Earth is a self-aware living creature

page: 14
180
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp
 


But what is awareness anyway? Imagine you are sitting at a park and there is a man, just sitting completely still with his eyes closed. you stare at him awhile and he doesn't react beyond his basic functions (eg breathing), so you think he isn't aware you are staring at him. you watch people walk past him, and he doesn't react at all, so you think he isn't aware of what is going on around him. it starts raining and still he doesn't move, so you think he isn't aware of the environment. Out of concern, you approach him, gently tap his shoulder and ask if he is ok, but he doesn't respond. Now as far as what appears to the outside observer, this man has neither self nor external awareness. In this instance the man was meditating and was in fact completely aware of everything that happened, however felt no need to respond to the circumstances. Unless you have a conversation with him afterwards of course you will think he lacks self awareness as according to your observations he did not show any signs of awareness, however if you have a conversation with him he will say - yes I know you were staring at me, yes I know people walked passed me, yes I know it was raining, yes I know you asked if I was okay.
Same can be said about unresponsive children - one might think they are deaf and that they are unaware of what is being said only to find out latter that was not the case at all.
Starving people in Africa may be completely unaware to the fact that we are aware they are starving. someone sitting in a park may be unaware that someone is hiding in the bushes watching them, or perhaps the person hiding in the bushes is unaware to the fact that the person they are spying on is aware of their presence. awareness is just a matter of perspective - perhaps the earth is unaware that we aware?




posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

Originally posted by SirTFiedSkeptic

The sun is creating the gravity that is holding earth in its solar-orbit. Just as Earth's gravity keeps you and I down here stuck on earth. As much as you would like to think you have "freedom of motion" you don't.


Dude Yuri Gagarin called from 1961 he has something to tell you about "freedom of motion"...


yes yes and yet even when we break earths gravity we are still bound by the sun's then by the galaxies and then by and then by and then by...

you missed the point entirely really...the point being that everything acting is actually only "reacting" and that includes human beings.

-I could tell you "prove to me you can hop on one leg" and when you do so, all you have really done is react to my request...

-If you refuse to hop on one leg you are still reacting to my request...and have proven to me nothing of your ability to hop on one leg but only your ability to refuse a request.

-If you do something else entirely in protest you are still reacting to my request because you are doing something you otherwise wouldn't do for reasons you otherwise wouldn't have...

I truly don't think people are as in control of things as they believe and their refusal to admit so says a great deal about how their "self-awareness" works off denial...

I wonder if bacterial mutations reacting to antibiotics think they are self-aware in doing so...






I think what you have in mind is M-theory, or as you might know it, String theory. Yes, of course everything is 'connected', mainly by the fact that everything in our universe (in all probability there are more) follows the laws of physics. But that doesn't mean everything is alive- lots of things are not. And trust me, you're not the first one to get baked and think, "dude! What if our whole universe is just, like, a cell in the body of some huge creature!"



posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one
 



well, i don't need to look through you posts on ATS to know if you have knowledge on the power of the subconscious. If someone comes to work one morning and says she had a dream about certain person walking into work with a red Santa hat and it HAPPENS that doesn't mean their psychic. IT MEANS the day before that, same person was talking to someone else about wearing a red Santa hat and while your conscious mind didnt realize it, your subconscious picked it up. but hey, ignorance is bliss.

"they came straight from my brain's innate ability to recognize patterns and consistency in form/function."

go research the rest of your brains form and function and maybe your light bulb will switch on this time.

"Humans do not make themselves grow. They get bigger over time due to "genetic coding" and nutrition they eat, but they do not make themselves bigger...so this must mean humans aren't alive... "

Are you completely hopeless? AS I STATED BEFORE AND YOU ALREADY IGNORED living things CONSUME energy. THAT ENERGY is used to grow, reproduce and move. THIS IS NOT A THEORY its a fact. Your just a imbecile if your going to combat that. THE EARTH does NOT consume energy its a ROCK! living things on earth DO consume energy. Not earth itself. get it now?

"you just said the earth doesn't consume energy, then you gave a hypothetical (nothing living on earth)"

Incorrect. Dont post a stupid reply without even understanding mine in the first place. The earth does NOT, i repeat DOES NOT consume energy (fact). The living things ON earth do. If there was NO LIVING THINGS on earth that energy would be released.

I would continue quoting you but its a waste of time, your reply is invalid because you don't have the brain capacity to even comprehend what i am saying to you in the first place.

definition of life: the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

If you can prove the Earth does this, first of all your claiming to know more than scientists who spend their lives dedicated to bringing us facts. i would love to hear it. If not, give up and go learn something.
edit on 11-12-2011 by Nikkithegreat because: quoted wrong person



posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one
 


"The sun is creating the gravity that is holding earth in its solar-orbit. Just as Earth's gravity keeps you and I down here stuck on earth. As much as you would like to think you have "freedom of motion" you don't."

