It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is NOT a copy from Pagan religions! Those are lies! Do research and do not believe!

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

My God is better than yours.

Seriously, I imagine all the great wisdom teachings and understanding to be like the adornments on a Christmas tree, with Christ as the star at it's apex. We ourselves are the gifts placed lovingly under its branches, but sadly they are gifts we are afraid to open.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Do you believe in the power of forgiveness to set people free..?

Yes, I do, as a matter of fact. Self forgiveness is a most noble act, looking at one's self in life's mirror and seeing what they have done, and forgiving themselves for misdeeds. Then and only then can one ask forgiveness from the offended party.

Being Free is something I am. I am a Sovereign man, and a Sovereign Spirit, and I bow down to no "Master," no "Lord," or any other being that happens to think it has power over me. Knowledge is Freedom, friend. Knowledge of the mechanics of the universe itself.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by colbe

My God is better than yours.

Seriously, I imagine all the great wisdom teachings and understanding to be like the adornments on a Christmas tree, with Christ as the star at it's apex. We ourselves are the gifts placed lovingly under its branches, but sadly they are gifts we are afraid to open.

New Age, hi,

Laugh at the fact Jesus established one Church and then say something beautiful and dear.

Some people, a lot of non-Catholic Christians are afraid to look at Christian history, especially early Church history.

Don't you love the Bible verses about "wisdom." One taken from the Gospel:

1 Corinthians 1:21
For seeing that in the wisdom of God the world, by wisdom, knew not God, it pleased God, by the foolishness of our preaching, to save them that believe.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Originally posted by LunaKat

Originally posted by colbe

Disbelievers, agnostics, atheists are like little children in a way. They object,
they protest and never add anything loving or positive themselves. Don't be
that way. They're like Christmas Scrooges.

colbe

Nothing positive? Nothing loving? Hmmm beg to differ. They make you think. They make you look at your conclusions in new ways to see how sound they are. They also sometimes help us lighten up a bit. I personally admire the atheist. They take what is usually viewed as a unpopular stand and stick by it, are willing to discuss it and unlike many in the various religions they aren't just paying lip service. We grow by being willing to talk with people not always like ourselves. Its all good.

Luna, hello,

"Unpopular stand"....to the loss of their souls ~!! Christians and Catholic Christians for 2000 years, keep trying and so does God to bring atheists to the Truth.

There's one God and He has revealed one plan. There is one true faith. The term "Religion" refers to something from man, from his head. There are hundreds of "religions" non-Christian and Christian. Maybe, there's some minor "grace" given in following a "religion" only because it may contain a "tiny bit" of God's Truth. Many "religions" though go against the God's revelation, as example, Islam.

have a blessed Advent and Christmas,

colbe

Hi Colbe, as I understand it and I could be wrong but Atheists have already found Truth. Their truth is that they don't believe in God. Might not be your truth or my truth but it is their truth. As far as God keeps trying to bring them to the truth. I don't know about that. I think we all have free will and that even when I was a Christian I believed God didn't interfere in that decision.

Agree that religion comes from man. Truth depends on who you ask. Truth also depends on what you accept as true. I'm not getting into which is better or worse Christianity or Islam or any particular one..not for me to decide. Rather I'm not interested in deciding that is probably more accurate.

Wish you a wonderful Yule

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Have you absolutely and unconditionally forgiven your mother? If so, can you visualize her being released from her torment? Could she become part of your honoring of the mother/goddess? I will never forget your describing that vision, and your apparent aloofness about it, and I'm here to remind you that the vision was yours, so relative to you, that's where she was, may it be past tense by the power of your forgiveness to set her free. Do you catch my drift? I wasn't talking about self forgiveness, but that of another, in this case, your mom. she needs it I think, and you do too, because there's still hatred and loathing in you for the xtain fundies.

edit on 8-12-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yes, I have forgiven her, she was brainwashed by religion, and knew now what she did. She knows better now, I think, for I hear she is not with her Father, my Grandfather, who was not religious at all, and happily went to the 4th dimension. It has been over 6 years, surely she has opened her eyes by now, and released the bad Karma she had gathered. Of course, if she, or anyone deems to stay there in the place of torment, then by all means go for it.

For future reference, I have a forgiving nature, and hold no grudges. I have no enemies save those who hate me. I find it hard to even become angry, and being mad for a long time is out of my scope of emotions. I project the Love I have for most all who will accept it, but there are some things I fight against every day. These are established things, not people.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

NewAgeMan you should of wrote autowrench in private about that matter. That was pretty low asking that here. Its not even on topic.

hugs autowrench
edit on 8-12-2011 by LunaKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

You're right, I apologize, and as a Christian, if I could, I would apologize on behalf of his mother, as I have an understanding of the confusion generated by the church.

