It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking............Iran military downs US spy drone

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Being reported Press.tv in Iran and also gets sky mention

Very little else so far

Iran military downs US spy drone

Dangerous times we live in today

ETA - It could of course, just have strayed off course and the Military lost control of it....we await the fuller picture and an explanation
edit on 4-12-2011 by ukWolf because: As Above

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ukWolf

The Persians had every right to take it down if thats what happened.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
probably attempting to avoid more "accidents" like this..

www.presstv.ir...

www.aljazeera.com...

www.examiner.com...
(and so many more examples i cant even begin to find the energy to post!)

guaranteed ATS is on ONE of those desktops.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Apparently drones don't have aggressive capabilities so I imagine the Americans will be pretty pissed off about this. Not to mention it works out in their favor, war would be better sooner rather than later for americans due to their belief that Iran is close to Nuclear armament.

Quite a bold move on the behalf of the Iranians.

One way or another this tension is rising rapidly now.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Babbleman

Apparently drones don't have aggressive capabilities

Do you have some fact to back up that statement?

Thank you
peace

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Babbleman
Apparently drones don't have aggressive capabilities so I imagine the Americans will be pretty pissed off about this. Not to mention it works out in their favor, war would be better sooner rather than later for americans due to their belief that Iran is close to Nuclear armament.

According to your statement it would be perfectly OK for Iranian drone flying over Washington. What a perfect example of double standards.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

So its OK for the US Government and NATO to slaughter 24 Pakistani soldiers and get away with it, but if Iran shoots their drones down, its a justification for World War 3.

edit on 4-12-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Quite a bold move on the behalf of the Iranians

The opposite, quite a bold move by the the damn Americans...
Americans has no reasons to be pissed about it, it was THEY who invaded Iranian airspace!

link   

i dont think it matters whether it was armed or not, NorCom would have done the same thing.

link   
They have every right to do this. Iran should see this as an act of war if they do not get an apology. You won't accidentally send a spy drone to spy on other countries.

link   

Originally posted by silo13

Thank you
peace

news.sky.com...

The RQ-170 Sentinel is an unmanned stealth aircraft used for reconnaissance. It is not designed to carry weapons.

According to your statement it would be perfectly OK for Iranian drone flying over Washington. What a perfect example of double standards.

How in God's name did you come to that conclusion? I didn't even give a biased opinion for or against Iran.

Start your flame wars with someone else.

EDIT:

Why the hell has everyone jumped on me?

The Iranians have just shot down a U.S drone, how is this NOT a bold statement on their behalf? Clearly they have no problem 'moving up to the next level'.

I neither justified it nor attacked it.
edit on 4-12-2011 by Babbleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

You're joking right?

Iran has EVERY right to shoot down any craft that invades it's airspace.

This does not work in the American's favor. If anything it makes Washington look like a bunch of fools.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Well if the Iranians are dropping these drones with ease it should make the US and Israel think twice about makin an attack with manned planes.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

You're joking right?

This does not work in the American's favor. If anything it makes Washington look like a bunch of fools.

Read carefully.

I DID NOT GIVE MY OPINION ON WHETHER IT IS RIGHT OR WRONG OF THEM TO DO THIS.

I MADE AN OPINION ON THE SITUATION.

link   
reply to post by ukWolf

I can't see anything coming of this... Too minor of an incident with no real serious consequences other than some property damage... Big deal... Judge Judy would say if you don't like your toys being broken in my back yard, then keep your toys out of my backyard...

This may have just been a "testing the waters" type thing where the CIA wants to keep tabs on the American public's reaction to possible escalations in Iran. If the public start to get up in arms over something like this, then the CIA can move forward to the next step towards their major false flag event to push the public's anger over the edge and justify an Israeli attack with American support and backup (including full financial support of course) on Iran.

link   
here is the RQ-170

so if its stealth, and you cant pick it up on radar, i wonder what they thought when they saw this over their heads?

edit on 4-12-2011 by POPtheKlEEN89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Thank you
peace

news.sky.com...

The RQ-170 Sentinel is an unmanned stealth aircraft used for reconnaissance. It is not designed to carry weapons.

How in God's name did you come to that conclusion? I didn't even give a biased opinion for or against Iran.

Start your flame wars with someone else.

EDIT:

Why the hell has everyone jumped on me?

The Iranians have just shot down a U.S drone, how is this NOT a bold statement on their behalf? Clearly they have no problem 'moving up to the next level'.

I neither justified it nor attacked it.
edit on 4-12-2011 by Babbleman because: (no reason given)

They downed that drone in IRANIAN AIRSPACE!!!! What part of it you do not understand???? Any country would do it! Or American drones have free pass in any country???? How old are you, 14?
edit on 4-12-2011 by PURIFIER because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

You're joking right?

Read carefully.

I DID NOT GIVE MY OPINION ON WHETHER IT IS RIGHT OR WRONG OF THEM TO DO THIS.

I MADE AN OPINION ON THE SITUATION.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How is it a bold move sir?
edit on 4-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Sky have a small piece on this now

sky

How they know what model drone it was is not clear, they don't seem to source that assertion

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ukWolf

"Iran's military has downed an intruding RQ-170 American drone in eastern Iran,"

news.sky.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join