It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The perfect question for RON PAUL!? (a question for ATSers)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by nathanscottecho
Awesome! I'm getting TONS of great ideas for questions. After thinking about it I'm shifting towards something more simple and direct (plans on ending the fed). That is a question that I feel like I could get a proper response and actually have an answer for everybody. Outkast please feel free to respond if you have another question but no rhetoric in my thread please. This is a discussion.

Mine was a perfectly good question...no rhetoric.

Ron Paul has shown no evidence that his ideas resonate with his piers, he has shown no evidence that he can demonstrate leadership to get people on board with his ideas.

So my question is probably the most basic question one should ask a candidate...if you haven't been able to show in the past that you are capable of leadership and pushing your ideas through, how are you going to be able to do this as President???

Ok so back to your original question. Sure I would be happy to ask him your question I just need you to get the majority of the thread to go along with you. At the moment it looks like it will probably be something about the fed (that's where everyone seems to be going).
edit on 12/9/2011 by nathanscottecho because: different wording

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
I would ask how familiar he is with the SUNNI and SHIA Muslims of the world and there locations and influences?

Sunnis form the overwhelming majority in countries such as Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Yemen, Pakistan, Indonesia, Turkey, Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia.
Shiites form the majority only in Iran, Iraq, Bahrain, and Azerbaijan, but they constitute sizable minorities in Afghanistan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Yemen.
edit on 12/9/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

It seems like this is a question pertaining to another question you wish to ask. Is this the whole idea of what you'd want to know or is it related to his policy (bring troops home).

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nathanscottecho

I'm just curious why you would ask him about the Fed when his opinion is very clearly known about that topic. That is pretty much his whole campaign "End The Fed".

That would be like me asking Obama if he thinks his healthcare reform bill is working...you already know the answer.

IMO...why waste a question...unless you are just wanting to serve up an easy one for him....is that your intention?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I'm just curious why you would ask him about the Fed when his opinion is very clearly known about that topic. That is pretty much his whole campaign "End The Fed".

That would be like me asking Obama if he thinks his healthcare reform bill is working...you already know the answer.

IMO...why waste a question...unless you are just wanting to serve up an easy one for him....is that your intention?

I personally haven't heard the specifics of his idea yet (I'm sure I could find it online), but IF I did ask him about the Fed I guess it'd just be to hear it from the "horses mouth." But I'm just following the general consensus a.k.a "How do you plan on getting through congress and How exactly are you going to reign in the fed." Your question isn't any less valid in my book just less supported I should say *shrugs*

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Cool a video! (a little long though) I don't have the time to watch it before I have to go (it starts at one and I want to be there at least by twelve to get a good spot), But I'll be happy to watch it after I get back. In short what does the film say (terms like greenback are sadly Greek to me at the moment... more ignorance
)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I would ask how familiar he is with the SUNNI and SHIA Muslims of the world and there locations and influences?

Sunnis form the overwhelming majority in countries such as Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Yemen, Pakistan, Indonesia, Turkey, Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia.
Shiites form the majority only in Iran, Iraq, Bahrain, and Azerbaijan, but they constitute sizable minorities in Afghanistan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Yemen.

It seems like this is a question pertaining to another question you wish to ask. Is this the whole idea of what you'd want to know or is it related to his policy (bring troops home).

No not related to another question. I ask this because his understanding on them will help to manage as much as he can within that region because the sunni and shia have different influences globally and it would be nice to know he knows about them well -- incase MORE CONFLICT STARTS. thats why I ask this to see how informed he is about the stage he may be about to interact on. So yes it effects the troops locations home or outside as I said conlfict related to specific groups can effect the troops.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

No not related to another question. I ask this because his understanding on them will help to manage as much as he can within that region because the sunni and shia have different influences globally and it would be nice to know he knows about them well -- incase MORE CONFLICT STARTS. thats why I ask this to see how informed he is about the stage he may be about to interact on. So yes it effects the troops locations home or outside as I said conlfict related to specific groups can effect the troops.

Ok cool you got it. Just a question to make sure he's knowledgeable about the situation over there and ready to make the decisions he'll have to make. Thanks for your input

edit on 12/9/2011 by nathanscottecho because: Posting error

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
You need to find a question that other candidates will be too afraid or unable to answer. Ask a question that appeals to the majority of US citizens. Sorry I cant be more of more help. In the UK we love RP

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Well if you are looking for a consensus on ATS about Ron Paul, they are going to tell you to ask him a softball question.

Which is why they are all agreeing to ask about the Fed...because they know that's one of his main talking points and he would LOVE to talk about it.

So you have to make the choice...do you want to ask a real question or do you want to offer him a platform for his talking points.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Running the country is about serving the people, not the people serving the government.

What is Ron Pauls favorite JFK statement and why

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
You need to find a question that other candidates will be too afraid or unable to answer. Ask a question that appeals to the majority of US citizens. Sorry I cant be more of more help. In the UK we love RP

Thanks for the response I'll try my best to.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
My question to Ron Paul would be:

''You're nearly 80, and considering some of the bizarre and kooky beliefs you hold and express, don't you think that you'd be better off in a rest home?''

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Well if you are looking for a consensus on ATS about Ron Paul, they are going to tell you to ask him a softball question.

Which is why they are all agreeing to ask about the Fed...because they know that's one of his main talking points and he would LOVE to talk about it.

So you have to make the choice...do you want to ask a real question or do you want to offer him a platform for his talking points.

Ok I got ya... so info about the Fed is general info you can find anywhere. I'll keep that in mind then when it boils down to it thanks.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Ok cool you got it. Just a question to make sure he's knowledgeable about the situation over there and ready to make the decisions he'll have to make. Thanks for your input

Anytime nathanscottecho

NAMASTE*******

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

''You're nearly 80, and considering some of the bizarre and kooky beliefs you hold and express, don't you think that you'd be better off in a rest home?''

As entertaining of a question as that would be I would probably make the news and look like a good ole idiot on tv. Side note: "Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

As entertaining of a question as that would be I would probably make the news and look like a good ole idiot on tv. Side note: "Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

Of course this is coming from the guy who called him "Senator" Ron Paul lol (myself for those who don't know)
edit on 12/9/2011 by nathanscottecho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Namaste

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

I think you have noticed the link I got the info from.

Are the numbers true ?

If that's true , do you say it is the individuals in the armed forces , who provide that money to support him ?

Thank you for replying.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

This is actually very interesting. I didn't know he was being funded by military contractors. You think his stance on foreign relations would have them changing their minds about that.

I have one question , was Bush screaming for war before being elected in 2000 ?

Which party RP belongs to ?

If you please answer these questions , I will have something in my mind to get a conclusion.
edit on 9/12/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Ok Ladies and Gents the time has come for me to get ready to head out! First I'd just like to thank everybody for coming in and offering up their suggestions. It's the conversations like these that this site was made for and why I enjoy it so much. So from what I can tell the general consensus is (although it MAY be a platform topic as mentioned before general consensus is what I was asking for) "do you believe that you will be able to end the empire building of previous administration's war policies and bring an end to the Federal Reserve's stranglehold on the American economy, and how exactly do you plan on doing so?" and "What is his plan for overcoming the overwhelming political and monetary pressures he will encounter in DC."

The town hall starts at 1:00pm here in Mason City and I have no clue how long it will last. I promise I will try my best to ask and I will try my best to get the response verbatim (If not verbatim than it'll be close). Afterwards I'll post how it went. Thanks again.

Wish me luck!
edit on 12/9/2011 by nathanscottecho because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join