It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it won't return U.S. drone

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

for anyone to assume and think that the russians and chinese do not have their own top secret high level technologies,would be severely underestimating the technical abilities of other nations,the usa is not the be all end all of advanced thinkers and designers...

Of course the United States is the top in technology, if only by a bit. It isn't because we Americans are smarter, better or richer than anyone else. No... We're just stupid enough to spend all OUR money (Note that HUGE defense budget compared to everyone else) thinking things up, testing them and then building the finished product so everyone else can come steal it for free and laugh all the way back to their own rocket scientists.

With a few exceptions to remind us the other nations aren't incapable of thinking this stuff up, the world seems pretty content to let us to the dirty work as long as we're willing to.
Why should they quadruple their military spending to work for what can be had for nothing...as Iran just showed through incredible opportunity and luck.

At least it isn't like the German Enigma machine. We at least know exactly what we lost and what they now have..so we can adjust to this new crappy reality almost immediately. Talk about digging HARD to find that hair of silver lining.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is it!

No, it isn't.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

they'll probably sell the drone to China or Russia for a cool $50,000,000

I think america would sell it to China / Russia for that ammount of money.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I'm not going into a hatred rant here about American ability, but there's a certain amount of arrogance that goes along with US foreign policy.
Did they expect the Iranians to never actually capture/shoot down one of these?
Now that they have the technology in their hands are the Iranians inept technologically?
Will more go down because of what they've found out?
Actually, did the US ask for it back? That would be the epitome of arrogance.

This is the beginning of the unraveling of the tangled web of US foreign policy. Hopefully the world will start to actually see what US policy is. Oil driven greed, without any consideration for humanity.

Remember that Iran's leadership is a direct result of the overthrowing of a US backed regime.
If they hate the US, they have good reason.
I don't absolve the Iranian government of their crimes, and I'm no apologist for their ways, but the US really needs to stop this 'holier than thou' rubbish. It's all about perspective. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. To the British in the 18th century, George Washington was a simple terrorist.
You possibly have another picture of him, but he was no better/no worse than any of the USA's list of terrorists today.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
why no scuttle charge on this dronel i mean seriously if i had a plane that was supposed to be top secret advanced tech i damn well would have made sure if it crashed it would be vaporised to cut down on evidence it was of us orgin

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
No 'scuttle charge' on the helo that went down during the OBL assissination.
I thought that was 'top secret'!
Arrogance. Never, ever learn anything from history. We're bigger, badder, and what happened to everyone else surely can't happen to us. /sarcasm

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
It's already been sold to China...

China takes it, back engineers it, makes 10000 of them and gives Iran a few.

Win Win

Great! So we can buy cheap knockoffs at walmart soon!

("beware of falling prices"and u.s. engineering jobs being outsourced)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
I'm not going into a hatred rant here about American ability, but there's a certain amount of arrogance that goes along with US foreign policy.
Did they expect the Iranians to never actually capture/shoot down one of these?
Now that they have the technology in their hands are the Iranians inept technologically?
Will more go down because of what they've found out?
Actually, did the US ask for it back? That would be the epitome of arrogance.

This is the beginning of the unraveling of the tangled web of US foreign policy. Hopefully the world will start to actually see what US policy is. Oil driven greed, without any consideration for humanity.

Still driving an internal combustion driven car?????????Like saran wrap? plastic toothbrushes?
Iphones? oil heat?Then you've got no room to "dog" your govt giving you what you want.

Originally posted by Badgered1

Remember that Iran's leadership is a direct result of the overthrowing of a US backed regime.
If they hate the US, they have good reason.
I don't absolve the Iranian government of their crimes, and I'm no apologist for their ways, but the US really needs to stop this 'holier than thou' rubbish. It's all about perspective. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. To the British in the 18th century, George Washington was a simple terrorist.
You possibly have another picture of him, but he was no better/no worse than any of the USA's list of terrorists today.

This last part I agree with: We should've never put the shah in place of Mosedagh(sp?)

edit on 11-12-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker
The US military just sent a spy plane into Iran and now they are hoping to get it back after Iran took possession of it. Great! I don't think it is news worthy that Iran is not going to return that spy plane that they recovered. Move on.

The U.S. didn't ask for it back

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Theres no way that thing was shot down,see any marks on it? i dont...how was it brought down? without scratches? without dents? without any burn marks? no large parts broken off ? that drone weighs thousands of pounds and is around 50ft across,if it was shot down,or electronically jammed,either way,it still would have had to fall out of the sky from at least a couple of hundred feet up,so whats really going on here?

Hmmmm? usa purposefully lands a drone on iranian soil then usa pumps up their media to say that the iranians did it...

Next orchestrated incident that will amp up everyones anger and rage will be something like a usa troop helicopter being shot down into...guess where?...of course...where else?...iran...

And then all the usa military will need after that is a nice little gulf of tonkin false flag type incident and...whattta ya know...public support!...and we'll suddenly have another fabricated enemy to test our new weapons on,more cannon fodder...
edit on 11-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Iran keeps speaking about a "bigger response" or "retaliation". I wonder what they have planned, or if this is just a bluff.