There is so much wrong with this i don't know where to start. Do proper research man.



posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This is something I have been interested in for a very long time. The evidence within ourselves paints a pretty clear picture, all the way from how our bodies are formed as a whole down to the organelles inside every single cell. I don't see why the process of smaller living things and organic communities couldn't or wouldn't exist at our level. Good post



posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one
 


How about using a site for you pictures / photos, whatever that doesn't care how much bandwidth is used when hosting them..... For all I know the pictures that were to go along with your post were naughty shots of Sarkozy and Merkel planting rutabagas in the nude, which then I'm glad are not showing up!!!



posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one
 


I did a post on this two years ago and got flamed............you get 137 stars.

People sure take a long time to wake up.



posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Sly1one
 


I did a post on this two years ago and got flamed............you get 137 stars.

People sure take a long time to wake up.



did you forget you already posted this?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

if you are referring to this thread you made:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
or
www.abovetopsecret.com...

the three threads aren't even comparable.



posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GardenerOfEden
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp
 


But what is awareness anyway? Imagine you are sitting at a park and there is a man, just sitting completely still with his eyes closed. you stare at him awhile and he doesn't react beyond his basic functions (eg breathing), so you think he isn't aware you are staring at him. you watch people walk past him, and he doesn't react at all, so you think he isn't aware of what is going on around him. it starts raining and still he doesn't move, so you think he isn't aware of the environment. Out of concern, you approach him, gently tap his shoulder and ask if he is ok, but he doesn't respond. Now as far as what appears to the outside observer, this man has neither self nor external awareness. In this instance the man was meditating and was in fact completely aware of everything that happened, however felt no need to respond to the circumstances. Unless you have a conversation with him afterwards of course you will think he lacks self awareness as according to your observations he did not show any signs of awareness, however if you have a conversation with him he will say - yes I know you were staring at me, yes I know people walked passed me, yes I know it was raining, yes I know you asked if I was okay.
Same can be said about unresponsive children - one might think they are deaf and that they are unaware of what is being said only to find out latter that was not the case at all.
Starving people in Africa may be completely unaware to the fact that we are aware they are starving. someone sitting in a park may be unaware that someone is hiding in the bushes watching them, or perhaps the person hiding in the bushes is unaware to the fact that the person they are spying on is aware of their presence. awareness is just a matter of perspective - perhaps the earth is unaware that we aware?


That is my point. If a man were to be unresponsive, we have no evidence of him being aware. Same goes for someone in a coma. Same goes for Earth. Without evidence, how can we claim something is aware?

With the man, however, we have seen examples of other people who are aware, so we still could make an inference that perhaps he is choosing to sit still. With the Earth, we have no evidence to make an inference like that at all. We cannot infer it, and we certainly can't deduce it due to the complete lack of evidence. So how can we presume it is aware?



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I think this spreads to not just our Earth But the entire Universe. I think the Universe is a conscious, living and self aware.



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp
 


We are limited to our understanding of Awareness and we can only view this reality from a very limited perspective. Because we can't "talk" to the Earth does no mean it is not Alive. The Earth gives life to all organisms. Could a mother give birth to a child if it was not a conscious living being?



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienvideos
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp
 


We are limited to our understanding of Awareness and we can only view this reality from a very limited perspective. Because we can't "talk" to the Earth does no mean it is not Alive. The Earth gives life to all organisms. Could a mother give birth to a child if it was not a conscious living being?


by that logic, no life exists anywhere else in the universe. Are you actually reading what you type?



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienvideos
I think this spreads to not just our Earth But the entire Universe. I think the Universe is a conscious, living and self aware.


Reminds me of some quote I read many years ago attributed to (I think) Descartes (whom my hippie, liberal, women's studies fanatic philosophy professor HATED having to teach us about [and yes I ended that sentence with a preposition just to piss her off on the 1/1000000 chance she reads this]):

We are bits of stars, we are part of the universe. Ergo, we are the universe trying to understand itself on some scale, however miniscule it may be.



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one
 


I was out walking the dog in the park today and stopped in front of a large tree. As it is winter now there aren't any leaves. As I looked up at it's magnificence I was over come with a feeling that it looked more like a nerve ending or something like that. Then I come home to read a thread like this.....wow so I'm not the only one who thinks like this, we should have treated our host better. I for one think it's too late and that She (Earth) will be getting rid of us in the near future....but enjoy while we can aye

Star and flag



posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Saw this on a different thread, thought I would post it here as it is very relevant...




posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Earth IS a living breathing creature
every summer whenever i bathe in the sun, i lay on the grass on my stomach and touch the warm grass with my palms and think me crazy, but i swear IT'S BREATHING



posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one
 


I was thinking like this....What if...There is more than one universe and like humans more than one and the galaxies and energies planets moons are its bacterias?What if the universe is just another organism living in ANOTHER HUGE UNIVERSE...?What if the cycles were infinite...WHAT IF EVERYTHING IN THIS ENORMOUS SHT LIVES!!?



posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one
 


Your ATS name says it all.

And who do you work for?



posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hWest
 


Starred.


Yes Mother Earth is a living breathing conscious being............we're just fleas on her back, sucking her blood.




new topics
top topics
 
180
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

log in

join