It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is NOT a copy from Pagan religions! Those are lies! Do research and do not believe!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
reply to post by Pauligirl

Nothing can be derived from that image. You should have read your own link. I forget some of what was said there. Not allowing women to join which i read someplace else but can't remember right now.

faculty.cua.edu...

Franz Cumont was the first scholar to identify similarities between Christianity and Mithraism. Cumont argued that the two religions shared an attraction to nature that made it quite easy for Christian artists to borrow iconographical references from Mithraism. So, when one looks at Christian sarcophagi, mosaics, and miniatures from the third to the fifth centuries, one can see images of the Heavens, the Earth, the Ocean, the Sun, the Moon, the Planets, signs of the Zodiac, the Winds, the Seasons, and the Elements. Cumont argued that even though the church was opposed to the pagan practice of worshipping the cosmic cycle, these images nonetheless made onto Christian artistic impressions. This occurred, he continued, because the Christian artists made “a few alterations in costume and attitude transformed a pagan scene into a Christian picture”. Cumont cited the images of Moses as an example of this phenomenon. For instance, when early Christian artists depicted their rendition of Moses striking Mount Horeb (Sinai) with his staff to release drinking water from the mountain, their inspiration was an earlier Mithraic reference to Mithras shooting arrows at rocks to cause the waters to shoot up.
Another example of Mithraic iconography incorporated into Christian art is the scene of Mithras ascending into the heavens identified by M.J. Vermaseren. According to Vermaseren’s interpretation of Mithraism, after Mithras had accomplished a series of miraculous deeds, it was believed that he was carried into the heavens by a chariot. In various Mithraic depictions, horses driven by the pagan sun god, Helios-Sol, draw the chariot. In other instances, a chariot of fire belonging to Helios is being led into the water and is surrounded by the pagan god Oceanus and sea nymphs. When Christian artists wanted to use imagery to portray the soul’s ascension into heaven on sarcophagi, they used the biblical scene of Elijah being led into heaven by chariots and horses that were on fire. Vermaseren thus argued that the inspiration for this image came from the representations of Mithras’ ascent into the heavens by Helios’ chariot. The sun god provided inspiration for the flames on Elijah’s chariot and the Jordan River is personified by a figure resembling the god Oceanus. The parallel is perpetuated by the adoption of the Mithras’ halo, representing the sun, in later representations of Apollo and in Christian images symbolising god- or sainthood.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
It is sad that so many people view this as proof that it is all nonsense, instead of realizing how many generations and civilizations have understood very deep and complex ideas about life, and that similar forms run through all these major civilizations.
The same person who would deny the reality of Christianity may yet say that the Sumerian tablets of the Annunaki prove aliens exist. And some people think that all of this ancient record is bogus, and instead worship evolution theory of Darwin, completely discounting the wisdom of the ages found in the Vedic scriptures.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

It's OK little one but you are wrong. Jesus is no more than a retelling of the myth of Horus. Jesus is a myth.

But ,it's OK. The truth sets your free.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I would give applause if I could, but since I can't......YOU ROCK with that answer!!!!

edit on 12/3/11 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Using the rewritten bible as some kind of evidence for ignoring historical fact... hmm, I see what you're trying to do, but you fail.

Historians around the world know that the Christian faith adopted the Pagan holidays and adapted existing beliefs to suit their purpose in order to convince the natives of whichever land they were in to follow them. This is not some kind of myth, it's recorded historical fact.

Once again, the extremist brain washed Christian faculty embraces ignorance in the face of historical fact *look over there, shiny shiny!*

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I wouldn't care if this thread was written in any other month but c'mon.

Why is Christianity the twice a year holiday?

Let's argue about this in June and see if folks still feel like fighting for their beliefs.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Using the rewritten bible as some kind of evidence for ignoring historical fact... hmm, I see what you're trying to do, but you fail.

Historians around the world know that the Christian faith adopted the Pagan holidays and adapted existing beliefs to suit their purpose in order to convince the natives of whichever land they were in to follow them. This is not some kind of myth, it's recorded historical fact.

Once again, the extremist brain washed Christian faculty embraces ignorance in the face of historical fact *look over there, shiny shiny!*

Yep you're right. They even stole the Christmas tree.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Why try to prove Jesus' existence? Doesn't faith require believing without evidence? Proof would ruin that.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dirtgrain

Aaaaahhhhhhhh....you feel the way I do about it!! Well, the 'gotta prove it' part anyway.

My only other comment here would be to say this: If you just cannot accept that Jesus is real and the Way, the Truth and the Life, and that Yahweh is the One True God of Creation......... it is probably not that you are deliberately being hardheaded.

“. . . for they know his voice. And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers” (John 10:4b-5)

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Maybe you just can't hear Him?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

I agree! You should start a thread!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FeatherofMaat

great opinion based opinion. actually not that great. follow the sheeple...follow.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Why is it that when Jesus died on Good Friday and rose again on Easter Sunday, not on the same date every year? Surely he didn't die and rise again on various Fridays & Sundays throughout April.

