It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Made-In-China-Food?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Nobody- no country, no corporation, no industry, no person can ever honestly say they haven't pushed that envelope even once.
I don't expect the N. American food industry to be perfect, but I do expect the guidelines to be stricter in processing it than the regulations that are currently in place in China. Canadians wouldn't be allowed to sell foods in a market here like they can in China.
...BUT...
North America is 100% guilty in not stringently inspecting the food coming from a country that they know is not up to par in health and safety standards.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well get ready because Forgers and Starbucks are spending millions in China producing coffee, so by 2013 Starbuck coffee and Forgers will be from China.

The only problem about this is that the coffee is going to be the worst lower quality Arabica coffee in the market because is cheaper than the better quality that comes from South America, guess what you will still be paying the same prices as you will pay for better quality Coffee, more profits at the expenses of Coffee consumers.

Food from China is not safe when is mass produced, Americas food chain of processed foods are all tainted by GMOs, unless they are specifically tagged "organic".

So be careful people and check very carefully what you eat, remember is your health and those of your children.

Is many countries around the world that will not buy US food that is GMO because of danger to health.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highergrounds
I Want My Pumpkin Made in America!

Buy a pumpkin from a local farmer.

I know that not everyone has time to do this...I never did until this year. But if you can, its well worth it. We bought two fresh pumpkins for $5 each. We made 10 large loaves of pumpkin bread and we still have 8, gallon size, freezer bags full of pumpkin in the freezer.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I became standoffish of foods imported from China a couple of years ago when our dogs started dropping dead with painful deaths due to ingredients in dog food imported from China. They said they made a substitution to lower the price, and dogs livers and kidneys were severely damaged, often fatally. I know we (U.S.) stopped importing their dog food for a while after that, but I'm not sure about it now. My dog's food is made and packaged in Seattle. The label says "Made responsibly in America". I think that's a dig at China, actuallly.

But I started looking at labels then.........Actually I don't come across that many Chinese food items. But I don't buy them if I do. Scared of them since the dog food thing.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Highergrounds

Welcome to the New World Order of Global Trade,
Welcome to the New World Order of a zero level of Heath Standards,
Welcome to the New World Order of Complete Mismanagement,
Welcome to the New World Order of total disregard for any form of Business Ethic.
Welcome to the New World Order of Lies,Deceit, and Dishonour.
Welcome to the New World Order of Rape the Planet even More.

Welcome to the new definition of Humanity on Planet Earth.

Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Well can't say American food is much better than Chinese imported.

If I had to choose between dying from McDonalds and dying of Heavy metal poisoning I'd choose the later.

Because it's heavy metal and I'm a metalhead. \m/

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I live in an area where mushrooms are grown. One man, through his company, bought up all his competitors in the area or ran them out of business. His next move was to build canneries in CHINA. A lot of the canned mushrooms sold today are a product that is grown in China.

So they are taking away our jobs and feeding us poisons.

And I guess there are still people starving in China, while they grow, process and ship food here.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Well GMOs are no better than the poison that Chinas put in their goods, the only problem is that GMOs will start killing one generation at a time, since the GMOs were introduced (now in almost everything that is processed unless specifically tagged organic) Americans are not doing any better even with all the big pharma "remedies" to keep your illnesses and diseases "control" (as long as you take your pills), and sadly we rank 49 when it comes to children mortality under 5 and has increased since GMOs came to be part of the American diet. Diseases that were only a genetically rare in children are now full blown and getting worst as generations pass on the poison in their genes.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Just to let folks know I used to work in the area of moving raw materials around.

I can tell you that most vitamins and supplements on sale import the raw materials for their products from china. Cheapest stuff on the planet.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Speaking of poison products from china, wal-mart brand items have been known to poison its customers. From toys to dog food, remember the poison wal-mart brand dog food? It's called "Ol'Roy", I highly recommend anyone with pets to stay away from "Ol'Roy", it could be made in china or america, I don't know, what I do know is a bad batch poisoned and killed a number of dogs, the story was quickly swept under the rug even after more dogs continued to die, the X number of dogs may have been as little as a dozen, but the fact that wal-mart never recalled the product made me sick. I know for a fact wal-mart didn't recall the product, because the 'Ol'Roy' was never pulled from any of my local wal-marts, nor was a recall ever recorded. What wal-mart did was wait until the bad batch was purchased away and the problem 'resolved itself', I guess wal-mart just considered those dog casualties no big deal, they would never comment on it though.

