It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking: Alien contact could be risky

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
If aliens wanted to plunder earth's resources...

why would they invade?

Why not secretly invade our government, and steal our resources without us even knowing about it?

BTW, has anyone found that gold that went missing from Fort Knox and the WTC yet?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamJustanAmerican
If you believe ANYTHING that has been published or has even had his name on it since he lost his ability to speak and communicate other than that stupid computer voice,then you are with out a doubt an idiot.

He is a being used as a "puppet" by the University of Cambridge.

He lives on campus in a house provided for by the university.

EVERYTHING is provided for by the university.

All his attendants/assistants are physics majors and there is no way a person can even be left alone with him.

SO,take everything you read that reports to be from him with a possibility that it is some one elses opinion or belief.

SO freaking tired of reading or hearing.... "Stephen Hawking said".

HE CAN'T TALK!

Yes! This is precisely one of the points I am trying to make. I don't trust anything anyone says he said.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IamJustanAmerican

you are totally right man, why would anyone want to take credit for all the theories he has come up with and everything else? i mean in the scientific community, people just let "puppets" take credit for things all the time. which of course, by your saying means cambridge is the ultimate in physics, quantum theories and all that, since they obviously make up all of stephen hawking's theories for him. he may not be able to talk with his own voice and needs the synthesizer, but it's a heck of a lot better than shoving your foot in your mouth when spouting idiotic ideas of your own.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mfc1PLAZMUH
This guy started off as a very very clever person but just recentnly has turned into an idiot..
if an alien species wanted to erase the population we would already be dust..
try to scare everyone with this most preposterous lie is frankly unforgivable.. There is no proof anywhere
that supports a hostile invasion and he knows that much to his shame..
he also knows about the upcoming Ascention next year, he also knows about the governments plans to depopulate and stays silent..
This proves even really clever people can be influenced and not in a nice way..

Dear Smarty pants please think before scarmongering you may well scare people..
regards
plazmuh

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Mr.Hawkings is a very rational man. As said in the article he looks at man to imagine what they(hypothetical aliens) would behave like.

Now I understand that people here like to fantasize about these benevolent light beings from the galactic federation that are currently monitoring us and awaiting orders to execute mission "save mankind", but be realistic please, that stuff is so childish and ridiculous. There is no evidence at all for these so called friendly neighbors.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Is he saying that the film Independence Day was not just entertainment, but a warning?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Maybe they just created us to mine the Gold for them. Every 10,000 years or so they decimate us and take all the Gold...leave a few people alive to restart the process of mining the Gold.

There's a massive amount of Gold from human history missing. Nobody knows where it is.

I read ( or watched ) about that exact idea of what may have happened in the past, aliens came here, made us, made us mine the gold, and when supplies went low, make our population low but not low enough to where we can't rebuild. According to Zecharia Sitchin the human race all of a sudden was wiped two times, there is no evidence as to what happened. Its almost more than likely that this is exactly whats going on.

link   

Originally posted by deathlord
reply to post by IamJustanAmerican

you are totally right man, why would anyone want to take credit for all the theories he has come up with and everything else? i mean in the scientific community, people just let "puppets" take credit for things all the time. which of course, by your saying means cambridge is the ultimate in physics, quantum theories and all that, since they obviously make up all of stephen hawking's theories for him. he may not be able to talk with his own voice and needs the synthesizer, but it's a heck of a lot better than shoving your foot in your mouth when spouting idiotic ideas of your own.

With all due respect, I don't think the idea is idiotic. I think that the elite have been planning an "alien invasion" for a long time now and Hawking was their perfect idea of someone who could gain our trust, "tell" us whatever they wanted us to hear, SCARE us, and we'd be none the wiser. The stuff Hawking "came up with" - from what I've seen - was already known by other scientists. See video below for further foreknowledge. We KNEW they were going to do this. Now they did and I hope most people realize that it was IN THE PLAN.

Put 2 and 2 together.

link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
I think Hawking is working for the government or something.
Like his job is to scare people about upcoming invasion...
I don't know why is he so "scared" of invasion by aliens, when we don't know if aliens even "exist".
We "haven't" found aliens, have we?

Denying that there are other life forms beyond our planet is ignorant, friend. Also, our species is a violent and destructive one. We're willing to kill each other for natural resources and in the name of organized religion. What makes you think there aren't advanced species out there who are more flawed or corrupt than us?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mfc1PLAZMUH

Only on ATS does someone call Steven Hawking and idiot and get 6 stars.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
I think Hawking is working for the government or something.
Like his job is to scare people about upcoming invasion...
I don't know why is he so "scared" of invasion by aliens, when we don't know if aliens even "exist".
We "haven't" found aliens, have we?

We don't need to 'find' aliens to purport that they exist.