Why does anyone who believes in Jesus Christ think you have to be a Christian to get into the kingdom of heaven? Where in the bible does it say you must join a religion called Christianity?

Have you read up on the Council of Nicea? One of the arguments they had was deciding whether Jesus should be divine or not?

Jesus's teachings are also in the Koran, does that mean I should be a Muslim and not a Christian?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TylerDurden2U

Enoch assented into heaven, he did not di

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Speaking of Easter(Ishtar, Astarte, Isis, Semiramis) and immaculate conceptions, eggs, rabbits, and so on.

Semiramis claimed that she was immaculately conceived.
• She taught that the moon was a goddess that went through a 28 day cycle and ovulated when full.
• She further claimed that she came down from the moon in a giant moon egg that fell into the Euphrates River.
• This was to have happened at the time of the first full moon after the spring equinox.
• Semiramis became known as "Ishtar" which is pronounced "Easter", and her moon egg became known as "Ishtar's" egg."
• Ishtar soon became pregnant and claimed that it was the rays of the sun-god Baal that caused her to conceive. • The son that she brought forth was named Tammuz.
• Tammuz was noted to be especially fond of rabbits, and they became sacred in the ancient religion, because Tammuz was believed to be the son of the sun-god, Baal. Tammuz, like his supposed father, became a hunter.
• The day came when Tammuz was killed by a wild pig.
• Queen Ishtar told the people that Tammuz was now ascended to his father, Baal, and that the two of them would be with the worshippers in the sacred candle or lamp flame as Father, Son and Spirit.

Easter And this is from a "christian" source. There is much more in the pdf.

This is ancient babylonian history from the time of Nimrod. Nope. No similarities here. None at all.

yes, she was a witch, a sorceress.
And Set killed Nimrod for his wickedness and to prove he was not the messiah his bones were broken showing he was not the one of prophecy.
Prophecy?
Where do you think all the false messiahs got their storylines from? Doh!
It's like all you guys decided to begin your research in the middle of the book ignoring all the previous chapters.

If anyone can predate the Mazzaroth and it's storyline I'll be interested in how you can reconcile it with the half research most here succomb to.
It was stated that Adam Seth and Enoch devised mazzaroth to pass on these prophecies that the posers and imposters used to decieve man to sway worship from Yah to themselves.
And the poser theme fools man to this very day just as it was in Nimrods day, go figure.
If it works why stop it eh?
And I am fairly certain in regards to the op's claim that the woman that made zeitgeist was intended to mean the nutcase that keeps revising her claims after zeitgeist got so thoroughly debunked...slaughtered would be more precise.
What was her name? The one that did the religious segment...I'm tellin ya, I don't even want to do a google looking up that frauds name...starts with arch something.
What a complete and totally exposed fraud she was exposed to be.
Did she talk of mazzaroth?
Anyone here use it for reference?
nahhhhh, it's hard to claim the story told in the sky was fabricated throughout history and it most definately refutes all the posers one by one until the conquering lion finally hit the stage.
Amazing how Yah saw all this coming and nipped it in the bud providing wisdom, knowledge and truth that is spawned over millenia.
And with all the more light provided to man since whether it be through Moses and the law or in grace through His only begotten son we still find scoffers, posers and pretenders of knowledge thumbing their nose at truth to this day.
There is nothing new under the sun, all is vain.
edit on 3-12-2011 by manna2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Hello Arpgme, I am glad you have decided to research these things for yourself and it has led you in finding the truth that the scriptures are. Sadly most people are ether too lazy or to proud to research the true facts behind the claims made by biblical christianity. People who deny Jesus of Nazareth existed are being dishonest with themselves. Even the top sceptics admit that he did in-fact walk the earth, what they do not always agree on is the resurrection otherwise I guess they would be christians.

Anyhow it is true that the pagans actually copy'd alot of things from the biblical events that took place in opposition, and not the other way round. Paganism and other false religions are a deception from Lucifer. Christianity is different and is not really even a religion and I can prove that in 2 ways as I will explain.

First off a Religion is mans attempt of reaching God through good works, rituals, and other things. In contrast Christianity is GOD reaching man through his son Jesus Christ. Christianity is a relationship with our creator.

Furthermore the Latin word from which the English word "religion" is derived means "to bind up." Jesus did not come to bind us up in rules and regulations or rituals of devotion, but to set us free to be man as God intended.

I see many prideful people posting on this thread making assumptions. In-fact there are too many misconceptions for me to individually reply to all of them, but some are so shocking it would seem the people making them have done absolutely no prior research into biblical Christianity before commenting and are just here for 'the ride'.

I may try to respond to some of the lies being posted on this thread, but I doubt I'll be able to get to them all.

All I ask is people who a genuinely seeking the truth in this world is to have an open mind and a unhardened heart and not listen to the people who are just here to spread outright lies about our savior Jesus Christ. It is not difficult to see which individuals are here to do that.

