It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A demon in the fan blades...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

LOL sheep!

Thanks for giving me a laugh.

Maybe that demon is stuck - I don't know, I was just surmising.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
reply to post by xFloggingMaryx

I would say that your friend had done the ouija board and summoned a demon. Because he was not surprised.

If I were you, I would stay away from that place.

That's one thing that makes me wary about taking a picture the next time I'm there. If it is anything malicious, the last thing I want is to associate myself with it by getting an image of it on my camera. But of course, I started this thread with every intention of taking a picture, so... next time I'm there, I'm going to.

Personally, I hope it's something silly... like a prank with an LED or a laser. Even though I'll totally feel gullible after-the-fact... I'd rather it be a joke than something real.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by xFloggingMaryx

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

I would say that your friend had done the ouija board and summoned a demon. Because he was not surprised.

If I were you, I would stay away from that place.

That's one thing that makes me wary about taking a picture the next time I'm there. If it is anything malicious, the last thing I want is to associate myself with it by getting an image of it on my camera. But of course, I started this thread with every intention of taking a picture, so... next time I'm there, I'm going to.

Personally, I hope it's something silly... like a prank with an LED or a laser. Even though I'll totally feel gullible after-the-fact... I'd rather it be a joke than something real.

Taking a picture of something does not equate to having it follow you if that's what you're getting at.I'm not quite sure why you didn't take a picture in the first place if,as you say,it was there for over an hour?Or at the very least like someone else suggested,video.I'm sure you have a cell phone that is capable of video.I'm not saying you are lying..but that was the perfect chance to prove what you're saying is true.Why not provide the proof to back up your story and make it that much more believable?Why would you pass that up? As for what it could be I'm not going to guess.It could be anything...

ETA : I'm not attacking you or accusing you of anything...I'm trying to understand your thinking.Logic would dictate if you're going to tell people what you saw..and had the chance to capture it on film that you would.I'm trying to understand your reason for not doing it...
edit on 12-12-2011 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
Taking a picture of something does not equate to having it follow you if that's what you're getting at.I'm not quite sure why you didn't take a picture in the first place if,as you say,it was there for over an hour?Or at the very least like someone else suggested,video.I'm sure you have a cell phone that is capable of video.I'm not saying you are lying..but that was the perfect chance to prove what you're saying is true.Why not provide the proof to back up your story and make it that much more believable?Why would you pass that up? As for what it could be I'm not going to guess.It could be anything...

I haven't seen anything like it before. So how do I know what to expect if I take a picture of it? Regardless... I couldn't take a picture at the time... I didn't have my camera with me.

And unlike you and apparently everyone else... I'm not wealthy enough to have a smart phone or anything... and the flip phone that I have is so old that the camera doesn't work anymore.

I said next time I'm there I would take a picture. But of course, since I haven't been there to take a picture yet, all you have is my word, and online (especially this site) no one takes anyone on their word anymore.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I haven't seen anything like it before. So how do I know what to expect if I take a picture of it? Regardless... I couldn't take a picture at the time... I didn't have my camera with me.

And unlike you and apparently everyone else... I'm not wealthy enough to have a smart phone or anything... and the flip phone that I have is so old that the camera doesn't work anymore.

I said next time I'm there I would take a picture. But of course, since I haven't been there to take a picture yet, all you have is my word, and online (especially this site) no one takes anyone on their word anymore.

That's the reply I expected.And I don't have a smart phone or a fancy phone for that matter.I have a cheap samsung 3g slider phone..doesn't take great pictures but I do know if I experienced what you claim you better believe I'd have taken a picture,crappy or not.As for your word on taking a picture,good enough for me.That's on you whether you want to prove your experience was indeed what you claim.That's if it's even there the next time you go.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Most of the time, I try not to put too much stock into that which is unexplainable......

Whoa, thats some crazy stuff right there. It reminds me of when I was younger and my brother and I used to sleep under the ceiling fan in our families living room. I had 2 or 3 dreams about some weird demonic creature hopping around on the ceiling fan and was trying to get to my brother. Those were some frightening dreams I must say.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

That's the reply I expected.And I don't have a smart phone or a fancy phone for that matter.I have a cheap samsung 3g slider phone..doesn't take great pictures but I do know if I experienced what you claim you better believe I'd have taken a picture,crappy or not.As for your word on taking a picture,good enough for me.That's on you whether you want to prove your experience was indeed what you claim.That's if it's even there the next time you go.

