It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of being raped? Want his worst fears to be realized? Try the NEW and Improved RAPE-AXE Condom!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Yes! I'm tired of being raped, but how will sticking this up my butt keep the politicians, and corporations at bay?

On topic: I can see ups, and downs to this. I can see it being a short term deterent, and I realize that S. Africa is a much different place than Europe, and America. It might have some merit in some instances.

I kinda see it like personal soft body armor, or carrying concealed. It is uncomfortable to do it all the time. I am not a woman, but it doesn't take a lot of imagination to realize that gizmo can't be horribly comfortable to the wearer. Just like a kevlar vest is hot, and clingy, Sure it protects you, but you aren't going to wear it 24/7, no way, no how. So now you have to factor in when, and where is it most likely that I will need to wear my peckerwrecker?

Also scumbags are adaptive too unfortunately. If these gizmos get popular, and are in mainstream use it won't take the vultures long to learn to "test the water" before diving in. It sounds like a great idea on paper, but if you think about the real world applications, and limitations a bit, it seems more of a scare tactic, or a placebo for women who feel threatened, and powerless. I think some self defense training, a decent weapon, and a survivor attitude would go much, much farther.

I also agree that in a multiple attacker scenario this gizmo would get a victim killed, or beaten much more severely. Scumbags feel it is their right to violate you, and how dare you take measures to defend yourself. Of course the answer to that argument is best punctuated with a 9mm period IMHO.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Has it enterd anyones head that perhaps the idea is that any potential attacker will know of the condoms but won't know who does and doesn't have one so it will actually reduce the amount of rapes as the potential attackers won't want to take the chance?

Like a concealed weapon they just won't know who's packing and who isn't.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Just realized something about these-

If I were headed to prison I'd be sure to grab a few

So if anyone's doing any Xmas shopping for Rod Blagojevich...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Don't know who's packing?
Please re-read that, and you'll see the humor in it. The term "packing" is quite apt for this. Now if you'll excuse my dark humor, and insensitivity.

I agree that the most powerful use for this device is simply its existence. The psychological factor of the unknown. Who indeed is "packing" Oh dear I'm snickering again. But your point is quite correct.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join