It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Aliens and UFO's racist?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Awoken4Ever

LOL, I would say they are the complete opposite of racist, they probably look at us like we look at endangered species. Concerned, interested and involved. Some may feel we are inferior, which depending on what cosmic structures they base there feeling on of course.

beware those URO's.....Unidentified Racist Objects!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMur

LMAO...love it "URO's"...going to have to steal that one from you.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

True, but I don't often see many of those because mainstream media is dominated by whites here. I guess I can boil it down some more and when I posted I meant more of an American thing, and more of a White/Black thing. I am aware of the many sightings in Mexico...

You misread my post; I was agreeing with you.

UFOs and aliens are largely cultural phenomena. There are well corroborated, genuinely unexplained UFO sightings that are hard to dismiss as hoaxes or delusions; however, these are so rare and ambiguous that it is hard to draw any conclusions from them. As for alien encounters and abductions, it seems pretty clear that we are talking about a psycho-cultural phenomenon rather than encounters with real entities. For the most part, UFOs and aliens are a ‘modern myth’, as Carl Jung described them.

And yes, I do believe they are largely a white myth. Although ethnicity may have a genetic origin, the chief (and sometimes the only) real distinction between ethnic groups is usually cultural. Whites and blacks in America are members of the same broader society, yet there are obvious cultural differences between them. One of them, certainly, is that the UFO/alien myth is largely a phenomenon of white, English-speaking, mainly North American cultures. Of course, it isn’t exclusively confined to English-speaking whites; there are reports from other European countries besides the UK, from Latin America and even Japan – indeed, there are reports from just about everywhere. But the prevalence of these reports seems roughly proportional to the degree of white, Anglophone cultural penetration. True, the UK, Mexico and Japan have well-developed UFO cults of their own; but then, the UK, Mexico and Japan are all closely-bound satellites of the United States. Someone mentioned UFO sightings in Brazil earlier; well, Brazil is a country where cows, angels, witches and demons are also regularly sighted flying through the air. It is a country where the supernatural has a big place in local culture.

Obviously your thread title was intended humorously, and anyone who takes it literally is being a bit silly. But I think you are right when you propose that aliens-and-UFOs certainly does have a cultural locus in white society; and it does seem that, Barney Hill notwithstanding, black American culture has little interest in it.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
No Aliens and UFO's is not racist.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awoken4Ever
reply to post by MonteroReal

What do you find in the latino culture? Do you find more people believe or don't believe in the topic of UFO's in general?

Is not that people believe or don't believe, is more like we usually have too much problems to be using our time worrying about ufos and aliens, so is not an important thing.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

however, these are so rare and ambiguous that it is hard to draw any conclusions from them.

Very solid statement. I have seen many of them, and I can't even draw a single conclusion out of any of it.

True, the UK, Mexico and Japan have well-developed UFO cults of their own; but then, the UK, Mexico and Japan are all closely-bound satellites of the United States.

Very, very interesting. I haven't gotten that far and connected the dots yet.

Someone mentioned UFO sightings in Brazil earlier; well, Brazil is a country where cows, angels, witches and demons are also regularly sighted flying through the air. It is a country where the supernatural has a big place in local culture.

Another solid observation.

Obviously your thread title was intended humorously, and anyone who takes it literally is being a bit silly.

But I think you are right when you propose that aliens-and-UFOs certainly does have a cultural locus in white society; and it does seem that, Barney Hill notwithstanding, black American culture has little interest in it.

Thanks, I have been lacking a tad in the support department on this one.

Excellent post, thank you sir! This is the kind of stuff I was after to help me elevate my current thinking from where I was currently stuck. Those dots you connected for me "closely-bound satellites" is extremely helpful and now I can spend more time thinking about this in another light. It also helps me pull it closer to some other subjects I am interested in now. That is exactly the kind of info I was after!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

this is uncanny. This is the same schtick I've been putting out there for years now. Dude you know me don't you?!?!

edit on 12-12-2011 by grubblesnert because: It's the spelling thing again!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MonteroReal

Well said. This is just a very small piece of a much bigger puzzle, and a much bigger problem. I am just looking at the micros at the moment with you all, but this is really about the macros IMO, but you wouldn't know that off of what I am saying and the contents of this thread. I am just trying to fill in some more pieces to the puzzle is all.

