It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is NOT a copy from Pagan religions! Those are lies! Do research and do not believe!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by LunaKat

If you do not worship the God of Noah, then you worship satan by default. Preaching of hell is important, if you had a loved one was walking towards a cliff, wouldn't it only be right to warn them? If pastor is not preaching hell then they are not doing there job. Even Jesus mentioned hell more then he did heaven. This was for a very important reason. Satan's biggest deception is convincing people that hell doesn't exist, so he can steal your soul for eternity. All you have to do is look at all the evil in the world and it is clear there are dark forces at work that are controlling things.
edit on 3-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

That is a Christian belief that anyone who doesn't worship the God of Noah worships Satan. Get this --its really important-- Satan is part of the Christian pantheon. If a preacher stuck to preaching LOVE and God he'd have something. Problem is, they aren't too good with that so they always revert to yammering on and on about Satan. If I wanted to be a Satanist I'd start out belonging to one of the Christian churches. They sure do love that subject, can learn alot about him there.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Pagan or Christian, I find all of it to be rather unbelievable in any respect. I have yet to have anyone explain to me why I should believe some book simply because Christians say it is all that and a bag of chips. So a book says this, why is it believable? Why on earth should I believe a book filled with nonsense and a world of men who treated women poorly? I started reading it once as I was raised in a Christian family and never could get past Deuteronomy without utter disgust!

Ignorance and fear is what I get out of most religions. Fear that if you don't believe the right religion then you'll go to hell and your soul be damned forever.. pleasant!
If you don't believe your just hosed! Sorry, just can't get into that sort of thing. I love you.. but if you screw up your going to hell!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LunaKat

[
3. So do you think Adam and Eve were pagan? Paganistic beliefs were made by man in opposition. Nothing predates YHWH. Jesus was also around before creation.

Opposition to what? According to *Christianity* nothing pre-dates but you must realize that is a narrow view. Your faith came out of the Middle East. The Middle East is not the whole world. Other parts of the world had their own creation stories. And many around a lot longer than yours. In fact Christianity is pretty much an upstart religion only being around a couple thousand years. Compare that to Hinduism.

Opposition to YHWH. And I'm not sure if your aware but The Middle East is where the world's population was started and we are now scattered throughout the world. "And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth". - Genesis 9:1. The earth was populated by Noah and his family so your argument is invalid. Yeah sure people can make up storys throughout the ages, but that doesn't change true historical events.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

The earth was populated by Noah and his family so your argument is invalid. Yeah sure people can make up storys throughout the ages, but that doesn't change true historical events.

How is their argument invalid? You're claiming Noah and his family populated the entire world with Chinese people, Japanese People, Indian People, Blacks, Whites, American Indians, Hispanics, Freckled people, pale people, people with Black Hair, Blonde Hair, Red Hair, Brown Hair, colored eyes, all of these different multi-cultural children were created by the Ark family and delivered to all the lands of the world.

Did he have any flying reindeer we should know about? I'm guessing at least 2, right?

edit on 3-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Not sure if your aware but The Middle East is where the world's population was started and we are now scattered throughout the world. "And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth". - Genesis 9:1. The earth was populated by Noah and his family so your argument is invalid. Yeah sure people can make up storys throughout the ages, but that doesn't change true historical events.

Uggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, now I'm pulling my hair out. Yeah ok... believe what you want. I don't want to change your views anyways. Suffice to say, we don't believe the same things and that is totally ok. You can go back to your talk of Satan and devils and hell and I'm gonna go back to appreciating the world I live in and find what I have in common with others rather than what divides us. I still believe in people and humanity and even though a lot is wrong, I really do think most people are trying --- whatever their religion. Have a good evening.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

Hold the door. I'm coming with you. Zealots. Can't beat'em... can't beat them. I wash my hands of this absurdity.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Yup I walk away because what is the point of arguing with someone who will never change their mind?

Same thing can be said for you. As a believer I could show you all the evidence in the world which validates the bible, but no amount of evidence would be sufficient for you. Its a pride issue.

Evidence? how can it be evidence when it is made by someone who is already Religious and believes in God, that's the thing isnt it we never see detailed evidence on this subject who start's off from a neutral standpoint do we?

Lots of people start believing in GOD when they search for truth, and Jesus is where it leads them. Same can be said for me. I was never brought up in a religious family, and was agnostic growing up. So you are wrong to assert people don't start off neutral. I explored all faiths/beliefs before making my decision to follow Jesus and defend the christian faith.

