It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA debunks every 2012 conspiracy under the sun...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Well I did not claim that this pole reversal would cause mass extinction, this is your take. What I do say is I believe there is a certain probability it has more effects than what we are told. This is what I am saying. Maybe i went hard on saying the moving of the crust (as it can be interpreted as extinction), not to be considered as this.

No fear mongering intended, the fact I did not search on the topic "enough" does not mean it is fear mongering mister X. Just to say, by no way I intend to do fear mongering, but I think promoting the truth, even how painful it can be is what we all should strive to do though.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

Here you are wrong, NASA really is from Germany. United Stated has nothing to do with NASA they are under their control Sir.

That is one of the funniest things you've written. Thanks for the chuckle.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

It is funny you still can because actually, the magnetism of earth is really screwed up to be honest. That is my opinion of course and be it true or not it is not on the MSM or here that somebody will really attempt to post the truth (I do even if I would have anybody debunking it). There is proof of pole reversal, it is happening right now and the birds are actually a good proof of this. In my area as I said earlier, there are massive group of birds flying around and regrouping where they weren't last year.

If the birds did exactly what they did last year down to where they flocked and rested and flew then that would be really weird. What you post is normal. Birds are migrating and though their general trend is similar the details change depending on weather and food and shelter. You may not realize this but most birds migrate at night when it is safer.

You claim I and a few others are debunkers. The best debunker is you. Anyone can see that you have not posted anything other than delusions of problems. You post opinion and make it clear that it is opinion. Then you post opinion and do not mark it as such.

You might want to join a local bird club and learn about birds. It is really interesting.
cheers

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenObserver
Melencholia was great. If thats what watching it all go down is like, then it won't be THAT bad. Kind of beautiful, really.

I tried so hard to watch that movie but I just could not do it.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I'd rather take NASA's word and run from there, than the fear mongering, doom merchantry that the tin foil brigade spout out as psedu-conspiracy flailing.

If you start with a conclusion (i.e., the moon is upside down or Nibiru exists) and work backwards form there, trying to cram every bit of manipulated and misinterpreted evidence to fit your conclusion, the paranoid douchebaggery force is very strong within.

You're not denying ignorance, you're making sweet love to it, thus perpetuating it.
edit on 13-12-2011 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

You claim I and a few others are debunkers. The best debunker is you. Anyone can see that you have not posted anything other than delusions of problems. You post opinion and make it clear that it is opinion. Then you post opinion and do not mark it as such.

I am far from being a the best debunker I think. Maybe I need more proofs concerning these subjects, you are right if this is your thinking. I'll be looking further from now on such topics and will start to dig deeper. Searching the internet will become a habit of life, my soul requires it (maybe not that much), but I am bored to see the most controversial topics on this website going from one side to another without having any real conclusions. I see this happening to often on this website and from now, my content will be much more plausible and structured.

Simply saying,

Thruthseek3r

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

The internet is full of baloney. Learn to separate the junk from the good stuff.

Check out a local bird club as well. Many clubs have members that are experts on bird behavior. For instance, in the local club is someone that has been involved in bird studies for 32 years. Other people have been to all parts of the world even Antarctica. This year pine siskins have not arrived in the area. In past years we've seen glossy ibis and white fronted geese and violet crowned hummingbirds - all well outside of their normal range.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
NASA has an impeccable record when it comes to Doomsday scenarios. Doomsayers? Not so much. 2012 will come and go uneventfully, then the next Doomsday scenario, or New Ager scenario, will be predicted and will fail, just like all the rest.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

That sad part is seeing people always relating 2012 with a Doomsday scenario when it is not the main idea. Believers of fatalistic possibilities is one thing, but my take is the end of a cycle, and the beginning of a new one.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Here you are wrong, NASA really is from Germany. United Stated has nothing to do with NASA they are under their control Sir.

That is one of the funniest things you've written. Thanks for the chuckle.

I think what the man/woman was trying to point out was Project paper clip, not sure

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
However, NASA tells us that they need to spend 50 million on a war head to blow up the back side of the moons ice? seriously

Owe and do not forget that crinkled super-glued flag that everyone seen

Sorry op, i do not believe one dam thing that nasa has to say

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Except that's not true. The 2012 date comes exclusively from the Maya. The concept of cycles ending after 13 baktun comes exclusively from the Popol Vuh This was a post-Columbian manuscript that collected the Creation myths of a specific group of Maya. It has been found to have been influenced by the Christian missionaries. If one looks at the Classic period monuments it becomes clear that the Maya never intended for the Long Count to repeat.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I hope we will meet each other when the shift will happen. I will be one of the first to see how true is your soul when the time will be Xcalibur. I do not intend negative by meaning this, but when it will be, I will be able to see through any lies you can make (if there are any but I do not believe in absolute truth).

