It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry babe, but you do have a penis....... [WTB]

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Thank you for sharing your story. What I don't understand is: we are in an age where fathers are taking more of an interrest in their children because more mothers are working and yet society gets suspicious of the fathers enjoying spending time with their children. CRAZY!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

When my wife got home from work that day I relayed the days unfortunate events to her. “Do I look like a paedophile?” I asked her “Maybe I should have brought down grandpa’s plastic raincoat, god damn morons....”

“I'm sorry baby, I know you’re not going to want to hear this, but the fact is you do have a dick........ No one ever trusts guys around children”.

What kind of society do we now live in when a man is first assumed to be a sexual predator above the far more likely scenario that he is a father? What kind of message does this send out to guys that society itself does not trust you to be in control of your own sexual urges. Does treating every man as a potential rapist or child molester in fact exacerbate the problem? By saying that, because you are a man, because you posses a certain piece of anatomy, we do not expect you to be able exercise any self control; are we in fact creating that which we fear the most?

Many times when I’ve entered into a ‘mother’s’ room at the local shopping centre to change a nappy, I feel the stares of other mothers boring holes into my back. Some women look at me with intrigue that a father would actually be the one changing the nappy. Others look at me as if I just walked into some holy female sanctum with the sole intent of ogling some flesh as they breast-feed their kids and desperately try and re-adjust their muslin wraps. Often when I’ve changed my girl’s nappy somewhere in public, or changed her after going for a swim, I’ve noticed some (usually older) woman staring down at me disapprovingly.

Has society become so normalised to the media’s ratings focus on tales of child sexual abuse that every male is viewed as a sexual predator just waiting for an opportunity to strike?

Canada is the most progressive when it comes to combating the myth that women can't be pedophiles. See here> www.canadiancrc.com...

I had two different teachers and one career counselor all female when I was back in jr. high and high school proposition me. One was my 8th grade art teacher. Another my sophomore English teacher and a career counselor the same year. The art teacher said a chalk sketch I did looked like it could be construed as a DK and balls lined up with a gaping pussy followed with a comment "that could be us with a wink." My English teacher had me stay after for some ridiculous reason bla bla a bunch of nothing. Then asked me for a hug stating that it hurt her having to call me on what she had me stay over for. She hugged me and began to rub my back. Started saying how good it felt to hug me. That I needed to find a girlfriend who was mature and able to have true feeling for me. Creeeeepy! Those two were not bad looking just that they were both old enough to be my mother. The counselor was old enough to be my grandmother though. That was the same deal. Hug and something about I "should practice having a girlfriend within a healthy context of role playing" in short "sex."

So I know firsthand this s-t goes on. My experience occurred some thirty years ago. No witnesses so how was I ever going to report anything? Plus I didn't feel threatened in anyway. I was more than able to play it off like it was nothing. However there are those who may not have been able too. I used quick whit. That is defusing the advances through humor and distraction which I employed in extricating myself from those situations.

Bottom line women think they have some sort of modern cultural permission to make passes at kids, and be pedophiles because of the very things you have pointed out which is the mythology that women can't be pedophiles. And if they are the sick idea that the victims are somehow lucky adding to society's dysfunctional attitude toward female sex offenders. This allows them to operate for the most part without detection as victims often do not report such victimization due to such systemic dysfunctional cultural attitudes.

edit on 10-12-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousEyes1
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Thank you for sharing your story. What I don't understand is: we are in an age where fathers are taking more of an interrest in their children because more mothers are working and yet society gets suspicious of the fathers enjoying spending time with their children. CRAZY!

Thanks for your reply. We are definitely living in changing times but one of those changes is the availibility of information about everything. The media who seems to now only chase ratings then concentrates on those stories which will best achieve that. And nothing makes people stop and listen a little longer like a stroy on child abuse.

I'm not denying it happens, I know personally that it happens. But when all you see is bad news it then reinforces some peoples extreme view on things such as the world is a horrible evil place and no man can be trusted.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Bottom line women think they have some sort of modern cultural permission to make passes at kids, and be pedophiles because of the very things you have pointed out which is the mythology that women can't be pedophiles. And if they are the sick idea that the victims are somehow lucky adding to society's dysfunctional attitude toward female sex offenders. This allows them to operate for the most part without detection as victims often do not report such victimization due to such systemic dysfunctional cultural attitudes.

I have no doubt you are right, the incidences of female-boy pedophilia would definitely be under reported. And it is often societies view that the boy is somehow 'lucky' to have the affections of an older experienced female.

Just another example of how screwed up traditional sterotypes are......

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
First of all thanks for sharing your story, OP! It definitely displays a male´s point of view.

I think any person good at heart, innocent playing or hanging with kids would be pissed and/or hurt.
It's too bad tho you left while your kids were enjoying their daddy-day - but totally understandable.

Those people could've acted differently for sure, the way they did was offensive!

