It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the NDE says about Religion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by angellicview

That's a beautiful message.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

If religion was not important, why do the apparitions say the opposite? One or the other is untrue.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

If religion was not important, why do the apparitions say the opposite? One or the other is untrue.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "apparitions". Can you dumb that down for me a bit, and then I'll be glad to give you my point of view.

I don't mean to make it sound as it religion is completely unimportant. It's just that there is so much fighting and arguing over religions. I am saying that we need to get past this and bridge the gap between faiths in order to have peace.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Well said...

Whats with all these people showing up with Angel avatars lately?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Marian and Jesus apparitions, like at Fatima.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

Marian and Jesus apparitions, like at Fatima.

Well, I guess I'm not sure what these apparitions are/were saying. But if you go back to the original post, there is an explanation there on the benefit of religion - and I agree with it.

Religion can be used as a stepping-stone into spirituality for someone who previously didn't have any knowledge of it. A person can use religion as an introduction to spirituality. They can start looking inward and begin to feel love, and they can have realization that they should be of service to their fellow man/woman and know that there are other realms (an afterlife, for example).

If religion hadn't been so corrupted by man, I believe it would have taught these basic things. Instead, man has introduced things like intolerance, subservience, and fear into it. But for those who can and will look past those things, religion can be an introduction into higher knowledge.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Well i will say this, I'll let you continue to think and believe what you want but as for me? I serve Yeshua the Christ (Jesus). My wife and I both. Jesus said he was the truth, the life and the way and i'll take him for his word. You don't have to, under the free will covenant that is your right to choose, no one's going to make that decision for you and no one is going to pay for it but you.

Shalom

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Maybe they’re really Angels, trying to lead people into the truth

Peace be with you…

- JC

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Well i will say this, I'll let you continue to think and believe what you want but as for me? I serve Yeshua the Christ (Jesus). My wife and I both. Jesus said he was the truth, the life and the way and i'll take him for his word. You don't have to, under the free will covenant that is your right to choose, no one's going to make that decision for you and no one is going to pay for it but you.

Shalom

Great. No problem from my end. I am not saying here that you shouldn't serve Jesus. The entire OP is not saying you shouldn't.

The point that the OP is trying to make is that we should be tolerant of other peoples' beliefs and to get along with each other even if we have a different religion. Isn't that what Jesus would do?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft
reply to post by Akragon

Peace be with you…

- JC

Thank you! I agree.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Anyone following the teachings of Christ is a Christian. Anyone can just wear a label, but that would be like a wolf in sheep's clothing, do not judge the tree (a person) by its appearance judge it by it's fruits (it's actions)....

This is the ONLY rule you HAVE to obey to get to heaven according to CHRIST himself:

"Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.. The commandments, 'You shall not commit adultery,' 'You shall not murder,' 'You shall not steal,' 'You shall not covet,' and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law."

The answer is RIGHT THERE and yet people do not see it. People use old bible verses to hate others to take advantage of others and even used the bible verses for slavery and yet, this one commandment could have solved all the problems!

Because my heart is full of love, I love my neighbor and I know deep down inside EVERYONE has a piece of love in their heart and I pray everyday that the love of man grows and grows and overflows, so much, that not only do they feel love, but it oozes out of them and spread out to the world.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Anyone following the teachings of Christ is a Christian. Anyone can just wear a label, but that would be like a wolf in sheep's clothing, do not judge the tree (a person) by its appearance judge it by it's fruits (it's actions)....

This is the ONLY rule you HAVE to obey to get to heaven according to CHRIST himself:

"Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.. The commandments, 'You shall not commit adultery,' 'You shall not murder,' 'You shall not steal,' 'You shall not covet,' and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law."

The answer is RIGHT THERE and yet people do not see it. People use old bible verses to hate others to take advantage of others and even used the bible verses for slavery and yet, this one commandment could have solved all the problems!

