It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did the Pope dress up as Santa?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

quiet gorman
your embarassing yourself

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

He wasn't a carpenter, and yes he was trained, from a young age.

Let us not forget the propohecy of Moses from Genesis about the seed of the woman. He was that, he knew it, so did John the Baptist.

Didn't happen by expectation, but these things usually don't as God often works in mysterious ways.

I iwll not argue with you about this any more.

Thanks though for reading, but I was hoping for an inquisitive and inquiring mind and an open mind free from any contempt prior to investigation, in this case biased by religious orthodoxy, something even Jesus himself wasn't all too pleased with.

Good night.

Rob
Your Brother in Christ

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ThrowCatsAtCacti

embarrassment comes with belief. It's all part of the game.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

embarrassment comes with belief. It's all part of the game.
Isnt belief ment to come with fact as well?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Thanks though for reading, but I was hoping for an inquisitive and inquiring mind and an open mind free from any contempt prior to investigation, in this case biased by religious orthodoxy, something even Jesus himself wasn't all too pleased with.

I'm open if you can back it with scripture.

Because scripture says he wasn't trained. He was born and came into the world and had the spirit of God, this it cam to him to do the right thing, as his very essence made it so.

Think about when Jesus said his father never stopped working. Think about how God could have done all those things in 6 days, then somehow do them in a non-linear series of events in Genesis 2. The only solution to these strange things is that God is not in the same understanding of time as we are. He is, right now, creating a plant on one of the first days, as his 2000 year old self is dealing with sinful man. All at the same time.

In this understanding, all those times Jesus was there, with the prophets? How do you know that's not a Jesus after his victory over death. How do you know what man witnessed 2000 years ago was right before Jesus helped Moses, or Noah, or whoever.

I'm not saying this is true. I'm saying it's just one possibility.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

scriptural fact...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

scriptural fact...
Right so fiction not fact

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

It is opinion that it is fiction. I find no contradiction in it to science. I've already explained how.

That's the whole point of faith. You cannot prove it wrong or right. And ultimately, that which is unknown cannot be assumed to be true or false without observation first. There has been no observation of God to prove true or false.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

As I said before, SHHHH you are embarrasing yourself.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I don't think so. Not my problem my perfectly sound read of the situation doesn't fly right with our comfort zone. Suck it up. I don't care about embarrassment. I feed off it. I think you know the way outta here.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I don't think so. Not my problem my perfectly sound read of the situation doesn't fly right with our comfort zone. Suck it up. I don't care about embarrassment. I feed off it. I think you know the way outta here.
Perfectly sound? YOU BELIEVE IN FAIRY TALES!
Get a grip on reality man

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

You still haven't said how they are false.

You still haven't said much, beyond simple opinion.

That's not any different than fairy tales.

I have my grip on reality. My opinion, backed with some history and science.

Ultimately, you are just expressing what you think is real, as am I. The question to ask is, why do you believe those things, and what do they do for you.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WOW YOU ARE IGNORANT.
how they are false? there is no fact!
you clearly have no grip on reality nor history and science.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
It is because the pope has lost it but the puppeteers manipulate him.

They are doing their spin (lies) to try and make him more appealing.

Satan equals Santa. Before you scoff, letters spell out messages that we are too stupid to see.

This is the pope admitting the rc church is crap. So, sorry, spin docs, it has not worked.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Opinion noted.

Still waiting on facts to back opinion.

I won' hold my breathe.

Matter of fact, I'll go to sleep.

I expect to wake up to, at minimum, 200 words describing the facts that back your opinion. Otherwise I will be depressed that you are killing thoughtful discussion with your two line baseless claim responses.

Now go do your homework and don't fail. Class starts at ten tomorrow.
edit on 11-12-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
So the reason that the people, including first the women who went to his tomb to annoint and prep his body and then later a couple of his desciples walking along the road, did not recognize him at first and until he wanted them to, was because he was in disguise, and there's no shame in that, given what he went through three days earlier! The two men in dazzling white, they were human angels you could say, men of wealth connected to Nicodemus (probably just bought off the Roman Soldier guards who insisted that nothing happened like Shultz from Hogan's Heroes lol), who informed the women, or asked them rhetorically "why do you look for the living among the dead?!" (no doubt with big smiles). And to have seen him, alive again, as one of his beloved close friends, oh my heart sings at the prospect of what they must have felt! Poor Thomas had to see the holes in his hands, and possibly, a jab in his side, to believe that he was alive (the jab issued blood and water and may have come from a wrap or a belt he was wearing).

Again, don't forget that he fulfilled his duty and took on all the sins and sufferings of the world as a felly God-realized Bodhisatva while fullfilling all the prophecy to a t, as the authentic one, the Nazara (of the truth, authentic).

You'll note under the Santa getup, the white "fineries" of our friend Joseph Ratsinger here

What's perhaps wicked however, is the lie, not told, or the truth hidden.

