It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A demon in the fan blades...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Most of the time, I try not to put too much stock into that which is unexplainable. But I saw something the other day that I can't explain. And of all the places to go into detail about it - ATS is as good a place as any.

I'm curious if anyone can give me any insight into just what this thing was.

I was sitting in my friend's bedroom, just hanging out during a party, when I looked up at the rotating ceiling fan above me. The fan had metallic (goldish) blades and reflecting off the blades in one particular spot... was a face with horns. The face itself (including the horns) was lit up and the eyes and mouth were dark.

The first thing I thought was, "Wow, that's crazy that the reflection from the light would just happen to cause that particular pattern."
But after an hour or so of people walking in front of the light with no change in the reflection of the face... I started to think, "Where on earth is the light source that is causing this?"

So when my friend left the room to go to the bathroom, and I was alone, I got up and blocked the light. But surprisingly, the face was still there. I looked at the windows to see if maybe it was a street light, but the windows had towels over them. There was absolutely no light source which could have caused that face to manifest itself in the rotating fan blades. Not only was there no light source causing the face - but, wherever I went in the room, as long as I could see the fan blades, I could see the face.

Needless to say, I was a bit disconcerted after this. So when my friend came back, I asked him. He gave me a serious look and said, "Well, you're right that it's a reflection - it's just not a reflection of anything in here."
And he pretty much dropped it at that. We went into the living room and I forgot about it.

But since then... I haven't been able to get the face out of my mind. It's the first time I've seen anything like it. And since my mind hasn't found a logical explanation for it yet, I keep thinking about what on earth could have caused the face.

Too bad I didn't have my camera that night, or I would have tried to take a picture. Although, the idea of having an actual image of the face that I saw, makes me uncomfortable for some reason. Next time I'm there though, I'm going to take a photo of it (if I can... after all, the fan blades were moving pretty quickly, so I'd probably have to take a long exposure shot to even get the image).

But yeah, I'm curious if anyone else had ever come across something like that. An unexplainable image of a face that, physically, cannot be there. And I call it a "demon", because that's what everyone in the house referred to it as... and the thing had horns.

Also, my friend happened to have a pet snake in the room. Dunno if that matters, but I figure I'll give all the details I can.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Really guys? Flags and star, but no comment or advice?

I mean, sure... I like flags and all... but I was moreso looking for some insight...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I took a picture of a fan before, but it came out like I took a picture of it not moving. I'm not sure if you could change the setting on your camera to get the moving image to come out instead.

I did notice when I looked at the fan a certain way I could make it look different to my eye. It could be some pattern on the fans causing this image.

Not much help am I?

edit on 10-12-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I took a picture of a fan before, but it came out like I took a picture of it not moving. I'm not sure if you could change the setting on your camera to get the moving image to come out instead.

I did notice when I looked at the fan a certain way I could make it look different to my eye. It could be some pattern on the fans causing this image.

Not much help am I?

Haha, at least you tried! I totally appreciate any kind of input!

That's why I said if I ended up taking a picture of it, I'd have to have the camera on a long exposure setting... (I think that's right...) so that it captures all the movement. Ya know... when you take a picture over a period of like 3-5 seconds and it turns out all blurry cuz everyone was moving. If I do that and take a shot of the moving fan blades, I'd probably be able to capture the face. But the thing was creepy enough that I'm apprehensive about the idea of producing a picture of it.

But of course on here it's always, "pics or it didn't happen", so I'll eventually get a shot of it.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Ah yes of course, long exposure might do the trick. It will be interesting if your successful. Just keep your mouth shut, on the TV show supernatural that's how demons possess people! through the mouth. You also need salt to protect yourself...or was that for ghosts only?.....uuh anyway seriously, stay safe.

And yeah pics or it didn't happen! ...that always gets a thread heated up haha.

Hmm your not getting much replies here thou. Maybe the title should have been more extreme like "My boyfriend is half demon/half alien and I'm a bisexual starchild!!! Can this relationship work!?"

That always works.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
We didn't know you were looking for advice.
What do you want to know?
Did it attack you?
Are you worried about it? Is this an understatement or overstatement?

Personally I have seen more angels than demons, as I tend to scare them off.
But once in my mum's front room when I was about 13-14, I saw a shade/demon trying to look like a spider, then a mouse on the Hifi. I was so angry, I commanded it to go in Jesus name and it did.

I have seen so many 'black balls' or shades go out the house, when I was growing up, I've lost count.

My mum saw a black cat curled up on the sofa when she had a friend over and the friend could see it too. After we moved out of that house the council had to make it in to a rent office, as no one could live there for the ghosts and other happenings.
The next house we lived in, we saw a ghost of the old woman who had died there. My mum got a Vicar to exorcise it.
My eldest has seen a demon come out of a boy, who had just let a dog in to kill our 5 rabbits.

