It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you believe another 9/11 will happen?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
i have read only about half of the posts in this thread so, if this has been mentioned, i may have missed it.

my opinion is that we will likely not see another terrorist attack of anywhere near the magnitude of 9-11, or of anywhere near the organization that that hit required. if we see any srot of attack at all, which i believe is only remotely likely, it will be small in scale. it will be something like a car bomb in LA or a suitcase bomb in a subway or airplane. i believe that our security regarding airplanes is pretty solid right now, but i think we still have some work to do on other transit systems and general public protection. you can't have gaurds everywhere, so it has to be in the area of keeping the terrorists and their weapons out of the country. this will be best done by beefing up security at the borders and shipping ports, as well as air-shipping.

there is a huge stretch of the Texas/Mexico border that has no fence, no patrol and since the Rio Grande is virtually dried-up in some areas, no separation at all. Big Bend Nat'l Park is wide open. you can WALK across and not see a soul for a week. granted, this may not be the best place to put this info, but the fact is, Texas knows this, Border Patrol knows this, the Army knows this, police, Texas rangers, FBI, DEA, everybody knows this, but the budget won't allow for the increase in surveillance right now, although, to Texas' deficit, they have increased presence a little recently.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It won't happen again if Bush is re-elected.

[edit on 10/29/04 by WisdomMaster]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by fledgling666
i believe that our security regarding airplanes is pretty solid right now, but i think we still have some work to do on other transit systems and general public protection. you can't have gaurds everywhere, so it has to be in the area of keeping the terrorists and their weapons out of the country. this will be best done by beefing up security at the borders and shipping ports, as well as air-shipping.

Are you kidding? You still hear about people testing the security and getting through all the time. All you need is an inside connection to breach any type of security. Nothing is secure.

You can usually find one of these for any given day.

www.usatoday.com...

[edit on 8-10-2004 by Damned]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I certainly hope I am wrong, but this is what I think might happen
before the elections. The terrorists will have one last hoorah before
Nov. 2nd. just to rub it in for Bush and the entire US. If Kerry wins,
I believe an awful lot of these activities will cease. If bush wins,
then I think we are in store for four more years of bloodshed all
over the globe. If Bush wins, I think we can start planning for some
horrendous atrocities in this country and overseas.
Regardless of who wins, the US should be planning an exit strategy
for Iraq. I don't think they have even allowed for this. I believe the
PTB were going to waltz into that country, clean up and get out. NOT!
ZOOMER

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomMaster
It won't happen again if Bush is re-elected. In fact Bush claims that now the world is safer. How could he claim if he couldn't guarantee our safety? Only an idiot can claim that now the world is safer. So he must have some control over the organizers of these shows.

Bush said that he is the only one able to guarantee the safety of America... I am just wondering, does this sound like a mafia protection gang claiming a protection fee!

It is up to the american people to decide on this.

You can't blame bush if he gets voted in, that in his eyes would be a vote of confidence to carry on. So what ever happens it is a nation that decides or at least the bigger percentage of the populous.

dh

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
See, I always thought that when no WMD was found in Iraq, when in fact if special forces were involved, they went in, not to plant WMD, but to wipe the country clean of every physical and documentary trace, then that signalled that Bush and his dirty little coalition's time was up - that they were going to go down down down
Creepy blue blood documentors, Burkes Peerage have certainly slated Kerry as the next President, because he's the most blue blooded

www.burkes-peerage.com...

and they've always been right before
And with the running mate a Bilderberg placement from this years gathering, it should be a dead certainty

Look at Tony Blair's recent cardiac problem. Now Tony is a Bilderberg placement, controlled by Bilderberger Madelson, who got his opportunity when Labour leader predecessor John Smith died from a cardiac problem
The way both Reagan and Thatcher got dementia as soon as they had outlived their usefulness

Dead minds and men tell no tales

Bush, as the idiot son of a sub-elite family, allowed to be bridging President of the United States rather than locked in the family attic, should be allowed the dignity of a quick exit - maybe with a bullet or something

If Kerry wins, there'll be something of a huge negative ALOHA from the Dark Ones of the NWO in pretty short order
To test his Nazi mettle

That's my opinion

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZOOMER
I certainly hope I am wrong, but this is what I think might happen
before the elections. The terrorists will have one last hoorah before
Nov. 2nd. just to rub it in for Bush and the entire US. If Kerry wins,
I believe an awful lot of these activities will cease. If bush wins,
then I think we are in store for four more years of bloodshed all
over the globe. If Bush wins, I think we can start planning for some
horrendous atrocities in this country and overseas.
Regardless of who wins, the US should be planning an exit strategy
for Iraq. I don't think they have even allowed for this. I believe the
PTB were going to waltz into that country, clean up and get out. NOT!
ZOOMER

I don't think it's so much Bush being in office that makes us more prone to attacks, it's our having troops based in the middle east and our foreign policy. However if Bush is re-elected, those things will only worsen and thus terrorism will continue to rise as it has since the invasion of Iraq.

I'm not saying we should bow to them, but the terrorists have made it pretty clear why they are doing what they are doing (so be it twisted rational).

