It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Iran says it can control the drone

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they just swapped the internal system with their own. It's just a normal drone with a special shape and special skin. All the control surfaces are probably controlled with mini hydraulics that can easily be taken control of, and the engine is probably really easy to start up on it's own.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by K1771gnorance

i think they should send it back to the white house but not before they have loaded it up with some of the depleted uranium rounds that they are so happy littering iraq with .

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

Oh really, is that what you hope?

Well, I hope you go see a Dr.

edit on 13-12-2011 by K1771gnorance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Heads will roll for this.

If what Iran is saying is true it pretty much makes all US UAV's redundant, or at least those which share similar systems to this RQ170. They can't be used over Iran anymore, and it would be too risky to use them anywhere really because Iran could easily sell the information to anyone it pleases.

Complete disaster.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If Iran can "control" the drone, then why can't the US? Even if the drone is sitting in a hangar somewhere in Iran, the US should fire that bad boy up and run it straight into the wall inside the hangar....OR, wait until Iran tries to fly it and then the US could regain control and fly it straight into the ground; the idea being to destroy the stealth technology before it is back-engineered.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
ahmadinejad, (ahmadiNUT), is just blowing hot air as usual..

He's trying to say his team of super geniuses will surely be able to crack the 256 bit encrypted database within the onboard system of this drone and analyze it all? not buying it..

Even with China and Russia helping I don't think it's going to happen very quickly..

And reverse engineering any of the printed circuits wouldn't be easy either, since many of the crucial components are encapsulated so that they can't be inspected without destroying them..

I'm not saying it can't be done, but it would take some time to do it, maybe quite a lot of time to do it.. And as a poster previously said about gaining control of the motor and flight surface mechanics, it would not be too difficult at all, but meaningless./

If ahmadiNUT was serious about all of this, he would be showing some proof and demonstrating what they have done to the world.. but so far it is just words, right?
edit on 13-12-2011 by alienreality because: eta

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I love how people are saying how it's just a 'Trojan hoarse', it's almost like they can't grasp (or handle) the idea that America just happened to screw things up this badly.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Long over due and do to overtime at work, delayed response
to and for the uav frequency argument. I only hope this is the
right thread...

These documents relate to frequency allocation and electromagnetic interference tests conducted in relation to datalinks used by Predator drones.
Drone info

top topics

<< 1   >>

join