It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S drone crashes in Seychelles - embassy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

U.S drone crashes in Seychelles - embassy

af.reuters.com

A U.S. drone aircraft crashed at Seychelles International Airport on Tuesday, the U.S. embassy in Mauritius said.

"A U.S. Air Force remote-piloted MQ-9 crashed at the Seychelles International Airport in Mahe. The MQ-9 was not armed and no injuries were reported," the embassy said in a statement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
How many countries have these drones flying around performing "routine patrol"? The U.S. has a not so secret drone base in the Seychelles that conducts missions in Somalia and Yemen so it was probably returning from there.

Iran already got their hands on one of these, I wouldn't be surprised if Kim Jong Il finds a U.S. drone on his front lawn later this week.

At least Obama doesn't have to ask for this one back.

af.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Okay, remember about a month ago the virus in the computer systems they couldn't find? Zorgon had a thread about it.

I'm pretty sure where seeing the effect of this. I think their drones are being hacked.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
China has just reached an agreement with Seychelles to build its first overseas Naval base ever...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Wow an MQ-9 Reaper or Predator B as was.

Good job it wasn't loaded, could've been a big bang.

Not a good week for US drones.

Cosmic..

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyanhide

I didn't see that thread. Do you have the link?

Their drones could be getting hacked, anything's possible.

If you can find that link please share.
edit on 13-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
hahaha...these drones are so super high tech ??? ^^ - are more like cheap rc-toys...

bad pr for the pentagon

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I can't find the thread, but found more or less the same thread on ats search

Dronehacks

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

Thanks for the

Just 'big kids' running around playing with expensive toys. The amount of work and involvement to create these things is intense, not to mention cost!

But to them: "oops, darn it! not another one...."

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The drones are made of light weight Poplar and Pine wood wrapped in carbon fiber, no big deal or secret there. The secrets lie in the shape, curves and angles. The RC parts are off the shelf. re-tuned with military secret frequencies and shielded ( Tempest )from any other RC interference. Controlled via satellite on dedicated and protected wavebands these drones are 98% effective.

What the U.S. are worried about most is the possibility that the captured drone gives up it's little secret stash of gathered information, pictures, maps, recordings and any other dirty laundry it may have in it's protected and encrypted hard drives!!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

The real meat n potato's is in the surveillance equipment. Depending on which model Drone and its purpose negates the equipment installed. The shop I work for makes the radar assembly for the 'predator' I believe. Not often do we get to 'know' our products destination.

Radar assembly's are
involved! And, oh my, expensive.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

see, heres the thing....if they are using hard drives for data storage, and THAT is their concern, then they are idiots. The on board computing should be made to function as a "pass through" type set up, where no data is stored locally.

I have a friend with a crappy tablet pc. It doesn't do hardly anything (like run MS office, or Flash video). Not a problem, as the tablet just acts like a portal for him, and he uses a remote connection to get his desktop. This way, he can use MS office, and view flash videos (through a virtual connection to his PC at home) by using a $70 tablet running something like Android 2.2

If the military doesn't realize that they can do things like this, God help them (and all of us, globally). Few things are more dangerous than a mob of armed morons.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Who the hell is flying these damn things? President Obama?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Insurgents Intercept Drone Video in King-Size Security Breach (Updated, with Video)

Using cheap, downloadable programs like SkyGrabber, militants were apparently able to watch and record the video feed — and potentially be tipped off when U.S. and coalition forces are stalking them. The $26 software was originally designed to let users download movies and songs off of the internet. Turns out, the program lets you nab Predator drone feeds just as easily as pirated copies of The Hangover

Apparently, anyone can see drone feeds provided they have a satelite dish. According to the link above, the video feed of drones (this one over Kosovo) aren't encrypted, because some NATO countries we spy for, don't have the technology to decrypt the feeds.

...Either the military is getting lazy, or civilian technology and the civilians themselvs, have caught up to the military.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614

Actually,

It's a "joint" effort by;

Hillaryus Clinton and

Eric (check your guns at the door) Holder

They both took a "crash course" ......

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Another one?!?
It's about time they contract out positions to fly those things to twitchy 15 year-olds that kick ass at Battlefield 3 and MW3. Just keep them hepped up on Mountain Dew and I'm sure they could do better.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear
Another one?!?
It's about time they contract out positions to fly those things to twitchy 15 year-olds that kick ass at Battlefield 3 and MW3. Just keep them hepped up on Mountain Dew and I'm sure they could do better.

What they really need is....this guy!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'm sure many of us have flown kites into trees when we were children,

it's almost laughable,

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614

something is fishy,

Obama calls on Iran to give back downed US drone

Seriously?

and

"The Americans have perhaps decided to give us this spy plane," Ahmadinejad said.

I choose the second comment.
apnews.myway.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join