It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The perfect question for RON PAUL!? (a question for ATSers)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
reply to post by nathanscottecho

This is actually very interesting. I didn't know he was being funded by military contractors. You think his stance on foreign relations would have them changing their minds about that.

I have one question , was Bush screaming for war before being elected in 2000 ?

Which party RP belongs to ?

If you please answer these questions , I will have something in my mind to get a conclusion.
edit on 9/12/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

More rhetoric sorry no time

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred

You could ask him about his position on funding for scientific research, I haven't seen him talk about that much. I know as a rule Ron Paul is generally against government spending but I'm curious on his position on government funding of scientific research (NASA, medical research etc).

Noooo ask him this instead. It's a fresh question that I'm sure he hasn't really answered before. Very curious, there are a whole lot of unnecessary government funding, but people fail to see the importance of NASA research for the future. Hopefully he's not one of those people?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Man, do not take their advice and ask some stupid conspiracy question. I swear man, he will not take you seriously after that. He will most likely hand wave such a question and move on.

Putting my vote. Since he plans to withdraw all foreign aid, ask him how he would deal with the backlash from our allies who were counting on it. Ask him if he would be prepared to break promises and burn bridges with our allies all in the name of cutting cost and isolationism.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'd like to ask him about free, renewable and alternative energy.

Also the space program. Nobody talks about that...ever.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Great idea, but this might turn out being anti-climatic if you just post the response without video. Think you can record the encounter & post it on Youtube?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom

Mr senator , how would you pay back the military corporation owners that are funding you now ?

Ron Paul
Ron Paul for Congress Cmte $500,000
US Army $24,503
US Air Force $23,335
US Navy $17,432
Mason Capital Management $14,000

Candidate Comparison: Top Contributors 2012 Cycle

OP if you ask this question you will look like an idiot and waste your question because those are not military contract donations, they're donations from people that consider their employers the military (aka soldiers).

hmdphantom is either stupid, misinformed or trolling. I have no idea which one.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Hello again, hmd. From OpenSecrets.org:

The organizations themselves did not donate , rather the money came from the organizations' PACs, their individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families. Organization totals include subsidiaries and affiliates.

Total Raised: $12,623,422...

Individual Contributions - $12,122,816 (96%)
- Small Individual Contributions - 6,075,354 (48%)
- Large Individual Contributions - 6,114,372 (48%)
- PAC Contributions $0 (0%)

You can browse through the tabs at the top here to look at Paul's various breakdowns, but as with the 2008 election cycle, almost all of Paul's support comes from individual donors as compared to big PACs as with some of the more mainline candidates, and once again members of the military are among his biggest support. I'd imagine they're tired of having THEIR lives put on the line for no good reason by the rest of us, heh.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Do you believe that there is a group of wealthy elitists who are actively plotting to take over the world, and if so through what means and explain your reasoning?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
it doesn't really matter he can't win

if lets say he is allowed to win, he would want to reform the power structure in the country, which the current powers won't allow, and he will try to rally the people to get behind his ideas, he will then be promptly executed, and the powers that be will have to come out of the shadows and affirm their dominance in America and rule in the open. This would start the second civil war.... in other words he can't win.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathanscottecho
First and foremost I apologize for my ignorance about Congressman Paul super fail
Second thanks everyone for your replies. The general theme so far seems similar to the first post of "Ask what is his plan for overcoming the overwhelming political and monetary pressures he will encounter in DC." (as well as calling him by his correct name). Would you all agree?

He is not funded by military contractors, he is receiving overwhelming support from military troops. Donations for his campaign....from people who are tired and fed up with useless wars that bring nothing but pain and suffering (social and economical) to the globe

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Ask him how he plans to get anything done as President when he has only been able to get ONE of his sponsored bills passed since 1997???

Yes...that's right...the "savior" of our nation has only been able to pass ONE of his sponsored bills in over a decade.

Oh, and that one bill he got passed.

www.govtrack.us...

To authorize the Administrator of General Services to convey a parcel of real property in Galveston, Texas, to the Galveston Historical Foundation.

The man is smart enough to know when the wheel is round enough to turn by itself

That is on of the biggest problem with nearly all politician. their ego is so big that they want to have bills bylaws, amendments passed in their name.

There are already too many bills and the federal government is already in too deep with everybody's business.

Ron Paul's toughest challenge will be to get is revolution through congress. But for that I am certain that he has trump cards up his sleeves

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred

You could ask him about his position on funding for scientific research, I haven't seen him talk about that much. I know as a rule Ron Paul is generally against government spending but I'm curious on his position on government funding of scientific research (NASA, medical research etc).

Just a guess here, I think that He'll be busy for a little while cutting 5 departments, bringing the troops home, harping at the FED and all that stuff.

I can already hear him say "the government shouldn't get involved in what should be done by the people for the people"

Seriously, what would help scientific research is not more money but opening the doors to the patent office wide opened and declassifying every existing research facility operated by black ops and military alike.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Id ask him why after 100 years hes the only guy to run for office telling the truth.

That alone is a massive change that needs to be understood.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Id ask him why after 100 years hes the only guy to run for office telling the truth.

That alone is a massive change that needs to be understood.

I believe that I have already heard his answer to this. He does not behave as other politician who buy votes by making "status quo" promises. He does not run after popularity contests but rather focuses on the source of the problems. Often you hear him refer to historical turn-points that are the source of the socioeconomical vat of puss we are bathing in today.

He believes that the constitution is near perfect and aught to be followed.

He wants constitutionalism, based on what was created and should work.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Honestly i would ask ron paul why his campaign isnt running ads that focus on his consistency wih issues. There are plenty of youtube videos that outline what hes said in the past since the late 80's. Hes been saying the same thing, and i dont think it gets highighted enough in his ads.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

They air ads in target early primary states like Iowa and NH. You won't be seeing it much anywhere else. RevPAC aired this ad nationally, a while back in one of the CNN debates:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If I were an American citizen I think I would ask what he would do to try and bring industry back the the USA, motor, manufacturing etc. to secure basic jobs for people to have a little pride in. Good luck guys

All we have to do now is vote out our current Labour government and both our countries might have a chance!

Cheers from Down Under

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I remember that ad. But I think it is more powerful when you see a clip of him saying it from when he said. Proving his consistency within the video, for skeptical viewers.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Ok Ladies and Gents I've made it back from the town hall meeting, and uploaded the videos to youtube (which took way longer than I thought). As far as the question goes I didn't really get the chance to ask as most of the questions were asked by the local high school students (they're the one's who put it together I guess). All that aside though he did make good sense. At the end of the speech someone did get a chance to ask him about the Defense Authorization Act, and he had a good response. I'm going to post the links to the videos if you'd like to watch them. Some of them come in and out at different points throughout the speech. Once again thank you all for the help

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Why do we need permission to stop giving money away?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join