It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you believe another 9/11 will happen?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Im interested to know if Americans believe 911 will happen again and if so are we just waiting for it or are we getting on with life and not worrying about it?

Do you feel safer now than before 911 or just the same?

And finally do you feel that the added financial cost to taxpayers is good money spent or a waste. Should there be a limit to the measures taken by the US government or should it be no holes barred in defence of the country.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Good question.. I woudl have to say that I would not be in theleast bit supprised if there were annother Terrorist atttack of an equal or lesser magnitude.

Unfortunatly, I feel that we are at a greater risk of Terrorist attack becasue of Bush's policies. I think his first actions were the best, we went into to Afganistan with the support of almost the entire world. With that support I think that global terrorism would have been somehting that the world as a single entity could have untied against and though not compleatly removed ( Becasue the world will never be rid of terrorism) at least lowered the percentage of Terrorst activity in England, Russia, Jappan... everywhere.

Should it be a no holds bared situation... I think you will find that any show of power should always be tempered with wisdom. Sadly this administration has shown that it has none. I have no problem with raised taxes if that money was to be used well.. it is not.

As an American I am very dissapointed with how this entire situation has been handeled.

Wraith

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Im interested to know if Americans believe 911 will happen again and if so are we just waiting for it or are we getting on with life and not worrying about it?

Yes it will happen again....not IF, but WHEN.
Getting on with our lives...as to not do so, would be to let them when.
I wouldn't say "worry", but we are more vigilant for things that aren't quite right....

Do you feel safer now than before 911 or just the same?

We've ALWAYS been at a risk of such an attack. I do feel safer though, as there are many holes that have been plugged, ones that allowed the previous attack to occur. There are still holes, but there are less of them.

And finally do you feel that the added financial cost to taxpayers is good money spent or a waste. Should there be a limit to the measures taken by the US government or should it be no holes barred in defence of the country.

The money spent is justified, it's the government's responsibility to protect it's people. The limit though, is when it directly interfere's with the freedoms guaranteed to us (as citizens, not applying to non-citizens) by the Constitution.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
My belief is another attack will happen and my worry is that it will be bigger than the first with large scale loss of life. The second worry is the response from the US. Do you feel that current pro-active tactics are working abroad in particular?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
absolutely....the amount of new terror groups which have sprung up (and continue to spring up) due to our presence in Iraq makes another large scale attack a virtual given...

terrorists know the US public has a very short attention span...it's their ace in the hole....

nukes are inevitable....our politicians are too dumb, militaristically, to avoid rousing such an attack....

my hunch is the nukes will come later down the road, though...the next
series of attacks against the US will probally involve explosives like
the Madrid bombings....commuter trains, bridges, tunnels, etc.....

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
My belief is another attack will happen and my worry is that it will be bigger than the first with large scale loss of life. The second worry is the response from the US. Do you feel that current pro-active tactics are working abroad in particular?

Oi! good questions... The pro-Active tactics could work with the proper support, we have elected to go into other countries without that support. I think a good example would be if the IRA pulled off a major bombing in London I thin the world would generaly support England in going into Ireland to remove those responcible. Now lets imagin that say.. PM Blair started to say thap Spain was funneling explosives from Morraco to members of the IRA. There is no real proof of this other than vague historical connections between members of the Spanish parlarment and members of the governing councel of Ireland. But because there is so much outrage PM Blair convices enough of Parlerment to pull troops out of Ireland and attack Madrid even though half of Europe says that it is wrong.

So England attacks Madrid.. causing chaos in the area.

Granted, a good deal of IRA members have been caught.. do you think the average people of England would feel safer?

I know that Scotland is not England, but you are right there and have seen some of the IRA attacks if you are old enough.

How would you feel if England took this action?

Wraith

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Do you feel that current pro-active tactics are working abroad in particular?

No, in fact they are counter-productive. Taking a less pro-Isreal, and a more pro-peace stance would be productive, as would more international involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan. Unfortunately, the Commander in Chief wasn't content to gain world support, and instead chose to alienate them...and in doing so, has caused even more anti-US sentiment, and not just from our enemies, but even from long-time allies.....

Not to mention, by doing so, he set a dangerous precedent for OTHER nations claiming a pre-emptive reason to go after their neighbor....

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Ireland is a total knightmare and im trying to get my head round your thinking. Firstly I am pro US on the subject and 100% behind blairs support as to attacking spain if that is what it took to stop future attacks on the UK i would be in favour. The question on pro-active methods i'm trying to link to the waiting for something to happen part of original post. Is it better to wait and be hit or go out and try to cut off funding, ammunition, supplies in general and using your thinking would that mean Russia, NK, China as military suppliers to countries like Iran should be hit?

Sure confused me there.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Ireland is a total knightmare and im trying to get my head round your thinking. Firstly I am pro US on the subject and 100% behind blairs support as to attacking spain if that is what it took to stop future attacks on the UK i would be in favour. The question on pro-active methods i'm trying to link to the waiting for something to happen part of original post. Is it better to wait and be hit or go out and try to cut off funding, ammunition, supplies in general and using your thinking would that mean Russia, NK, China as military suppliers to countries like Iran should be hit?

Sure confused me there.

Sorry, all I am saying is that a pre-emptive strike is a very VERY sensitive position to take. I think that before any coutry goes into annother in the name of Pro-active maesures you better have a stack of evidence agreed on by crap load of countries.

Wraith

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Since a large percentage of the US population is not yet convinced that we need another enemy to play war with, I think another horrific 'terrorist' attack is imminent. At this point, the government still needs popular support for their games.

