It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Made-In-China-Food?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highergrounds
reply to post by Jay-morris

Your kidding ..right? USA doing anything wrong..Well that deserves another thread.

Just making the point that they should look at their own country before they start slagging off another about foid. We all know its cool to slag off china at the moment.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
When it comes to products made in China, folks should realize by now that --

1) Their foods and products are tainted with at least one unhealthy toxin or heavy metal.

2) The quality of their products are the equivalent of what a drunken neanderthal who is without sight or limbs would quickly throw together somehow.

... oh, ok I'll be honest here and admit that the drunken neanderthal's product would be of better quality...

When you buy a product made in China, you have to buy it every few months due to mediocre quality. You actually PAY MORE for it in the long run. Not to mention, that buying China made products jeopardizes American JOBS and poses dangerous risks to your health as well..

Chinese products are TAINTED, NO-QUALITY, pieces of JUNK. Americans need to BUY AMERICAN made products. Need to commit to buying our OWN products before we find ourselves with NO manufacturing or JOBS left here in our country...
edit on 11-12-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
When it comes to products made in China, folks should realize by now that 1) foods and products are tainted with at least one unhealthy toxin or heavy metal, and 2) the quality of their products are the equivalent of what a drunken neanderthal would quickly throw together.

... oh, ok I'll be honest here and admit that the drunken neanderthal's product would be of better quality...

When you buy a product made in China, you have to buy it every few months due to mediocre quality. You actually PAY MORE for it in the long run with your hard-earned cash as well as your JOB. Not to mention your health as well..

Americans need to BUY AMERICAN!!!!

Guess you dud not click my links?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
My wife and I accidentally purchased salmon "wild caught", it says it is farm raised in Japan... It is still glowing in my freezer. We have been purchasing organic foods from local grocery stores. Right now money is a little tight, but I like eating food without oil spread on it.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Remember your ABC's

Anything But China!

Sad that you will be buying very little.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
You can read all of it here

US: FDA knew of food contamination for yearsBy Naomi Spencer
28 April 2007
For years, the federal Food and Drug Administration knew about contamination problems on California spinach farms and at a Georgia peanut butter processor that sickened at least 600 people and caused at least three deaths, according to agency documents and interviews obtained by the Washington Post.
The spate of recent outbreaks in the US underscores not only the vulnerability of the country’s human and animal food supplies at every stage of production and distribution, but also the role of government agencies, which are understaffed and rely on the agriculture companies to voluntarily police themselves. The Post reported on the documents in an article published April 23 (“FDA Was Aware of Dangers to Food,” by Elizabeth Williamson).
Food poisoning is excessively common in the US, with as many as 81 million cases each year, according to federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates, although for the most part only very serious cases are reported.
The country has experienced numerous outbreaks and recalls over the past nine months. Since August, thousands of reported illnesses have been attributed to tainted spinach, lettuce, carrot juice, tomatoes, candy, milk, green onions, ice cream, oysters and peanut butter. Other products, including potato salad, cantaloupes, and pancake mix have also been recalled.
Throughout these outbreaks, the FDA, which lacks the authority to issue mandatory recalls, has relied on the food industry to enforce its own voluntary safety standards—and what little authority the federal agency does have is not regularly exercised.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Yeah, you better stick to american food lol

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Do you enjoy talking to yourself? You must answer yourself too?I bet you have another ID here and give yourself 1 star because that's all you ever get.Your post and stars are very close numbered.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Most of the honey in china if fake.
www.wantchinatimes.com...
What does that mean to the US

Well china is cracking down on fake honey sold in there country.

Want to bet that they are selling the fake or diluted honey they can not sell in china in the US.

I have bought honey by accident at a dollar store that was from china and noticed that it did not crystallize like US honey even though it was stored on the same shelf at the same temperature.???

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Do you enjoy talking to yourself? You must answer yourself too?I bet you have another ID here and give yourself 1 star because that's all you ever get.Your post and stars are very close numbered.

Its not my fault that some posters on this thread did not realise that their country also has food problems, and feel a little bit stupid now.

What, would you rather i did not reply, so that you can carry on with your delusions lol

edit on 11-12-2011 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Yea ,well KFC Honey is no more real than CHINA,Read the package on the KFC

edit on 11-12-2011 by Highergrounds because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
So will this need to include the imported Chinese ingredients used to make take outs? Or for that matter any foreign take outs or restaurants, including domestic ones.
All food retail outlets get food which could contain any of this stuff from their suppliers who source from all across the globe.
Stoping buying anything other than American can only go so far.
edit on 11-12-2011 by piercedninja because: Spelling.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

lol why dont you ask a mod, they will tell you how many ids are on my ip address. You do know what ip address is?

