It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Shuts Down Syrian TV Page after Uploading Video Showing ABC's Manipulation of Interview wi

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

in your story you state the people there are being held to ransom but the brother of your friend had to go looking for him as he was missing with no mention of a ransom, for obviously if there was a ransom there would also be details about where to pay it without him having to track his brother down. Also why didnt they just arrest him as well? not just at the border but also at the airport?

No offense but your just a name on a screen with no credibility. Your story has about as much credibility as any story someone can make up on the net with no proof. Im not saying the events in the story didnt happen im just saying there are some inconsistencies with the way you say things went down.

Thats just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
SHAME on ABC and FACEBOOK! Shame on our manipulated media for not giving us the whole story! Shame on our corrupt media for making Syria's government look worse than they are. It's obvious our media and government is h3ll bent on going to war!

I've always known that the Internet's sole purpose is for keeping track of its citizens. Once the Patriot act was passed, everything was open. Facebook and all those other data mining fronts went full steam ahead and here we are. Personally, I wouldn't mind if the Internet ceased to exist! It's done more harm than good to global, human society!

I hope this gets escalated somehow to the mainstream so people can have hard evidence that we are constantly spoon fed propaganda and not truth!
edit on 12-12-2011 by my3911 because: Our government disgusts me!

edit on 12-12-2011 by my3911 because: Correction

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
For those of you who have not even watched the entire interview.. (No offense to OP, but that 6 minutes did it very little justice) ... Here it is:

As an American, it angers me to see such hypocrisy in my media and government.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

I know a guy whose name is Victor Michael. His name literally means "Conqueror of God."

I try not to lose any sleep over it.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

No offense taken, thanks for posting the whole video

Here in Canada our media is just as corrupt, especially since the last 5 years or so it's worse than ever before. Our media mirrors the same garbage yours does

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
So the lesson here is:

DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU HEAR, SEE OR READ. OUR MEDIA SOURCES ARE NO LONGER RELIABLE ...AT ALL! THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN KNOW THE TRUTH IS TO SEE IT PERSONALLY WITH YOUR OWN EYES.

With current technology; all images, video and sound can be manipulated into propaganda.

It's a sad, sad world we live in.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

That whole "strong as the weakest link" bit is just pithy BS. That is wholly untrue.

On a smaller scale, it may hold true. Among 8 billion, it doesn't. Among the 8 billion, we are only as strong as our collective will allow.

RE: "waking people up"....that, too, is impossible. People wake themselves up. There is another saying that applies here: "You can take a horse to water but can't make him drink." Until people are strong enough to overcome cognitive dissonance, there is no "waking them up".

RE: changing the heart of the government...that happens 1 of 2 ways: armed and violent revolt, or through the will of the collective. Problem is, because of the honey pot media schemes, most people are unable to effect their will, and the collective is more like an arrhythmatic heart: working hard but accomplishing very little. So few people know HOW to think that they just report to the media outlet du jour to be told WHAT to think instead.
edit on 12-12-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

Thats my point exactly.

If the user base of facebook (8billion by your count) is mainly sheeple dont you think that poses a significant weak link in the chain of humanity??? NOT to mention that those users are the consumers of society and the ones who tptb are trying to control? They are the majority with whom the power lies. Nobody gives a sh~!t about a bunch CT on a website complaining about what the government is doing.

But have 90% status updates on facebook calling for revolution and watch the policy change. I think your letting your emotion get the better of your logic on this one as i cant help but notice a blanket response about Facebook. First my stance on Facebook is this. Its a tool, Some use it for entertainment, some for their ego and some to manipulate and some to monitor. Its just a tool. like a gun can be used to protect or kill. Its how tptb use to monitor the herd. Its been well established that for decades the media has been using subliminal advertising and messages to brain wash the people into a certain type of thinking. Instead of fighting the brainwashing use the tools to brainwash people about the brainwashing.

It will start slow but will slowly gain momentum. Im starting to see it among my own friends on FB. When i first started standing against the status quo nobody said SH!T. Now as things get worse in the world people are starting to take notice and are posting their own views on reality and its manipulation by tptb.

There is no one way to win this fight there are a million ways, and this beast is that old and massive it needs to be targeted from multiple angles. Every time someone realizes the truth of the situation thats one less sheep in the herd who is now free to wake the rest.

Your right when you say you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.
Regardless im taking a bucket of water to the horse for when its thirsty and when i give it some water i want to be able to show it where the rest of the water is so it can find it on its own and move onto the next horse.

edit on 12-12-2011 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I watched the the ABC version and the unedited version and this article appears to have hold some truth to it.

I'm not defending Assad's brutal crackdown, but I am considering the possibility that the media is putting it's own spin on things to make things appear worse than they really are, and portraying the events that are unfolding in a certain way in which benefits certain interests.

I will let you judge for yourselves.

Here is the ABC version that was aired:

Here is the unedited version:

Facebook is nothing more than a useful tool for the propaganda machine that also likes to mine your data. Stories like this definitely help prove it. Hey Mark Zuckerberg, which agency told you to take this channel down?

www.sana.sy
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

Look at that syrian flag throughout the interview. that is what a syrian flag looks like.

At 1:24 in the interview there are protestors but they are not waiving syrian flags, which are from top to bottom red stripe, white stripe black strip, with two green stars in the white stripe. In that video I see two flags:
one green, white, black -- lol
one red, black, green -- lol

Where are the syrian flags. BS that's from syria.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

8 billion is he collective of earth. FB has 300 million (by my last observation) users. A VERY insignificant portion of humanity, statistically.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Manipulate 'news' to make Afghanastan look bad - check!. Invade for 'humanitarian' purposes - check!
Manipulate 'news' to make Iraq look bad - check!. Invade for 'humanitarian' purposes - check!
Manipulate 'news' to make Libya look bad - check!. Invade for 'humanitarian' purposes - check!
Manipulate 'news' to make Syria look bad - Invade for 'humanitarian' purposes - pending...