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Its the policies with israel and the way other middle east countries view this as a threat to them that causes the problems.

If the US abandoned its total support of israel and opened up a bit with the other ME countries things could improve just a thought.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I feel that another attack inthe same or greater magnitude as 911 will happen.

Our culture is far too open, even now in the days of increased security measures, for us to not suffer another attack.

It seems to me that it would be relativly easy to sicken or kill thousands of people with a chemical assault. just storm a chem plant near a population on the day when the winds are right and release the toxins and then,
you've got yourself another little bhopal style wave of toxic death sweeping thru a city.

Those of you that think this event is not likley are only going to feel more shock and pain when you see 5000 dead Americans in a city from some type of terrorist attack.

Even if we think we are safe,
our enimies are not stopping their plans...it took over 2 years for the 911 plan to hatch, whats another 3-4 years to them if they could top that feat?
heck in 4 more years, we short attention span Americans will be back in our la la land lives not paying attention when they again hit us blindside.

This is not a fear tactic, it is the reality that the terorists want to impose.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damned

Originally posted by fledgling666
i believe that our security regarding airplanes is pretty solid right now, but i think we still have some work to do on other transit systems and general public protection. you can't have gaurds everywhere, so it has to be in the area of keeping the terrorists and their weapons out of the country. this will be best done by beefing up security at the borders and shipping ports, as well as air-shipping.

Are you kidding? You still hear about people testing the security and getting through all the time. All you need is an inside connection to breach any type of security. Nothing is secure.

You can usually find one of these for any given day.

www.usatoday.com...

[edit on 8-10-2004 by Damned]

i haven't heard anything about this in a long time (aside from this one), well, realtively long, about 6 months or so, when the last i heard was 2 reporters from, i think, CBS, tried to smuggle some "dirty" material and were caught and had to spend a couple hours explaining themselves. of course, the story didn't make it to the headlines, or even to print for that matter, because it was not the outcome the reporters were looking for, as well as, it was not a negative story.

now, back to the subject at hand- why do i feel there will be no more major terrorists acts in the US? well, at least not by Osama's guys, and not for a long time.....?

here's why:

www.policyreview.org...

i didn't write it, of course, but i agree with the profile.

[edit on 11-10-2004 by fledgling666]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The reason you don't hear about the security failures is the same reason you no longer hear about beheadings very often. It's old news, and people aren't interested anymore.

"Oh, another beheading? Pass the salt, would ya? Is there any more corn?"

Of course, you're assuming OBL had something to do with the attacks. I'm not so sure that's really even been established.

[edit on 11-10-2004 by Damned]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
His recent appearance in the media just short of the US elections is this a warning that things will start happening again soon or just an attempt to get publicity for himself. If indeed as mentioned in his talk that a bigger 9/11 event will happen will it be soon or has the US learned how to avoid this type of attack on home soil? More questions than answers i think.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Yes. Do I think its because of incompetence? No.

Its war, no matter how well or badly each sides fight, both will have its successes.

As the IRA warned the English after the Brighton Bombing in 1984 missed thier target, Thatcher...."your problem is you have to be lucky every time, we only have to be lucky once"

9/11 was AQ luck.....as have other attacks been. I just wish to know how many have been foiled (if any) but we may never know, as the more that is given away about how the successes came about, the more likely it will be for terrorists to counter those factors in future attacks.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Most definately. But the question should be will be ready. Our eyes and hearts told us we were the top of the food chain, however we found the little packages can contain the largest evils. We need to assume its coming and be aware of our surroundings in order to minimize the devistation.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I beleive that the USofA will be hit again. It could happen at any time. It will be another greatly planned event. We are a little bit more prepared, but APATHY is rampant in this country. Our borders are long and unprotected.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pfcret
I beleive that the USofA will be hit again. It could happen at any time. It will be another greatly planned event. We are a little bit more prepared, but APATHY is rampant in this country. Our borders are long and unprotected.

True so true , as witnessed by the fact Rumsfeld in spite of tapes that which may be fakes must in the true intrest of security must be assumed to be real, has refused to raise the alert level thereby freeing funds to up security to stay any attack possibilities.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
In a little over ten months and one week there will be another 9/11.

Some observers get more than a little cynical about the world being divided temporally into "pre-9/11" and "post-9/11", and the Bush cowboy line that divides the world geopolitically into "with us" or "against us".

There is strategic value in diminishing terrorism to the "nuisance value" that one of the non-Bush presidential aspirants has referred to.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
In a little over ten months and one week there will be another 9/11.

Some observers get more than a little cynical about the world being divided temporally into "pre-9/11" and "post-9/11", and the Bush cowboy line that divides the world geopolitically into "with us" or "against us".

There is strategic value in diminishing terrorism to the "nuisance value" that one of the non-Bush presidential aspirants has referred to.

So complacentsy or idiosy shall be our undoing then is that what your saying.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
Im interested to know if Americans believe 911 will happen again

yes, once every year.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MontgomerySmith

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
Im interested to know if Americans believe 911 will happen again

yes, once every year.

Good one good one, You have a creative and intersting view here. I like the levity and scoff in the face of fear attitude you have....

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join