I don't think I reacted that much to it at first. Everyone in the room saw it and knew it was there, and none of them seemed to care. It was completely normal to them. So I wasn't going to be the odd one out like, "Guys... what on earth is that? How come you're not flipping out?!"
I assumed it was because they knew it was a reflection of the light or something. It wasn't until I was alone that I started blocking the main light source and the other smaller ones to try and figure it out. It didn't faze me or bother me in the least until the explanation I attributed to it was debunked (I assumed it was a reflection of the main light, but then I blocked the light out and it was still there... it was then that I started getting intrigued by it). But even then, I just shook it out of my mind. It wasn't until the next day that I started thinking about it again. Then the day after that it popped into my head again... and THEN I decided to suck it up and make a thread.

If it's not there the next time I go... I'll probably assume it was an LED or laser light like someone previously supposed. Regardless, I'll update the thread with a conclusion: either a picture or a reasonable explanation.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
How do you know "everyone" in the room saw it?

From your OP/description you explain that you assumed everyone did, and then assumed therefore it was an reflection.

Your OP shows you asked the Apartments owner/renter/tenant when everyone had gone and he just brushed it of.

So in fact maybe just maybe considering your views both personal and nurtured, scholastic and beliefs as such in this subject, time spent studying what you did, well just consider the following?

The fan is high up on ceiling, there is lots of noise around you, you are having an experience of being "Internal" that is thinking about past, future or subject, feelings, memories as you seemed to be not at the time you saw the "Demon" taking part in the party as such looking up. This does not describe a time when you were dancing or having fun talking etc...

So like we all have you go to an "internal" state due to the nature of doing that in an social setting, whilst watching an repeating trace like pattern, well I can think of fewer better ways to induce an "Trance" or "hypnosis" on a client if I wanted to.

Maybe just maybe you saw it, just some "Jungian" archetypes or merges of images you have seen studied, read about remembered been told over the years, I think you just saw an Unconscious projection as such a day dream my friend, or part of an waking nightmare almost.

I wouldn't bother with the camera might take ages to get it if I am wrong above definately go for a High Frame Per Minute Video cam, would see it closer to how the human eye does rather than a long exposure.

Love

Elf

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

That's quite possible. Although it wasn't a loud party area. It was during a loud party, but we were in his relatively quiet bedroom. It was a small space too, so there were about 6 of us all crammed in there.

I noticed the face when another friend pointed it out to me (apparently he had a bad night a few nights before and said he was hallucinating and that "the demon's face was laughing" at him, it was then that he pointed at the fan and I noticed the face). And this wasn't the friend who actually owns the bedroom, he just happened to be sitting next to me at the time.

Anyways, I never asked about it when it was pointed out to me since I just assumed it was a reflection. My friend talked about the thing laughing at him as though it was the laughter that was the weird part and not the fact that there was a face there to begin with. So I didn't think anything of it.

It wasn't until a few hours later when I did my own mini investigation with the lights and realized it wasn't a reflection (at least, not a reflection of anything obviously in the room) that I started to think of it as possibly something more.

Either way, I still haven't come to a conclusion about it since I still haven't had a chance to look at it again.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Goodness, are you guys seeing the ceiling fan banner ads on this thread, too? I don't always get them when I pop in here, but I do get them a lot. Due to connectivity problems in my household wireless system I have to reboot and reload the pages a lot to read or post so I guess I see the banner ads rotate more than usual right now, and a lot of them are for ceiling fans, I guess because they are tied into keywords in our posts.

Anyway they make me laugh. Getting back on topic, I'm suspicious about this all being a prank by your friends because one person did go out of his way to draw your attention to the image and with his "trippy" story, plant the suggestion that the image was more interesting than any mere reflection no matter how odd and out of place, normally would be. Knowing of your education in theology, they might have set this up to elicit a religion based response from you for their amusement. If this is all the case, I think your relative non reaction or low key reaction was the correct one, and if I were you, I totally would let this matter drop and go no further in showing outward interest, lest you find yourself the recipient of future pranks and teasing. A boring target does not make an enticing repeat victim of this sort of humor.

Again this is just based on my experience of a lifetime in the company of brotherly pranksters. As a tomboy I've been either a part of setting up pranks or the victim of them over the years. Women rarely do this sort of thing but when it comes to practical jokes I can't help noticing boys will be boys and men will be boys!

And if it is truly a real paranormal manifestation, I think that's even more reason to distance yourself from it. You have not been asked to help, so there is no point involving yourself further in something that could be troublesome down the line. All that is left to compel you onward is curiosity, and that is something we as adults have to reign in sometimes and just go with our better judgement. Mine tells me there is nothing to be gained from actively pursuing this further, beyond checking discreetly the next time you happen to be in that room.

Please don't feel obligated to pursue this on our account. You don't owe strangers on the internet anything, especially when your actions might make you the butt of joking among your friends or put you in any danger. For what it's worth I believe you stated your situation sincerely and truthfully.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Normally I would assume it was a prank. But usually a prank is done to promote laughter. I didn't really react as they would have wanted me to (if it was a prank) so knowing them... they would have continued to point it out until they did get the reaction out of me that they wanted. They don't give up that easily.

