It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA debunks every 2012 conspiracy under the sun...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Here you go then:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

For most places in the United States and Canada, there will be a chance to observe an unusual effect, one that celestial geometry seems to dictate can't happen. The little-used name for this effect is a "selenelion" (or "selenehelion") and occurs when both the sun and the eclipsed moon can be seen at the same time.

But wait! How is this possible? When we have a lunar eclipse, the sun, Earth and moon are in a geometrically straight line in space, with the Earth in the middle. So if the sun is above the horizon, the moon must be below the horizon and completely out of sight (or vice versa).

Read the rest of the story which explains the alleged optical illusion. I'm going to be seeing it for myself in the morning.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

You're exactly right. This is just like when NASA told us that Elenin or 2005 YU55 would not hit Earth and then we all died. Good times. Good times.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
Read the rest of the story which explains the alleged optical illusion. I'm going to be seeing it for myself in the morning.

Nothing new here, you see the same optical illusion all the time when you look at the sun, even if you don't realize it. Its refraction causing a superior mirage:

You can see a similar optical illusion any day when the sky is clear. As light from the sun enters our atmosphere, it slows down considerably. As a result, it bends toward the Earth. When the sun is low in the sky, it appears to be higher than it actually is because of this refraction. When it looks like the sun is about to drop below the horizon, it already has. The atmosphere is bending the light around the curve of the globe!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

The real problem is that a magnetic pole shift is somehow linked with the movement of crust you just said. Such a claim that a magnetic pole shift would not cause any problem, here on earth, is one opinion. It is not yet accepted by the scientific community concerning this particular topic. Some says yes others no ... who knows, somebody but who?

From my point of view, shift of the crust and all this stuff is possible. I am not saying THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN, i can not, but I think it can have dramatic consequence on our mother earth.

As you may know, birds orient themselves based on the magnetic of the planet. This is why they move from north to south and south to north during the seasons, this combined with weather (not so crazy these birds hum!).

Right now what I see, many birds which were gone at this time of the year. Cause? My take is there is something wrong with the magnetic right now. I would love to use all my instruments to truly show you how is the magnetosphere of earth right now
, but I unfortunately do not have them, NASA stole them from me ... "sarcasm".

This is only the tip of the iceberg, plenty of other evidence, but that is a whole another debate.

Let's wait and see as i say usually. Time will tell if these great scientists are as bright as they really pretend to be or if lies fall out of their head memory, a.k.a. the brain.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Well, you are right about this. The thing is the time frame when all those information are given. We all know mother earth is getting rocked right now and big time, we all see some things are going weird/wrong, and just now December the10th, NASA pop out of the blue and does an attempt to debunk all these subjects at once.

That is alright, but the real matter is to estimate NASA because it has a big reputation as having the absolute and unquestionable truth. Furthermore, it attempts to ridicule conspiracy theorists, which are hopefully there, with their loop, to dig under what others do not merely attempt to touch to.

I do not say NASA are wrong, but it has been seen in the past that hiding/repostulate certain information for personal motives, thus completely denying what they said was earlier true.

I understand your part, yes they have done good things, aeronautics and stuff, exploration, but this needs digging. Will you use spade or scope ? Great question indeed.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
I wouldn't believe "Never A Straight Answer" NASA even if they were to swear on a stack of Bibles and their Mother's grave. People all over the world are seeing, and taking photographs of the second Sun, even my daughter in Northern Indiana sent me photos, clearly showing a heavenly body near the Rising Sun. And I think we all remember the blackouts caused by Solar Flare activity? Who are they trying to kid here?

So lens flare is considered a "second sun"? Ok....
People all over the world have access to photoshop...
I really hope you are posting this in sarcasm.

If you think NASA has enough money to "Cover up" and edit out images shown to the public from the thousands of telescopes on earth(Not including star gazers that dont have millions to burn on a telescope), you need to stop smoking what ever it is you are smoking and come back to earth.

This whole "Planet" coming to kill us in 2012 is nonsense and people who fuel this nonsense are gonna need to get some salt to go with the foot they eat when nothing happens. I can't believe most these people who are "Smarter" then the powers that be or what have you can't use their own brain for a minute and really look at the facts...

Some of them are as bad as the people who think this world is only 6,000 years old.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

A geomagnetic pole shift is in no way related to true polar wander. We actually have evidence of the magnetic poles flipping. I believe the last time occurred was 780,000 years ago. True polar wander (as a physical pole shift is actually known) has never been found to have occurred. In fact the hypothesis that one could actually occur predates the theory of plate tectonics, which has shown that it would actually be impossible for TPW to occur.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It amuses me that some people cling to one shaky interpretation of an ancient calendar, that is disputed be many, while they are unwilling to consider the scientifically sound beliefs of NASA. Seriously, an amateur astronomer would have seen this horned great destroyer by now, and it would have been all over the net, and the news. Someone show me an angle of approach for a massive object inbound on the solar system, which places it passing through the 5 innermost planets by 2012, yet keeps it invisible. I don't believe this exists. Although I do suppose it may have an ancient Mormon cloaking device hahaha, or maybe tom cruise is rendering it invisible with his thaetan powers? I think its all a convenient plotline for a psy-op, that is more believable in my mind than a massive object hiding from everyone. And please don't link me to some second sun picture that is caused by atmospheric phenomena, or lense artifact, ok? Definitely strange things afoot, but no evidence of a celestial body being responsible, at least an unknown one. Sun will be around the peak of its solar maximum around 2012, and perhaps the mayans could have calculated that... But when I wake up with a massive hangover on December 22nd, I'll look over at my loaded at-15 and be grateful I won't be needing it to send the hordes of unprepared packing in another direction, or repelling looters at the edge of town... Oh, and it won't be loaded for that night as something special, it's loaded with special home defense ammo at all times, and always by the bedside.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sun tzu

