It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did the Pope dress up as Santa?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I think it's because he's a paedophile or at least a paedophile apologist and just wanted an extra opportunity to have kids sat on his lap.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Nice Post. Look at the last picture in your post. Now, check out the eyes. In my ( eyes ) his look truley like the essence of evil. Freaky evil. I knew he was not going to be a ( real ) Pope. His past speaks worthy of a recall because of his Brown Shirt days.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The real St Nicholas "believed to be Santa" is buried near by me in Ireland.
Santa used to wear green and then coke started advertising a fat man wearing a red suit giving out presents.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
That man gives me the creeps..

Did you see the very bottom picture? That right there is creepy enough. Look in his eyes. I've heard it said that the eyes are the gateway to the soul, but if that bears any truth in those words than there is no soul in that man.

I don't know if it is just because he is old, or if i can feel evil rolling off of his pictures but the pictures i have seen of this man makes me think he is demon possessed.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Is it because... A) He is an imposter? B) He had too much to drink at the annual Vatican Christmas party? C) He did not recieve a gift for the Vatican's "Secret Santa"? D) Rudolf took a detour and abandoned him? E) Because Santa is an anagram for Satan? F) Because he really is a dark Sith Lord who presides over an evil empire?

Or maybe he's paying his respect to Saint Nicholas on Christmas season?
Sounds more plausible to me.
Although I still think he's the emperor of the galactic federation of spiritual fraud.
Still, I would say he's dressed like that to commemorate the St. where Santa Claus stems from.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

That's a straight up creepy photo!
"It puts the lotion on its skin...It puts the lotion in the basket!"

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SirTFiedSkeptic

I signed an agreement that all information is private.

It is the third larges TPA firm in the world.

I worked with the actual case files.

Their headquarters are in Itasca, Illinois.

The Catholic Church was the first company to sign on with this TPA firm.............do your research and you will have your answers.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I'm ready to trick children into sitting on my lap. The pope blows.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by InFriNiTee

Since nobody's said it yet, looks a lot like the Grinch who stole christmas

www.theylookalike.com...

Or bad santa:

he's plotting in his dark mind how he will steal all of the presents, christmas trees, and roast beasts this year.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

"That Holy Trinity burrito is gonna really pay off when I need to clear the room later so I can eat my unicorn horns in peace."
edit on 11-12-2011 by cuervo because: Coffee...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I'm a rebel catholic. I am fully aware of the false teachings within the church. I can only do what Christ did and lead by example.

Jesus was never in the Kashmir. No Roman person was, besides soldiers. It was impossible to get there after years of war with Seleucid. There were thousands of men killing each other within that area. As well as the Parthians and anyone else. Selucid was collapsing. People don't travel in an Apocalypse.

Vardanes I was at war with Gotarzes II, Rome was being requested to resolve hostage situations, and all the while China was sending envoys, which 40 years later would lead to the first and possibly only battle between Rome and China.

The only reason Jesus could physically exist in Judaism was because it as occupied and under Martial law. This would be impossible in the eastern parts, where Parthian hoards, like Mongols to come in the future, chopped down caravans and raided innocent people, as well as what was left of the Seleucid warring between each other. There's a reason why eastern religions never made it west. Their priests were chopped down.

There's a reason Alexander of Macedonia needed a bloody army to get to India. You think one man could have done the journey?

No. And furthermore, you don't even have proof of it.

Dreams do not really indicate much of anything beyond what your brain is processing at that moment. The fact that you have good dreams doesn't mean you are at peace. It could, also, mean you have a very good veil over the reality of the world.
edit on 11-12-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
He must be reminiscing about his old glory days, remembering "hat day" as a Hitler youth....

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I am a Christian but not a Catholic. The Pope sort of scares me.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I really don't care a lot about the Pope or Religion, but the Pope is from my home-town where he was cardinal for a long time.

I think you guys are gullible because you form an opinion based on some Youtube memes and internet pictures, like you can make an assumption that someone is a pedophile/demonic based on ONE picture which is probably even shopped by some "internetz nerds".

Although i find the Sith/Pope comparison quite funny myself i have the impression some people are that immature that they really base their opinion on what is nothing more than an internet joke.

There are plenty of pictures around where he looks "normal", regardless what someone thinks of the pope.

--

And to answer the question why he was dressed as Santa...

Saint Nicholas (Greek: Ἅγιος Νικόλαος, Hagios ["Saint", literally "Holy", Latin: Sanctus] Nicolaos ["victory of the people"]) (270 – 6 December 343),[3][4] also called Nikolaos of Myra, was a historic 4th-century saint and Greek[5] Bishop of Myra (Demre, part of modern-day Turkey) in Lycia.

