It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to the Equator!! Everywhere on Earth !! USA-UK-Canada

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

BTW, I don't need a crescent to know if its boat or not. Ican tell when it's full if its an equatorial moon.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by Phage

So what happened to the Winter Path of the Moon.

PS .How many decades ago did they predict today eclipse? 30 yrs ago?
or 30 months ago? A year ago?

The "winter Path" of the Moon is only as the Moon's path appears from the earth. Than changes seasonally, just like the Sun has a winter path and a summer path when seen from the earth.

The winter path has nothing at all to do with the eclipse.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

BTW, I don't need a crescent to know if its boat or not. Ican tell when it's full if its an equatorial moon.

A full Moon tilts the same way as the crescent Moon -- but it's just harder to tell because it is a circle.

If you watch the craters at Moonrise and Moonset, you will see that the Moon has "flipped" a bit as it moved across the sky. That is to say, the craters that rose first (and looked to be on "top" of the Moon at moon-rise) are the same craters that are among the first to set.

Therefore, those craters that looked to be on "top" at Moon-rise would be near the "bottom" of the Moon at Moon-set. It is as if the Moon flipped over a bit -- i.e., tilted.

The constellations near the ecliptic do the same thing for the exact same reason. When the constellation Orion rises, among the first parts to rise is it's "bow and arrow". However, when it sets, that bow is also among the first parts to set. Therefore, Orion looks to "flip over" a bit from rising to setting -- just like the Moon.

edit on 12/10/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Thats right,The craters do flip sometimes and sometimes they don't. Meaning the face of the "Man in the moon" is sometimes proper in its aspect and sometimes not.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I never said the winter path has anything to do with the eclipse.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Thats right,The craters do flip sometimes and sometimes they don't. Meaning the face of the "Man in the moon" is sometimes proper in its aspect and sometimes not.

It flips over somewhat every time, not just sometimes. The amount of this flip is a seasonal thing. During the seasons when the full Moon is highest in the night sky (winter), we see more of the total arc of the Moon as it moves across the night sky than we do in the summer ( the Moon is lower in the night sky in the summer).

For Las Vegas in December, the full moon will be visible from moonrise to Moonset for about 14 hours, because its path is high in the sky. In June, you will only see the full moon for a little more than 9 hours from moonrise to Moonset, due to it being so much lower in the sky. We are seeing a smaller total arc of the Moon in the summer.

The fact that the full moon is out so many more hours on a winter night makes it so much more easy to notice the total amount that its craters "flipped over". More hours in the sky means more total flipping; less amount of time in the sky means less total flipping.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

So do you agree with what I said about the Moon looking more horizontal last week from 20° north of the equator than it does from the equator itself?

If so, then do you understand why Las Vegas at 36° North latitude could have seen a MORE tilted Moon than they did from the equator last week (on December 2)?

By your understanding, is it normal or abnormal to be able to see a perfectly horizontal Moon from 20° north latitude?

edit on 12/10/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

OK...i will try again .....

Originally posted by snoopyuk
reply to post by j-man

well said , In this thread and the OP`s previous moon threads, many people have provided good solid science and math based answers.,and most people have at least stayed civil and polite, unlike some of the other threads on ATS lately.

OP , it makes a difference what time you take your photos, can you please provide times for your posted photos and any future ones .

thanks

snoopyuk
edit on 10-12-2011 by snoopyuk because: sp

edit on 11-12-2011 by snoopyuk because: edit

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

reply to post by j-man

It is not a question of the moon catching the reflection of light . Its a question of where the light is in relationship to the location of the observer. And you can't have an equatorial moon on the 36th parelell month after month.

For the moon to set ;"Bowl or Boat" it has to be on the same parelell as the observer if thats what is being observed. ( I have pictures of this )

Plus you saying that 1-3 would have major effects on just about everything. What does that have to do with anything unless you can tell me conclusively what the effects would be. Not guessing but conclusively.
I dont agree with you. The moon can suffer a mild orbital change and not be hurled into outer space.

I have provided just as many links and data to refute the claims that I am wrong on this one. I also have pictures and that is the greatest evidence you seem to be forgetting. Observation is not a thing that you throw in the trunk and pretend it doesn't count. Surely you know this.

If the weatherman says it's going to be 85 tomorrow and it winds up being 105 who is right? The weatherman or the one who goes out and sees the temp is 105 and sweats while they feel it and read the thermometer??

I don't know what web you're on but the one I'm on has plenty of people commenting on this moon and how strange it is and how they have never seen it before. People I talk to on the street and over the phone say they never seen it like this before. The only people who seem to think it is normal are you few here.

