It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking............Iran military downs US spy drone

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Why would a recon drone carry missiles?
That just makes no sense.

The fact is the US just committed an act of war. They used military equipment to invade another countries airspace and only an idiot would say Iran is the aggressor here or they are in the wrong.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
That just makes no sense.

The fact is the US just committed an act of war. They used military equipment to invade another countries airspace and only an idiot would say Iran is the aggressor here or they are in the wrong.

Read my post, and see if you want to call anyone an idiot.

Just maybe-- a few people have thought this through a bit more than you?

All spying can be seen as an "act of war" ... but it isn't.

Do you not think Iran has spies in the US? Then, Iran has created an "act of war"-- so has every other modern nation-- including the UK. In which case, using your definition-- the war is on and everybody started it. In which case, all your post means is that you have chosen sides. I'm sure you would be much happier living in Iran or at least under their rule.

And speaking of which-- this whole Middle East verses Israel thing-- you know, the UK started this (not that there were any viable options) and asked the US to help. So quit your whining about the US aggression.

And another thing-- since I got riled! ...

Off the top of my head, when attacked, we have always given back all territory we have gained in the ensuing war-- so everyone can just knock it off with the "American Imperialism" thing, because I, for one of many, now regret having done so with France and Germany.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Iran military downs US spy drone

Hey Military Commanders. Please take more defensive actions to not get shot down over Iran. My Federal income tax dollars for the last 20 years were just wasted on than one drone. Hope to see better counter measures.

Truely yours ...
Just some random poster on the internets.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
If this is true, then Iran are well within their rights to shoot it down, it will send a message to America to think twice. They used a spy plane during the Cold War in the 1960's on Russia and look how that turned out.
edit on 4/12/11 by JoshuaUK92 because: Mistaken fact

edit on 4/12/11 by JoshuaUK92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ukWolf

This is the framing of a new pretext to go to war...The troops aren't leaving Iraq and Afghanistan they are going to free the good people of Iran soon. Once this conflict begins oil will hit an ultimate high and make that Canadian Tar Sand extraction scheme sound even more feasible. It's all part of the show.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
If they were REALLY over Iran to do reconnaissance for a strike-(they were not near any sites, hell it may have NOT happened.. we don't know yet)

BUT.. If you're gonna use a spy-plane, resurrect the SR71 Blackbird... They fly so high (100,000ft) and are amazing.. I am still pissed they retired them

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Babbleman

The Americans can quite easily claim an attack on American military equipment is an attack on America, thus a step closer to war.

And an american drone over Iranian airspace is not an act of war?

So... Americans were perfectly justified in having spies flying over Iran, but for Iran to attack those spies is an "act of war" and a "bold move"

Hell, if there was a drone spying on my backyard id shoot that sucker down... and im not even at war with the US.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
RussiaToday

Pretty good video:
rt.com...

edit on 4-12-2011 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Flyer

Are you kidding?... that is like someone from the 1940's asking why a plane would carry bombs...LOL!!!!!

2nd.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
You know when you guys argue about this stuff.WW2 and the jewish holocaust is somehow ignored by you guys.I guess people get lost in hot headed debating.Israel and the jews and the rest of the entire world who supports Israel is not gonna suddenly ignore WW2 and the NAZI movement that mass murdered jews.

Not like anti-semetism is gone and those days are over.Hard to tell what will happen,clearly things are getting out of control and dangerous.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
You know when you guys argue about this stuff.WW2 and the jewish holocaust is somehow ignored by you guys.I guess people get lost in hot headed debating.Israel and the jews and the rest of the entire world who supports Israel is not gonna suddenly ignore WW2 and the NAZI movement that mass murdered jews.

Not like anti-semetism is gone and those days are over.Hard to tell what will happen,clearly things are getting out of control and dangerous.

What does WWII or Jews have to do with any of this? Anti-semetism is somehow produced when we question why the US was sending recon drones over Iranian territory?

People like you who moan about the holocaust as being justification for everything Israel and the US does in support of it, fail to even recognize the years in between WWII and now when the UK and US instilled a brutal dictatorship in Iran just to secure its oil.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I doubt "forever" that it strayed off course...there is such a safety margin allowed on the range of their transmitters and receivers that it would be "impossible"....and there are always more than ONE safety back up of ANY on board electronics you can bet on that :-) This Drone was heading directly where it was pointed....if not, after a set time of lost signal it would have been set for "self-destruct" by failsafe software to keep the secret of our technology if it crashed landed or even wander off.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

I feel what you said was a "partial" truth....we DID invade their airspace intentionally with a SPY mission.
But I wouldn't consider that an act of war...only intent to deceive.

We want to know if we have rightful reason to go spank that a$$.
And where to put our "caps".....

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ukWolf

it was given to them to down load a virus. you know like, Independence day with will farrell.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I think that's an engine intake mate, not a cockpit.

2nd line.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

Off the top of my head, when attacked, we have always given back all territory we have gained in the ensuing war-- so everyone can just knock it off with the "American Imperialism" thing, because I, for one of many, now regret having done so with France and Germany.

Oh really?

I'm sure the Indian nations of America are going to be pleased the US government is going to give them THEIR lands back...bit of a delay though, don't ya think?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by Frira

Oh really?

I'm sure the Indian nations of America are going to be pleased the US government is going to give them THEIR lands back...bit of a delay though, don't ya think?

Yeah, well, my ancestors were happily and peacefully stacking mud, when the Normans had to come and spoil it all. And do I hear any outcry from the world? Nooooooo!

But why don't you go ask, Japan, Germany and Italy-- because that was my point and the context of the discussion.

Exactly how old was the post I wrote which prompted your un-timely snarkiness, anyway?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join