Either way, I'm a person of my word, so I'm going to at least take a picture. I'm going over there tonight (my friend got dumped, so it's boys night with movies... and I'm always one of the guys... whether I like it or not, haha). So later tonight or tomorrow morning, I'll at least post a picture of it on here. Assuming that it's still there to get a picture of. If it's not there... I'll assume it was an LED or laser or something and I'll post that conclusion. But the thing is weird looking enough that whether it's real or fake... it's worth taking a picture of.

I mean, whether it's paranormal or not, it's still kinda creepy looking.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
Please don't feel obligated to pursue this on our account. You don't owe strangers on the internet anything, especially when your actions might make you the butt of joking among your friends or put you in any danger. For what it's worth I believe you stated your situation sincerely and truthfully.

I've just got to point this out and totally star you for it. This is one of the most responsible and kind things I've ever read on ATS.

I mean everyone else is like, "Pics or it didn't happen. You must be hoaxing if you don't have a picture." So, being the human being that I am, I feel now that I HAVE TO take a picture... to at least protect my own integrity (even though this is just an online forum... I'm just as honest online as I am in real life).

And honestly... if I go in there with my camera tonight and I get a weird feeling. I'll make my other friend take the picture. He's not religious in the least bit, so he finds the existence of the face amusing. But who knows, maybe if the thing is a real manifestation, my religious background would protect me... or just make me weaker. I have no idea.

Let's hope it's a prank.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Woah, I have never seen or heard of an apparition that can show itself for more than a few seconds to an observer who is fully awake before : O This one lasted for more than an hour? Out of curiosity (not really advice) I would try turning off the fan next time you see the face and see when the face disappears while it is powering down. Then turn on the fan and see if the face appears at roughly the same fan speed/phase (I'm not sure how this works in the English language, but try to see if it appears at the same time it disappears when the fan was powering down.)

I would also try shining a flashlight directly at the face next time you see it. Would the face disappear? or will it still be visible even though the blades are illuminated? Of course, it is easy for me to suggest these things to you because I am not the one looking at a black-eyed horned head. お大事に

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I ended up going to my friends' place tonight and I got a video of the face.

Personally, I looked at the fan more closely... and I think the face is a reflection of the grommets on the fan's center base.

But I had some weird stuff happen to my camera when I tried to take the video. First the battery "died" (I had just charged it... so I took the battery out and put it back in and then camera registered it as fully charged). And then the memory card failed (which is the first time that has ever happened). But eventually... on my third try... I got a video of it.

Regardless... I now think it is just a reflection from perhaps the light in the snake's cage or something.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Yeah, that is freaky looking! So, you feel pretty settled as to the answer to this wierdness?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Yeah, I think I came up with a conclusion. It must be a reflection... even though I can't find specifically where the light source is. It totally must be a reflection.

Unless someone else has another idea.

Hah, at least I got the video to show people what I saw.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Thanks for keeping it updated and not just posting something and leavin us hanging as many do. I just found the post so I read through it all. I am going to say that you are getting a reflection from somewhere somehow. I can kind of make out the face but when i look at it I dont feel menaced by it. I am not right there in the room eaither though. I would agree with ur reflection solution.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Thank you for the star to my post. I have had to post my own extraordinary situations on ATS and ask to be taken on faith on things I can't possibly prove online, and I got a supportive reception, so it has always been necessary that I pay that favor forward. Also I try to treat others online or off as I would like to be treated. I'm glad I was able to make you feel supported. I am surprised that you were able to get back to the forum so quickly with a good video of the phenomenon.

Edited: after multiple viewings I've decided to retract my other observations. I have to agree it is simply the way the light highlights or emphasizes the prongs that attach the blades to the fan. Uncanny how it looks like a demon face but the human mind likes to find faces in random patterns. The parts of my posts that I just erased illustrate my mind doing just that about nothing!
edit on 14-12-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Thank you for getting the video.I have to agree it is some type of reflection.It's still rather creepy looking though

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Pretty interesting, went over it frame by frame, it's difficult to tell since the frame-rate is pretty low and the quality isn't great, really, but it would be good to know if this image appears on all 4 blades when in that particular position, or does the face only appear in a single blade?

A still photo of the fan turned off, with the blades static would be good, it could be that the blades are bolted/rivetted/screwed on to the base of the fan and so the blade is sort of concave/indented at these points, distorting the face of the fan blade to produce this effect.

If the blades are not secured to the base in this way (perhaps the fixings are hidden on the upper-side of the blade) then it'spossible the blade is damaged/bashed in some way.

What would be really cool is if the face appears in all 4 fan blades...even if the bolts/screws/rivets are visible, but more so if they're not. You should try turning the fan off and rotating it by hand and get an image of each blade in that position. Pretty cool thread.

Ta.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join