I think autowrench is in fact a "chosen person" with certain skills and abilities, which places him in a position to perform a "great work", and one which includes a reconciliation in regards to this issue, and I wanted to see if he was willing, but it would have been better presented in a PM, I'm sorry.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I meant Jesus of Nazareth, initiated by John the Baptist and eventually crucified under Pontias Pilate. That one, but of course you knew what I was asking.. sigh.

Sigh...

And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a CITY of Galilee, named Nazareth, To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin’s name was Mary.
(Luke1.26,27)

And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city. And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the CITY of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; because he was of the house and lineage of David:
(Luke 2.3,4)

The KJV Bible states these events as facts. The Bible does not tell us a great deal about this "city," where it was exactly, and when it was founded. The fact is, no other source confirms that the place even existed in the 1st century AD.
Nazareth is not mentioned even once in the entire Old Testament. The Talmud, although it names 63 Galilean towns, knows nothing of Nazareth, nor does early rabbinic literature. No ancient historian or geographer mentions Nazareth. It is first noted at the beginning of the 4th century.

The expression 'Jesus of Nazareth' is actually a bad translation of the original Greek 'Jesous o Nazoraios'. More accurately, we should speak of 'Jesus the Nazarene' where Nazarene has a meaning quite unrelated to a place name. But just what is that meaning and how did it get applied to a small village? The highly ambiguous Hebrew root of the name is NZR. The 2nd century gnostic Gospel of Philip offers this explanation:

'The apostles that came before us called him Jesus Nazarene the Christ ..."Nazara" is the "Truth". Therefore 'Nazarene' is "The One of the Truth" ...'
– Gospel of Philip, 47.
source

So, if the town did not exist at the time, how then can Jesus be from there? Again the Jesus you know, the one you were taught about, is a combination of at least 16 men who, was born of a virgin, taught the people, performed magick, hated the establishment, was crucified. You speak of a composite savior, friend.
www.infidels.org...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

*All women* are the Goddess -- every shape, size, color and age. And men have an Inner Goddess.

You are exactly right in that. It took me awhile before I found the Goddess within, but I shall never forget the experience, and the feelings of the most pure love I felt. Women, everyone of you, are visible representations of the Divine Mother of us all. You might be interested in a few threads I wrote....

Vision about the Woman of Revelation 12

Let's All Face It, We Are God/Goddess

Mother Earth, Destroy, or Love?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
'God' does not operate an exclusionary universe/construct.

Any religion preaching exclusion, of any sort, is against 'God'...

Any religion preaching a doctrine of 'Us & Them', is against 'God'...

To refute the creation of God through exclusion is blindness in the absolute (both meanings)...

The creation of an adversary/adversaries is the abnegation of individual, personal responsibility through FREE WILL to further divide the creation into 'camps'...it is humans who have done this...

While Christ is an important messenger...the messages have been confused with the messengers, and the varacity, or not, of the existence of a messenger misses the point, in the extreme...

But..let's 'Babel' on about who existed, and didn't...and why, shall we?!

Akushla

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I have another view, touched on in this thread, and you're right that Nazareth doesn't neccessarily mean anything, and I've discovered that the gospels contain a lot of false and made up information, but that said, there is a character of Jesus, as an individual person in the midst of it, of this I am convinced. Sometime soon I'll put together my presentation, which by ordinary Christian standards would be deemed heretical, but which contains it's own sort of revelation, and magnificence.

The God of Jesus Christ is a God of love, who permeates and envelopes the whole of all creation as the "spirit of the universe". There is no need to demonize this understanding of and relationship to God, and no need to deny it, or flip things on it's head. The Roman church deserves much scorn however, for what it did with Jesus and how it used him and his enlightened understanding and awareness and his intentional fullfillment of prophecy.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I just wish people would stop dwelling on that he is a God, and instead think about the Message he left for us all. And stop saying, "Jesus said," nothing was written about what he said for many years, and no one really knows. But, the message is part of the collective consciousness, and can be accessed by anyone at any time. Certain people are born under a special set of Stars, and each has a special mission in life. Humans do not hear the wisdom, they would rather worship the man.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
I just wish people would stop dwelling on that he is a God, and instead think about the Message he left for us all. And stop saying, "Jesus said," nothing was written about what he said for many years, and no one really knows. But, the message is part of the collective consciousness, and can be accessed by anyone at any time. Certain people are born under a special set of Stars, and each has a special mission in life. Humans do not hear the wisdom, they would rather worship the man.

