It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it won't return U.S. drone

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Since they were able to bring it down they already know its weaknesses sand in the next model they make after reverse engineering it those weaknesses will be eliminated

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Since they were able to bring it down they already know its weaknesses sand in the next model they make after reverse engineering it those weaknesses will be eliminated

My guess is, it was a computer glitch that crashed it. The secret service isn't as great as many people think, every single secret service agency in the world makes mistakes.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
why no scuttle charge on this dronel i mean seriously if i had a plane that was supposed to be top secret advanced tech i damn well would have made sure if it crashed it would be vaporised to cut down on evidence it was of us orgin

I've been trying to hold this thought back but maybe the US military wanted them to have the drone so that once the tech gets reversed they will have a reason to invade; since Iran will now have a stealth nuke deployment system.

On a side note: What's a little stealth drone when you have ufo technology?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
It's only a drone.......not a Stealth!

Anyone can build a drone if they tried hard enough.

If you look at the pics, it is a stealth drone and as everyone knows, China is going ape over trying to copy this tech.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Iran keeps speaking about a "bigger response" or "retaliation". I wonder what they have planned, or if this is just a bluff. I wonder why they would go public and say that they're not returning the drone, of course they're not returning it, it was flying in their airspace illegally and it's now the rightful property of Iran. Finders keepers losers weepers.

I hope Iran knows what they're doing because all these public threats are not helping make them look good on the world stage.

Maybe they will sell the American drone technology to the highest bidder, that would upset Washington.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

True....I'm sure China would love to get their hands on it! Then again maybe Iran will try to learn enough from it to make their own stealth drones! That could be scary....though I imagine that even with the thing sitting in front of them, the technology may just be a bit too advanced or expensive for them to replicate, though they are a smart people, so even if they don't have the tech readily available, they may improvise something similar from the design.

Whatever Iran can't figure out China and Russia will.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The secret of the real drone does not lie in it's technogy but in it's fuel. I'm thinking the American's flew a fake drone into Iran just to sidetrack the Iranians into a reverse engineering goat rope..

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by atomicn

Did the Russians return the American U-2 spy plane,or whatever was left of it,that was downed inside their country in 1960? I think the U-2's pilot,Gary Powers was traded back for a couple of Russian spies,but did the Americans ask for the U-2 to be returned?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

There is no evidence of it being a computer glitch; are there any case reports of aircraft falling out if 50000 feet and surviving intact?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10

With his "loss for words" on this seemingly very important issue,

I think he knows the drone never got there in the first place

I think the whole thing is a diversion.

Bare-Rack WHOsane SLObama is not a good liar.

He wears his truths on his shirtsleeves.

Remember that drone "virus" recently at the control center ?
Hmmmmm............

Sounds like a new multi-zillion dollar contract is needed.

Exclusive: Computer Virus Hits U.S. Drone Fleet

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

If he was a bad liar,he wouldnt be president,tell the sheeple what they want to hear and they'll think ther're getting what they want,thats why the usa could use a female president,she would be doing what all females do best,telling men what they want to hear,but its not what they're thinking...

edit on 12-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mark_Frost
I just find it suspicious that the plane did not have a self destruct mechanism or if it did it was not activated?

I would also love to know how they did get it to land & how did they decrypt the code and manipulate the software.

Would the U.S not have known that it was being hacked into before it lost control of the plane?

Its also interesting that If this was actually done by Iran that it is the second piece of classified machinery (Afghanistan mission to kill Osama Bin Laden) that has been lost in a single year....Double Fail!

Something does not add up, but you can never count out just plain bad luck!

I agree that these would probably have a self destruct that could be activated by satellite to destroy it if it lost contact. The only way it probably wouldn't is if the destruct system failed. Maybe this drone was ditched in Iran as a planned way to unnerve the Iranians and test their response systems. That's my speculation.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

I feel the same way...

