It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Aliens and UFO's racist?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

He implied that the abundance of White people in the media was a negative thing, especially when viewed by minority groups such as Black people. He was talking about how racist our society is when he mentioned this fact.

I didn't say he was making a case for UFO cultists being racist or that the OP himself is racist. I was merely questioning why exposure to predominately White people and culture in the media demonstrates racism, which he implied in his earlier post.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Awoken4Ever

shot bro wikipedia, thats a reliable source.....
u can look at the book online just ask and il post ya a link mate, u might enjoy it and learn a thing or two, no harm in that right?

Im unsure as to what answers u are really looking for and would be glad to try and help u answer them if you could state the questions, i really think that book is a good start to help u gain a braod overview on the subject. Most of the books your gonna find will be written by white folk, dont be a racist and not read them because they are written by white people. Some other books u could look into are "the roswell incident" by Willaim Moore and Charlez Berlitz and also Above Top Secret by Timothy Good.

I wish u the best of luck finding the anwers that your after, and sorry i couldnt shed any light on the subject for you

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Seriously.. front page wow. This thread isn't doing ATS any favors.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Stupidest thread a i have EVER seen.

I dont wish divulge any more time in this waste of space thread

edit on 13/12/2011 by SativaDub because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BillyTJames

Actually, I was just being kind of a coded wise guy. I am white, so I can't possibly be racist towards white people. Well maybe I could, but I am not racist. It wasn't anything personal at you. I might look into these books that you suggested. I do appreciate your help. In fact, I did pull out something interesting through our conversation and I thank you for that.

I do struggle with people that make coin off this stuff though. It taints everything IMO and you can't tell what is credible and what is disinformation anymore. I think the industry as a whole is overwhelming loaded with more disinformation than accurate information just for this reason. Of course, I can't prove that at all, just a gut feeling. Me picking up a book and trying to learn about something right now is like pulling a needle from the haystack as to which one is creditable and reliable. All the history books in school as a kid lied to me, so I have no idea who to believe anymore. For now, I am stuck with websites and pure intuition. Not getting me very far, but it is all I have.

I am also starting to see a major trend of folks that might have been on to something, or close, seem to all disappear, been silenced, or go underground. That is another thread within itself I am thinking of starting soon, if it hasn't been done already. I can understand, but it is frustrating from a newb's perspective.

Neo had Morpheus to show him the ropes, we seem to be flying solo.

If you haven't picked up on it, I can be quite a smart ass at times. It really is never anything personal, just something else on my list I am trying to work on and shake.

edit on 13-12-2011 by Awoken4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
The answer is that the persons that are normally involved with aliens are usually involved in other occult activities. African Americans for the most part are not as in to things like ghosts, psychics, channeling, new age philosophy etc. Aliens for that matter avoid born again Christians like the plague. Not your run of the mill church going hypocrite, but the legitimate kind, the ones you love to hate. More evidence they are demonic in nature

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly

I read the thread title and nearly choked on my hotdog. "IS" they racist?

LOL.

Don't laugh but I started a thread on how some drawings in a temple had blue eyes. Its plainly Out-Of-Place kinda stuff which I drew positive vibes from on ATS.
Well anyway, a short while later I then took a bit of flak from the liberals for promoting 'the master race' theory from the quivering liberal's corner

Go figure...

On Topic, I've heard there's some supposed 'connection' between certain 'alien's and the folk the abduct.
One of the interesting cases of Black abduction was from this Credo Mutwa guy.
He got taken by some of the grey's into a mountain (in South Africa I think) where they did things to him...

Could be there's a connection, but I don't know if it's actually because they hate a certain race more than others, as opposed to one race is more 'useful' or 'expendable' than another?
I would say if the encounters are negative given a racial type then it could be.

So apart from the clumpish typo error on the topic this isn't as crazy a topic as you first think...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awoken4Ever
reply to post by UberL33t

It was just a general terminology I used to start the thread. Obv a UFO can't be racist. Just wording I used to get it going.

Truth is we are very color blind and only see our own color mostly. It is so programmed in us, that you truly can't see how bad it really is. People use arguments such as yourself as "well there is BET" and "things aren't like they use to be," but truth is, things are just like they use to be.

Try this little experiment real quick. Turn your TV on, and just keep clicking the channels starting from the lowest and moving up by 1 channel, and do it for how long you like, but at least for 2 minutes. You can do it for hours, or forever, it's not going to change. When you click on each channel, the first face you see, say out loud "white, black, etc.." to whatever color they are. Don't stay on any channel for more than a second longer than you have to once you have seen the face before you click the channel to the next. Watch how color blind you actually are. I promise you when you start saying it out loud and recognizing how truly racists this society is, you will see why I am asking. It will sound something like this:

"white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, black, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, Mexican, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white...."

For anyone that doubts me, just try it. It's an eye opener even if you won't admit it openly. Every movie you watch, every commercial, everything you see is white.

You don't watch the BET channel, but imagine what it must feel like to turn on the TV for an African American and see that. It would be like you turning on the TV and every single channel is BET, with the very small occasion of a white person being mixed in. Then be raised this way your whole life and see how you feel about us not being a racist society.

My questions were valid, not a "joke" or trying to go down a wrong path with it. I am just curious to see if this fits in with the rest of the way I see society as a whole.
edit on 12-12-2011 by Awoken4Ever because: (no reason given)
[ This is way off topic and has nothing to to to do with aliens? what about the history channel onUSO's the lead story was of a african amarican navy persenel, who witnesed a undersea USO, you sir or mam are the racist, and what do you expect on tv, the black to white ratio, in the states is 70 whites to 18 blacks, and that depends on where you live! ]

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SativaDub

Stupidest thread a i have EVER seen.