However The whole pedophile situation going on in the world freaks out most people because fo the fact that you really can't tell by one's nose who might try to harm your / a kid.
To me having sexual desire towards a child isn't natural at all and it really gets to me ( never been abused ).

As one wrote before a degree of fear / state of alert towards "bad men" is always inbedded in girls and because of the media crap people expand that fear to cover ALL men. Not a good thing.

But what ticks me off is that the modern society is all about letting children dress up as adults. What do you expect if you present your child to the world as a piece of pretty meat like those kid pageants ?! DISGUSTING! What if you let you kid dance and shake their scrawny booty's as adults would? Why allow kids to wear make up - bikini thongs ( YES THOSE ARE AVAILABLE FOR KIDS ). Kid models that try to look sexy I mean what in the world are you thinking? It's a twisted way of thinking, promotingTHAT what should be promoted.Kids should be kids as long as possible flat shoes, pigtails and bangs, no make up....
I

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lykantroph11

But what ticks me off is that the modern society is all about letting children dress up as adults. What do you expect if you present your child to the world as a piece of pretty meat like those kid pageants ?! DISGUSTING! What if you let you kid dance and shake their scrawny booty's as adults would? Why allow kids to wear make up - bikini thongs ( YES THOSE ARE AVAILABLE FOR KIDS ). Kid models that try to look sexy I mean what in the world are you thinking? It's a twisted way of thinking, promotingTHAT what should be promoted.Kids should be kids as long as possible flat shoes, pigtails and bangs, no make up....

You make a great point and one that hasn't been raised in this thread yet.

As the world increases it's paranoia against dirty old men (or just men in general) it continues to sexualize preteen girls to the point where they have gone beyond the traditional (yet still disturbing) child beauty pageant and have moved on to the catwalk with all the big girls (i.e. girls over the age of 16). Maybe it's too many hormones in chicken idk, I suspect it's probably a lot more; but I find it increasingly difficult to judge the age of anyone, particularly females aged between 12 and 21. I almost always guess older than they actually are.

I would also like to add to your list 13 year old models, child pageants, miley cyrus and today's music videos which thrive off the preteen/teenage dollar and contain nothing but some rapper and his 'bitches' shaking it.

These music video's are an indirect form of what you speak of as they are directly aimed at young people and reinforce a number of negative stereotypes in the minds of young males and females. The annoying thing is that kid's love them, and they're everywhere.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This truly is a sad state of affairs.

On one hand, it is nice to know that people are on the lookout for creepers..but this is taking it too far. If I honestly thought a man was taking pics of young kids on the beach, and it seemed "off"..I would observe for a while before jumping to conclusions. As a woman who was raised by a single mom, I am naturally more aware of the people around me. We had to be street smart growing up.

So many people now have TV reality coursing through their neurons..they are basically trained to suspect everyone else. Sort of reminds me of 1984.

What is sad, however..is growing up in the 80's, kids were so much smarter then. We knew who to trust in the neighborhood, and who did not belong. I used to go chat up neighbor guys who would impart various teachings..
The old man across the street, Aubrey, would tell me stories of being a kid in the 20's. He would let me play with his pet rabbit. Another man on the other side showed me how to add stuff to my bike to make noise. Up the street was a guy who showed us kids how to make firecrackers (haha..nice) and so on..
Heck, I even remember a guy taking a bunch of us in the back of his pickup truck to Hardee's for softserve.
But RIGHT next door was a total weirdo and we just knew that we avoided him..that was it.

My husband grew up in Tunisia at the same time period and spoke of when kids ruled the streets (safety in numbers) and actually the adults were more afraid of roving bands of kids.. Since everyone was close-knit, you could spot a stranger from a mile off and by the time that guy got into town, everyone and their brother knew about it.

How times have changed. So few of us now, in just a few short decades, have any connection to those we live around. I believe that has been our collective undoing, in many ways.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Being a woman I take things for granted, touching story.

Will there come a day that images of babies and children in catalogues will be removed because of the paranoia that it will incite pedophilia?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I'm glad you take your kids out and have good, clean fun with them, OP.

When my son was about 2 years old, he had to go into hospital to have, what was described as a tiny piece of glass (which I think was actually a grain of sand) out of his eye.

He was just so tiny and frightened and brave.When he came out of theatre, and the nursing staff said I could sit on the wheely-bed thing with him as he was being pushed down the corridor, as I expect most mums would do, I put both my arms around his whole little body and snuggled him to me. At that moment, one of the nurses - a woman mind - started giving me the evil eye. I realised she was looking where one of my hands was placed unwittingly on his bum. I moved that hand, and she dropped her glare. I immediately realised what filth was going through her mind, and was livid. I said nothing, knowing that if I did, my protestations and animosity could lead to to something ugly escalating, but I can just imagine what you were feeling as a result of your encounter.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join