It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking: Alien contact could be risky

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Am I the only one that believes Hawking might not even coherently be there? Like he's just a body to put out in front of the public but is being controlled from some other place, voice and all..

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I sort of thing our self-destructive evil tendencies are what will ultimately lead to our self destruction and cap our technological/scientific progress... I tend to think if there are more advanced beings out there that have mastered space travel, are probably not like movie villains.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This thread is everything wrong with america right now.
Seriously people on here are calling STEPHEN HAWKING an idiot, , really!?
Are you a physicist? Do you have a degree in physics? Ever studied quantum entanglement or string theory?
You may disagree with the man but he's obviously not an idiot. The man is one of the greatest scientific minds to ever live. What are you? Some guy on the internet? What do you think gives you the right to call the man who Hawking Radiation is named after a moron?

This thread reeks of Anti-Intellectualism. The stupidity here is mind numbing to me.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
One thing I found out quick with Conspiracy site is that there are a ton of ego's on them. 90% dumb people who think they are smart and cant see past their own ego's to realize how dumb they really are.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timbit17
One thing I found out quick with Conspiracy site is that there are a ton of ego's on them. 90% dumb people who think they are smart and cant see past their own ego's to realize how dumb they really are.

??????????????????????????????? Really.....

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Message to SH from me:

" BOO! "

You scared yet?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Scientists work for governments! There might be 100x smarter guys in world but if you aint working for government or havent passed the "system" then you dont equal as scientist!

I mean... think about it. How could NASA, or US military let these scientists flap about invasions, talk about UFOs? i havent heard any scientist talk about, that mabye we really are reptilian slaves, or work for other higher being/s. Have you?
This would be sooo risky let highly respected scientists talk about alien invason, keeping us secret etc..

Why havent scientists mentioned anything about partnership? theres tons of stories how we give them natural resources and they give as tech... but no, scientists cant say nothing about that because they work fot them.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The topic of alien invasion has always been speculative but apparently when scientists bring it up, it becomes more concrete. I think that one thing we should definitely consider is the zoo theory. Personally, I have no doubt that intelligent alien life exists outside of earth, but what are the chances that they want anything to do with us? We could be comparable to an ant farm in relation to their civilization.

We have no other intelligent life (unless you count dolphins and various animals) with which we can compare with to see how technologically advanced or mentally advanced we are on the universal food chain. Considering our location in the Milky Way galaxy, in the midst of all the galaxy clusters in the universe, I think there's a fair chance that some planet more technologically advance would be a more visible target for hostile aliens.

As for whether or not we do have aliens already visiting us, that's a theory that should be explored with meticulous detail as to why they are here, if they are, and why there is no public establishment of their presence. And if they are not, why we are led to believe that they are here and what we could do about it.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hawkings is spreading fear for the weak willed masses to fall back into line. They promised him a new computer voice that doesnt sounds like an 80's robot :3

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Resources like minerals, metals, water (ice) etc can be found on so many uninhabited planets, moons, even on comets throughout the universe. It simply makes no sense to me to think a civilisation capable of interstellar travel would have any problems about their resources.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
No one wages war like a human, Im not concerned.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnostician
Resources like minerals, metals, water (ice) etc can be found on so many uninhabited planets, moons, even on comets throughout the universe. It simply makes no sense to me to think a civilisation capable of interstellar travel would have any problems about their resources.

Then maybe they may come looking for an entire planet to colonize and not just the planet's resources.

For example, say the Earth's atmosphere and gravity are very similar to their own planet, AND their own planet (plus other planets they may have colonized in the past) are becoming overcrowded. They could want the Earth simply because it is in range of their space-faring technology, and they need the elbow room.
edit on 12/11/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
It makes perfect sense, the aliens probably are not friendly and most likely aggressive and want our resources just like the colonists during the age of exploration

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mfc1PLAZMUH
This guy started off as a very very clever person but just recentnly has turned into an idiot..
if an alien species wanted to erase the population we would already be dust..
try to scare everyone with this most preposterous lie is frankly unforgivable.. There is no proof anywhere
that supports a hostile invasion and he knows that much to his shame..
he also knows about the upcoming Ascention next year, he also knows about the governments plans to depopulate and stays silent..
This proves even really clever people can be influenced and not in a nice way..

Dear Smarty pants please think before scarmongering you may well scare people..
regards
plazmuh

Once you've done as much math as this guy, I'm sure your mind starts to wander. Give him a break. I bet he could write one hell of a sci-fi book.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Why would Intergalactic Beings want to invade our Earth? We have millions of people starving, millions of people dying of cancer, millions upon millions murdered during wars, we have pollution and biological hazards...do I need to continue...get the picture?

If I were in space looking at humanity - I would be giving them a wide berth, unless I could possible infiltrate the horror and find an area that was not contaminated by radiation and pollution. Just because a scientist tells us something does not mean we have to believe it. Just because a person is qualified in one field of expertise does not mean they know everything.

I suspect that Hawkings like a lot of scientists has to make a living and money wins. Many scientists work for the government and play to their bidding. It is 2011 why don't we have cures for cancer? We do - the government will not make the cures available to the public because it is all about making money. If you cure people they will not spend their money on the medical industry. Look at Dr Burzinski he's healing people of cancer in humane and ethically correct ways and he makes no promises - the government in America are doing everything to shut him down - they can't stand the fact he is not about profit. Research him he is a wonderful and gifted human being.

So - this thread is about being invaded by Aliens. What are they waiting for? They would have to be advanced and have technology that could render any munitions useless. It does not make sense to me - aliens invading an embattled, poisoned, polluted planet inhabited by the sick and dying - for what? If they are coming I would hedge my bets that it will be to help us. I for one will be grateful for help and be inspired to learn from them.

As for Hawking - if he is so brilliant why hasn't he used his intelligence and skills to help clean up some of our planetary ailments? I am not afraid of any of the aliens are coming to invade scenarios - I am more afraid that humanity will never see the lies that they are being fed every day.

Much Peace...and to the Intergalactic Beings don't come until it is safe for you to do so - we have some really hateful and violent people here ...watch your back ...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

And in an extraordinary series of assertions, he said Earth might be at risk from what he imagines to be 'massive ships' which could try to colonise our planet and plunder our resources.

I think we're safe, 20% of the people use 80% of the planets resources. At that rate we stand more chance of plundering our resources than ET.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
IMO Hawkings and Kaku are dis info agents, seems like they expect aliens to act like humans, if they are slightly intellegent they would have a very different perspective on how they treat oter lie forms.
I dont think Hawkings is much above average in intellegence, in fact I think its that many are far below the intelegence scale humans are capable of, and this is due to outside influences.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

He is simply basing it on logic.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate
Hawkings is spreading fear for the weak willed masses to fall back into line. They promised him a new computer voice that doesnt sounds like an 80's robot :3

I hope you're kidding, if not, you're an idiot!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
I think Hawking is working for the government or something.
Like his job is to scare people about upcoming invasion...

I don't know why is he so "scared" of invasion by aliens, when we don't know if aliens even "exist".
We "haven't" found aliens, have we?

100% fear mongering psy-op.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join