Because of the many miracles attributed to his intercession, he is also known as Nikolaos the Wonderworker (Νικόλαος ὁ Θαυματουργός, Nikolaos ho Thaumaturgos). He had a reputation for secret gift-giving, such as putting coins in the shoes of those who left them out for him, and thus became the model for Santa Claus,

So..Santa is actually a Saint and based on a real historic figure...and he probably wore that hat around 5th/6th December, the date where people in Europe celebrate "St. Nicholas day".
edit on 11-12-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Why did the Pope dress up as Santa?

Since the Catholic Church created Christmas, I do not see what the problem is with this situation. Within sometime around the 4th to 5th century, the Catholic Church created the overall concept. So... Why not use it for all its intent and purposes? In order to persuade people from celebrating the Winter Solace (Pagan Holiday), they designed a more attractive means to get people involved. As the holiday started to grow, secular elements were added by corporations and businesses. If the pope wants to dress up like Santa, I have absolutely no problem with him exploiting such tool.

Christmas = Christ.
Christmas = Created by Catholic Church.

What is your problem?

Link: Sinterklaas
Link: Christmas

Are you discriminating against another person's looks?
Or, are you discriminating against the Catholic Church?

Are you being antisemitic?

What is your overall goal?

edit on 12/11/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

The caption to the last photo posted with the pope with santa hat and scary face should read the caption,

"I wonder if the other cardinals realized the picture of the photocopied bum that's circulating the vatican was mine?"

Sorry I didn't have time to thought bubble it onto the pic.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I wish to God that this thread had not been moved from Conspiracies in Religion, to "Off Topic, General Chit Chat" because I'd only just begun to build the case I was presenting and was prepared to present here in this thread.

If upon review, it may be seen for what it is, then I humbly ask the Mods that it be moved back, and this post deleted, thanks.

Rob aka NAM

P.S. I had a feeling I'd be very disappointed when I returned to this thread. Will have to re-present the case with a new frame of reference and title, but this one was pretty good.

Maybe if I just keep posting with faith someone will actually take the time to see what I've presented with an open mind, and go ah ha, NOW I UNDERSTAND, yeah, this sure is a conspiracy, and the OP illustrates that perfectly, once it's explained as the OP set out to accomplish, and did, that is if anyone takes the time to look into what I've offered with an open mind.

I wish people wouldn't be so quick to assume. sigh.

Now I have to promote it year 'round in my sig, which I'd remove if it were moved back where it belongs, and I hadn't even started the historical textual criticism of the gospels to support my thesis..! argh.

edit on 11-12-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Saint Nicholas @ Nicaea

Bishop Nicholas Loses His Cool (At The Council of Nicaea)

In AD 325 Emperor Constantine convened the Council of Nicaea, the very first ecumenical council. More than 300 bishops came from all over the Christian world to debate the nature of the Holy Trinity. It was one of the early church's most intense theological questions. Arius, from Egypt, was teaching that Jesus the Son was not equal to God the Father. Arius forcefully argued his position at length. The bishops listened respectfully.
As Arius vigorously continued, Nicholas became more and more agitated. Finally, he could no longer bear what he believed was essential being attacked. The outraged Nicholas got up, crossed the room, and slapped Arius across the face! The bishops were shocked. It was unbelievable that a bishop would lose control and be so hotheaded in such a solemn assembly. They brought Nicholas to Constantine. Constantine said even though it was illegal for anyone to strike another in his presence, in this case, the bishops themselves must determine the punishment.
The bishops stripped Nicholas of his bishop's garments, chained him, and threw him into jail. That would keep Nicholas away from the meeting. When the Council ended a final decision would be made about his future.
Nicholas was ashamed and prayed for forgiveness, though he did not waver in his belief. During the night, Jesus and Mary his Mother, appeared,* asking, "Why are you in jail?" "Because of my love for you," Nicholas replied. Jesus then gave the Book of the Gospels to Nicholas. Mary gave him an omophorion, so Nicholas would again be dressed as a bishop. Now at peace, Nicholas studied the Scriptures for the rest of the night.
When the jailer came in the morning, he found the chains loose on the floor and Nicholas dressed in bishop's robes, quietly reading the Scriptures. When Constantine was told of this, the emperor asked that Nicholas be freed. Nicholas was then fully reinstated as the Bishop of Myra.
The Council of Nicaea agreed with Nicholas' views, deciding the question against Arius. The work of the Council produced the Nicene Creed which to this day many Christians repeat weekly when they stand to say what they believe.

www.stnicholascenter.org...

I purport that Nicholas was aware of the rest of the story of Jesus' life, having survived his crucifixion (see previous posts of mine in this thread, ignoring everything else) and as such, intentionally set out to mimic what he knew of the elder Jesus who liked nothing more than to give gifts and blessings to children, dedicating himself to them and to his own family, no more miracles or signs and wonders required, his job completed back in Jerusalem. Children, and the love of children, and gift giving - how appropriate given what I've presented in this thread beyond the OP and a few inquiries to see if anyone else might have an idea about this. It's here, if you look for it, and we're only at what page 6 or 7? How intellectually lazy is everyone these days? Can't take the time to LOOK and see what someone is trying to communicate?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join