Well, I'm still waiting for the letters that the Iranians claim to have that were proof that the US was sponsoring terrorism. Haven't heard or seen anything about them in the news.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

The iranians are threatening the usa? hmmmm? where i grew up,the only time a little punk kid went around running his mouth off was when he had a big brother that would get him out of a jam...so...iran the little punk country starts running its mouth off,because,it knows it has a big brother russia that will get them out of a jam?

lets hope not,for if iran and russia have made a secret treaty together,like russia and germany did when they both tore into poland..."the it will hit the fan really hard" when the usa makes its big push into iran...

maybe we should just get it over with right now,not drag it out for ten years and lose thousands of american lives in the process,which will be a helluva lot more than that if russia steps in...

just get it over here and now and just nuke the whole damned country of iran in one fell swoop,then we wont have to watch thousands of them jumping up and down in the streets in crazed unison every damned day of the week burning american flags like a bunch of demented animals anymore and we wont have to find out about any future kidnapped americans being filmed while getting their heads hacked off by a bunch of sand monkeys in the name of the invisible man in the sky they call allah,which will surely happen,just like it did in iraq many times...

edit on 12-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by timi0000
Why on God's Earth hahhaahaahah would the Iranians hahaha return a drone that we were using to spy on them hahaahahah?

because it says:"drop in any mailbox postage guaranteed"on the bottom?

Perhaps that's too "old a reference for this crowd?

edit on 12-12-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Thanks for your thread, and my reply is not directed at you OP, but to those involved.

Bull, it is either the Embracement of Freedom, or it is the continuity of Tyranny.

I know what your thinking, you are dissecting all the faults in our "Freedom."

However, in your mind ,is it not the lesser of two evils?

Put pride aside before suicide.

You have revealed your total disregard for diplomacy.

Therefore, there is no longer room for dissent.

You know, the more I think about your temptations and discourse,

maybe it would be best for us to get this challenge over with.

We grow tired of your barking like a dog.

SAVVY?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Maybe the US let them grab the drone.

It would be funny if they let Iran have this drone so that they would get careless.

You see the US Navy has a drone that looks almost identical to the RQ-170 but is a fighter drone.
www.theblaze.com...

It would be a real surprise to some Iranian pilot that thought he had spotted another spy drone only to find out it was a navy fighter drone and it was hunting Iranian planes.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
It just gives the USA more reason to attack them. Iran are playing this game pretty well at the moment, but its only a matter of time before something major occurs. It is inevitable that the USA or Israel will strike Iran in the near future. I don't think there is any turning back now unfortunetly.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Gen. Hossein Salami, deputy head of the Guard,

I think Salami is full of Baloney....ba dom dum tssh

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

The iranians are threatening the usa? hmmmm? where i grew up,the only time a little punk kid went around running his mouth off was when he had a big brother that would get him out of a jam...so...iran the little punk country starts running its mouth off,because,it knows it has a big brother russia that will get them out of a jam?

Well not just Russia. There is also China and maybe now Pakistan who China said they may back in a conflict so this does not end with Russia. As for Iran, they are in a prediciment. What ever way they turn they are still going to be the bad boys on the corner. Whether they threaten the USA, stop their nuke plants, even a regime change, they are still going to be targeted. I think they may have a few more weapons than they are leading on also.

lets hope not,for if iran and russia have made a secret treaty together,like russia and germany did when they both tore into poland..."the it will hit the fan really hard" when the usa makes its big push into iran...

I think that it will really hit the fan when either the USA or Israel strike either Iran or even Syria. This is nothing like the two wars we have seen over the last decade. A conflict with either of the two countries mentioned will be pretty much WW3. This is not a game anymore.

maybe we should just get it over with right now,not drag it out for ten years and lose thousands of american lives in the process,which will be a helluva lot more than that if russia steps in...

Russia will step in anyway, now or in twenty years. They are pretty protective of Syria and I guess the same will apply to Iran. But also they may have a lot to lose concerning both countries.

just get it over here and now and just nuke the whole damned country of iran in one fell swoop,then we wont have to watch thousands of them jumping up and down in the streets in crazed unison every damned day of the week burning american flags like a bunch of demented animals anymore and we wont have to find out about any future kidnapped americans being filmed while getting their heads hacked off by a bunch of sand monkeys in the name of the invisible man in the sky they call allah,which will surely happen,just like it did in iraq many times...

Yeah just nuke them hey? Such a great plan for the rest of the world isn't it?

edit on 12-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Good for Iran. They have no reason to return it.
The US violated international law.

The good thing to come of this, shows up the extreme hypocrisy of the US.

The only 'threats' coming out of Iran are defensive ones. The US has no right or reason to be in Iran whatsoever... and as the Iranian government wants nothing to do with the US (don't blame them), then the US has no due cause to be flying stealth drones over their soil.

Think for one moment, if Iran had flown a stealth drone over the US.... the whitehouse would be screaming bloody murder and instantly start bombing the whole of Iran, possibly initiating WWIII. The difference between these two nations (US, Iran)... is that one of them wants to keep to themselves and defend their country's sovereignty. While the other wants to enforce sanctions, famine, death, disease, and war.

I think Iran has done good so far in making a point to the world's population, concerning "america's interests" over this whole event. You know what though, even though islamic faith does not celebrate christmas, i think its generous of the USA to share their offerings with foreign nations and send out a free gift.

I'm going to bet that any reverse-tech, specs, plans, vulnerabilities that come from this drone, will be shared with larger nations such as china and russia... possibly even pakistan, as a humanitarian offer.

It would be most likely this drone shares alot of the same technology with the offensive "assassination drones". Hope they find a weakness in them so that innocent lives can be saved.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333
Good let them keep it ..
we should throw in in one of our new bunker busters(massive ordnance penetrator) to go with it.
two for one cant beat that.

Is that why your man is on the moon?
Watching Nations bomb other Nations?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join