...and THIS is how heaven on earth will appear!

Akushla

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I'm with you on this autowrench, and again I would like to say that I am equally convinced that you have a "great work" (Magnum Opus) to perform, as do we all each in our own way.

There is something here, between the lines between the lines, here there and everywhere.

I believe the gospels, which can be read in one sitting, are worth another look, but with an open mind, and yes, a critical eye capable of evalulative discernment free from any sort of contemptuous bias prior to investigation.

And yes, there's a lot of suffering there, more than we know, both in the life of the great teacher, what I would call the authentic person on the other side of the myth, and in our own lifes, and family histories, which if they can be worked out, while we are still alive, and not simply recycled within the karmic wheel, then indeed that's a "great work" of the ages, and it's something we MUST do, both for our own selves and for our fellow man at the same time, since we are all deeply connected, in the collective unconsciousness, now becoming conscious, through me and you.

Re: Hell. I would ask those who can and who are able, to consider and imagine, and project, that there is no such place, and that it's all back on the karmic wheel, which also contains it's own predicament, but it's much more managable let us say.

Can a mere human being obliterate hell and "process" "satan"? Yes. It's been done before and it can and ultimately will be done again, of this too I am absolutely convinced from everything that I've seen and heard.

Best Regards, and God Bless,

Rob
aka NAM, a big nobody who's also someone special.

I love you all, very much.

edit on 9-12-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo. flaw repaired.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Whether the the myth has been plagiarized or its wholly original, it's still a myth.

When a man sets out to find a truth he has already defined, thats what he will find.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Gigatronix

If you've ever read any Joseph Cambell, you'll understand that most myths are "masks of God", and that there's usually some sort of historical truth in back of the myth, which gives it life and sustains it based on it's "congruency" with that which resonates with the reader and explorer of the myth and that is also rooted in human history. There is a historicity to the myth, but sure they are shrouded in the mists of time. Some of us are nevertheless interested in the exploration and the investigation, as we also search for our own truth and what it means to be a fully self-realized human being, and not just a cynic with an axe to grind.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Obviously the word Nazareth is the English name. Too often when we read the Bible and see city names, we have to understand the original names. Actually the Nazarites are mentioned in the OT, and a group of men who were called the Nazarites took a vow never to drink wine or cut their hair unless it was debt.

Nazareth (play /ˈnæzərəθ/; Hebrew: נָצְרַת‎‎, Natzrat or Natzeret; Arabic: الناصرة‎ al-Nāṣira or al-Naseriyye) is the largest city in the North District of Israel.

It was always a city in North Israel, but today the town is under Arab control. The Nazarites were a religious group that lived in the area, that is how the name was given.

Numbers 6:1-21 Again the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, "Speak to the sons of Israel and say to them, 'When a man or woman makes a special vow, the vow of a Nazirite, to dedicate himself to the LORD, 'he shall abstain from wine and strong drink; he shall drink no vinegar, whether made from wine or strong drink, nor shall he drink any grape juice nor eat fresh or dried grapes. 'All the days of his separation he shall not eat anything that is produced by the grape vine, from the seeds even to the skin. "All the days of his vow of separation no razor shall pass over his head. He shall be holy until the days are fulfilled for which he separated himself to the LORD; he shall let the locks of hair on his head grow long. 'All the days of his separation to the LORD he shall not go near to a dead person. 'He shall not make himself unclean for his father or for his mother, for his brother or for his sister, when they die, because his separation to God is on his head. 'All the days of his separation he is holy to the LORD.

The word Nazarite was found in the OT, it was applied to a group of people. Where these people lived eventually identified the area. It is like saying "We live over there" and then there becomes the name of the place.

Even England obtained its name that way, the Romans recorded that Angles lived there and it became known as The Land of Angles.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Gigatronix

If you've ever read any Joseph Cambell, you'll understand that most myths are "masks of God", and that there's usually some sort of historical truth in back of the myth, which gives it life and sustains it based on it's "congruency" with that which resonates with the reader and explorer of the myth and that is also rooted in human history. There is a historicity to the myth, but sure they are shrouded in the mists of time. Some of us are nevertheless interested in the exploration and the investigation, as we also search for our own truth and what it means to be a fully self-realized human being, and not just a cynic with an axe to grind.
I totally get all that,really. Not exactly sure what you're getting at in relation to what I said.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
osiris,

do your research! The story never matches, over time things will change.

www.egyptorigins.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join