It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tribulations- already starting?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Yes, as far as i know, most prophecies about the end-times and Antichrist are made by people. But I think the 7 year tribulation is mentioned in the book of Daniel. I could be wrong, but I believe it is mentioned, not in the same manner as I have been speaking of it, but when you research things like this, one comes across videos, articles, etc and makes his own connections. For example:
I disagree with much of his arguments in other videos, but the points he makes here are reasonable, when one considers that the Bible was written thousands of years ago and it isn't set in stone that it is even true. I believe that all things regarding religion are open to interpretation, including the Bible.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepzilla

Sorry, had to hit the pause button about 6 seconds into it.
Really, you don't see a problem with someone calling themselves the Third Eagle, and a prophet.
Do you think the biblical prophets called themselves prophets with cute names attached?
These are the kind of people who make up these interpretations and you thrust them?
Just look at the guy's timeline labels and it jumps around back and forth between chapters.
That is not a reasonable way to interpret it.
I also think Jesus in the Gospels made it clear that what Daniel prophesied was to come about and have its fulfillment with the destruction of Jerusalem.
You should be reading some credible academics who study these things at a professorial level.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Yes, that is true. Like i said, most of what this guy says is complete and utter bull in my opinion. In this one instance, he interpreted information in a way that peeked my interest. I'm not saying that what anything he says has any merit at all. What I'm saying is that the way he explains it is easier to understand than a 400 page article by an "academic professional". No I'm not bashing people that study this. In fact, I'm planning on majoring in religion. The fact of the matter is, whether it be scholar or 12 year old, one interprets religion anyway one pleases. Doesn't make it true, doesn't make it false.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

You have a different definition of truth than I do.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

In what sense.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I think there is an underlying reality behind everything, that is inescapable.
Things happen and there are consequences that don't just go away by wishing.
You may be right to a certain extent when you are discussing future events and predicting them, that you can not determine what was the correct prediction until the events all play out. But then, all the predictions are meaningless if the purpose of having a prediction is to be prepared for the eventualities to be predicted.
What I was talking about is what you start out with as "facts" from which you base your predictions, then there is a difference that can be determined, to a certain extent, what is true, and what is garbage people made up retroactively to support a conclusion they have already arrived at.

edit on 15-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Wonderful insight my friend. I didn't really see that you were insinuating that the sources I obtained information from were flawed versus saying that you thought my own insight was flawed. I agree, we won't know anything until it happens. There is such a multitude of things that are possible to happen that there isn't a way to prepare for any of them. Even if preparing for them was possible in itself.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I was commenting on this part of your post:

. . . whether it be scholar or 12 year old, one interprets religion anyway one pleases.
This is actually more true then what I understood of it when I first looked at it.
Everyone has to interpret things themselves, though that option is not always usually explained to people who are expected to be good believers or something.
The thing is, that you don't want to accept the twelve year old's interpretation, but it would be helpful to see what grounds the scholar has for making his interpretation and seeing if it works for you, rather than the child's where he may just like the person telling him what to think.
edit on 15-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Its too true. One may not want to think that a child's view of religion, if not anything, could even possibly be true. The thing is when it comes to things like this, its allllll about how you look at it. Two things can be true and conflict, but I depends on the perspective. For example, the Doppler effect. Say I'm driving down the road and I see my friend and honk to say hello. Well, he would tell me that the sound of the horn bent as I passed him. I could say no it didn't, because I was the source of the horn and it didn't bend. Well, even if you recorded both horns (myself inside the car and my friend on the street): one will bend and one will not. Two truths. Different perspective.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

All this apocalyptic nonsense uses Revelation to support it but they are missing the entire purpose of what Revelation is, which is to have people not in a state of anxiety but to trust that God is ultimately in control.
People turn it around in order to create anxiety and fear and hopelessness for the world.
The message should be that first the world fights us, then it changes tactics and seduces us.
The last temptation is to withdraw from service to the task we are commissioned to pursue.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter
if its legit its not going to go down like you are imagining. you will be blindsided.... again if its legit.

Blindsided is right! I've written a book called Suckered by Satan which is available at Amazon - it's too long to reproduce here, but I will give you the gist of it.
1. God is after priests who keep the Covenant of the Ten Commandments and are obedient to His Voice and they will form a holy nation - read Exodus 19:5 & 6 where He says this to the children of Israel at the foot of the Mount. In Revelation 5:9 & 10, the 24 Elders laud the Son/Lamb of God for having achieved exactly this.
1a. Anyone keeping the Covenant and being obedient to God re: Biblical festivals, etc. will then be Israelites and while they will be in different parts of the world they will form God's nation of priests. Note: ALL of God's promises are made to Israel, which refers to the united Houses of Judah and Israel.
2. The Apostasy or falling away from previous beliefs in 2 Thess 2:1-3 reveals the Antichrist / Man of Sin / Son of Perdition. When Christians get a proper handle on the Bible, the changes in their traditional theology and doctrines will reveal the Jesus Christ is the Antichrist, who is worshipped as God in God's Temple.
3. The next Pope to emerge from the airtight security of the papal conclave (which means there was no way for him to get in - yet he will supernaturally appear) will be Judas Iscariot appearing as 'Jesus Christ at his second coming'.
4. The worshippers of this 'Jesus' will be incensed by anyone who refuses to bend knee to their god, which means these 'refusers' will be left standing upright and apparent to everyone and apparently flaunting their godlessness; so the 'refusers' will be hated and killed over the name of the Son of God which is Yeshua. Read this prophecy in Matthew 24:9 & 14, which also signifies the end of the age!
4a. Gospel in the original Greek does not mean 'good news'. It means 'preaching with the connotation of a reward'.
5. This is what the Tribulation will be all about - Christians killing the 'refusers' believing they offer God service. John 15:18 to 16:4.
5a. The False Prophet will cause people to make Images of the Antichrist which he has the power to give life/breath to [Revelation 13:14-18], so there will be many 'false christs' all over the place - all of the same one Antichrist.
6. This is how the followers of the Son will be worthy of his sacrifice and will take up their crosses to follow him. As Daniel said, it is to 'purge them, refine them and make them white'. Daniel 12:10
7. The Abomination of Desolation is another term for the Antichrist, because spiritually it means, 'a false god or idol who causes religious desolation' which is in effect what happens if you believe in Jesus for your salvation but he's a false christ, so you will be religiously desolated.
8. As the Son said, he didn't come to bring peace, but division and this division will be between the Jesus worshippers and the Refusers, which will extend even into families and between loved ones.
9. Those who save their physical lives by worshipping the Beast/Antichrist, will lose them anyway on the Day when God vents His Wrath on the world. The mark of the Antichrist is obviously likely then to be the cross.
10. Those who don't worship the Antichrist or receive his mark, will be martyred and resurrected to serve as Priests of God and of the Lamb. Revelation 20:4-6. Also read Revelation 7:9-17.

Satan deceives the whole world and we have been blindsided!
edit on 17/12/2011 by Maigret because: To add point 5a.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepzilla

Yes, that is true. Like i said, most of what this guy says is complete and utter bull in my opinion. In this one instance, he interpreted information in a way that peeked my interest. I'm not saying that what anything he says has any merit at all. What I'm saying is that the way he explains it is easier to understand than a 400 page article by an "academic professional". No I'm not bashing people that study this. In fact, I'm planning on majoring in religion. The fact of the matter is, whether it be scholar or 12 year old, one interprets religion anyway one pleases. Doesn't make it true, doesn't make it false.

If you're planning to study religion, you may be interested in my post on this. The first point itself will give you the basis to judge whether you want to major in theology or prophecy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join