I think theres no way that Iran has the remote computer controls needed,and theres no way,China Or Russia,who just happened to have teams of computer technicians hanging around inside Iran exactly as this USA drone flew by?technicians that know exactly how to replicate controlling the inner mechanisms of the drones hardware and software? has the remote computer control hardware needed to jam out the USA's signals "and" safely land it...No way...

Hmmmm? Soooo...what are we left with?...

The USA purposefully lands the drone on Iranian soil...

Then the USA pumps up and spins their media machine to say that the Iranians did it which begins the discontent for Iran amongst United States citizens...

The next orchestrated incident that will amp up everyones anger and rage towards Iran will be something like a USA troop helicopter being shot down into...guess where?...of course...where else?...Iran...

And then all the USA military needs after that is a nice little Gulf of Tonkin false flag type incident and...whattta ya know...public support!...

Then we'll suddenly have another fabricated enemy,another countries people demonized enough to test our new weapons on,more cannon fodder for the war machine slaughter...

Only this time,Russia and China might get involved against the USA...

The Iranians are threatening the USA,hmmmm? Where i grew up,the only time a little punk kid went around running his mouth off was when he had a big brother that would come to his rescue and get him out of a jam... so...Iran the little punk country starts running its mouth off,because it knows it has big brothers Russia and China to step in and get them out of a jam?

Lets hope not,for if Iran and Russia have made a secret treaty together,like Russia and Germany did when they both tore into Poland..."the it will hit the fan really hard" when the USA makes its big push into Iran...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by xuenchen

If he was a bad liar,he wouldnt be president,tell the sheeple what they want to hear and they'll think ther're getting what they want,thats why the usa could use a female president,she would be doing what all females do best,telling men what they want to hear,but its not what they're thinking...

You're probably right !

I was referring to people (fast becoming the majority) not easily led and being able to "see" through him and his deceptions.

Obamug is a good liar in the eyes of his believers !

I think the "see throughers" will be out in droves on election day next year !

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by atomicn

Did the Russians return the American U-2 spy plane,or whatever was left of it,that was downed inside their country in 1960?

It was never returned. However, it was hit by an SA-2 and then dropped from who knows how high...there wasn't much left to give back. Also...at the time the U-2 only had photograph capabilities. I doubt it's imagery sensor could be reverse engineered with what came out of the wreckage. You have to remember...the U-2 flies at a classified altitude to this day and from that high up there couldn't have been much discernable wreckage to make any sense out of any of the electronics.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
CNN is reporting from Venezuelan state TV that Ahmadinejad says Iran

can "control" the U.S. drone !!!!!!!!!

updated 5:29 AM EST, Tue December 13, 2011

(CNN) -- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Tuesday his country can "control" the U.S. drone aircraft that Iran claims it recently brought down, Venezuelan state TV reported.

"There are people here who can control this spy plane, surely we can analyze this plane too," Ahmadinejad told VTV. "The systems of Iran are as advanced as this system."

President Barack Obama said Monday that the United States has asked Iran to return the drone aircraft that Iran claims it recently brought down in Iranian territory.

"We've asked for it back. We'll see how the Iranians respond," Obama said.

Well I guess we got that "response" Mr POTUS

Ahmadinejad comments to VTV seemed to suggest that Iran did not have plans to return the aircraft.

Brilliant deduction Watson

The United States owes Iran an apology and needs to admit its crime, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said Tuesday, the Iranian Students' News Agency report.

Next we will see a ransom note !!

Report: Iran says it can control the drone

edit on Dec-13-2011 by xuenchen because:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
U.S. drone is Iran's property now

TEHRAN, Dec. 13 (Xinhua) -- Iran's Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi said on Tuesday that the downed U.S. drone is the property of the Islamic Republic, the local Fars news agency reported.

"The (downed) U.S. spy drone is the property of the Islamic Republic and our country decides what to do in this regards," the defense minister was quoted as saying.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Now its time to use the drones lojack,find out where it is and send in a precision missle strike...if theres any iranians that happen to be standing around when the drone is destroyed?...too bad...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join