It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Shuts Down Syrian TV Page after Uploading Video Showing ABC's Manipulation of Interview wi

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Facebook Shuts Down Syrian TV Page after Uploading Video Showing ABC's Manipulation of Interview with President al-Assad

www.sana.sy

In an attempt to suppress the truth and in violation of the Syrians' right to self expression, Facebook adminsitraiton on Friday shut down the official page of the Syrian TV.

This step was taken after a video of a press conference by Foreign Affairs and Expatriates Ministry Spokesman Jihad Makdessi was uploaded on the page. The conference showed how the US TV channel ABC manipulated the content of their interview with President Bashar al-Assad and distorted it through editing and omission.

In response to this, Syrians on Facebook started a new page dedicated to the Syrian TV.
(visit the link for the full news article)

funny they delete your accout in a matter of seconds,but if u want to delete it yourself,u must ask them for permition....

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by John0Doe

Facebook Shuts Down Syrian TV Page after Uploading Video Showing ABC's Manipulation of Interview with President al-Assad

www.sana.sy

In an attempt to suppress the truth and in violation of the Syrians' right to self expression, Facebook adminsitraiton on Friday shut down the official page of the Syrian TV.

This step was taken after a video of a press conference by Foreign Affairs and Expatriates Ministry Spokesman Jihad Makdessi was uploaded on the page. The conference showed how the US TV channel ABC manipulated the content of their interview with President Bashar al-Assad and distorted it through editing and omission.

In response to this, Syrians on Facebook started a new page dedicated to the Syrian TV.
(visit the link for the full news article)

funny they delete your accout in a matter of seconds,but if u want to delete it yourself,u must ask them for permition....

Not really, Facebook is privately owned and they therefore reserve the right to handle your account in accordance with the terms and conditions under which you agree to, with them. That's the way of it. Simple.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
After watching several of my friends use Facebook (and my 2 sons) over recent years, I have no desire to want to join. Isn't it just a way to waste valuable time, and the time of others, with meaningless chit-chat?

Regarding the ABC manipulation... Advertising Revenue is directly proportionate to Ratings. Wars and carnage generate a lot of viewers, hence a lot of expensive commercial slots. Sort of like a 3 or 4 year long mini-superbowl. The media needs a new flash-point of carnage to generate ratings. Syria or Iran will get the job done for them nicely. The best possible scenario for the satan-controlled news media would be an Iran / Israeli war.
-cwm

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I just LOVE it when the U.S. decides to invade middle-eastern countries in order to help "liberate" the people from their "dictators". They are so full of $%^! Just look at Africa, look at the Sudan, look what's happening on that continent. Do you see the U.S. intervening there on behalf of the oppressed? Do you see them trying to stop the massacre that goes on every single day at the hands of "freedom fighters" and corrupt, evil Governments? NO! You don't see them intervening for a humanitarian cause, because those countries don't have anything we really want. Actually the massacres are good for business. We can sell them some more weapons!

GOD..... the hypocrisy is UNBELIEVABLE! I'm assuming that within the next year or so we'll see this guy's bloodied body laying among the rubble, being raped with a knife and a bunch of "liberated" happy Syrian citizens dancing around and praising the U.S. and NATO for their good work. Just spreading the democracy....

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
That's pretty bad. The power of the edit - wow two completely different videos.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BAZ752

Personally I think FB may be "evil" and all. But TBH I have no need to hide from said "miners". Come and get some! I have terrible credit, take it and manipulate it. Who knows, I may come out ahead. If they'd like to know my where abouts they could just call and ask, again I have nothing to hide.

Do I think the tyrants are worthless wastes of flesh? Sure! Do I think they can cause harm to people? Sure! Do I welcome it? Like I said before, come and get some. I have nothing to fear, as there is nothing to fear. I have nothing to lose, as it will all be lost one day anyway. All I can do is give, the best I can. Be as good to people as I can, and just be me. Will I ever regret saying anything for all eyes to see? Only if I didn't think about it thoroughly and actually disagree with myself at a later time.

I really think if none of us gave a flying %^$# about people manipulating us, we could stand up together and right this wrong. Till then live in fear I guess, I will be enjoying my freedom of speech till "they take it away". And even then I will be the first to say my piece when they come to my door. When they enslave me or kill me I will still be laughing. Enslaving me will be their worst choice, but who knows what kind of damage I can cause without a body. So I guess it will be a win-win.

Stay strong in your mind and you will understand nothing can really harm you but your own perception of your reality.

Again, and yelling this time, come get some!
edit on 12-12-2011 by ItanimuliiluminatI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
So wait.. You acknowledge Facebook is being meddled by CIA and the information there is being 'sold', yet you still hold on to your Facebook accounts?
Huh?