What's ironic is that I may very well have here a better undestanding than the Pope himself as to why he's dressed the way he is, but I doubt that as I'm sure there's nothing new here, and a lot more still where it came from (secrets of the Roman church).

Faith?

Faith meant something different back then. It was a seed of optimism and hope in the essentiall goodness of man and creation and thus of God as a first/last cause and the alpha and omega. Faith able to move whole mountains of historical causation at a command.

I LOVE Jesus Christ or I should say I've fallen in love with him, only to discover lo and behold that he's the very best part of ME!

It's not about "faith", which people cannot even summon, but love, the same love that Jesus was himself, as the embodiment and the personification of God's love as a first principal of creation.

Jesus deserves to have slipped through the eye of the needle unto the ankh, through all those who, first believing in him, come to KNOW HIM, and thus in the process are transformed (however fast or slowly) as a "work in progress" on the path of progress towards perfection.

I've picked up my cross and follow him, but if you now follow me following him, your cross might just dissolve on your very back into the giggles of the laughter of a recovered inner child.

He brings us to tears and then to the smile which wipes the tears from the eyes, this is Jesus. He's the same one, now made even MORE compelling, more interesting, more human and more divine, and yes still magical in his own right as a full fledged Magus who knew everything, and who's power was in his obediance to the loving will of God of the highest.

None compares to Jesus Christ, Jesus the authentic Christ (there were a lot of wannabies passing through at that time, but only one Nazara or authentic one).

Most of it all still holds water, aside from some tinkering here and there and a bon fire or two of Jesus secret wisdom teachings, unless they are collecting dust at the Vatican, with the Pope himself the only human being alive who is allowed into the vault to gain access..

So how did I get in?

I too must have seen Jesus star in the sky, I too must have somehow or in some way been also liberated by Nicodemus (it's there in the collective unconsciousness). If so, when I woke up I was naked! But I think he left Jesus everything he needed, water, disguise, but no food. In one of the gospels, the first thing he did after his disguised walk with his friends, once he let them know it was him, was ask them for food. After three days, he was hungry, and it seems to me, rather happy...and who wouldn't be.

Looks like he might have slipped through their grasp once again!

I love you guys and Jesus too, very much, especially this particular Christmas for some reason I can't explain it, but every year the spirit of Christmas just really gets me going big time. I hope you don't mind my outburst of info and sharing here, but it's good therapy, and this way I won't be needing any meds to calm down, having been able to share this with you all, so thanks, it's been helpful.

Religion!

For some reason I am now reminded of that old Coke commercial "that's the real thing". Isn't that what we really want, and deserve?

\

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Believe it or not, this isn't an RCC bashing thread! It's not about that at all in the final analysis.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Really? Now people are bashing the poor Pope for enjoying wearing a hat which past Pope's have worn.

I just don't understand the hate for the man. One of the most kind hearted folks aside from the Dalai Lama and other well known religious or meditative folk and y'all gotta make it seem like he's pure evil. The man is 78 years old. He looks pretty good for being that old if you ask me and still able to get around on his own. Bless him.

Im not even Catholic, for the record. Let the kind man live his life as he was blessed to do.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I think it might be time for you to crack open the gospels again, although I realize you don't need to being Catholic, but you should. You can start with Mathew. Just keep my thesis in mind and read with the eye of a historian, and a person of reason, yet still open to the possibility of miracles and transfigurations, maybe even walking on water, healing the sick and casting out demons (healing people who've gotten a bad spirit or who are haunted basically).

What I've said doesn't take anything away from Jesus, while at the same time revealing him to be not only the greatest spiritual genius to walk to earth, but a freaking HERO of vast proportion, enough capable of enveloping the whole of creation since we, the human being already stands at its apex as the cultimation of an eternal cosmic evolutionary process made in the image of God (self consciously aware).

Jesus was perfect and did everything perfectly and it thrills me to no end to think of him triumphanty getting together with his friends, and then eventually heading back to the Kashmir area until his death at about the age of 70 (came to Saul from the realm of light about 36-38 years after his "death" at 33 years of age).

Nighty night, sweet dreams!

My dreams are wonderful now, now that I've realized this - there is no confusion, no "incongruity". I see flocks of birds and natural wonders, interactions are pleasant, no negative dream disturbances, which tells me something.

Best Regards,

NAM

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I was just kidding around, but in the interim of focusing on that, you've missed the import of the thread, which is becoming ever more clear.

So I'm sorry for the intermittent Pope bashing we're seeing coming in off the OP. Maybe they'll stick around long enough to do more than post from a knee jerk reaction, once they start to see what it's really all about.

I have nothing against him. Nice white suit!

Oh to not see it.....

people will just pass right on by, seeing and not seeing, hearing and not hearing and I don't even have to talk in parables but can state it plainly, and sitll no comprehension. Maybe nothing at all HAS changed since those days, poor Jesus, it must have been hard to be real and authentic in the midst of all the nonsense and absurdity

edit on 11-12-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit - good night. Merry Christmas! extra DIV

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join