Thruthseek3r

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

So when nothing happens what will you do? Will you admit that nothing happened?

The idea that something special is going to happen at that time supposes also that humans for some vain reason are special in the universe. Humans are not the ultimate species. Human are not at the center of the universe. The universe does not treat humans in any special manner.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Some major important things are happening right now. I am not talking about cataclysmic event, but about our consciousness as a specie. It is evolving, and sooner than you think we will under stand our true meaning in this universe. No I did not say the earth was the center of the universe, but whatever, is does not matter.

The very fact that nothing major will/is happening means two things. You are not spiritually aware of what is currently going or you are lying. In both cases, it does not matter because when the time will be right, and I can assure you that Stereologist, you will come to understand how truly deep my words are.

I do not have anything to prove with this post, life is beautiful, everything has its own reason. With that being said, the fact you and I keep having this conversation has its own reason. Someone of us has something to teach to the other I believe and if you know what I am talking about then that is great, my job here is done on this part.

If it is you who has something to bring here concerning the changes our mother earth currently face right now, then say it. There is no place to hide what one knows. The era of taboos is becoming of the past.

Do you have something to say?

Thruthseek3r

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RN311
what about that thing thats floating out there by mercury? and what exactly would a really strong solar storm do here on earth?? I'm not very big on the astronmy thing but i do think that the mayans knew what they were doing with their calendar they've predicted a whole lot correctly in terms of solar eclipses and so forth, while I'm not 100% conviced 12-21-12 is the end per se I DO believe that something will happen wether big or small only time will tell I do also have personal reasons for wanting them to be wrong my sons 2nd b-day is 12-21-12 so I hope he gets to see his 3rd!!!

If you mean the "cloaked" object, that is an effect of interpolation between images. The object you see was Mercury from the day before.
edit on 15/12/11 by murkraz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

You act as if the universe revolves around man. It does not.

You have deluded yourself into thinking something is happening to as you put it some spiritual issue.

Nothing is happening. You are simply acting out what I have stated before a modern reenactment of The Emperor's New Clothes. When nothing happens you pretend something is happening. This will continue until a child will point out that the emperor is naked.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

You act as if the universe revolves around man. It does not.

I just said the opposite in the last post, I do not think the universe revolves around man. But the human body has something that many outsiders of our earth seems to be interested in. For what purpose, I can not say, but I will find sooner or later.

You have deluded yourself into thinking something is happening to as you put it some spiritual issue.
This will continue until a child will point out that the emperor is naked.

There is no spiritual issue, only spiritual involvement concerning what is happening right now to our consciousness as a specie. I do not consider myself as an emperor. By the way do you know what is the real meaning of the emperor?

Here is a picture of the Emperor, card number IV of the major arcana in the Tarot.

In a Tarot reading, the Emperor card is the personification of true will power. He has experienced the hardships of life and, ultimately, has been set free through this wisdom.

The choice of the emperor is a bad one concerning your point of view. Furthermore, nakedness is a symbol of purity. This is one of the major reason why many divinity in the Greek era of art were depicted as being nude/naked. I take it as a compliment Stereologist. You go behond my expectations with this post and maybe you did not even realized it.

Thank you,

Thruthseek3r
edit on 16-12-2011 by thruthseek3r because: (must be filled out?)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I did not call you an emperor. I referred to the story and will repeat that people that think something spiritual is happening are delusional and will continue that delusion until they listen to someone pointing out that they are deluding themselves.

You as an individual may be experiencing something spiritual. That does not mean that anyone else is. This idea of a consciousness shift or spiritual change associated with 2012 is simply a new age baloney story for sale to the gullible.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I realise this is an old topic, but nevertheless, another nail in the 2012 soothsayer coffin?

www.bbc.co.uk...

The Mayan numbering system for dates is a complex one in base-18 and base-20 numbers that, in modern-day terms, would "turn over" at the end of 2012.

But Dr Saturno points out that the new finds serve to further undermine the fallacy that this is tantamount to a prediction of the end of the world.

"The ancient Maya predicted the world would continue, that 7,000 years from now, things would be exactly like this," he said.

"We keep looking for endings. The Maya were looking for a guarantee that nothing would change. It's an entirely different mindset."

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join