It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking............Iran military downs US spy drone

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Babbleman
Apparently drones don't have aggressive capabilities so I imagine the Americans will be pretty pissed off about this. Not to mention it works out in their favor, war would be better sooner rather than later for americans due to their belief that Iran is close to Nuclear armament.

Quite a bold move on the behalf of the Iranians.

One way or another this tension is rising rapidly now.

It's not a bold move. It's standard procedure for any country that doesn't authorize US aircraft to operate in its airspace.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

They downed that drone in IRANIAN AIRSPACE!!!! What part of it you do not understand???? Any country would do it! Or American drones have free pass in any country???? How old are you, 14?

Congratulations your post just gave me hemorrhoids

How is it a bold move sir?

The Americans can quite easily claim an attack on American military equipment is an attack on America, thus a step closer to war.

Again I have not yet given my opinion on the matter. Nor have I yet taken sides. Not only that but it's irrelevant.

EDIT: If you guys MUST know I have been on the side of Iran since day one. Nevertheless I try to be impartial.

I made an opinion on the situation: iraniuns hav shut donw merika airplane thinyg dis menes we r clsur 2 wor

nao do u guise understad?
edit on 4-12-2011 by Babbleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

but they state it, they don't attribute it to the military us or iran claiming it

or am I reading it wrong ?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Babbleman

The Americans can quite easily claim an attack on American military equipment is an attack on America, thus a step closer to war.

Not even the warmongers in Washington would be stupid enough to claim an American drone that got shot down while invading Iranian airspace as an act of war. If anything this is an act of war on Washington's behalf.

From what I have seen Washington usually completely denies these drone attacks/intrusions or declares them as self defense. Ask the people of Pakistan/Afghanista, they have been enduring American drone strikes for a decade now.

The U.S. doesn't like losing these drones, but they're expendable.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

ETA: I apologize to you Babbleman. I misquoted you about the other thread.I mistook you for someone else and you were actually defending Iran in the other thread so please accept my apologies of my incorrect accusation.
edit on 4-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Earlier today I saw you in a different thread supporting the Zionists in Israel

WHAT?!

WHAAAAAAA

Please link me to this.

I think you'll find I stated that my opinion was the only peaceful solution to Israel/Palestine is a two-state solution.

PEACEFUL solution.

Again, I didn't give a personal opinion, I gave an opinion on the situation.

If it was up to me things would be very different.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

ETA: I apologize to you Babbleman. I misquoted you about the other thread.I mistook you for someone else and you were actually defending Iran in the other thread so please accept my apologies of my incorrect accusation.

sorry I posted my last post already.

No worries, man.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I appear to have created a double thread

the earliest thread which has more info is here

US drone shot down over Iran nuke site earlier

apologies

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

They downed that drone in IRANIAN AIRSPACE!!!! What part of it you do not understand???? Any country would do it! Or American drones have free pass in any country???? How old are you, 14?

Congratulations your post just gave me hemorrhoids

How is it a bold move sir?

Again I have not yet given my opinion on the matter. Nor have I yet taken sides. Not only that but it's irrelevant.

EDIT: If you guys MUST know I have been on the side of Iran since day one. Nevertheless I try to be impartial.

I made an opinion on the situation: iraniuns hav shut donw merika airplane thinyg dis menes we r clsur 2 wor

nao do u guise understad?

Could you please kindly issue a UN addressed memorandum describing the RIGHT course of actions upon seeing American military equipment in your airspace, land or international waters for the countries honored by such event? According to you it should be apologies with the deepest regrets and national celebration, right?
edit on 4-12-2011 by PURIFIER because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ukWolf

the article states it was shot down, iranian authorities confiscated it and reported it to the state news agency, who in turn broadcasted it worldwide.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by POPtheKlEEN89
here is the RQ-170

so if its stealth, and you cant pick it up on radar, i wonder what they thought when they saw this over their heads?

edit on 4-12-2011 by POPtheKlEEN89 because: (no reason given)

There is no such thing as invisible on radar. The term stealth is used about planes that have reduced radar cross-section. A paraglider is not invisible to radar, even though it is much more difficult to detect than a f22

It would be foolish to assume Iran had no capabilities to down stealth aircraft.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

The RQ-170 Sentinel is an unmanned stealth aircraft used for reconnaissance. It is not designed to carry weapons.

How in God's name did you come to that conclusion? I didn't even give a biased opinion for or against Iran.

Start your flame wars with someone else.

Do you not know what "reconnaissance" means? When a drone is conducting recon in a designated enemy territory, they are designating targets.

This is like the third time this week that I have encountered people backing Americans full hilt because their weapons aren't designed to be offensive in themselves, without accepting the fact that such weapons are used in a strategy that is most certainly offensive. Perhaps you guys should stop drinking tap water for a little while

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ukWolf
I appear to have created a double thread

the earliest thread which has more info is here

US drone shot down over Iran nuke site earlier

apologies

The earlier thread is from July.

You're still all good

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by POPtheKlEEN89
probably attempting to avoid more "accidents" like this..

www.presstv.ir...

www.aljazeera.com...

www.examiner.com...
(and so many more examples i cant even begin to find the energy to post!)

guaranteed ATS is on ONE of those desktops.

I just don't believe those incidents were accidents, I think what they call it is "collateral damage. Say if they are trying to get a man really bad, and he proves elusive. They may kill a friend of his, then strike the funeral to get their man. So what if others are killed in the process? These people have no heart.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

This is like the third time this week that I have encountered people backing Americans full hilt

And this is the FOURTH time in THIS THREAD I have had to state I have no shown bias towards either side until my last post where I admitted to being on the side of Iran.

EDIT: Seeing as how you thought I was on the side of America, I'll take that as a compliment of my impartial posting abilities.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Wikipedia says the electronic unit took control over it and landed it. Not that it got shot down.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

This is like the third time this week that I have encountered people backing Americans full hilt

And this is the FOURTH time in THIS THREAD I have had to state I have no shown bias towards either side until my last post where I admitted to being on the side of Iran.

Dude, you posted that Iran was wrong for shooting down an American recon drone flying in its airspace.

Don't need your truth, don't need your lies

Jepic-
Wikipedia says the electronic unit took control over it and landed it. Not that it got shot down.

Now THAT is impressive... Unless this drone is actually a trojan horse.
edit on 4-12-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Dude, you posted that Iran was wrong for shooting down an American recon drone flying in its airspace.

NO. I DIDN'T.

I SAID IT WAS BOLD OF THEM.

THEY DIRECTLY ATTACKED AMERICAN AIRCRAFT.

bold/bōld/
Adjective:
(of a person, action, or idea) Showing an ability to take risks; confident and courageous.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Iran says its response to US drone violation of its airspace will be carried out outside Iran's borders, Fars agency reports - @Reuters

Source

I can't find this report on Fars News though.

english.farsnews.com...

I doubt Iran would make such bold threats, unless they mean economic warfare such as hoarding their oil and maybe shutting down the Strait of Hormuz.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It happened before, will happen again.

I don't think this will start the Iran war...

But this is more concerning :

IRAN SAYS ITS RESPONSE TO U.S. DRONE VIOLATION OF ITS AIRSPACE WILL BE CARRIED OUT OUTSIDE IRAN'S BORDERS- FARS AGENCY

Hopefully it's just for domestic propaganda.

But seriously, since Bush approved cover ops inside Iran in 2005, Iran has been taking it again and again without fighting much back (because they can't really)... if it were Russia assassinating US scientists and blowing military bases up and the US government did nothing how would you feel? Same thing happening in Iran...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join