by wlord

If its a remote controlled toy why can't you buy it in Walmart? You know the space shuttle is a basic rocket, can you make it in your garage? You can't go changing the circuit board and expect things to work. Have you ever changed the circuit board on a real USAF drone and all of a sudden u have control? Please post pictures and videos of your feat .

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

Looks like it didn't take them long to decode and tap into the drone system
What say you all who were nay sayers, or are you going to demand a video, but I bet even then you will claim they just made a mock up with their own rc technology...

Thats besides the point, given the pace they performed this at, I am betting they had help from either an espionage agent, or China stole the technology as they have been since the 80s.

www.cnn.com

I think it's funny that the American government or the people for that matter don't believe Iran can reverse engineer or already have the technology of decoding the drone. Seems as though we think that just because they are in the middle east they are stuck in the stone age, complete ignorance.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

They had 'help' well before the drone was (as planned) flown in.

But hey, we have "asked" for our drone back.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614
I think it's funny that the American government or the people for that matter don't believe Iran can reverse engineer or already have the technology of decoding the drone. Seems as though we think that just because they are in the middle east they are stuck in the stone age, complete ignorance.

I completely agree.. After all Iran has demonstrated their ability to develop and potentially produce nuclear weapons.

As far as their technology goes I dont agree. as another poster pointed out what they have was provided by other countries.

To use a star trek analogy Iran is the equivalent of the Pakleds.
edit on 13-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
After all Iran has demonstrated their ability to develop and potentially produce nuclear weapons.

I'll bet you that Iran's abilities and capabilities in this regard, and a multitude of others that involve "technological advances" are not at all their own.

They have, and have had major help, and without it would likely still be very far behind in virtually every category.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join