I could make a video on you tube with fancy graphics people in suits who say they are this or that to argue every point he has made, doesnt mean it's right does it?

Well I'd like to see what information you can bring to the table. Because its not about it 'being a video', or how it is made, its about the substance and information in the video that can be confirmed as being true, or refuted as being false. And from the 3 videos I see the OP used, the information in them are accurate... The zeitguist attack piece on christianity on the other hand has already been exposed as being bunch of lies.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
reply to post by LunaKat

Hold the door. I'm coming with you. Zealots. Can't beat'em... can't beat them. I wash my hands of this absurdity.

Holding the door for ya, don't forget the reindeer -- man I love that!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Its called genetics. And its funny how your true pride starts showing when things aren't going your way, being immature by trying to get other ats members to side with you, and acting like a child bringing reindeer's into things. Its all good though.

Genetic evidence indicates we all come from just two people (Adam and Eve). Human mtDNA migrations also have alot to do with it.

Separate human ‘races’ has little basis in biology. The Bible tells us that we are all descendants of Noah’s family, some 4,500 years ago. From this it can be reasonably concluded that all humans are closely related; in other words, very similar genetically.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Where did Cain's wife come from?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Bravo to you, for making this thread.

I too believed this Zeitgeist theory when I first watched it. But, as time wore on, and I searched for the truth of the claims, I too found it to be a big lie wrapped in a few truths. This of course, is the best way to tell a lie!

Christmas is a pagean/christian morph. It celebrates the birth of jesus, but it also recognizes the winter solstice. It is a nice holiday from work, but is not an officially christian day of celebration. Easter too has been subjected to the morph of pagean holidays with the worship of spring and fertility.

The more you read the bible, especially the prophecies, the less you doubt it.
I was skeptical of the whole Noah, Moses, and Adam Eve story as well.
The more you delve into the individual stories of Enoch, Moses, and Jesus, the more true they become.

The bible leaves a lot of information of creation out.
There is so much room for interpretation that you can't even say that Darwin is wrong.
I think that there are other causes for mutation besides chance. I think there is some sort of design in there. It seems too obvious. But, I like everyone else would like my intuition supported with irrefutable fact.

You have to fall on one side of the fence. It's easy to see where I fell.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I think the brick wall I run into when it comes to religion is history.
Can anyone here give me a perfectly accurate story of say, the civil war in the US.
The answer is NO, nobody there is still alive.
Therefore any knowledge would be second hand at best.
Now you add the PTSD that some soldier had or prejudices or a number of many other problems.
So, I use my reasoning, I am good to people when they deserve and try to do no harm.
Now there are some very grand stories in any "holy" book.
I remember a story I was told when I was a child about some folks getting put into an oven.
I would love to see someone so into their "form" of god that would step into a lit oven and tell me about how their lord shielded them.
I will need proof, like being there.
There are so many other things about holy books that just baffle many.
How oold is earth, how big woul an ark be for a 40 day cruise, ie passengers, food, water, living arrangements, would wood be able to support that kind of strain against waves being so big.
Why are all gods mean?
My god is a kind one, doesn't want me in pain "FOR ETERNITY" Etc.
My god is not stupid, my god knows how it started and how it will end, therefore no free will, were right on track.
Too much confusion with many others gods.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FingerMan

I can say Darwin is wrong. Do you know why?

How could man ever evolve by mutations (mistakes) in the first place, since that process would have made everyone’s children deformed? The mere fact that people can produce offspring that are not largely deformed is a testimony to creation, not evolution. Mutations increase with time, that's why close intermarriage is not accepted anymore but it was before leviticus.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

What makes you believe that we are not all mongoloids compared to what might have been.
Once again, history is the problem.
If you don't know where you been, how do you know where were going?
Forget religion and use your heart and mind.
Do no wrong and do not allow wrongdoing to happen.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

How could man ever evolve by mutations (mistakes) in the first place, since that process would have made everyone’s children deformed? The mere fact that people can produce offspring that are not largely deformed is a testimony to creation, not evolution. Mutations increase with time, that's why close intermarriage is not accepted anymore but it was before leviticus.

