It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tribulations- already starting?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
If jesus does return and to me thats a big IF, im sure they already have a new and improved cross a box of nails and a nail gun waiting for him, after all its just hisstory repeating itself..

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
There is no tribulation because religions are fake and hold no value in modern history.

Anything that happens to Jerusalem or Damascus or whatever city will have nothing to do with religious prophecy
but because of deluded people who wanted to make that prophecy real.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BULLETINYOURHEAD
If jesus does return and to me thats a big IF, im sure they already have a new and improved cross a box of nails and a nail gun waiting for him, after all its just hisstory repeating itself..

Amen.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrNaM3nT
The Holy City is Jerusalem.

Your holy city is no more holy than any other city. In any case it's more evil than any other cities if we look at the history of bloodshed and torture of it.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I concur in absolute. Of this you can be sure.
The holy city will be destreyed and out of heaven a new holy city will come. Be sure of this.
The "Holy City" is now, since Jesus, the people who believe in Jesus.
God allowed Jerusalem to be destroyed by the Romans in 70 A.D.
That was a judgment against the rulers of that city who rejected Jesus and murdered him.
The fact that it was done away with is part of the moving on from the old religious beliefs of those people and going forward into the spiritual world where Jesus reigns as King and Lord and is the new name of God.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by sheepzilla

Well if your talking christian beliefs, the end times takes place when all the prophecy of the bible have been fulfilled.

Many believe the NWO or who ever is trying to emulate the bible to pacify the masses, Others Believe the bible is true.

SO IF either of the above scenarios are happening than whats going on in syria right now kinda matches this.

This message came to me concerning Damascus: ‘Look, Damascus will disappear! It will become a heap of ruins. The cities of Aroer will be deserted. Sheep will graze in the streets and lie down unafraid. There will be no one to chase them away. The fortified cities of Israel will also be destroyed, and the power of Damascus will end. The few left in Aram will share the fate of Israel’s departed glory,’ says the Lord Almighty.” Isaiah 17:1-3 (NLT)

If youre talking about the book of Revelation that prophecy is set for current times. Some think its talking about when Caesar Nero was in power in Rome but that doesn't really fit.

It hasn't happened yet. For one thing Jesus didn't return the way he left, nor has he come down on the Mt. of Olives, nor has the millenial reign taken place, there is still war, death, famine, and disease. The entire world couldn't witness the events in the great tribulation or take part in it because the whole world couldn't know about it. News spread at the speed of a horse across land and the speed of sail boats across the worlds oceans (6 months by sea from England to the east coast of the U.S. alone). So obviously, it cant have happened.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Originally posted by randyvs

I concur in absolute. Of this you can be sure.
The holy city will be destreyed and out of heaven a new holy city will come. Be sure of this.
The "Holy City" is now, since Jesus, the people who believe in Jesus.
God allowed Jerusalem to be destroyed by the Romans in 70 A.D.
That was a judgment against the rulers of that city who rejected Jesus and murdered him.
The fact that it was done away with is part of the moving on from the old religious beliefs of those people and going forward into the spiritual world where Jesus reigns as King and Lord and is the new name of God.

Thats your opinion. In case you haven't noticed not every knee has bowed nor every tongue confessed that Jesus Christ is the Lord. We still have atheists, pagans agnostics etc. If New Jerusalem was here on earth now there would be no unsaved people and no unbelievers. Nor would we still have wars, murder, thievery, abortions, disease, famine.

Yes the old jerusalem was destroyed, but the old ways have been revived and it is the old ways that are the Abomination that Causes Desolation, hence why the jews still reject Jesus. Some do convert but not very many. The old ways have returned, if New Jerusalem was truly here they would have perished as Jesus would be here in his glorfied body.

In other words, it hasn't happened yet and your theory is wrong.
edit on 12-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BULLETINYOURHEAD

No, he already came as the savior once. His second coming if you raise a hand against him? You die and it will be the Saints that cut you down. He is not coming back alone, his army will be with him. Your statement shows that you really have no clue who he really is.

In the words of Mr. T "I pity the fool".

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You die and it will be the Saints that cut you down.

Apparently this is just something you made up.
Why are you so eager to kill huge numbers of people?
That seems really weird to me.
Have you ever told anyone about these thoughts you have?
There are probably some medications available for these voices you hear.
edit on 12-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Yeah, he can make stuff up, but you only have your opinion............