It makes me sick how deluded some people are. You actually try and insult me when i bring up links that show the
problems with food in america? But you choose to ignore it, and make out that i am bad for posting the truth?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

You're detemined to make this thread about the US aren't you? That's not the issue at hand.Start your own thread if you're worried about what comes out of the US.Or better yet,don't purchase anything from the US.Point is,nowhere in the orignal post did he say the US doesn't have an issue with certain foods.So your posts are pointless.I swear most of you people twist every frickin thread into US bashing.As for the op,I'm with you.The last place I want to purchase food from is China,given their history with other products.
edit on 11-12-2011 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

You're detemined to make this thread about the US aren't you? That's not the issue at hand.Start your own thread if you're worried about what comes out of the US.Or better yet,don't purchase anything from the US.I swear most of you people twist every frickin thread into US bashing.As for the op,I'm with you.The last place I want to purchase food from is China,given their history with other products.

I posted the links in reply to an american poster. Whats wrong with that? So, you instantly say im anti american. Im not anti any country. Yes, im not fond of many governments, including my own, but dont call me anti american when i am not.

There is nothing wrong with pointing out that american food is pretty dodgy. Would you rather i lie and just lay into china when i know many countries are just as bad. Like i said before, im not anti any country, and that includes china.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

You're detemined to make this thread about the US aren't you? That's not the issue at hand.Start your own thread if you're worried about what comes out of the US.Or better yet,don't purchase anything from the US.I swear most of you people twist every frickin thread into US bashing.As for the op,I'm with you.The last place I want to purchase food from is China,given their history with other products.

I posted the links in reply to an american poster. Whats wrong with that? So, you instantly say im anti american. Im not anti any country. Yes, im not fond of many governments, including my own, but dont call me anti american when i am not.

There is nothing wrong with pointing out that american food us pretty dodgy. Would you rather i lie and just lay into china when i know many countries are just as bad. Like i said before, im not anti any country, and that includes china.

I see what you're getting at,but as I stated nowhere did he say the US doesn't have problems with it's food products.If he had said for instance 'OMG China's food is poison and America's is perfect' then I could see the point of your links.But he didn't.That's what I pointing out.And I didn't mean it come across that you are being anti american.Just sayin' that the links have nothing to do with the op.Obviously,every country has it's own issues when it comes to food supplies being tainted.Some are worse then others.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me at all. A relative told me about a study done a couple of years ago by genetic researchers, where they looked at the compounds in food imported from china and found that the "crust" on a lot of frozen foods have cardboard mixed in as "filler"

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

There is nothing wrong with pointing out that american food us pretty dodgy. Would you rather i lie and just lay into china when i know many countries are just as bad. Like i said before, im not anti any country, and that includes china.

I see what you're getting at,but as I stated nowhere did he say the US doesn't have problems with it's food products.If he had said for instance 'OMG China's food is poison and America's is perfect' then I could see the point of your links.But he didn't.That's what I pointing out.And I didn't mean it come across that you are being anti american.Just sayin' that the links have nothing to do with the op.Obviously,every country has it's own issues when it comes to food supplies being tainted.Some are worse then others.

when you have posters posting china = posion, then thats a good enough reason to post information on their food problems. Its easy to slag off china at the moment, and these kind of threads pop up all the time, and time and time again, you get people posting who just dont have a clue whats going in in there own country. Plus, i feel the need to stick up for china whenever i feel i have too.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I just spent 2 weeks looking for dog food that didn't contain any Chinese ingredients due to 70 dogs dying from a recent issue with wheat gluten from China...I was told it was impossible.
I did the impossible

I have been assured that Origen and Acana are 100% China- ingredient free.

I spend an extra 1/2 hour at the grocery store looking for the magic words "Produced in Canada" without the qualifier "with imported products" ...again, difficult but not impossible to find good, decently priced, home-grown fare. (Metro's line of Irresistables have a lot of Canadian made goods)

My only worry now is that Harper is talking about opening the door to China to import chickens.
KEEP THAT DOOR SHUT AND LOCKED TIGHT thank you very much.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

I know our own FDA paid to zip it or loose their job..it's all about $ not about whats good for us.What better way to poison us,as to blame china .

edit on 11-12-2011 by Highergrounds because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join