You have not a single thing to back up anything you just said. Whatsmore is that a mutation would only be a mistake if it turned out to be a negative. One thing science and basic observation of anyone will always state is that nature isn't perfect and if it was all ID it should be perfect. Or is God flawed?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Do you use mints as a suppository as not to affend people when you talk out of your ass?
You just replied to someone talking about mtDNA, which are constantly being changed by somatic mutations, your explanation of how Noah was able to populate all the different races and physical features in the world from a few people, and then you turn right around and say that Darwin is wrong, because evolution couldn't happen through mutation. You're like the Mitt Romney of theology. You say one thing one minute, then say the exact opposite the next. You're a lot like your bible in that regard too. Funny you would mention Leviticus. I was just reading a letter about Leviticus.

On her radio show, Dr. Laura Schlesinger said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance. The following response is an open letter to Dr. Laura, penned by a US resident, which was posted on the Internet. It's funny, as well as informative:

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination .... end of debate.
I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them:

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual unseemliness - Lev15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination, Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I'm confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

~Signed,

Your adoring fan, James M Kauffman, Ed.D. Professor Emeritus, Dept. Of Curriculum, Instruction, and Special Education University of Virginia

You'd think an infallible God would be able to create a less fallible system.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

So you made a personal God in your mind or do you believe in YHWH as being the most high? If its the first then you are committing idolatry as you have not bothered sought out our true living God where the answers can be found in the bible. Its great that you have questions, but I wonder why you haven't gone to some where like gotquestions.org instead of asking them on this thread or read the bible for yourself (starting New Testament?

I would love to see someone so into their "form" of god that would step into a lit oven and tell me about how their lord shielded them.

Do you think you can test YHWH in that way? In Matthew 12:39 Jesus says "A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a miraculous sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.

How oold is earth,

6 day creation = 6000 years. Genealogies from Adam to Jesus also confirm this.

How oold is earth, how big woul an ark be for a 40 day cruise, ie passengers, food, water, living arrangements, would wood be able to support that kind of strain against waves being so big.

Noahs ark was HUGE. If you measure the dimensions of the ark there is enough room for all the animals of one kind and MORE including all the food! The bible tells us the dimensions. read www.creationtips.com...

Why are all gods mean?

Because they are not really GOD. But the fallen deceiver Satan.

My god is a kind one, doesn't want me in pain "FOR ETERNITY" Etc.

YHWH is a fair judge if he let sinners into his kingdom it would become corrupt. God is kind because he sent his only begotten son to die for us so we could have a second chance!

My god is not stupid, my god knows how it started and how it will end, therefore no free will, were right on track.

Genesis tells us how it started, and revelation tells us how it will end.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Genetic evidence indicates we all come from just two people (Adam and Eve).

Rubbish. The human race can be traced back to only one dark skinned female from 200,000 years ago and at some point the human race almost died out and all on earth is now can be traced back to about 2000 Kalahri bushman and the reason for it is that the gene can only be tracked through females.

science.howstuffworks.com...

They call her eve but make no mistake they're only using the biblical name not backing up the bible.

Why do creationists have to lie?
edit on 4-12-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Garkiniss

Do you use mints as a suppository as not to affend people when you talk out of your ass? You just replied to someone talking about mtDNA, which are constantly being changed by somatic mutations, your explanation of how Noah was able to populate all the different races and physical features in the world from a few people, and then you turn right around and say that Darwin is wrong, because evolution couldn't happen through mutation. You're like the Mitt Romney of theology. You say one thing one minute, then say the exact opposite the next. You're a lot like your bible in that regard too. Funny you would mention Leviticus. I was just reading a letter about Leviticus.

Sorry if it appeares that way. I can show you an article that will show you why it is scientificly possible.

This and this they can explain much better than I can.

You'd think an infallible God would be able to create a less fallible system.

Only if you want us to be like robotz with no free will.

edit on 4-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Genetic evidence indicates we all come from just two people (Adam and Eve).

Rubbish. The human race can be traced back to only one dark skinned female from 200,000 years ago and at some point the human race almost died out and all on earth is now can be traced back to about 2000 Kalahri bushman and the reason for it is that the gene can only be tracked through females.

science.howstuffworks.com...

They call her eve but make no mistake they're only using the biblical name not backing up the bible.

Why do creationists have to lie?
edit on 4-12-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

So how did they determine the 200,000 years ago date? And how is it possible that the human race can come from a female without the seed of a man?

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join