I would boycott wal-mart brand before I boycott made in china, although I am not a fan of china's shoddy work, compared to japan's or the USA's. Back in the 70's and 80's, the craftsmanship of a simple plastic clock radio was infinitely superior to the junk china is currently producing.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I just wanted to put out there to all the posters that are saying buy American food. I come from the UK and when i first moved here i was stunned at the quality of food here.Its obviously a case of quantity over quality. The bread here made me physically sick and the milk tasted like it had soap in it. Another thing that shocked me was the cheese i did not know cheese could be so artificial and crappy. It took me a while to find a brand of milk that did not taste so weird and i've ended up making my own bread for years. as for cheese i have to buy imported cheese(real cheese)and luckily i live near a real butcher not some supermarket "butcher". im just saying i don't see chinese food as being any worse for you then american.

quantity over quality.

Oh and don't get me started on the tea

edit on 12-12-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
I just wanted to put out there to all the posters that are saying buy American food. I come from the UK and when i first moved here i was stunned at the quality of food here.Its obviously a case of quantity over quality. The bread here made me physically sick and the milk tasted like it had soap in it. Another thing that shocked me was the cheese i did not know cheese could be so artificial and crappy. It took me a while to find a brand of milk that did not taste so weird and i've ended up making my own bread for years. as for cheese i have to buy imported cheese(real cheese)and luckily i live near a real butcher not some supermarket "butcher". im just saying i don't see chinese food as being any worse for you then american.

quantity over quality.

Sorry, gotta raise the BS flag on this one. I've been to the UK, the food there is disgusting. The food in the US is so superior that they are not in the same league. Making up stuff just so you can jump on the "Bash The USA" bandwagon is pretty weak my friend. So, since you hate it here so much, why don't you pack your limey ass into a bag and move back to your stupid little island?

Edit- AND, as my friend just pointed out- you guys invented English, why can't you speak it correctly? lol
edit on 12-12-2011 by DragonTattooz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonTattooz

quantity over quality.

Sorry, gotta raise the BS flag on this one. I've been to the UK, the food there is disgusting. The food in the US is so superior that they are not in the same league. Making up stuff just so you can jump on the "Bash The USA" bandwagon is pretty weak my friend. So, since you hate it here so much, why don't you pack your limey ass into a bag and move back to your stupid little island?

Edit- AND, as my friend just pointed out- you guys invented English, why can't you speak it correctly? lol

Total rubbish! European restaurants and supermarkets are absolute quality since most ingredients are from within, shipped locally between countries.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

quantity over quality.

Your just as bad as him for saying "UK food is disgusting" This is not a "my country is better than yours" contest" All countries are guilty if you ask me, you can't just label one country.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

quantity over quality.

Hey when did i say i haed the USA? Just because i think the food here is made for the masses with no concern over quality, does not mean im basking a whole country. Sounds like you have a serious chip on your shoulder. I doubt you have been out of the country dont lie.

On topic: i do always feel ill after eating ramen noodle i wonder if that counts as being poisoned by china

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Nobody ask you!so start your own thread.USA Don't need anything from any country.We could be self supportive if we had too and I would support it 110% but were in too deep with China to cut off imports from China .I grew up in a diffirent area and time that you did... where if it was from china I would NOT buy it.Now I will not eat there food.I grow a lot of my own food and raise cattle.We (USA)made China all of what there are today.I will not eat there food sent here.I was warning people the our FDA is paid to look the other way.

edit on 13-12-2011 by Highergrounds because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Nobody ask you!so start your own thread.USA Don't need anything from any country.We could be self supportive if we had too and I would support it 110% but were in too deep with China to cut off imports from China .I grew up in a diffirent area and time that you did... where if it was from china I would NOT buy it.Now I will not eat there food.I grow a lot of my own food and raise cattle.We (USA)made China all of what there are today.I will not eat there food sent here.I was warning people the our FDA is paid to look the other way.

Erm,I'm on your side bud..but you may wanna re-read what you just posted.Just saying.(hint,spelling..makes your argument that much better
)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I don't mind chinese food. It's yummy.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Why start another thread. Dont you likr reading about the food problems america has? Did you want this thread to be another china bashing thread? Sorry to disapoint you. Bet you read none if my links

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Why start another thread. Dont you likr reading about the food problems america has? Did you want this thread to be another china bashing thread? Sorry to disapoint you. Bet you read none if my links

I've already said it man...this thread isn't about america's food problems.That's why you should start your own thread..if that concerns you so much.Are you from China?That would explain why you're so determined to defend them..and deflect attention away from the op...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join