Because my heart is full of love, I love my neighbor and I know deep down inside EVERYONE has a piece of love in their heart and I pray everyday that the love of man grows and grows and overflows, so much, that not only do they feel love, but it oozes out of them and spread out to the world.

Beautifully said, thank you !

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft
reply to post by Akragon

Peace be with you…

- JC

Perhaps...

I know of at least one person whos tried to convince me of this... it hasn't worked as of yet...

Though, perhaps they are people using this specific avatar style to attempt to add weight to their bibical arguements...

Similar to the people that have Jesus or the bibical aspects within their avatar... Most of which have shown they actually lack understanding of their own book.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Shalom

Great. No problem from my end. I am not saying here that you shouldn't serve Jesus. The entire OP is not saying you shouldn't.

The point that the OP is trying to make is that we should be tolerant of other peoples' beliefs and to get along with each other even if we have a different religion. Isn't that what Jesus would do?

Good question. The answer is no, if that was what Jesus wanted he would never have bothered to convert the jews at all, he would have just left them to their beliefs and allow them to perish. He came to be the light of the world to all people, but sadly many to this day reject him even now. His death on the cross would be wasted if no one believed in him. Jesus didn;t say he came bearing peace, he said he came bearing a sword, the sword of truth (not the Terry Goodkind version). Jesus would have never said a word or bothered to preach if he didn't want change to come about.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Perhaps...

I know of at least one person whos tried to convince me of this... it hasn't worked as of yet...

I wonder who that could be lol

Though, perhaps they are people using this specific avatar style to attempt to add weight to their bibical arguements...

Yes, best to weigh them on the content of their posts, and not their avatars…

Similar to the people that have Jesus or the bibical aspects within their avatar... Most of which have shown they actually lack understanding of their own book.

All I can say in defense of those people is “it’s difficult too see straight, when you fall in love lol”

From my own perspective, I started out with the question; which religious denomination can honestly stand up and say it has the whole complete truth? And regardless of the answer to that important question and the many roads it leads too; it had already started to have an impact on my humility and search for truth.

- JC

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

All I can say in defense of those people is “it’s difficult too see straight, when you fall in love lol”

From my own perspective, I started out with the question; which religious denomination can honestly stand up and say it has the whole complete truth? And regardless of the answer to that important question and the many roads it leads too; it had already started to have an impact on my humility and search for truth.

Its easy to "fall in love" with error when you're being pushed by your peers...

If you want to find complete truth, love IS the path... examplified by Jesus...

Read his words and you will find truth.... for they are pure truth. And no one has yet to prove me wrong

edit on 7-12-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Its easy to "fall in love" with error when you're being pushed by your peers...

I don’t think anyone ever “falls in love” in error, but yes, when people are being pushed, they forget to actually search out those truths for themselves; all of which (truth) comes from within.

If you want to find complete truth, love IS the path... examplified by Jesus...
Read his words and you will find truth.... for they are pure truth. And no one as yet to prove me wrong

They are pure truth indeed. And believe it or not, I already believe in Jesus and that I am one of the sons of the living Father. The reason the truth can be found within, is because we all part of the living God; it’s just that most of us don’t know it yet.

Peace be with you Akragon...

- JC

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

well said my friend...

the error they fall in love with is the thought that "the bible" is the entire truth, or "Gods word"... This is incorrect... IF it were true there would be no contradictions... no falacy within its pages...

This ideal leads to judgement of others...

On the other hand i've found no error within the words of Jesus...

Gods truth is in the pages of the bible... but it is not "every word in the bible"

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

well said my friend...

the error they fall in love with is the thought that "the bible" is the entire truth, or "Gods word"... This is incorrect... IF it were true there would be no contradictions... no falacy within its pages...

This ideal leads to judgement of others...

On the other hand i've found no error within the words of Jesus...

Gods truth is in the pages of the bible... but it is not "every word in the bible"

Well said!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
nice thread! i wish these luciferians can have an NDE so thy can stop destroying humanity and use their great resources for good!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join