Sounds like it is attached to the friend or something in that room and it is watching your friend. I don't think it is a ghost. Could be a demon, or an evil psychic has put something in that room or on your friend.
Has your friend used a Ouija board?
Maybe the fan is going at the right frequency for it to be seen?

With the info you have given us, it is hard to say what it is.
The friend should try to get rid of it though.

BTW people don't answer posts like this, as people have been on ATS hoaxing and then U2U later with nasty comments. I'm not scared though.
Peace

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
If its a reflection why does the blades need to be spinning? Is it too big to capture the reflection on a single blade? Try placing something reflective like a mirror or aluminum foil in the place where you see the reflection. only reason im asking you to do that is because if you cant catch the reflection on a mirror then its not a reflection.... Ive said reflection alot, havent I? XD

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I would go back with camera, set up the space exactly as you remember it try to recreate it / debunk it. Just for your own curiosity.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by xFloggingMaryx
Needless to say, I was a bit disconcerted after this. So when my friend came back, I asked him. He gave me a serious look and said, "Well, you're right that it's a reflection - it's just not a reflection of anything in here."
And he pretty much dropped it at that. We went into the living room and I forgot about it.

That sounds to me as though he knows exactly what you're talking about. Is he into black magic or Satanism? Maybe he meant that it's a "reflection" of his own, inner self if he's dealing with dark stuff like that?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xFloggingMaryx

OK, I will comment. Why the obsession with Demons and Devils? Who taught you that? You have to look at the source when you speak about seeing things in your ceiling fan. Inferior Spirits cannot appear in your fan. And, they only have power at all if you give it to them. They feed on your fear of them.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie

Originally posted by xFloggingMaryx

That sounds to me as though he knows exactly what you're talking about. Is he into black magic or Satanism? Maybe he meant that it's a "reflection" of his own, inner self if he's dealing with dark stuff like that?

I agree that her friend knows more than he is telling. However, I wouldn't jump to conclusions that he is into something malevolent.

I have been working on filling my studio room for a long while and it is definitely inhabited. I enjoy their company and they keep the spiders at bay. When I have friends over, they notice things here and there but they, ultimately, feel quite at peace. Even my wife likes the essence that has been diffusing from there into the rest of the house and our entire home feels like we are always among friends.

To the OP: Is your friend a spiritualist of some sort? Did this image give you a truly bad feeling beyond an initial startle?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

That is just complete and utter nonsense.....

I'm talking about this of course:

ATS is as good a place as any.

ATS is the place for things like this!!

No futher advice on the demon issue, sorry.

Peace

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Honestly I'm having a hard time attempting to imagine or visualize what you describe. If you have any kind of camera that takes video clips, as many digital cameras and smart phones have these days, perhaps you could take an actual movie that would better reproduce what you saw as I agree, a still photo likely wouldn't work out.

From your follow up comments it sounds like you were not the only person at the party to have seen this reflection. Was there discussion amongst the party goers as to the cause of this odd apparition? Maybe someone who was actually there and knows the host would have better insight.

If it had been me there, I would have turned the ceiling fan off and slowly moved the blades by hand to see if I could learn anything about what might cast that reflection. Did you or anyone try this? And I can be obnoxious if my curiosity is sufficiently aroused, which I guess is why I'm a member of a place like ATS in the first place, and I would have persisted a bit more in getting the host to explain his cryptic remark about the nature of the reflection. Do you know him well enough to talk to him again and ask him to explain himself a bit better?

I think asking strangers on the Internet who weren't there will not yield fruitful replies as going back to the source and framing a better investigation would.

Unless you find out your host really is deep into something occult and manifested this thing, I am inclined to think it is just a coincidence you got a funky reflection that looks like what we think a demon ought to look like.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Another thing I would have done...I forgot to ask if you tried this, when your friend left the room, did you turn out the main light in the room? It's hard for me to know exactly how the room was lit but it sounds from your post like it was lit by a single lamp. If you turn out the main light source and all known secondary lights, that should reveal if your friend has the room rigged with some sort of projection device. These days with LED technology it shouldn't be that hard to project an image from a very small light source that does not give off heat that would otherwise reveal its presence. In fact I bought a night light for my daughter's play room that uses a single bright LED and a small lens to project a picture of the solar system onto the ceiling. When a small lamp is on elsewhere in the play room you can still faintly see the solar system image but you can't easily determine the source.