I am just waking up to finding myself drowning in the middle of the ocean, and I see no land in site. My questions are not intended to harm, be racists, or to drive a stake down into the middle of an already wounded animal. I am just trying to understand what the water is actually made of, because I have never seen water before, or know how to swim, this way I can figure out how to stay afloat. If I don't question everything, then I will continue falling back into deeper dreams nested inside dreams. I didn't really mean to take the red pill, but I did without knowing what was "really" in it. Same as getting a bad dose, you really don't know what the trip is going to be like until you take the trip. Downside is once it kicks in, you have no control over it anymore.

Not sure if that makes any sense to anybody, but it currently does to me for where I am at. It's hard communicating what is going on, because often I am trying to figure out which one of you is actually awake, which one of you is still sleeping, and which one of you is ahead of me in waking up from dreams inside dreams. That doesn't even include dis-agents and all kinds of other landmines we need to avoid and spot on the fly. Soooooooooooo much to figure out, and it's hard not to get caught up in waking up from one dream, inside someone else's nightmare. So many external forces at play here, and all I am is just a pawn on the board.

All I can do is ask questions, put out ignorant statements, and keep showing up. I really have no idea how to induce my next lesson, or where (or who) it is going to come from, so I just keep showing up until it presents itself. Sometimes it can take numerous posts, numerous pages, or numerous threads, but sooner or later that epiphany comes and I get the, "a-ha!!!" moment, like I just had a few moments ago. It usually comes when I least expect it of course.

Thanks for those of you have been patient and helpful. Even some of the haters helped believe it or not

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Of course, I am your alter-ego...the good one though

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Supporting evidence to counter my argument, or are you just about one liners to tell people they are wrong?

Hey I have an idea for you OP. Instead of being an arrogant, narrow minded person who lacks a sense of humor and the ability to engage in an intelligent conversation or a legitimate debate on this topic. I strongly suggest that you stop promoting the standard, stereotypical racist views that exist in the ghetto towards other people not raised in a "ghetto" environment.

How about you also stop acting like a complete hypocrite. You really should actually post some of your own evidence supporting your claims. That's usually how it works, ya know? So far you have posted nothing but a few outlandish theories backed up by more outrageous personal ideas that you cooked up while watching too many TV commercials. Seeing as how you have decided to ignore most of the evidence presented by people here that counters your arguments and ideas.

You also seem to be implying that you have some type of important revelation that you do not wish to reveal at this time. So just come out with it and say it already ....if any of it isn't just a figment of your imagination. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing bad about having a strong and vivid imagination. If it's actually put to good use and creates some interesting ideas that can be discussed.

Don't worry though. I don't really expect a response. I fully expect you to continue to ignore me as you have already stated that those are your intentions.. But, perhaps you will see that I actually am not trying put you down in anyway, except to broaden your horizons and expand your mindset to a deeper level. Expand your thinking both inward and outward so it reflects upon more than just skin color and/or outward appearances .

Believe it or not I am actually trying to encourage you to not only question the World around you. But to also question your own personal dogma and indoctrinated viewpoints and all the preconceived notions of the World in which you live in. One of the best tasks a person can undertake in this World is to improve upon ones own self and his/hers negative behaviors.

There is nothing wrong with me or you pointing out someone else's bad behavior. But you can not make that person change. I can not make you change. You appear to have made a rush to judgment and quickly decided to prejudice yourself and alienate yourself from people who challenged your rational or your motives for projecting racism onto Alien beings.