First. Like other members said, you're photographs aren't that special to begin with given the position of the moon (near the horizon ready to set). That matters a lot because the perspective of the moon changes as the earth rotates.

Second. I'm not talking about the moon being hurtled away, I'm talking about tidal effects on the entire planet if the moon would be out of place. (By the way the supposed effect you are describing is not a minor orbital change...). The earth tilting would mean, for example, the star polaris (or every other statr for that matter) being out of place (It isn't...).
The sun moving? That wasn't even a serious suggestion. the sun hasn't moved.

Third. To counter your weather man example. If the weather man says it's going to be a 105 degrees at noon tomorrow, and you measure 85 at 11 pm, the weatherman wasn't wrong but you measured at the wrong time.

fourth. Don't you go questioning my web. If you're web has only a few people sharing my opinion about the moon it's probably yours that is weird.

I don't think you will take this in. I hope so nevertheless...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by j-man

Hello. In no specific order.

Your web? What did you pay for it? I have been online since 1989, You say below and I quote,,,,,

First. Like other members said, you're photographs aren't that special to begin with given the position of the moon (near the horizon ready to set). That matters a lot because the perspective of the moon changes as the earth rotates

I like a first. So first there are plenty of members that agree with me. So that issue of yours is a dead subject. .BTW do you have any pictures that you have taken?

Then you say,,,,,,

(By the way the supposed effect you are describing is not a minor orbital change...). The earth tilting would mean, for example, the star polaris (or every other statr for that matter) being out of place (It isn't...).

The earth does tilt. So that is another dead subject. What do you think I am describing? A moon that is supposed to be at no more than 28.5 degrees approx. north or south of the equator achieving 36 degrees. Thats 7 maybe 8 degrees. I would not call that a global killer would you.? Then you also comment below,,,,,

The sun moving? That wasn't even a serious suggestion. the sun hasn't moved

I never said anything about the sun in my previous post.So that is another one I don't need to continue with. Then you fall off the planet yourself by saying below,,,,

To counter your weather man example. If the weather man says it's going to be a 105 degrees at noon tomorrow, and you measure 85 at 11 pm, the weatherman wasn't wrong but you measured at the wrong time.

Counter? Counter? This isn't court and its not a boxing match. Nor a chess game ( But some see to act like it.)
are your just being plain,simple and silly? It's obvious I was talking about an example involving a Predicted High Temp and an Actual High Temp. If you want to go outside at 11 pm and take the temp reading and think thats the time of day when it will be at it's highest, then you are on another planet.
This is really mature below..

fourth. Don't you go questioning my web. If you're web has only a few people sharing my opinion about the moon it's probably yours that is weird

So you think your about to tell me what I can and can't do in regards to the internt? Good luck on that one .

What I actually said is right here.

I don't know what web you're on but the one I'm on has plenty of people commenting on this moon and how strange it is and how they have never seen it before. People I talk to on the street and over the phone say they never seen it like this before. The only people who seem to think it is normal are you few here.

I said nothing about "My Web" or "Your Web". I said I didnt know what web you were on but the one I am on has many people who agree that he moon is not right. You can Counter or whatever you want to call it. The facts are simply that people world wide are noticing this. Whether you understand it or accept it is of no concern of mine.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
If the perfectly level "boat moon" can be seen in a range 23.5° north and south of the equator (even as far as 28.5°. if you consider the moon is 5° above the ecliptic plane), then doesn't it seem logical that a place such as Las Vegas at 36° North latitude can still see a heavily tilted Moon -- say tilted only about 15° (or less) away from being horizontal, just like in your picture?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Please answer my post that is above .....

i would appreciate it....

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Here are a couple videos I made showing what the moon looks like at rise and set for the entire year of 2011, as viewed from different latitudes. For the rise video, we see the moon shortly after it comes above the horizon (about 10° above). For the set video, we see the moon shortly before it sets (again, about 10° above the horizon). In each video, we see the moon as it would look when viewed from the Earth's equator, as well as 22.5° and 45° north latitude.

I threw in pauses when the lower crescent was visible in each video, so you could compare the apparent angles.

Moon Rise:

Moon Set:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Hello. In a very specific order

Plenty of people who agree with you? Have you even read this thread? You know what nevermind, i'll let you have this one...

The web comment I posted had a wink behind it, to keep some good natured humour in the thread.