I'm not really worrying about it because there is nothing I can do prevent it. I'm enjoying it similar to the way I enjoy a good book. I only wish it were in the fiction section.

I belive Americans in general should do anything and everything to defend their land. The big question here is how much of a gap there exists between the interests of your average American (freedom, health, etc) and the interests of the government (power, money, etc) that is in place to represent them.

[edit on 7-9-2004 by Belgarath]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Belgarath
Since a large percentage of the US population is not yet convinced that we need another enemy to play war with, I think another horrific 'terrorist' attack is imminent. At this point, the government still needs popular support for their games.

I'm not really worrying about it because there is nothing I can do prevent it. I'm enjoying it similar to the way I enjoy a good book. I only wish it were in the fiction section.

I belive Americans in general should do anything and everything to defend their land. The big question here is how much of a gap there exists between the interests of your average American (freedom, health, etc) and the interests of the government (power, money, etc) that is in place to represent them.

[edit on 7-9-2004 by Belgarath]

thats true. when it comes to war, whether for the good or bad, Americans need an excuse to go to war. this gives the government no choice BUT to terrorize their own people.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I think that another 9/11 is extremely unlikely.

Reason? Because they need to do something much more masivly for it to have the effect they need.

Thats what happens when you use terror and shock tactics on people, they get desencitized by it and you'll need to exponentialy escalate every action to let it have effect.

The next big attack will make 9/11 look like a picnick.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm worried that when facts about the original 911 begin to surface, those who conspired to create it may feel the need to do something more horrific to the American people as a smoke screen. That scares me. What are they going to do this time, launch a nuke?

If there really is a NWO in action I would think to preserve assets while eliminating people something like a biological agent might be used. That way you don't destroy potentially valuable infrastructure.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
There were at least five "Training Exercises" in progress on the morning of 9/11 2001. Each and every one, and any others we may not yet know of, was under the control of our vice president Dick Cheney.

1 ) MILITARY EXERCISE NORTHERN VIGILANCE: Transferred most of the combat ready interceptors and possibly many AWACS from the north east into northen Canada and Alaska. This explains,in part, why there were only eight ( 8 ) combat interceptors in the NE on 9/11.

2 ) NON-MILITARY BIOWARFARE EXERCISE TRIPOD II: FEMA arrived in NYC on 10 Sept 2001 to set up the command post for FEMA, NEW YORK CITY AND DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE on Manhattan's PIER 29. This shows our masters are loving, they made a strong effort to minimize the required deaths. This was probably forced on them by the CFR, nice guys who must occasionally kill innocent people.

3 ) WARGAME EXERCISE, VIGILANT GUARDIAN: This exercise simulated hi-jacked planes in the northeast sector. The 9/11 commission made only mention of this single exercise and lied about its purpose. The commisssion said its purpose was to intercept Russian bombers.

4 ) WARGAME EXERCISE, VIGILANT WARRIOR: This exercise simulated hi-jacked planes in the northeast sector.

5 ) WARGAME EXERCISE NORTHERN GUARDIAN: This exercise simulated hi-jacked planes in the northeast sector.

At the time of the real hi-jacking there were as many as 22 hi-jacked aircraft on NORAD's radar screen.

Some of these drills were "Live Fly" exercises were actual aircraft, likely flown by remote control were simulating hi-jacked aircraft. Some of the drills electronically added the hi-jacked aircraft into the system. All this as the real hi-jackings began.

NORAD could not tell the difference between the seventeen bogus blips and the five actual hi-jacked aircraft blips. Cheney could.
-------------
I am sure there will be terror attacks before Nov 2, but not sure whether it will happen in Sept. or Oct.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
I think that another 9/11 is extremely unlikely.

Reason? Because they need to do something much more masivly for it to have the effect they need.

Thats what happens when you use terror and shock tactics on people, they get desencitized by it and you'll need to exponentialy escalate every action to let it have effect.

The next big attack will make 9/11 look like a picnick.

I'm afraid you may be right. But what can be done to right the ship when those in control have many believing that ramming the 'evil' iceberg is the only solution?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
My only worry is exactly as u stated an attack on a grander scale using really nasty tactics (homemade WMD) maybe.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I agree with others here that it will be very unlikely that a terrorist attack in the scale of 9/11 will happened again.

What it worries me is an attack of the kind in Russia with suicide terrorist with nothing to lose but a lot to gain when it comes on targeting children.

That type of attack will be horrible in these nation and the consequences to the American muslin community will be unprecedented their safety will be shatter.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I agree with others here that it will be very unlikely that a terrorist attack in the scale of 9/11 will happened again.

What it worries me is an attack of the kind in Russia with suicide terrorist with nothing to lose but a lot to gain when it comes on targeting children.

That type of attack will be horrible in these nation and the consequences to the American muslin community will be unprecedented their safety will be shatter.

Indeed so. If there is a muslim terrorist attack on a US school or, for that matter, anywhere in the US that causes a major (more than 10 people now) loss of life, I would expect to see mosques throughout the US being torched and some vigilante justice followed by a round-up of Moslems in the US to be placed in the FEMA camps that are all around. It will be a matter of national security and a matter of Moslem personal security that will drive their incarceration. We did that in WW2 with the Japanese-Americans. Some would argue it a mistake; sociology tells us it will happen again.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
The days of confinement camps are over unless war is declared.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   

The days of confinement camps are over unless war is declared.

They may be over but the government will do anything for the safety of the people and I mean the muslin American community.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join