Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

do you believe another 9/11 will happen?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Why then do the freedom fighters only target the weak. Children in school and office workers from many countries i may point out, passengers on planes and trains. If this is a fight take it to the military get them to stand like men and fight their enemy face to face. Why don't they because they would die and they know it. Bin laden is a terrorist who should be put down fullstop. They say they won the fight in najaf, only because of the respect that was shown to a reilgous building. Sorry bin laden makes me mad.

Tell him come to the united nations building hand himself in and then maybe there will be peace.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
Why then do the freedom fighters only target the weak. Children in school and office workers from many countries i may point out, passengers on planes and trains. If this is a fight take it to the military get them to stand like men and fight their enemy face to face. Why don't they because they would die and they know it. Bin laden is a terrorist who should be put down fullstop.

These are real terrorists responsible for recent terrors in Russia and must be killed anywhere they are. Unfortunately US officials have meeting with them and would do so in the future.

They say they won the fight in najaf, only because of the respect that was shown to a reilgous building.

Tell him come to the united nations building hand himself in and then maybe there will be peace.

These are honorable Iraqi Resistance. They are defending their country, their tradition and their religion. They have my full support.

If you can not distinguish between the above two groups, you are blind and mad indeed.

[edit on 9-9-2004 by zcheng]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
lmao....Zcheng there was a large group of iranians there why?

to defend iraq or create disorder and help create (greater)lesser iran. lol

This is not about countries names its about religous sects.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

lmao....Zcheng there was a large group of iranians there why?

How many Iranians there, any estimate or just your dream? Why do not US took them out, if there are so many.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
qando.net...

Do a search you'll find plenty on irans invovlment at najaf.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think it will

but I think you should ask where do you think it will happen, I think somehwere in New York or on great tourist place's

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   

qando.net...

Do a search you'll find plenty on irans invovlment at najaf.

How many is large group? 10, 100, 1000, 1 million? You have not answered my question.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
1 or 10000 it is the fact that they are involved that counts in respect to the current discussion. Are you saying they where not there?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

1 or 10000 it is the fact that they are involved that counts in respect to the current discussion. Are you saying they where not there?

I am not saying there is no foreign fighters in Iraq. I am saying they represent only a small percentage of all Iraqi Resistance, like 1 %. The point I want to make is that: Most members of Iraqi Resistance are Iraqis.

While many people like you want to believe that thosing defending Iraq are all foreign fighters.

By the way, you said "large number" of iranian fighters in Iraq. I just want you provide an estimate? why can not you?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
'Iran's radical Shia kakistocracy has been funding, supplying and in Sadr's case operating the insurgency in Shia Iraq ever since Coalition forces began massing to attack Iraq in 2002. According to one estimate, there are at least 30,000 Iranian-funded insurgents in Iraq.'

curtesy of

www.nationalreview.com...

only one view but one i believe.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

'Iran's radical Shia kakistocracy has been funding, supplying and in Sadr's case operating the insurgency in Shia Iraq ever since Coalition forces began massing to attack Iraq in 2002. According to one estimate, there are at least 30,000 Iranian-funded insurgents in Iraq.'

Now tell me how many insurgents are there in Iraq in total? 5000, 10000, 20000?

www.chron.com...
WASHINGTON -- Seeking to counter the perception that the United States is losing control in Iraq, the coalition commander there said Thursday the insurgency targeting American soldiers involves only about 5,000 organized fighters who eventually will be defeated.

Where are the rest 25000 that you believe?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
And i supplied a number not just I believe this as i said its not important the number just the fact that they are there is!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

And i supplied a number not just I believe this as i said its not important the number just the fact that they are there is!!!

What you give is no better than bull#. If I say you killed 1000 people, does that ring any credibility?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
ZCHENG - straight question yes or no answer no politics please.

Do you believe that iran has actively been involved in the area of iraq?

And that they have financed the cause there. Sent soldiers (obviously not in uniform) and will continue to support a pro iranian iraq.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Do you believe that iran has actively been involved in the area of iraq?

No.

When Iran is actually actively involved, you will know what a hell US troops are in.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   
one question for you all, when does a freedom fighter become a terrorist ?

I disagree with their actions, but the Chechen rebels in the Russian school were fighting for a free homeland, i.e. to make Russia acknoledge their right to self rule, something enjoyed by similar countries with the demise iof the USSR. To the populus of Chechnia they are freedom fighters, but to the rest of the world they are terrorists.

Similar to the Afghan rebels (incluing Al Quida), who were in the main, funded and trained by the US when their fight was with the USSR and they were regarded as freedom fighters, but once the USSR threat was negated and they turned on the western world they became terrorists.

When Children or the weak and infirm become involved we all develop (rightly) this self indignant attitude of "how could they, Im glad my country never would", yet look at how many Women, Children and elderly have died in Iraq at the hand of Allied Weapons.

As i have stated before, Im no peacenik, and I realise sometimes you have to do what you have to do, but I do try and ask myself questions about events and ask what drives people to such dire measures.

Unfortunatly, I dont ever seem to come up with a reasonable answer, but then If I could I guess we'd have World peace in a week or so.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by philstix
one question for you all, when does a freedom fighter become a terrorist ?

Osama Bin Laden was a well-known freedom fighter in the West. What he is now?

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
My thinking is that bin laden if still alive is trying to enforce through terror tactics his view of what the world should be like against others (US, EU, ETC) and losing. The only way to effect change is to win the hearts and minds of others. Another attack like 9 11 will only harden views maybe as some would say its time to give peaceful means a chance. Agreed this works both ways. The old saying if you give an inch then they will take a mile comes to mind though.

The guys selling munitions must be rubbing their hands in glee at all the sh*t going on just now.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
My answer to the original question is "yes"...and in the US. Although I do believe that the administration has been utilizing scare tactics for their own purposes, I don't think this means that there is NOT a threat. Somewhere, someday, someone will pull off another 9/11 and I suspect (but hope I'm wrong) that it will be a chem/nuke/bio event. The Al Queda (or whoever is doing all this) want to make a grand show and dramatic statement. They want to prove that they are formidable enemies.
As to where, I also suspect it will be a tourist sight or a place that is not heavily guarded. I worry (obviousl) about large cities that aren't on everyone's "big list". They are more vulnerable and have large enough populations to cause great damage and harm. What could be scarier than hitting the heartland. For those of us who aren't in NYC or LA or DC, they are places "far away", but ,if this were to happen in Chicago, or Phoenix,or Dallas (for example), the fear factor would be exponentially higher.
joey

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
30 Terrorists infected with Bubonic plague could get on jet planes anywhere in the world heading for different locations.

They would not need knives guns or the like, juts a ticket and valid documents for travel. When they reached their destination, a bout of coughing, or sneezing before moving by bus or tube to the main rail station and a trip into the country, or to the next poulation centre.

By the end of day 2, these 30 would have multiplied exponentially and would continue to do so. Given 24 hours before the symptoms make themselves know you can see how easy it would be to infect most of the world within a week.

best thing of all, it wouldnt destroy any part of nature, just man.

thats how easy it is, which is why I live my life to the full every day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join