I dont wish divulge any more time in this waste of space thread

edit on 13/12/2011 by SativaDub because: (no reason given)

Agreed.Don't tell the op that though.He'll just insult you and say he's ignoring your posts.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by unworldly

What´s up Hillbilly?

Who the F.. cares..

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Whats up? Why can´t Black people be into UFO´s?

I hope when one day the UFO´s land, most will # their pants to see black space brothers coming out of the crafts. What do you do then?

Comments like this remind me that racism is still a BIG issue. You think a comment like that is funny. But you have just exposed your own level of ignorance!

I don´t live in the USA, when I read threads like this I know why.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awoken4Ever
I am very serious about these questions and very curious about it. Why is it that every single encounter, video, or picture of someone that I have seen in this arena, is white? Why is every single abduction person that I have seen that went on record white? Why is every single Ufologist that I have seen a picture of white? Why is every hybrid always white? Why is it when you hear of people talking about UFO's in general, they are a white person? I am also noticing that it is not just a phenomenon in Aliens and UFO's but conspiracy theories in general, but lets focus on Alien/UFO for now.

Is there famous Ufologists that are black? Do aliens only like white people for some reason? Over the years, I have known a lot of black folks, and I never once, ever, heard them talk about UFO's. In fact, the only time I can recall of even something close to someone being black and involved is Obama and Mrs. O as a shape shifter, and I am assuming that is only because they are at the top of the food chain now and in the limelight.

So it leads me to one of two conclusions...1) Aliens are in fact racists, and have no interest in black folks at all. Or 2) The whole thing is just a white mans fantasy game.

What could possibly explain this phenomenon. I would venture to guess, and it is a total stab in the dark, that majority of the UFO sites subs are 99% white folks.

Has there been any research done into this area about what I am talking about? Is there stats out there that reflect anything that I am talking about pro or con?

It just dawned on me today that I have yet to see a black person in thousands of hours looking at picture, videos, etc... where a black person was the author, abductee, or a Ufologist.

What else could be the reasoning behind this madness? Are aliens just as racists as we are?
edit on 12-12-2011 by Awoken4Ever because: (no reason given)

The answer is very simple.

They EAT all the non-whites.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DCPatriot

I am not really sure what you mean at all. Is this a racist comment, or something you seriously believe in? If you believe in it, then can you provide a little more information as to what brought you to this conclusion? I would hate for you to leave a one line comment out there like that and have it accidentally perceived as a racist comment when that is not your intention at all. A little more info would be helpful, thanks.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Seriously.. front page wow. This thread isn't doing ATS any favors.

Neither are pointless one line posts like yours. In fact, this thread contains a great deal of thought provoking content. Unfortunately, most of the posts consist of people saying "Barney Hill," thinking that settles the matter. I challenge you to go back at least a few pages and pay attention to how people deal with the unspoken cultural biases this thread is attempting to explore.

Still on the table:

1. Why are a disproportionate number of UFO reports made by whites?

2. Why are there no African-American UFOlogists?

3. Why are "good" aliens tall, fair skinned and blond and "bad" aliens short and dark?

4. What is UFOlogy? What sort of phenomena does it study? What are its methods?

5. What qualifies one to call one's self a "UFOlogist?"

6. Is the foundation of the "Ancient Astronaut" theory based on a condescending attitude towards non-white civilizations?

7. Do UFOs "mean" something different to different cultures?

None of these issues has been fully explored yet. Let me add another question that is more relevant than it might seem at first. Why are there so many crop circles in Britain, and hardly any in France? (Please don't post a picture of one of the half dozen or so French crop circles! The question is: why so few?) Another way to ask the question might be: Why are there so many Chupacabra sightings in Spanish speaking areas, and so few elsewhere?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
OP,how do we know they are even real? let alone being white?

This has got to be one of the stupidest threads ive seen,which is why i had to post on it.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Thank you for the awesome summary and then some. I have been so caught up with responses, I am missing stuff now. I totally missed this one:

3. Why are "good" aliens tall, fair skinned and blond and "bad" aliens short and dark?

And I think it is a HUGE key which I would of missed for the time being. Definitely needed a recap, and I couldn't of done it as well as you provided.

Appreciate your help and your insight so far.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BillyBoBBizWorth

I am not quite sure you actually read the whole thread correctly then if you are asking me how I even know they are real. If you want to go back through and read it more carefully about what I have said in response to this thought, then I will address it further with you if you still have questions.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

You and I seem to be in agreement about the basic nature of the UFO/alien phenomenon, but you seem to have some interesting ideas about its psychological and sociological roots.

Would you care to be a little more explicit, or perhaps link us to some other ATS thread or internet page where you have recorded your ideas? I’m genuinely curious and would like to find out more.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Yea DJ, you can spill the beans first. I am just not willing to go there yet
Getting too much out of this at the moment and it's opening up other doorways for me. You are probably already were I am going anyway, and have been for a while.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
1. Why are a disproportionate number of UFO reports made by whites?

I wonder what the actual percentages are?
I mean there are more white people living in the US and UK than Black people... so that may explain it but what are the actual stats for reports by black people? Is it disproportionate to the actual number of people living in the countries where the reports are made?

4. What is UFOlogy? What sort of phenomena does it study? What are its methods?

It is the supposed study of UFO's, UFO being any flying, hovering or stationary object in the sky that cannot be identified.

I'm not sure it has methods, all one does in studying the footage is try to identify the object and rule out what it's not.

5. What qualifies one to call one's self a "UFOlogist?"

Now that is a good question.... I would say a lot of BS and to not be easily perturbed.
Also probably a big ego and the desire to make money and seek attention.

edit on 13/12/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join