I just deactivated my facebook account. I never used it anyways, and would only use it for games otherwise.

and never liked agreeing to apps using my personal data, etc...
edit on 12-12-2011 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You have a lot of arrogance to assume you are the voice of reason, and it is just as appalling you for you to claim "OWS is naive", in a thread with nothing to do with OWS. Honestly, what is your point here? Are you claiming there is a conspiracy about Syria threatening global media?

If so, how do you care to address the fact that ABC manipulated an interview, and then broadcasted it as the full-piece?

I mean honestly, what are you even talking about... you failed to discuss the crux of the matter and instead just projected your fallacies and lack of reason about your feelings on OWS and other interventionist nonsense.

Actually, what I was suggesting is that Reporters (Profressionals and the Internet 'Home Game' version) seem to make a habit of acting like they walk on water when no one is looking and just leap into their pants with both legs at once every morning before leaving for work.

In fact..... Places like Syria don't play and they don't send nasty notes if high officials really get bent about something written or said...and they've just stopped caring about appearances all together. I don't think they've given up on TRYING to save their lives yet...but that will come. When it does, a report like this won't get people arrested...it'll just get them shot in the brainpan at point blank range...and their family may or may not ever even know what happened.

People were flipping out that Youtube, a division of Google these days, was pulling a video. Well, it's a fair point to make..and in a little harsher terms than I said it the first time...that Google may very well have been opoint blank told to drop the video, or Google people would die hard or just disappear, never to be seen again. Period. End of story.

The sheer arrogance of Western citizens never ceases to amaze me when talking about other nations..and I'm not innocent there by any means...but Syria is a nation full of men right now who've really done little more than respond to a very organized and well funded attempt to overthrow their national leadership by violent force. Obama will put people down JUST AS BRUTALLY if it ever comes to that here. Don't doubt that for a nano-second, lest you become a victim yourself in the process of proving me right.

The rest of your post, I'm not missing. I am ignoring. I'll push a debate right up to the edge of being personal on those rare occasions where even THAT much inter-personal conflict seems justified...but I don't take it into the realm of vicious and vile personal attack to another ATS member... You went WELL beyond the line of personal and seem headed right on into vile.... I'll drop any further replies before your train gets into Vile station on this thread. At the least, I won't be standing on the platform awaiting the arrival.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan
Al-assad was voted in twice unopposed. How you interpret that is all up to you I guess. However, he has done much to modernize his country and has done a good job of taking state run business and turning them over to private owners.

Most of these "crack-downs" are lies. The government has taken action to limit speech and human rights according to western media, according to the Syrian government they have done so to protect against terrorist threats in their region from outside forces. Syria has said they are being subversively infiltrated and they are being undermind in that subversive action.

Do you find his reasoning and explanation unbelievable after Libya, Iraq, and Afghanistan?
No leader or country is perfect and I believe a lot of the bad things we here is propaganda and those who listen to it and stand against Syria do not respect truth at all.

If you're familiar with my posts on the subject of Syria, you'd see I largely agree with you in so far as this being blown out of context to what it actually is..and most of all, it being absolutely none of OUR business in the West, either way.

Assad is no nice guy...and unopposed doesn't surprise me. Rumor has it, Saddam pulled 90% + votes out of his elections too. That isn't tough when execution or torture awaits a political opponent with any serious support of the people. After that's been demonstrated a couple times, people stop running against the leader. Same game, different scenery the world over.

Having pointed out the fact Assad is no buddy and I have no sympathy for the man personally...I WILL note that the Middle East is no place for liberals, progressives or soft hearted people. Weak leaders die hard..and real quick, too. The populations over there have been under STRONG leaders for a couple thousand years.... How arrogant of the West to think we can ride in and in less than 10 years of fighting, dying and killing, change history that was OLD news a thousand years before America was even known to exist in the modern world.

Leave Syria for Syrians...and whatever happens happens. We can make new trade deals with a new government or rebuild them with Assad...if we can kindly stop trying to KILL him long enough to disengage! Heck tho... Syria is only one of at least 6 nations we're running combat operations in..or in their case, soon will be.

America is becoming a nation of perpetual war..and I could just cry about that some days. What the hell is my Son growing up to inherit?
edit on 12-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: Correction.....

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
Seriously..... This guys name is jihad?
really?!?
Jihad?
The mans name means 'holy war', are effing kidding me?

Jihad does not mean 'holy war'. Jihad means 'to strive' or 'to struggle'. For example, in Arabic they say "Jihad fee sabeel el-lah", which means, "striving in the way of God". It's a duty among Muslims to strive for everything. For example, strive to do your best at work, strive to do your best at school, strive to get a job, strive to be a good person, etc. Islam basically urges Muslims/people to always do their best in everything.

