It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Big Man' Throws Punk Off Train For Not Paying

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So I guess when most nations are in debt and almost all the public has no money you would support authority assualting you and your family for not being able to pay for something that is in fact ment to be a public right.

As far as I am aware in most western nations public transport would be liable for damages if that kid was to be killed, raped or whatever walking home because he was denied transport.

As I think the kid said he did pay for one but it was the wrong ticket so it makes the issue even more trivial.

This person is not a punk, please save your language because no doubt in the future you will have to be calling friends and family punks for not being able to afford such things.

This man needs to be charged with assualt as not only did he assualt the kid but the women sitting down and the train officer.

Stop picking on the little guy and realise the problems that cause things like this to happen

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

The old guy was already talking to the guy.. why should the big guy also have to talk.

Seriously, the kid was apparently mistaken about his ticket or was trying to scam the system. He was inconveniencing the other passengers who were having to wait for him to put up or leave. If I was in this situation and the delay was threatening to cause harm to myself or my family, I would have booted him as well.

As for public transportation .. well, yes, it is subsidised by the government.. if it wasn't a train ticket would cost more as would bus fare. It is a service you must pay for.. taxes just help to make it cheaper so most people can afford it.
edit on 12-12-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThrowCatsAtCacti

So I guess when most nations are in debt and almost all the public has no money you would support authority assualting you and your family for not being able to pay for something that is in fact ment to be a public right.

As far as I am aware in most western nations public transport would be liable for damages if that kid was to be killed, raped or whatever walking home because he was denied transport.

As I think the kid said he did pay for one but it was the wrong ticket so it makes the issue even more trivial.

This person is not a punk, please save your language because no doubt in the future you will have to be calling friends and family punks for not being able to afford such things.

This man needs to be charged with assualt as not only did he assualt the kid but the women sitting down and the train officer.

Stop picking on the little guy and realise the problems that cause things like this to happen

The extent some folks go to make excuses for, rationalize and build elaborate 'What-If's' to explain criminal action never ceases to amaze me..and actually IS one of the things that makes ATS enjoyable. There is always something new to see for viewpoints and ideologies, even for those who thought they'd seen it all. They haven't seen all of ATS!

Following that general observation, I must say this case seems to show nothing more interesting or worthy of excuse than a garden variety punk and he got a punk's send off...Air-Mail.
Why do I use that description given so little seen of the video? Well...keeping in mind that the Scottish are polite even in their fighting (My father in-law is here on a temp visa from Scotland....and that is a Scottish Coat of Arms on my office wall...I make the observation as more than educated guess
) then this was something similar to an all out shouting match by American standards.

It wouldn't even occur to me to sit there in total disrespect of the Conductor and then argue with him in full view of the entire carload of people. THAT, in my view, is a PUNK and off he went..as he deserved. Oh and at least in America? No liability.....not legally, anyway. If you get tossed like that, then get mugged on the street...it's called Karma, not grounds for a civil suit.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Like I said he didnt actually commit a crime because public transport is a right and they have a duty to provide transport even if you dont have the money.
Get your prioritys straight

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Like I said he didnt actually commit a crime because public transport is a right and they have a duty to provide transport even if you dont have the money.

I don't know where you live, but in the most places of the USA, public transportation is NOT a "right".. it is a service.

Not sure about the UK, but if they are asking for a fare and giving tickets.. I would imagine it is the same there.
edit on 12-12-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Okay, then I must concede our views on public transportation are radically different. Perhaps a cultural thing...perhaps a straight difference in values and outlook...but very different indeed.

The only public transportation in the United States that is a 'right' are the engines of bi-pedal locomotion at the end of either leg. Everything else is designed, built and paid for by others. Even truly public systems are still paid by each individual in only the smallest, immeasurable way for actual contribution. Hence...it costs and a Judge will be more than happy to explain the point in sentencing for the violation of defrauding the transportation service.