I know the earth is tilted in relation to it's orbit. But if the moon appears different due to even more tilt (the not so much "global killer" of 7-8 degree you talk about) the ENTIRE NIGHT SKY would appear different (stars being out of place). Which it obviously doesn't...

I suggested the sun moving... It was an explanation why the moon would appear different, though it was not a serious suggestion as i pointed out in my previous post.

Boxing match?? Court? Arguments require COUNTER arguments to have discussion even outside court...

Calling me Silly, immature or even worse "plain simple"? Why on earth did you go and try make this personal?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by j-man

I have nothing personal against you. In fact I have nothing personal against anyone unless they make it personal.
But I have to tell you that there are alot of people that don't come into these threads to post because they don't want to try to discuss this and be pounced upon. They do however read them frequently and send me u2u or other communications.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I too have fallen victim to some false perceptions wherein the sun or moon "seemed off" , but there are some things i feel have to be certain: the Earth, Moon and Sun are EXACTLY where they are supposed to be. Otherwise there would probably be some side effects like crazy tidal changes, or the alignment of stars being off as well, or the solstices wouldn't line up at Stonehenge: which aren't happening....However rather than dismissing everyone else who has seen the moon or sun be off, I wondered of there isn't something happening with the very properties of light (from the sun) itself, or rather the way light is traveling from the sun to earth,and what its travelling through, I suppose a lot can happen in the 93 Million miles from earth to the sun.

At the very least I have started to pay more deliberate attenttion to the sky, sun and moon and have grown much better at knowing and understanding whats Normal in the heavens above. But I'm also better prepared to record any celestial events that seem anomalous.....

The boat moon thing is a very specific point I see being argued which I gotta learn more about. Just another bread crumb on a trail.....

Thanks OP!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by balanc3

With all due respect you say that the Sun Moon and Earth are exactly where they are supposed to be and then you say,

The boat moon thing is a very specific point I see being argued which I gotta learn more about. Just another bread crumb on a trail

If you have to learn more about the boat moon you better hurry up or stop saying the moon etc is where its supposed to be. The boat moon tells you that something is not where its supposed to be.. Read the thread.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I read the thread and took time to go thru the battle of the links and did some ruminating on the whole angle of the tilt of the moon thing. Which fully accredited college is right? i dont know....

I admitted to Feeling that the sun, moon and earth are in their proper place, but honestly, I know better than to state with Certainty any scientific fact that I am unable to measure or calculate myself. I just haven't learned that much yet....and I'll go along with "currently" accepted scientific conventions. But what what my gut tells me is that if the sun moved out of place, it would Probably have more than just visual effects, there'd have to be something tangible as well. Likewise if the moon were off in its orbit there would Probably be tangible effects(wild tides), not just visual ones. And if its the earths tilt, Stonehenge and all the other monolithic astronomical sites around the world should have indicated it, unbiased by NASA's evil lies

I like what I call my extreme opposite idea, which is that the moon, sun and earth ARE ALL OFF, in some complimentary way which disguises the epic scale of strangeness going on in space. Its what I hinted at in guessing there's something off ,not in the locations of the sun, moon, and earth, but in the way light is actually travelling through the space between the sun and earth.

But really I like this opportunity to learn from what others think is happening.At the end of this thread you have no conclusions as to what's going on or what its indicative of and end up exactly in the same place as where you started, with an anomaly, and NO answers a position I too am in.

Seriously, suppose I agree with you whole heartedly, that I know and can confirm mathematically, with undisputable proof that the moons appearance and actual position are wrong. What does it mean or indicate? what's the next step? pack a go-bag and hit the hills? is it a polar shift? nibiru?

like I said before it's just another crumb on a trail, not even a trail of crumbs yet....if I were phage i'd tell you there are no crumbs

edit on 12/14/2011 by balanc3 because: lost impartiality, was being a d1ck

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

OK...i will try yet again .....do you have me set to ignore CherubBaby ?? as you seem to have missed my multiple attempts to ask you a question .....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----
Originally posted by snoopyuk

reply to post by j-man

well said , In this thread and the OP`s previous moon threads, many people have provided good solid science and math based answers.,and most people have at least stayed civil and polite, unlike some of the other threads on ATS lately.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------

OP , it makes a difference what time you take your photos, can you please provide times for your posted photos and any future ones .

thanks

snoopyuk
edit on 10-12-2011 by snoopyuk because: sp
edit on 14-12-2011 by snoopyuk because: addition

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

Are you asking me to go back and figure out the times of every photo I have posted ? If so in every thread and every post in every thread? Be specific please AND REASONABLE

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join