It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA debunks every 2012 conspiracy under the sun...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Alib0ngo

I guess they don't count radiation from the Fukushima power plant as being a part of a conspiracy occurring in 2012 ?
Also the earthquake and tsunami, were the end of the world for how many japaneese ?
WTF?
edit on 11-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I don't understand why you are connecting a local catastrophe to a global event? What is the connection?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Ok, I assume in your mind there is no chance that this local event has any possibilities of becoming a global
catastrophy. I would not only respect but welcome your thoughts as to why you don't see it that way Stereo ?
Cause seriously, my mind is a garbled mass of confliction from reading all the different perspectives.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Where is there any evidence that there is continued damage from the tsunami?
Where is there any evidence that there is continued damage from the quake?
Where is there any evidence that the radioactive release is continuing?

Any news about more buildings collapsing?
Any news other than trash is still floating in the ocean?

I don't see anything other than a local event.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

What's really messed up about that is I have thought in those terms a few times. Hell I could of said all that.

Thanks for slamming on the brakes and causing everything that was in the back of my mind. To be thrown completely forward to the front of my mind. Thank you Ster, I have no proof for anytrhing I believe.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What is interesting to me is that debris is still coming across the Pacific. There are always little signs left over from events. Understanding that is often important to understanding events from here on Earth to space.

For example, people proposing a new planet don't realize that the presence of a new planet leaves tell tale signs.

Even the radiation that came from the reactor was detected in the US. How do people know it came from Japan. It was quite small. It was not easily detected. The issue has to do with the sorts of elements and the ratio of isotopes observed. That showed it was from Japan rather than natural or from a release from another location such as inside the US.

If people can realize that there are effects that should or should not be there, then something important is learned.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I can tell you that I did read a few articles that informed me of the fact that they could tell where radiation was coming from. I guess that's the difference between reading an article and having a mind that studys and / or works with these types of energies often.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Isotope ratios are interesting. A few years back a musketball was found on an Oregon beach. The ratio of lead isotopes was tracked back to a mine in Missouri that closed in 1804 I think. It is conjectured that the only way the musketball got to the Oregon beach was from the Lewis and Clark expedition.

I believe that each reactor has its own signature environment allowing releases to be tracked to the source. Not sure if that is exactly right. Anyone have any knowledge on this?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I found this.

An Isotope Identifying device I believe it is.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Awesome find. Isn't it amazing that such devices are now small enoough to be carrid by hand?

I guess you need to be able to separate the allowed radioactive sources from the non-allowed.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I wonder what the price tag is on one of those puppys ?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join