It amazes me that people don't learn from history and realize that government institutions don't have the people's interest in mind. I agree that conspiracy theorists can get into "kooky" land and be rather misguided, but it's because they realize that the dogma of today's historians, archaeologists, and scientists will be disrupted as time goes on (rightfully so) and history will tell a story of certain amazing truths being covered up. When we know now that NASA was operating alongside a secret space agency way back when - what was its name? can't recall, why wouldn't we assume that's not still going on? Even Project Blue Book was a 'secret' for a while.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

That is untrue, Lake Titicaca is a good example, many vestiges of the ancient civilizations I call the Atlanteans are exactly what it is all about. Now you can argue whether it did exist or that there is no substantial proofs but they lay right over there.

Plenty of evidence but not yet accepted in the general scientific community. It is like the famous mystery of the missing link (the real key to our true genetic 0and existence as a specie folks), there was a cavern man with a very small brain, then Homo Erectus (bigger brain and then man of Neanderthal (even bigger brain), and here is the famous missing link
and the famous "modern man" with a smaller brain than its previous predecessor ?

It is the exact same thing, information are well hidden, I understand your objectivity but I feel that sincerely here on ATS you just try debunk the most controversial subjects without even looking at the other side of the coin. I see clearly what is going on right now.

I get how its being played down here sometimes, but to be honest, without players there are not any games right?

Truth on these will come out one day, fear is at its edge of the end, and you know it.

Thruthseek3r
edit on 10-12-2011 by thruthseek3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Neanderthals weren't actually our ancestor. Us and them are subspecies of Homo sapiens. We are Homo sapiens sapiens and they are Homo sapiens neanderthalensis. It is for this reason that we were able to successfully crossbreed with them.
edit on 12/10/2011 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyTruth

The problem with the Mayan idea is that we really don't know what year they began the calendar at. We can speculate amongst the scholars but when did the calendar actually get created? We still have no idea what happened to the Maya culture.

I hope 2012 is a bloodbath revolution where everything about contemporary consumerism is rejected and burned. If I burn to death, I really don't care...As long as the next generation knows better.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Melancholia was pretty but boring and not realistic. It was bland in the end.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

NASA would never tell us the truth? Laughable. They tell us the truth all of the time in terms of predictions for celestial events and discoveries. They predicted the passing of YU55 and the path of comet Elenin to a T. They predict eclipses of the moon and sun and occultations of stars by asteroids with amazing precision.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I wouldn't believe "Never A Straight Answer" NASA even if they were to swear on a stack of Bibles and their Mother's grave. People all over the world are seeing, and taking photographs of the second Sun, even my daughter in Northern Indiana sent me photos, clearly showing a heavenly body near the Rising Sun.

The ability of people to NOT understand atmospheric effects amazes me. These so-called second sun photos are nothing more than a collection of photos showing the range from internal reflections, reflections of double paned windows, and sun dogs. None of the images show a new object in the solar system.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

You think that there is something to Nibiru other than a piece of fiction written by a hoaxer named Sitchin?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

The difference between the magnetic field today and a decade ago is so small that it is hard to detect without good instrumentation. I can still orient well in the woods using maps with magnetic to true north differences printed from the 1950s. Not going to affect migration of animals.

Studies of paleomagnetism do not show any indication whatsoever that magnetic reversals are associated with any extinctions.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RightWingAvenger

Actually we do know the dates that the Long Count began. I say dates because what most people don't seem to get is there a multiple copies of the Long Count. Most of them have a mythical creation date of August 11, 3114 BC. However, at the same time you also have Long Counts like the one at Coba that start long before the August 11 date. All of this is moot however as the Long Count does not end on 13.0.0.0.0. In fact it never ends. It was merely a count of days from the creation date. Nothing more. Nothing less. It was used in much the same way we use the year part of our own dating system. The month and day may be cyclical, but the year is linear.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

That totally Debunks every religious prophecy, by stating they dont know!! I see it now....

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I can never understand why people still believe that the Mayans could have predicted these things.
Yes the Mayans knew things, they knew lots of things, but the concept of being about to predict something for so long ago, so godsdamn precisely with only very basic tools (compared to our own) just makes no sense.

And now we're only a year off, and there is still no actual proof of this planet hurtling towards us at a great rate of knots, but still no-one since the Mayans can see it?

Also on the subject, I've only the most basic of grasps of this field but surely even if there were a rogue planet heading in this direction, what are the odds of it passing through our solar system, missing everything else around and hitting us? Come on people, it's just not gonna happen and come this time next year the sky's will still be clear and people will have to think of a new reason to fear the end of the world!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join