You chose to judge me and my character based on very very few comments I made. Two of which I clearly stated were jokes and I even apologized to you if my jokes offended you. Yet you decided to focus on the "racist remarks" and ignore the rest of my legitimate points I brought up with you.

When you do finally decide to come out from behind the blinders of your youth and expand your horizons beyond the currently narrow view you have of things. I will sincerely applaud your efforts. It's OK to admit that you are not very experienced with other Countries and cultures and are seeking out informed opinions and knowledge. But to then turn around and display an arrogant attitude towards other people of opposing views is not exactly acting being appropriate in the spirit of sharing knowledge with the intent to develop wisdom and a better understanding of people..

I think it's important that once in awhile everyone should reflect inwards and shine the light of truth upon oneself. We should all try to break down the barriers and confines of our own attitudes, behaviors and personality. Examine the connections to our subconscious mind. We should all take a moment to think, evaluate and re-evaluate what we project upon others. Usually we find that a root cause of the outward protests we display towards others actually is in part a reflection of ones own inner demons, shortcomings and behavioral flaws.

I would normally say good luck to you in all your future endeavors but unfortunately your current quest seems to be more about spreading ignorance, creating separations between people and promoting more racism towards others not like yourself. I'm afraid that you do not even realize that the opinions you have expressed are coming from negative view and even though you have tried to express your thoughts in a positive way it doesn't appear to be very productive does it?

So if you really want to make a positive impact on issues of racism, I suggest that you do not speculate on the behavior of Aliens. Try to present your ideas with some supportable facts to your theory. In my opinion you are basically making a mockery of both these issues. You're essentially trying to find faults in Alien beings that may not actually exist. Well, I seem to have just about run out of characters allowed per post.

So, have a goodnight

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
E.T.'s....dependent on which race you are talking about.....see us in a diferant light. Some view us as as we would view a infestation of prairie dogs....others as but mites....others as interesting but too under evolved.
Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
What about the Men in Black?

Morgan Freeman just hosted Through the Wormhole.

I know it's NASA, but c'mon: Charles Bolden Jr

This guy too:

James Earl Jones was the voice of Darth Vader.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I assume OP is black, as only black people complain about the lack of color in 'insert venue here'. I don't need to parrot what everyone else is saying about how there are in fact other countries that aren't predominately white, that also deal with Ufology. Since OP is dealing only with black statistics, I'll throw some out there. Black people make up about 13% of the American populus. Factor in the disproportionate number of those who call prison home, and it takes it down even more. Also factor in where black people live. You don't often here about alien abductions going on in the 'ghetto' as you so eloquently put it.

You may think aliens are racist, but perhaps you should take a look in the mirror.

I think you're just axing the wrong questions..........

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

As a Child I was told that exterrestrials are black people. I was told that there was a nuclear war on planet Earth millions of years ago. Some humans (black people) left in very advanced space craft to escape the violence and others went underground. My parent told me that "racsim" is a big reason for the cover-up of exterrestrials visiting the planet. The most advance race of aliens that the governments supposedly have ever come in contact with are black.

Not saying I believe all this, but just ask yourself if aliens were indeed black african people would our leaders be proud to disclose that information? Racism as a tool of divide and conquer could not work very well if the more advance exterrestrials are black...
edit on 12-12-2011 by Teeky because: wordn

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

The China Syndrome

Zorgon’s post about UFO sightings in China intrigued me. China is a country that envies America its global predominance and is engaged in a great national effort to emulate and overtake it. China is Americanizing fast; given that fact and my belief that UFOs are a cultural phenomenon, one would expect to see a largely blank past history of UFO sightings in China, followed by a sudden, recent upsurge in them.

So I had a little google, and guess what? That is exactly what one does see.

A list of UFO sightings in China at Wikipedia offers only five incidents prior to 2010. In that year, China Expo 2010 was held in Shanghai. This massive trade and cultural exhibition was both a showcase for Chinese products and an assertion of China’s new economic and industrial might. This is what the Expo 2010 cultural pavilion looks like:

And it seems the architect was articulating a vibrant new meme in Chinese culture, for China is currently in the middle of a full-blown flying saucer craze:

Airship causes UFO panic across China at Digital Journal

UFO in China's Skies Closes Airport, Prompts Investigation at ABC News.