I hate human arrogancy:

..if we haven't found them, then they don't exist
...if the planet is not like ours, it doesn't have life
...if the planet is farther from its star than we are from ours, its too cold for life; too close to its star, than its too hot for life

When are we going to accept that Earth is not the center of the universe, physically and figuratively?

Plus, even if we have scanned our entire solar system for life, do you realize what percentage that is compared to the rest of the universe???

Aliens may not be interested in us or our planets...we need to accept that...we are not that damn special.

Once people understand the vastness of space, number of galaxies, and distance between the stars, they can finally put things in more accurate perspective, and realize their true 'place' in the universe.

edit on 11-12-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This in my opinion isn't too ground-breaking. It's mere speculation made on his part, and it's a few years old anyone.

It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that this is a certain POSSIBILITY. But don't forget that the possibilities are ENDLESS.

Also, in terms of galactic or universal time, any of this happening in the now, simply because one chair bound genius has said it is a possibility, is a longshot. The fact that Mr Hawking is basing his opinion on alien behavior from HUMAN observation has also narrowed his estimations to a very small spectrum.

It's my opinion that evolution requires a higher form of consciousness before it would even allow galactic travel anyway. We are nowhere near such technology on our own, and it's definitely a good thing since we are so incapable of simple self-governance anyhow.

In all, I thing the original post is in danger of being highly sensational for little reason, and just more fear mongering based off of conjecture. Despite it being Sir Stephen Hawking, I wouldn't expect an invasion from marauding aliens anytime soon.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by KAIARAHI

WOW! Dude check your spelling in your post before you go and start calling other people unintelligent! By the way what's an "oter lie form"? Sounds interesting, please elaborate! Oh and all these people getting on here mocking and calling Hawkins an idiot need to realize that these are just theories of his. Just like everyone here has their own theories with no proof, so does he. The thing we need to realize is he has proved things to be real that we can't even begin to imagine.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Aliens have had at least 3,500,000,000 to come here and plunder our resourses.

Turning up now when humans have already plundered our resourses would be just main stupid. There must be millions of other planets on which life has not yet achieved sentience and destroyed it. If you wanted water, for example, would you go to the small, muddy, polluted, pool being drunk dry by hundreds of animals, or the one which no animal had yet discovered and was ful of clear, clean water?

If Hawkings things otherwise then he too is stupid.

Edit: put it another way, if you wanted food, would you go to the supermarket whose shelves were virtualy stripped clean and was full of people fighting each other for the last crumbs, or would you go to the one that was choc-a-bloc full of food and had no customers at all?
edit on 11-12-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

Sorry man, but you say "things" instead of "thinks", "resourses" instead of "resources", lack any proper punctuation and grammar, and your other posts are full of errors and generally sound like a twelve-year-old's ramblings, and you have the nerve to call one of humanity's greatest minds "stupid"? When people who have won the Nobel Prize in Physics look to you for ideas, maybe then you can come at us with that attitude....

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Just because Stephen said it so must have merit? I think he's apart of the propaganda machine, get people afraid of the images from a couple decades of alien movies? It can't be said too often that a certain agenda was hinted in the 80s with Reagan, then in the 90s with George Bush, Sr , not to mention supposedly Project Blue Beam, an alien attack would unite the world, hmm I just can't get onboard with the "aliens are coming" stuff. Now what was gained by Mister Hawkins saying, "Earth could be at a risk of an invasion by aliens living in massive ships"? Nothing but fear which I'm inclined to think was the purpose.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview
The stuff Hawking "came up with" - from what I've seen - was already known by other scientists.

i won't get into anything else about your post, because i'm not into all that stuff. i keep an open mind, but back to hawking haha. do you know anything about hawking radiation? i mean the man came up with all kinds of stuff regarding black holes. he has been pushing the ideas of quantum gravity, which most scientists completely dismissed until hawking came up with his theories, though not all that is proven, but a lot more made sense. though, i will say his biggest stuff is in the black hole department, we would not know a fraction of what we do without him. which as for your idea, yes he did use some peoples starting points with their theories, but he took the ideas to a whole new level, his mathematics are light years ahead of pretty much any other scientist in the field.

put 73628 and 73628 together

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

Admitadly though I'm more concerned about vn probes than colony ships but still

What are "vn probes?" Are they the same as anal probes? LMAO

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An

He was making a statement on his observations of the universe, and it happened to be "this could be a problem for humanity". Not "Get ur gunz, the aliens are comin today!". Lighten up, this is no more a fearmongering statement than me saying that "you could be killed in a fatal car accident".

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa
reply to post by Chai_An

He was making a statement on his observations of the universe, and it happened to be "this could be a problem for humanity". Not "Get ur gunz, the aliens are comin today!". Lighten up, this is no more a fearmongering statement than me saying that "you could be killed in a fatal car accident".

You may not but there are those who would take it seriously.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Real interesting. Thanks for the post, real mind opener

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join