The misleading MSM manipulated it to control and convince people that it is ok to launch a holy war against Islam. When they said it, and spread it all over convincing people it means "holy war", they've basically already telling you, "Hey look, Muslims have already declared a holy war on us, which would totally justify going on a holy killing spree vs them!". This way everyone would back them up and believe the crap they spew.

If they tell the masses what the real meaning is and that these Mujahideen are people who are striving for a cause, imagine the masses response would be "meh". Some would even be impressed by their means of striving, which the MSM don't want.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Facebook just became lamebook!!! I posted it to my wall so all my 2000+ FB friends can see it and pass it on to their friends, how lame, FB is always caught up in some scam, it's unfortunate I have people on there who I can't talk to otherwise or else id be gone by now from there, FB was caught censoring something else no to long ago but I can't remember at this moment. It'll catch up with them for sure.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Facebook monitors and tracks you, and Zuckerberg is on record calling Facebook customers "Dumb F***ers if they trust us" and fb is known to sell your data. Complete slime of a company and its no surprise that they have gotten as far as they have, because Google is the same exact way and look how far theyve come. If the system likes you, you are allowed to get ahead. And this is just another example of authoritarian act by facebook and its obvious who's side they are on, and it is the power-elite who want war and disruption in the middle east. F-U Facebook and Zuckerbi***.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

I don't care either. The NWO puppets can stare till their eyes pops out of their sockets for all I care. If we're useless eaters anyway which they mean to exterminate anyway, then they can find us whether we have FB accounts or not. Death is coming to us all in time, either naturally or by foul means. I much prefer giving them the proverbial finger and annoy them as long as I can. If that makes me sheeple, so be it. I don't play any stupid FB games either.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TitaniumL

And how do you strive to get to god? You strap on a god darn bomb and go out in a blaze of glory! LOL!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
Seriously..... This guys name is jihad?
really?!?
Jihad?
The mans name means 'holy war', are effing kidding me?

How so?
Jihad does not mean Holy War so how can his name?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I watched the the ABC version and the unedited version and this article appears to have hold some truth to it.

I'm not defending Assad's brutal crackdown, but I am considering the possibility that the media is putting it's own spin on things to make things appear worse than they really are, and portraying the events that are unfolding in a certain way in which benefits certain interests.

I will let you judge for yourselves.

Facebook is nothing more than a useful tool for the propaganda machine that also likes to mine your data. Stories like this definitely help prove it. Hey Mark Zuckerberg, which agency told you to take this channel down?

www.sana.sy

Both versions have nothing but propaganda and lies coming from him anyway, what is sickening is the fact that all these people are dying because of him yet he goes on to say " it's a game we play " then laughs.
This dictator is no different than Hitler and may even become worse if he's allowed to continue his cold blooded game.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbread

"it's a game we play " then laughs.
I actually think he's talking about Syria's role in the UN when he says that. He thinks the UN is a joke, and he's right.

I am so sick of seeing the western world interfere with the middle east. Yes this guy certainly is a terrible 'dictator' that needs to be taken out like Gaddafi.

Are you people really so [snipped] stupid that you'd fall for this so soon after the Libyan incident? Even after we've had people telling us Syria will be next for months.

I give up... what's the point! People will believe anything the mainstream media tells them.
edit on 13-12-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Dec 13 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I hate the word "sheeple", mostly because of smug, morose adolescents overusing it. But I have often seen people ask, "What are 'sheeple'?"

That is easy: anyone with a Facebook account.

The only way to win the game is to play the game better then them. You think hiding is working for you? LOL.

I'd rather put my information up and filter it as I deem necessary, meaning I put up what I want the world to see and that's it, then sit and hide and pretend I am safe.
They can mine the crap out of my information, they won't get much out of it.

When I created my facebook profile, I used, as a strategy to remain anonymous, false information. For example, I used the wrong date of birth, the wrong city where I live, and a wrong generic last name of "PersonalInformation" but I used my real first name. I also used my real picture for my facebook profile, but if any one wants to find that picture based on the information I loaded up on my facebook profile they will surely get lost.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I hate the word "sheeple", mostly because of smug, morose adolescents overusing it. But I have often seen people ask, "What are 'sheeple'?"

That is easy: anyone with a Facebook account.

The only way to win the game is to play the game better then them. You think hiding is working for you? LOL.

I'd rather put my information up and filter it as I deem necessary, meaning I put up what I want the world to see and that's it, then sit and hide and pretend I am safe.
They can mine the crap out of my information, they won't get much out of it.

When I created my facebook profile, I used, as a strategy to remain anonymous, false information. For example, I used the wrong date of birth, the wrong city where I live, and a wrong generic last name of "PersonalInformation" but I used my real first name. I also used my real picture for my facebook profile, but if any one wants to find that picture based on the information I loaded up on my facebook profile they will surely get lost.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

edit on 13-12-2011 by sabalsis1972 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join