It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton wants to investigate Russian Elections

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
edition.cnn.com... a-elections-clinton/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

I dunno if this is meddling or not, but it is enough to raise eyebrows. By the way, why would the US be responsible for anti-Putin websites? You don't think there are enough Russians who dislike him, you think the US would have to encourage parties other than Putins? If anything, the US should help out those parties to level the playing field, Putin can't jail EVERYONE but he can intimidate the many with the improsonment or beating of the few.

Having lived in eastern europe for a while now, the view of governments such as Russia's, Belarus, and the stunningly corrupt Ukrainians(Ukrain is like the wild west to do business in. Everyone needs a bribe). I am amazed that Putin's party can get so much of the vote. He has done very little for the average Russian, and is nothing more than a thug. Western media is not biased when they report bad things about him, they are simply stating the truth.

If anything, that Clinton is suggesting to do this in an off year and non presidential election is particularly telling. The US will not challenge the legitamicy of Putin's power, but will question the validaty of his power base. Perhaps this will encourage fair(er) elections when Putin attempts to re-take the throne next year.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
America should investigate its own election riggings before they go complaining about other nations.
What right do they have?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Even IF Putin is not suited as a president... why would the US care so much?

Since when this idea the US owns everything? Their continent isn't big enough nowadays?

They should mind their own business.
I can't believe how you think this is normal in any way?
I am from Romania. What do you say if we come and 'investigate' your business, hmm?
edit on 6-12-2011 by onnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Damn .. that woman just wont STHU
she speak for nothing and she is one of the most
annoying and useless person on earth ever

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
LOL!!!
How do they say...
Kettle meet pot.
Maybe we should square our own house first.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I guess that this is "the beginning of the end"...

Pay attention to the next moves...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
i think the united states should mind its own business and butt out of Russian affairs. America displays hypocrisy at each breath.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
anyone remember the gedubya and al gore hanging shads?
ooops -wrong country.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by steppenwolf86

maybe Russia should investigate american elections and the polska govt.How about that? Diebold machines rig the elections in USA.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by zyrtec
i think the united states should mind its own business and butt out of Russian affairs. America displays hypocrisy at each breath.

i'm sure foreign countries are keeping files on all those american quotes.
next year is america's election turn, and with all our scoundrels, there's bound to be scandals.

and foreign press can always watch the comedy channel and never run out of material.

the hypocrisy of telling other nations how to run their society, when politically and financially our own us is a dysfunctional basket case.

it's hypocrisy on a biblical scale until we can at least see how the banks and federal deficits are going to be solved here at home.
our president and congress can't agree on anything.
with years of paralysis as the congress seeks to destroy obama.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

Wait, when did I ever say I supported this? I was just bringing it to everyone's attention.

Whoever brought up the 2000 presidential election hit the nail on the head, its exactly what I was thinking.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I have no problem with Bill going over there to investigate Russia's elections, on two conditions.
1) he takes Hilliary with him.
2) they don't come back.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Update: an opposition leader has been arrested. Now are investigations justified? What if there was some kind of international UN investigation? Whould it be justified then?
edition.cnn.com... n/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
edit on 6-12-2011 by steppenwolf86 because: fixed link

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Russian elections are none of our business. Period. We have enough corruption to deal with, without thinking we can deal with another countries corruption.

Originally posted by Ben81
Damn .. that woman just wont STHU
she speak for nothing and she is one of the most
annoying and useless person on earth ever

You and I are usually on different ends of the political spectrum, but we are brothers in arms about this

edit on 6-12-2011 by DerbyCityLights because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Since when did UN become investigator? Who is this opposition leader? Nemstov? Limonov? Kasparov? Zhirinovsky?

All these guys are loons.Zhirinovsky wants to wage genocide on West and wanted to detonate nukes over baltics and Poland,use torsion/scalar weapons on America.Same with Limonov .Nemstov? Yeltsin era corrupt fellow. Kasparov,a NED supported american machurian candidate.

