It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Made-In-China-Food?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Made-In-China-Food?

www.orwelltoday.com

It's difficult to calculate the amount of Chinese food in the USA food chain,
but a recent estimate from the Department of Agriculture said that
13 percent of the nation's diet is imported food.

MADE-IN-CHINA FOOD?
Tainted Chinese pumpkin pie filling could have ruined a lot of Thanksgiving dinners; buy American

Low prices have fueled the rise of big agriculture in China.
"When food gets that cheap, you really wonder
how much of the ingredients are authentic
and how much are some cheaper substitute."

I don't think it's rocket science to assume that a thinking, informed person would
lean-safety.blogspot.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
blog.cleveland.com
rmkkcompanion.com
edit on 11-12-2011 by Highergrounds because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Breaking Alternative News Guidelines -- Copy the Exact Headline

edit on 11/12/11 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I will not eat another item made in china!
Check your labels!!

Today my mother went to buy punkin pie in the can.She went to the local ''SAVE A LOT'' and bought a off brand not the normal Libby'S Brand.I warned her a year ago about all the lead poison cases in China.But she said had looked at the label and it said distributed Los Angeles California.But in very small print it said Product of China just above bar code.

I Want My Pumpkin Made in America!

It’s outrageous enough that I prepare my mirlitons with frozen shrimp from Thailand, I am not about to bake my traditional Thanksgiving Day pie with pumpkin from China.

Bargain pumpkin, not such a bargain in my books.

edit on 11-12-2011 by Highergrounds because: spelling

www.everythingpies.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
first we have tainted toys now tainted food? Swells that that includes raw fish caught in in China?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
food....loool..food is several months ago in the form of it beign a pill, its the oxygen enriched plants that you freaky norml people should be buzzing the net.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I dont personally know of anyone who has been poisened by food made in china i think it just more only buy local propaganda bs. Most if not all american businesses that get big try any move overseas because its cheaper its called captalism and its what america is known for.
edit on 11-12-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
You'd have to be seriously medicated just to even consider eating something from China. Wasn't long ago they were executing people for putting melamine and other chemicals in baby milk formula. If they do that to their own babies what do you reckon an American's chances are.
edit on 11-12-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread785095/pg1#pid12992983

blog.cleveland.com...

poison ,tainted ,,,what the diff?
Tainted Chinese pumpkin pie filling could have ruined a lot of Thanksgiving dinners; buy American

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

The problem I have in Canada is that the label too often reads "packaged by" so and so in Toronto, but it does not indicate the origin of the import.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

poison,tainted whts the diff?

blog.cleveland.com...

link   
I don’t know if it’s the same over there, but here in Australia even though it says Made in Australia, if you keep reading the label it says: Made in Australia from local and imported ingredients.

In my honest opinion, I don’t think food should be allowed to be imported, unless the product is better than what can be produced in one’s own country.

love and harmony
Whateva

link   
reply to post by aboutface

Thats pretty shocking, i didn't realise they had such poor food information laws in Canada. I'm from the UK where it's a little better but they still manage to find ways around the packaging laws. Good example is food from country A is imported to country B then sold on as a country B product.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Highergrounds

I would buy American if I had the chance. In the UK there's not many American food imports available which is a shame. You guys do some awesome candy

Saying that I'm sure theres a few multinational products i eat that are American !

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I don't understand why people make Pumpkin pies from a can...

It's just not that hard to go buy a Pumpkin and make it from scratch...

Thanks for the info OP....

China=poison...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This happens in every country, yes, even america and my home the Uk. Just browse google!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

Yes and we have these $1.00 shops/stores located about every corner...and I checked the labels out there and all non-usa made food but maybe 10% so 90% imported!! china or mexico

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
He re

So, while you would like to believe that evil .China is the only country, i think you should look into your own country

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Your kidding ..right? USA doing anything wrong..Well that deserves another thread.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Highergrounds

Sounds a bit grim to me, $1.00 shops sound a bit like the £1.00 shops we get over here - i wouldn't go near them even if i was starving. Luckily i can get my hands on fairly decent food and tend to stick to fresh things to cook rather than processed things out of tins or packages. I once worked in a food processing factory - I'll never eat a sausage again !

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join