Ching Ching!

They rely on Fakery/manipulation/lies So much i.e. 9/11, to forward their agendas.
Facebuk is free. I am sure most of its members would easily pay 10-20 dollars
per month for their services. Imagine the potential lost profits!
That should tell you evetything right there. It is a sold-out tool!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

Those look like Libyan flags at 1:24 in the first video. I never noticed, thanks for pointing it out

More dishonest interview reporting by ABC? It certainly appears so to me!

This is huge!

Libya

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

They tried that stunt earlier and got caught now they pull it again as if people aren't gunna notice? Stupid MSM. This is why people do not trust them nor their government because when you start digging you find plenty of lies that are just obvious, and out there in the open to be discovered. Time to bug out now people are actually falling for this junk and by supporting your society your are empowering the idiots of the world to keep the bs flowing.
Time to pull any and all support from society. People are entitled to take care of themselves and their own needs first before they go off saving the planet.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

You should read this about Gatekeepers, by our friend S-Dog:

schrodingersdog.com...

Absolutely brilliant.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Facebook Shuts Down Syrian TV Page after Uploading Video Showing ABC's Manipulation of Interview with President al-Assad

www.sana.sy

In an attempt to suppress the truth and in violation of the Syrians' right to self expression, Facebook adminsitraiton on Friday shut down the official page of the Syrian TV.

This step was taken after a video of a press conference by Foreign Affairs and Expatriates Ministry Spokesman Jihad Makdessi was uploaded on the page. The conference showed how the US TV channel ABC manipulated the content of their interview with President Bashar al-Assad and distorted it through editing and omission.

In response to this, Syrians on Facebook started a new page dedicated to the Syrian TV.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Facebook is a private company is it not? No one, not even Syrians have any 'right' to self expression on facebook. That's one of the most arrogant thing I have ever heard. This is not to say that Facebook isn't doing what is being said, but no one has a right to free expression via facebook. Facebook is a luxury, go express yourself somewhere else. Seems like a rather entitled attitude to me. It's not exactly news that facebook can and probably does censor things, get over it.. go find self expression somewhere else.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I'm going to paste this thread link on my facebook page and see how long it lasts. Of course the media is told what to say and what not to say. They think they're keeping everyone stupid, but they're the only stupid ones.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NellahB

Please make sure to make a note that points out at 1:24 of the first video they show Libyan flags when they're portraying it to be Syria

That would probably piss off the Facebook/ABC propaganda agenda.
edit on 12-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational
"It's not my army. I'm just the president".
LOL....Okay, 'nough said.

That drunk sounding media woman said "forces", to which he replied they're not his, but government "forces".

Are LAPD officers called 'obama forces', or referred to as LAPD?, "police" maybe.. eh?.. did 'obama forces' crush government opposition in LA the other night?

Saying " asad forces" every 3rd sentence is one of those golden nuggets of propaganda goodness that leaves the impression mister dictator tyrant boogieman de jure.. aka next on the elites hit list... is hunkered down with his henchmen, "loyalists"..."extremists" too!!, radicalized to the fullest USDA daily amount. All in a a dank command bunker leading his cruel evil "forces" in the relentless slaughter and torture of children, journalists and freedom loving critics of assads personal brand of hands on tyranny.

I especially like how 3 crimes committed in country, are his fault.. lol.. weak lady, really weak. If a handful democrat kids beat up a cartoonist who poked fun at that guy who calls himself president, .. was it "obama loyalists", better yet.. "obama forces" silencing critics? lol at the behest of dear leader?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Seriously..... This guys name is jihad?

Jihad was a very popular name in the 70's. It's popularity since then has evidently diminished, but if you are trying to judge him for the name given to him by his parents, I think you are just being arrogant.

As for facebook, it is despicable that they hinder freedom of speech and close facebook accounts for propaganda purposes. I could tell that Assad was blatantly lying and using propaganda techniques in his interview, but none-the-less that dosen't mean that his interviews should be taken off facebook or be manipulated for ABC's purposes. It should be presented in its full length for the people to decide. I am sure most would agree that he himself is a brutal tyrant.

As for Barbara. Why couldn't ABC used someone more competent and afluent with Syria, Syrian politics and the current uprising? She sounded like a parrot repeating the same thing over and over again. She was condoned for being in his face, but honestly she didn't seem in his face at all. Her questions weren't that provocative and she was easy to answer to.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
So wait.. You acknowledge Facebook is being meddled by CIA and the information there is being 'sold', yet you still hold on to your Facebook accounts?
Huh?

Why shouldn't we, honestly? If you have nothing to hide, and you aren't doing anything awful or illegal, why should you worry that CIA checks up on your Facebook account?
IMHO, worrying about the CIA checking up on your Facebook and deleting it only shows you've got something to hide.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

Most MSM today is LITERALLY, television PROGRAMMING..

They program the masses about what to accept next.. then pretend it's the new 'norm', anyone who disagrees is a conspiracy nut bag. It's "official", yup.. all the experts agree, world leaders say, officials told us, polls show, and government stooges affirm... this dictator guy sucks. Since attacking entire nations works so well to generate love for freedom, and America, it's time to slaughter more civilians for their protection.

Sometimes the village must be burned to save it.

Most people don't literally fall for it, I'll bet most adults detect the aroma of manure.. and know somewhere not too deep inside: main stream news is mostly a load of she-it, a facade, a salad of polished turds. But at the end of the day there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.. well, try to vote for the other party..lol.. get some of that "change" from bad to worse.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join