'UFO' Over Chinese Airport Just an Unusual Cloud at Life’s Little Mysteries

UFOs Invade Chinese Internet at Asian Correspondents (plenty of links to YouTube videos of sightings, etc.)

The craze is so widespread even Time has noticed it: China’s Latest Export Boom: UFO Close Encounters

This is all exactly what we would expect; and, indeed, one commentator has already advanced the cultural explanation: Why China Has Produced 8 UFO Sightings in 4 Months at Live Science

But we can find another, more down-to-earth answer in psychology, pop culture, and the media. Sightings are often fueled by the mass media; people read about scary or mysterious things (or see televised reports on them), and interest about them spreads from person to person and a few people begin to see them.

It seems China wants to be America, UFOs and all.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew

You really should actually post some of your own evidence supporting your claims.
I have clearly stated from the beginning these are my observations and what I see. Clearly said, these aren't facts.

Seeing as how you have decided to ignore most of the evidence presented by people here that counters your arguments and ideas.
I have not "clearly" ignored anything that was said at all. A lot of it was very helpful. I just started ignoring you when you went off topic and made comments that were complete out of line. Regardless if you want to hide behind a vale of it being a joke, I think there are many people that won't see it funny, including myself.

You also seem to be implying that you have some type of important revelation that you do not wish to reveal at this time.
I don't have any revelation for you. Just putting pieces of the puzzle together of "my" reality. I can't post it all here, because this forum category is "Aliens and UFO's" and my theories cross the boundaries of many subjects that probably shouldn't be introduced in this category. You are more than welcome to read my history and see what other areas I have interest in though. It's no secret if you did your homework.

Don't worry though. I don't really expect a response.
You went at length to discuss your viewpoints, I think it deserves a response then.

But, perhaps you will see that I actually am not trying put you down in anyway

and I quote, "Instead of being an arrogant, narrow minded person who lacks a sense of humor and the ability to engage in an intelligent conversation or a legitimate debate on this topic... " "I strongly suggest that you stop promoting the standard, stereotypical racist views that exist in the ghetto towards other people not raised in a "ghetto" environment..." "How about you also stop acting like a complete hypocrite..." "if any of it isn't just a figment of your imagination."

That is just in this post alone, never mind your back posts. You have a funny way of "not" putting people down.

except to broaden your horizons and expand your mindset to a deeper level.
I very well believe you have the capability of doing that if you would just take your own advice.

Expand your thinking both inward and outward so it reflects upon more than just skin color and/or outward appearances.
You truly have no idea where my thinking is or what it has been expanded to. You are basing everything you think off of a few posts I put up and truly know nothing about me at all.

Believe it or not I am actually trying to encourage you to not only question the World around you. But to also question your own personal dogma and indoctrinated viewpoints and all the preconceived notions of the World in which you live in. One of the best tasks a person can undertake in this World is to improve upon ones own self and his/hers negative behaviors.
I do believe you, and you are not saying anything that hasn't been regurgitated before. I think you believe you have a message to carry, but nobody is going to hear you until you walk the walk, not just try to sound good. It's easy to think we are a Messiah, but just not act that way. People don't care what your message is, they care who is delivering it. Walk the talk is all my friend. I do believe you have some valuable insight if you just slow down and listen to things, including yourself.

There is nothing wrong with me or you pointing out someone else's bad behavior.
You haven't come close to pointing out my bad behavior, and trust me, there is a lot of it. You haven't even come close yet though. However, this thread or even this site, is not about pointing out others shortcomings. Stick to the topic, deliver your message through experience or evidence, and don't worry about others faults. A lesson we all need to be conscious of, including myself.