Why would a god need an army? why would it bring one?

Hearing voices is a mental health issue, anyone with such symptoms should seek help from a psychiatric health professional. However I seriously doubt that in this particular case voices are being heard. It seems to me that claiming such a thing allows some folk to think they are a form of authority on religious issues.

edit on 12-12-2011 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

You die and it will be the Saints that cut you down.

Apparently this is just something you made up.
Why are you so eager to kill huge numbers of people?
That seems really weird to me.
Have you ever told anyone about these thoughts you have?
edit on 12-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

That the best you have? I am not eager to kill anyone. I have never killed anyone in my entire life and i don't even own a handgun much less a hunting bow.

There's medications for your self delusions too.

How many times do i have to tell you to stop teaching these people lies?

You attack what you think is my character when you do not even know me and you claim to follow Jesus? I don't want to see anyone die, but it will happen nonetheless. Maybe you never bothered to read the old testament when it speaks about God's wrath and the things he did (i suggest strongly that you do). Same thing is going to happen in the great tribulation. Do you think Jesus is really going to tolerate the wicked who reject him? You better wake up, because he will not.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by angellicview

You seem to know a lot about this. When will all this happen? And are you saying this just because that's how you interpret the Bible or are you a prophet or a psychic of some kind?

Please,
I guess if reading and comprehending = knowing and we both had the same idea of what a lot is ? Truth is there are those posting in this very thread you would do far better addressing this to. Not trying to dodge the question,
just the facts as I know them.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Maybe you never bothered to read the old testament when it speaks about God's wrath and the things he did (i suggest strongly that you do). Same thing is going to happen in the great tribulation. Do you think Jesus is really going to tolerate the wicked who reject him? You better wake up, because he will not.

There is a reason why Christians have the Old Testament and the New Testament.
The old is just a historical document about what people used to believe.
The new is the correct things we need to believe, and we need to leave the old as a history of what not to believe.
Something like Revelation takes those old concepts and shows how they could be considered as fulfilled in a purely allegorical sort of way, where instead of a physical battle between opposing forces of men, we have a spiritual host from heaven to banish ignorance and falsehood, with the word of truth.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

The old is just a historical document about what people used to believe.

Absurdity! For every prophecy concerning His first coming, there are 7-8 in the OT dealing with His 2nd coming. Perhaps the reason you struggle so desperately with the NT is because you haven't even come close to grasping the OT?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

For every prophecy concerning His first coming, there are 7-8 in the OT dealing with His 2nd coming.
Unless and until that happens, there is no way to prove your point.
It is just more speculation.
And I doubt you could even articulate one example of what you just said.
Normally what you do is hear someone making that claim and because you are a good cult member, you assume it is true because your leader told you it was, without figuring any of it out yourself.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

got a point there

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Thanks for everyone intuitive input. Its not that I'm afraid of revelations happening, etc. but I do like extra minds to discuss things with. There was a time when i was super worried and frantic about the Illuminati/NWO, etc but I talked about it with some other intellectuals and came to realize the irrationality of something like that. It is relevant to the day and age but not relevant to the point of worrying about it. The way I see it, these things are going to happen so subtle that by the time the AC reveals himself, we aren't even going to realize that we've been playing his game. Not to say that ANY of this stuff is even true, but the end of any civilization is always bound to happen. Whether it be a small village or an entire world. There are ALWAYS things beyond are control. The world's end is definitely one of them.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

. . . these things are going to happen so subtle that by the time the AC reveals himself, we aren't even going to realize that we've been playing his game.
The trick is very simple, make everyone believe it is a single person whose identity is to be revealed, and as long as that does not happen, then they are blind to what is really going on which is a whole movement with no definable center to point to.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Quite true, the underlying point is that by the time that he does reveal himself we (humanity) are already going to be screwed. Either way, the AC is supposed to 1) have the support of the 10 most powerful world leaders 2) have support from the 7 most powerful religious leaders 3) create a diversion in which one of the 10 most powerful world leaders is "mortally wounded" and the AC saves him. This is meant to gather support from the remaining non-believers that he is Christ. In turn, after 3 1/2 years after he shows up (or 3 1/2 after the start of tribulations), he reveals himself as the AC. At this point, with governmental/political support, he becomes to powerful for anyone to stop him.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Of course you realize that is all fiction, right?
Nowhere does it actually say any of that in the Bible.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join