EDIT to add: Google "LED mini projector" and see if any of the many results that come up look small and discreet enough to have possibly been used to emit the image you saw. It could be your friend wanted to mock up a cool effect to mystify his guests.
edit on 11-12-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
We didn't know you were looking for advice.
What do you want to know?
Did it attack you?
Are you worried about it? Is this an understatement or overstatement?

I was moreso curious if anyone had any idea what it could be. Or if anyone's seen anything like it before.
I certainly haven't... so I have no idea.

Originally posted by strafgod
If its a reflection why does the blades need to be spinning? Is it too big to capture the reflection on a single blade? Try placing something reflective like a mirror or aluminum foil in the place where you see the reflection. only reason im asking you to do that is because if you cant catch the reflection on a mirror then its not a reflection.... Ive said reflection alot, havent I? XD

That makes sense. I'll probably try that with a mirror.

Originally posted by sylvie

I should ask him that. I don't know him well enough to get into those topics. Well... occasionally we talk about theology. But that's only because I have a degree in it.

OK, I will comment. Why the obsession with Demons and Devils? Who taught you that? You have to look at the source when you speak about seeing things in your ceiling fan. Inferior Spirits cannot appear in your fan. And, they only have power at all if you give it to them. They feed on your fear of them.

What obsession? I called it a demon because that's what it's called at my friends house. And uh... who taught me what? And, it's not my fan. Thanks for actually reading what I typed.

Also... I know. I know. I have a bachelors degree in Catholic theology. I don't need you to tell me that "inferior spirits cannot appear in my fan". It's not even my friggin' fan.

Originally posted by cuervo
To the OP: Is your friend a spiritualist of some sort? Did this image give you a truly bad feeling beyond an initial startle?

I'm not sure. He has tattoos of a few various religions on him. And he's interesting in spiritual matters, which is why he's so intrigued with my theological knowledge.
And yeah, the image did give me a truly bad feeling. Which is why I'm curious how that could happen. I don't believe that demons have any power over me, so I was confused when I noticed that this unexplainable face gave me a concrete feeling of discomfort.

reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Those are all good ideas too. I'm glad I took this to ATS, cuz now I have a list of things to do in order to get to the bottom of this. A lot of those investigative ideas I didn't even consider.

________

Thanks for all your replies guys... especially to all of you who ACTUALLY READ the thread. I now have a plan of action. Next time I'm there (maybe this upcoming week) I'll try out a few more things (and also try to take a video or long exposure shot of it).

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
BTW people don't answer posts like this, as people have been on ATS hoaxing and then U2U later with nasty comments. I'm not scared though.
Peace

I haven't noticed this at all. And I've been here since 2009.

How on earth does that even makes sense as something to do? Start a thread about something ambiguous to seek advice, and then when you get the advice your seeking... U2U people with rude comments? That does not compute.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Just to cover all your bases, do a Google search on laser projectors, too. I don't know anything about those, but as I got to thinking about how to project an image that would not dim or lose contrast in a lit room, I thought of lasers as a potential light source instead of LEDs and did a quick search. To my surprise some very small handheld sized units turned up. I wasn't able in my quick search to determine if such devices could remain cool enough and discreet enough to be used surreptitiously, as an LED light source could. But it's another possibility worth looking into as they are not that expensive.

I do believe in paranormal phenomena but when a group of friends and partying is involved, I always look for possible ways of pranking, first. I've seen way too many clever pranks pulled off in the last 20 years by my husband and his buddies. Guys with their geek toys get up to all sorts of mischief you'd never suspect! There was a case on ATS about a year ago on this forum and I pointed the young lady to a possible IPhone app as the culprit and it turned out I was right. I'd seen the app in use when my husband and his friends first discovered it and started pranking each other with it.

I wish you luck on any investigation you decide to undertake. If you do decide to pursue this further I hope you update us with any results. I do hope it all turns out to be a really cool trick. Otherwise I'd hate for that thing to be real and have an existence in your friend's life.

edit on 12-12-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Typos

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I would say that your friend had done the ouija board and summoned a demon. Because he was not surprised.

If I were you, I would stay away from that place.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Ambient light in the room. Probably the reflection of the bed or another object in the room. Does not have to be a light source.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

There is that possibility, but Cat, do you know of any reason it just manifests in such a goofy way as apparently being stuck motionless in a ceiling fan? I thankfully know little about the ways of such entities but this manifestation sounds so unusual as to almost...and I do mean ALMOST be funny. I do find it hard to truly find anything funny about that dark side of the paranormal and my heart always sinks when I read of people yearning to experience that aspect of it.

lol but I do get a laugh out of the fact every time I visit this thread there is a banner ad for ceiling fans running across the top of my iPad screen!
and I take care not to look too closely at the pictures of the metallic one in the ad!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join