It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tribulations- already starting?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I recently watched a video of a "revelations" prophecy, or something along the lines, that stated that tribulation, would last 7 years and would involve a multitude of things including: destruction of the holy city, the antichrist, and Armageddon. To my previous knowledge, the holy city was Jerusalem. The video said that the holy city was Rome/Vatican City, but a multitude of people on ATS have been saying that it is Constantinople/Istanbul. In another thread concerning the Illuminati conspiracies, someone brought up that a lot of"unusual" things have been occurring in Turkey, such as 7-9.0 earthquakes that have been along no major fault lines. And the December 7th sights were hosted in Turkey, or by someone of Turkish decent. The video also mentioned that tribulations would start Fall 2010 and end Fall/Winter of 2017. So, if one said that the "holy city" was in fact Istanbul, has tribulation already started?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The Holy City is Jerusalem.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepzilla

Well will see if Damascus gets nuked, that's a biblical prophecy that has yet to happen, and is supposed to before the end times.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a couple millions of muslims have just been raptured outta here...
you missed the memo?

edit on 11-12-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Well,
based on research throughout other ATS threads, apparently there is discussion between which is the "real" holy city, and that there has been ALOT of strange things happening in Turkey.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Yes, we will see, but i think that a lot of religious prophecies (whether it be Christian or Islamic) are a bit out of proportion with things that are realistic or have happened. Another interesting thing to note is that even if the 7 year's war/Tribulations has started, I believe the start was supposed to be WW3 which as far as I know, hasn't happened.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
if its legit its not going to go down like you are imagining. you will be blindsided.... again if its legit.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

edit on 11-12-2011 by Drala because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Could you please reference why you think that must occur? IMHO Once the truth is revealed totally you will see WW3 started in 1984....and its almost over. Not beginning...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

True, but you would kind of think that if something this significant was going to happen.. again, hypothetically, wouldn't there be signs or at least something to tell us that it's coming.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
*YAWN*. Its been 'starting' every month for the last 2000 years.

Every single month for a couple thousand years has been the 'end of the world' the 'tribulation' period, or some other fairy-tale nonsense from a fictional book that the gullible have fallen for.

Not to mention there has been a billion claims of 'anti-christ' since then as well. Everyone who is well-known by the masses has been labeled as the "anti-christ" some time in their lifetime.

Silly superstitious paranoid religous folks and their fairy-tale book.

UH-OH dont look behind you right now religious folks... but theres a DEMON lurking behind you!!! WATCH OUT!!

The DEMON boogie-man is on the hunt to snatch the 'souls' of the hypocrite, hateful, war-loving, prejudice, 'faithful' cult members again!!!

Dont worry, if there IS a DEMON or Satan, he ALREADY has YOUR blemished 'souls' already!!

Poor silly adults!!
edit on 11-12-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Drala

hmmm 1984? I'm not sure what politically or economic happened in that year. In fact, the only important things I remember about 1984 was that a book was written about it and that that was the year the Soviet Union boycotted the Olympics. Would you care to enlighten me on how such a seemingly arbitrary year was the start of WW3, and technically tribulations?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Well if your talking christian beliefs, the end times takes place when all the prophecy of the bible have been fulfilled.

Many believe the NWO or who ever is trying to emulate the bible to pacify the masses, Others Believe the bible is true.

SO IF either of the above scenarios are happening than whats going on in syria right now kinda matches this.

This message came to me concerning Damascus: ‘Look, Damascus will disappear! It will become a heap of ruins. The cities of Aroer will be deserted. Sheep will graze in the streets and lie down unafraid. There will be no one to chase them away. The fortified cities of Israel will also be destroyed, and the power of Damascus will end. The few left in Aram will share the fate of Israel’s departed glory,’ says the Lord Almighty.” Isaiah 17:1-3 (NLT)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

yes, there has been more than a fair share of false claims made by people about the "end of the world" including, 1994, 2000, 2012. But when you look back, the only thing harming the world and it's people are the world's people and their ideas.
Relevant->

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrNaM3nT
The Holy City is Jerusalem.

I concur in absolute. Of this you can be sure.
The holy city will be destreyed and out of heaven a new holy city will come. Be sure of this.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Honestly,
The things going down in the Middle East are probably going to be the last significant events that occur before the end. I think that when it does happen, Americans will be the last to know about it because America came after all this was written down. I mean the only relevant places in religion are east Europe and the Middle East, right? So anything happening in America is irrelevant, in a sense, and you could say that all the "Obama is the antichrist" and other stuff like that is just complete bull. But who knows.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Here is the video I watched. Honestly, this guy seems a little off, and no one really agrees with him, but what he is saying actually is interesting, if not extremely provocative. Whats everyone's opinion on him.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Well will see if Damascus gets nuked, that's a biblical prophecy that has yet to happen, and is supposed to before the end times.
That could happen literally any time now. However, it is unrelated to the coming Gog-Magog war and IIRC should be before the tribulation starts.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepzilla
reply to post by benrl

Yes, we will see, but i think that a lot of religious prophecies (whether it be Christian or Islamic) are a bit out of proportion with things that are realistic or have happened. Another interesting thing to note is that even if the 7 year's war/Tribulations has started, I believe the start was supposed to be WW3 which as far as I know, hasn't happened.
Not WWIII, that is currently ongoing. You are thinking(I believe) of the Gog-Magog war where Russia and the Middle East attacks Israel.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

He seems to be forgetting the fact that I have stated. Istanbul can not be the Holy city that comes down out of Heaven. He seems intelligent enough, just a bit misconstrued ? Only one Holy city I know of. That is Jerusalem.
The reason it's refered to as the Holy city is because we should instantly identify without question.
edit on 11-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join