Leaves two credible opposition parties :
1) communist party of Russia
2) United Russia

So which of two wolves do you want ? or do you want loons like Zhirinovsky and Limonov who drool for thermonuclear war with the West day and night.

You decide.I want Poland to be free but don't let anti-russianism go to head.If USA and NATO continue interfering russian people will become ultra paranoid and might elect Zhirinovsky.That would be worst for the world .

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

That is a rather naive viewpoint. Elections in every country should always be on our(The US) radar. The attitude of entire nations can change in one day because of an election. Elections in the country with the most warheads in the world, with how many thousands of them targeted at our country are very, very important. Should we attempt to influence them? That would be frowned upon, but attempting to ensure the fairness and legality of elections, well that is in everyones interest. It should, however, be done under a UN banner.

If the US was so involved in influencing elections, why is there a pro russian government in Ukraine, and the Muslim Brotherhood coming to power in Egypt?
Yes the US has its own problems with corruption, but they are NOTHING compared to the corruption epedemic in Ukraine(Trust me, I have done business there, and the amount of people who asked for bribes was insane.) and Russia is possibly even worse. See this recent survery on corruption: Corruption IndexTo state otherwise is simply naive. In the United States, when the Democrats win, they do not arrest the leader of the Republican party. That appears to have just happened in the land of Putin.

By the way, I am an American living in Poland. So I have the American fear of the Russians and the adopted Polish fear, and the daily reminder in the gloriously bland buildings here.
edit on 6-12-2011 by steppenwolf86 because: edit

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

muslim brotherhood is affliated to Turkey and muslim brotherhood was created by Mi6.USA is trying a create a calvinist version of Islam which is easier to control than Salafism.US backed rebels overthrow Ghaddafi using the pretext of arab spring.

As for russia and USA ,I would say USA is most corrupt,considering that trillions of dollars have been stolen by govt and Wall street.Russia is not far behind.

Don;t use transparency international they have affliation to Western corporate interests.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I would think that someone doing a survey on the ease of doing business without resorting to bribery would be affiliated with western business interests. What is the issue here?

What stolen money are you refering to? Please do not turn this thread into a typical capitalist/US bashing thread. So now the US wants hardline muslims in charge of a country that is/was such a dependable ally in the Israeli/Palestinian/Arab peace process that we provided their entire military budget? So according to you, the US overthrew Mubarak for the purpose of letting egyptians elect a govt that is potentially anti-israel? dream on.
edit on 6-12-2011 by steppenwolf86 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Boris Nemstov is nothing compared to United Russia and communist party

united russia=like republicans
Communist party=like democrats.

Nemstov is hated in Russia as he was a very corrupt fellow.and he's funded by NED like Kasparov.very unpopular fellow.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by steppenwolf86

I would think that someone doing a survey on the ease of doing business without resorting to bribery would be affiliated with western business interests. What is the issue here?

What stolen money are you refering to? Please do not turn this thread into a typical capitalist/US bashing thread. So now the US wants hardline muslims in charge of a country that is/was such a dependable ally in the Israeli/Palestinian/Arab peace process that we provided their entire military budget? So according to you, the US overthrew Mubarak for the purpose of letting egyptians elect a govt that is potentially anti-israel? dream on.
edit on 6-12-2011 by steppenwolf86 because: spelling

you can dream on, the military appartus is in place and muslim brotherhood is controlled by Turkey.As for islamic fundamentalists they are capable of suppressing true democratic movements and meant to keep middle east in backwardness.To decimate chinese investments in Africa and middle east using the islamists.To decimate russian investments.

What stolen money are you refering to? Please do not turn this thread into a typical capitalist/US bashing thread.

I hate commies with a passion but i call spade a spade.Like the illegal bailouts of 20 trillion$ + by Federal Reserve. Like the Wall street and CIA involvement in the trillion dollar narcotrade and CIA and politicans involved in operation fast and furious.
Like the Federal Reserve which is a private entity which has never been audited,
Like how the interest rate swaps are used by the govt to manipulate treasuries.
Like how US govt manipulates the gold and silver market.

I can post a thousand examples if you like.
edit on 6-12-2011 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join