But you can not make that person change. I can not make you change.
In fact, you can not only change other people, but I would put in there you can't change anything but yourself. We are powerless over everything in the Universe but our actions and reactions.

You appear to have made a rush to judgment and quickly decided to prejudice yourself and alienate yourself from people who challenged your rational or your motives for projecting racism onto Alien beings.

Actually I didn't rush to judgement about anything including yourself. I am not judging anyone. You clearly made it known who you are, and I didn't judge you for it, I just said that I don't associate myself with folks like you is all. You want to be right, you want to be heard, and I am not going to have a debate with you.
continued

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterFister103
I assume OP is black, as only black people complain about the lack of color in 'insert venue here'. I don't need to parrot what everyone else is saying about how there are in fact other countries that aren't predominately white, that also deal with Ufology. Since OP is dealing only with black statistics, I'll throw some out there. Black people make up about 13% of the American populus. Factor in the disproportionate number of those who call prison home, and it takes it down even more. Also factor in where black people live. You don't often here about alien abductions going on in the 'ghetto' as you so eloquently put it.

You may think aliens are racist, but perhaps you should take a look in the mirror.

I think you're just axing the wrong questions..........

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

You are clearly looking at the black and white of the text and can't see what is really going on, and want to defend your "interpretation" with what is happening in this thread tooth and nail. You have went on a rampage against me and others in the thread, which you are not listening to anything at all that counters your beliefs. Denial is a standard response of defending anything that challenges our beliefs. Trying to talk to someone that is in denial is completely pointless. I can't help you with that. One day, you will understand hopefully. You have taken the thread literally, and missed the whole point completely. That is what denial does.

When you do finally decide to come out from behind the blinders of your youth and expand your horizons beyond the currently narrow view you have of things.

Son, I am probably twice your age, and have quite some interesting experiences in life to say the least. You are only at that age where you think you know everything, and that will change somewhere between 25-33 years of age, when you start to realize how little it is you actually know. That is only the first step of "expanding your horizons..." It only gets better from there. You will just have to trust me on this one and wait and see. That is of course, unless one lies in ignorance, denial, or prejudice. Then there really isn't anything anyone can see.

I think it's important that once in awhile everyone should reflect inwards and shine the light of truth upon oneself. We should all try to break down the barriers and confines of our own attitudes, behaviors and personality. Examine the connections to our subconscious mind. We should all take a moment to think, evaluate and re-evaluate what we project upon others. Usually we find that a root cause of the outward protests we display towards others actually is in part a reflection of ones own inner demons, shortcomings and behavioral flaws.

Very well said, I couldn't agree with you more. Just walk the walk

I would normally say good luck to you in all your future endeavors but unfortunately your current quest seems to be more about spreading ignorance, creating separations between people and promoting more racism towards others not like yourself.

There is no quest, only a journey, none of which you have knowledge of. You are judging a book by it's cover, and arguing what that cover looks like.

I'm afraid that you do not even realize that the opinions you have expressed are coming from negative view and even though you have tried to express your thoughts in a positive way it doesn't appear to be very productive does it?
No need to be afraid for me...I am a big boy. Leave my problems for me to handle, and we will get along fine. Yes, actually this was EXTREMELY productive for me. I am sorry you took nothing away from it so far, but I have gained much insight along the way.

So if you really want to make a positive impact on issues of racism, I suggest that you do not speculate on the behavior of Aliens.
Not that I agree with your statement at all, but you now have a problem with me speculating on something that doesn't actually exist yet?? Don't you think the aliens can defend themselves about what I think of them? Or do you always feel the need to jump to the defense of something that you can't even prove exists? Isn't that just a tad narrow minded? Are you going to tell me how I should feel about God next?

Try to present your ideas with some supportable facts to your theory.
I never gave you my theory yet, so you want my supportive facts before you even know what I am talking about? I will do just that for you as soon as you give me supportive facts about these so called aliens you have a problem with me calling racists. Hello Kettle, meet Pot.

Continued...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join