It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced Warning of Double Major Storms For UK Next Week - In Depth Analysis (Be Prepared)

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

me too. i observed a handful of incoming, one lit up the area i was walking along. the strange thing was they had quite long tails, coming in in different directions. 21:45 last night, one above streaked across the irish sea towards ireland. that was some tail!
regards fakedirt

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
We had some light rain last night.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
It's a really nice day in Aberdeen today. Feels quite mild for this time of year.

Really wish it would snow soon though as I have a new snowboard I'm eager to test out

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Storm has been cancelled.

Go back to your knitting ,

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Just watched the BBC weather report,It seems as if we are in
for some bad weather on Friday.We get weather like this most
winters,why all this alarmist reaction but then again this is ATS
where the end of the world should have happened at least three
times this year already.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ho chi minh

We're lucky that the storm didn't follow the originally forecast track and is now heading for the channel and France instead of hitting the UK.

I work with dealing with flood warnings and this is still looking like a biggy just not for us.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

Absolutely!

Some of them had the appearance of fireworks "rocket tails" which is what I actually dismissed the first one as until I saw more and got online when I made it home!

The first time I've witnessed that many and that clear in such a short space of time!

Highly impressed!

Truth Hz

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by fakedirt
reply to post by Truth_Hz

me too. i observed a handful of incoming, one lit up the area i was walking along. the strange thing was they had quite long tails, coming in in different directions. 21:45 last night, one above streaked across the irish sea towards ireland. that was some tail!
regards fakedirt

They were probably part of the Geminids meteor shower. The highlight in the UK was supposed to be the night before last but I didn't catch any. Saw a beauty last night though at about 11pm.
earthsky.org...
edit on 15-12-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheworldburn
It's a really nice day in Aberdeen today. Feels quite mild for this time of year.

Really wish it would snow soon though as I have a new snowboard I'm eager to test out

Most of the Scottish Ski Resorts are open now. You should head up there. Check the Snow Conditions and Webcams Here

p.s. Glenshee is the best

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Take it the pass is shut then?

"I'll take the high road and ye'll take the low road....." etc

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1
reply to post by angelchemuel

Rainbows?

Anyway, this thread is dead now isn't it? Nothing special is happening. I understand that there's a place for amature weather forecasting but there is no question that this thread started off as being a warning that 2 major and abnormal storms were on their way. That's not the case. It's business as usual weather wise, and in actual fact it's mild to say the least in comparisson to the last 2 years.

I think it's time for everyone to move along.

Rainbows.

Those of us who have been checking the BBC weather know that they have been warning of this storm today for several days and they didn't know which path it would take, either through the channel or through the middle of England.
It seems that it'll now be taking the channel path to France.

While I hate all the unnecessary drama in these threads like many others, there was indeed a risk that this would pass through the middle of England, with up to 80 mph winds. While I maintain that we do have these weather events quite often, it's not often we have such uncertainty about the power and path of a storm.

So, my take on it is a lot of people over-reacted, but there was/is mildly unexpected weather on the way.

Still nothing to get all bonkers about, but credit to the OP where it's due, this thread was here and running before any news of it in the mainstream.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
So is there a chance it can change direction still and head a little more north than predicted? Or is it definitely on its way through the channel?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Looks like we were lucky as the storm has changed its path, now we've got snow to deal with instead..

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 15-12-2011 by Ozvaldo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ozvaldo

Watching that video and reading a lot of reports, people are using alot of language such as "if, it looks like, we are more sure" still sounds like they are covering their backs in case it does change at the last hour??

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If this storm doesn't happen, don't blame the OP as it was most probably going to hit UK quite badly.

Personally I believe that the storm has been moved to where it is, to save UK.

I actually went to and bought a weather station from Maplin (the one on sale) so I wanted to give it a test run but not at the expense and suffering of others.

Good job OP. (Already F& S)
Without watchmen the city would fall.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
ok so it looks like us little islanders are in for bit of a twatting tonight. has anybody else checked grib for next tuesday, looks a bit densly packed for the north

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yes, the OP has been spot on and weeks in advanced, you can't ask for anymore or be ungreatful here, spot on

This thing will cause major havoc over Tonight/Tomorrow france no doubt, had it taken a more northern path, which it still could BTW, it would cause billions in damage over the South of England, let just be thankful of that, again tho, just hours away and this thing is still not nailed guys so keep an eye on the updates

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
If this storm doesn't happen, don't blame the OP as it was most probably going to hit UK quite badly.

Personally I believe that the storm has been moved to where it is, to save UK.

WOW, that is literally insane. I hope you were kidding when you typed that.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join