Ask any New Yorker what happens..and how FAST it happens, if they just say 'screw it...' they don't wanna pay that day..and jump a turn style. I assure you that first, the Subway system IS public transportation..and second, that is an officer paid by the public taxes who will arrest and book said thief for making that rather short sighted decision.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Well I dont know what its like in scotland, but tell me: If someone doesnt have any money and then gets refused transport back home, whos fault is it if something happens to them walking home because they couldnt get transport. The state. Firstly because of our economy which makes people broke and secondly because its impossible for him to get transport even tho that service is there it is just economicly biased.

You shouldnt be so quick to attack people like this kid because soon enough we will all be in his position.
edit on 12-12-2011 by ThrowCatsAtCacti because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

The old guy was already talking to the guy.. why should the big guy also have to talk.

Because there's always the chance that the guy would leave with the "threat" of another person getting involved, without having to resort to violence. e.g in history sometimes the greatest power was the threat of a sword, rather than using the sword.

Grabbing the guy without even saying a word to him is asking for trouble. He's lucky the guy was weak, because there were children close by and it could have turned out worse.

My point is violence should be a last resort in minor situations like this e.g "personally" try to talk to him yourself before roughing him up.

Anyway I liked what the "big guy" did, I just didn't like the way he did it, that's all. I just hope the guy didn't actually buy the ticket, if he did, then he has REALLY bad social skills. lol
edit on 12-12-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Well I dont know what its like in scotland, but tell me: If someone doesnt have any money and then gets refused transport back home, whos fault is it if something happens to them walking home because they couldnt get transport. The state. Firstly because of our economy which makes people broke and secondly because its impossible for him to get transport even tho that service is there it is just economicly biased.

You shouldnt be so quick to attack people like this kid because soon enough we will all be in his position.

I'm not IN Scotland...I implied I was Scottish, which I am by about 50%..the other half is Irish. I guess that means when I get too drunk to remember what I did, I'll feel compelled to apologize profusely for it afterward.
My step-father (inlaw to be precise) is born and bred Scottsman to the point that he flew here and attended his wedding in traditional Kilt and everything that does..or doesn't go with it. Anyway....

Whose fault is it? Well, it's HIS fault for going somewhere he didn't have at least 2 possibilities for getting back from. Double down on the stupid if he left with a shortage of money and knew it. Who knows on that last one...maybe he spent more than he expected or something else...but theft by fraud isn't a solution, and arguing with an old conductor just puts the guy in a low class all his own.

You're right..we might all someday face this. In fact, I dare say that most of us over about 30 DID face this for most of our childhood. School Buses didn't come for kids who lived next door to the school back then.
I didn't have wealth to buy myself a car for my 16th birthday and life was on the hush puppy or pedal power until I was about 19. I NEVER went somewhere I couldn't first think of a plan B for getting back from...however unlikely it may have seemed I'd need it. After awhile, that becomes so ingrained, it's just automatic to think up a solution to before ever starting a trip. So.. Sorry, 0 sympathy for the punk on that basis. No pay? NO play.

A side note here though... We disagree bigtime on this..but have managed to go on for awhile without being disagreeable. That is nice for a change..and just unusual enough to be remarkable. So..there is my remark to note the occasion.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
how incredibly petty.
humanity, you disgust me, once again.

did anybody notice that there was no communication in this video?
the old guy just repeated over and over that he could sit there all night,
the kid just swore and got his back up
and that giant knucklehead who waded in clearly didn't have communication in mind.

i have no idea what the circumstances leading to this were
or what could have been understood or arranged with just a little discussion

what i do know is i felt sick to my stomach at that applause.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Well...keeping in mind that the Scottish are polite even in their fighting

Sorry that is complete rubbish, I live in the UK, have been to Scotland a couple of times, know and have worked with loads of Scottish people and some very good friends who live there. When the Scots want to get down and dirty they absolutely do and there is nothing polite about it, just like most other human beings in fact. Polite even in their fighting? You'll often find them wandering the tube stations of London, drunk and abusively mouthing off in some deeply nasty ways (usually about the English - who of course wear bowler hats a lot and have tea with the queen right?).

Take a leisurely stroll around a Glasgow council estate at night and see if you change your point of view (well don't actually, I certainly wouldn't).

www.guardian.co.uk...

You can't expect to know a whole nation because of one individual! And of course lots of Scots are very polite and wonderful people, there are several I love very much. Your father-in-law is probably a very decent person I have no reason to think otherwise.

Big boy is blatantly a violent prick looking for an excuse to chuck his weight about. Like coppers, bouncers and store detectives those kinds of people are worse than the villains in my opinion, at least with the villains you get what you see, those other types of bully try to cover up their nasty tendencies in the cloak of authority and 'doing the right thing'. It's easy to spot a mile off.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I don´t think the big man had the right to manhandle this guy, regardless of wehter he paid or not, and I also question the heroism of the big man, seems more like a bully that saw a chance to buuly someone physically and get aplauded for it.

I´m not saticking up for the guy without the proper ticket, but to call the other guy a hero goes too far for me.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by decepticonLaura
how incredibly petty.
humanity, you disgust me, once again.

did anybody notice that there was no communication in this video?
the old guy just repeated over and over that he could sit there all night,
the kid just swore and got his back up
and that giant knucklehead who waded in clearly didn't have communication in mind.

i have no idea what the circumstances leading to this were
or what could have been understood or arranged with just a little discussion

what i do know is i felt sick to my stomach at that applause.

Hope this great video makes you feel better lol. This is how you handle situations like this, violence should be a last resort.

edit on 13-12-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

LOOOL - german classic^^ but hes so only intimidated because his brother is "head" or at least in higher position of their criminal family-clan and will seriously FuKK his brother because kuhr is/was also involved in their bizz...

anyway - the big guy is like epic beard men =) sometimes you gotta stand and fight for justice...especially if someone is so disrespectful to an elderly...
edit on 13-12-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

If someone doesnt have any money and then gets refused transport back home, whos fault is it if something happens to them walking home because they couldnt get transport.

Seriously?
So it's not the kids fault for not having the money to buy a ticket
And it is the trains fault for not providing transporation if the kid is mugged while walking home.
But it's not the mugger's fault for mugging the kid because he just wanted a few bucks to eat

The whole "who's fault is it?" mentality is what's wrong with this world. Who can we blame? Who can we point the finger at? Who can we sue?

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men. "
-The Boondock Saints

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ThrowCatsAtCacti

Where are you from? And who brought you up? When has it been okay to just do whatever you want? Did your mommy tell you you were special? You just keep spouting that "it's my right", If you want to go that route well then be prepared to deal with the consequences. You can't just pick and choose from the constitution. I assume that's where you're getting the whole"wah wah it's my rights!" If you're using the constitution and bill of rights as a scapegoat then have the common sense to accept the judicial system and the "LAWS and RIGHTS" that go with it as well. If it was your business and someone was trying to get a freebie from you, you'd be the first to be cryin" HE's not following the rules someone do something!" Spoiled kids...oh well.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by canselmi

Way to go you summed it up while i was typing...WHo can i sue? Let's not forget the time-honored "It was that bands fault for making music that made my spoiled kid go and shoot someone." Not my fault as a parent.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I think it was quite clear that the young guy was not going to comply with anyone.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by decepticonLaura

wow you felt sick? what did you eat? It's obvious this little kid is acting tough and insubordinate so that's a tell-tale sign he's not about to comply and pay. He even swears in front of elderly and children(complete disregard for the rest of the people onboard). It's obvious that the conductor was already requesting he pay before the video starts. THEREFORE, all this was COMMUNICATED before and during the video. He had many chances to comply and the whole time the rest of the PAYING passengers must wait on him. P.S. applause is not nauseating. Stop being so dramatic, or try and do something about it..(i'm sure you can think of something like: making sure that brute who threw that poor defenseless man off the train gets arrested or sued...go on be like everyone else.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Great video.
What is the world coming to these days

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join