Ether way I am so confident in the validity of the bible that if you do your own research in an unbiased humble way, then you will be able to find the truth which many other Christians have found through out the centuries. Yes you will be persecuted, but it will be worth it in the end.

I was on a similar situation as you a few months ago... In spite of what some people may think I wasn't always a believer and may have even of disagreed with some of the tenants of Christianity before I educated myself. It was my truth seeking journey that eventually led me to Christ Jesus through the grace of GOD. I am only 21 years old and wasn't brought up in a religious home. This is a testimony to the power of truth which can only be found in Jesus the redeemer. Righteousness and truth will always prevail.

~Regards RG~

edit on 3-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

WOW my respected foe lol (He added it not me)

Far to green your text it hurts to read fella change it so we can read it

Also Hi how have you been?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lucifuge

Why does anyone who believes in Jesus Christ think you have to be a Christian to get into the kingdom of heaven? Where in the bible does it say you must join a religion called Christianity?

Why is Jesus the only way to heaven/God? Because Jesus said He was the only way. "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me," (John 14:6). Christianity is also not a 'religion' but rather a relationship with God. Read my above post explaining why that is.

Have you read up on the Council of Nicea? One of the arguments they had was deciding whether Jesus should be divine or not?

No they didn't... that is a complete lie that is spread in secular circles. The council of Nicea actually got together as a response to the Arian heresy, which denied the divinity of Christ.

Jesus's teachings are also in the Koran, does that mean I should be a Muslim and not a Christian?

If you read the Koran it is clear that they do not worship the same GOD as the one of the Bible. They worship a false god which makes them idolaters. They are not covered by the blood of the lamb, there for they will go to hell if they die in their sins. Muslims also deny the divinity of Christ and say that he wasn't the son of God but rather a mere prophet.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Anyhow it is true that the pagans actually copy'd alot of things from the biblical events that took place in opposition and not the other way round. Paganism and other false religions are a deception from Lucifer. Christianity is not a religion and I can prove that in 2 ways as I will explain.

A few of things wrong with this:
1) Paganism isn't a religion, hence it cannot be a "false religion."
2) Lucifer, in angelic theology, isn't the deceiver; it's Azazel.
3) Paganistic peoples pre-date Christianity. Did they borrow these "copy'd [copied] things" via time machine?

Furthermore the Latin word from which the English word "religion" is derived means "to bind up." Jesus did not come to bind us up in rules and regulations or rituals of devotion, but to set us free to be man as God intended.

"to bind up"

That's one of the many meanings of the word religion (from Lactantius, who decided to side-step etymology), but there are others you neglected to mention. When delving into the meaning(s) of religio (the latin origin of religion) even the Romans couldn't decide on a single definition... at least not at first. From Cicero: Religio was taken from the verb relegere, which means "to read and re-read text", making religion a word for describing the works of scholars.
It took the Romans, who in conquering the world were forced to become its first anthropologists, to realize that behind all this multifariousness was something about which it was possible to generalize. From its original meaning of “punctilious respect for the sacred,” religio came to denote any comprehensive human system of organizing and expressing such respect. Religio was, Cicero finally wrote, cultus deorum, “the worship of the gods.”

If you read the Koran it is clear that they do not worship the same GOD as the one of the Bible. They worship a false god which makes them idolaters. They are not covered by the blood of the lamb, there for they will go to hell if they die in their sins. Muslims also deny the divinity of Christ and say that he wasn't the son of God but rather a mere prophet.

Islam is one of the three Abrahamic religions (as are Christianity and Judaism). The God is the same. The difference stems from the mortal element, ie> Jesus, Muhammad, Moses, etc.

Interesting side bar: Most everyone goes to hell when they die. I say "most everyone" because there are plenty of people who never rest in a grave upon death, due to circumstance. In case you missed my previous posts on this matter, or missed the clues in the previous sentence, "Hell" translates literally into grave. Nothing more, nothing less. Hell is a place where dead people are placed.

edit on 3-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I quote

Why is Jesus the only way to heaven/God? Because Jesus said He was the only way. "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me

Heck anyone can say it doesn't mean its true does it? I could say Iam the only way to Heaven does that mean I am?
I will let others let their say on the rest

Oh and good to see you are back to threaten any none believer with Hell, welcome back

edit on 3-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

With that type of attitude of course your not going to believe. You have already made the presupposition that the bible is just a fairy tale, without doing any investigative work. Have you heard of the following quote: “For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” ?

You have hardened your heart and deceived yourself in the process. So no matter if someone show's you all the proof in the world, you would still be skeptical. Many people are not interested in truth at all.

The truth is the bible is one of the most validated historical canon of books in the world. Archaeological evidence demonstrates the historical and cultural accuracy of the Bible.

Consider the 1983 discovery by Israeli scholar Adam Zertal, who unearthed a huge sacrificial altar on Mount Ebal, north of Jericho. Its construction perfectly matches the specifications described in Deuteronomy 27:4-8, which was later built by Joshua (Josh. 8:30-35).

There's a whole host of archaeological finds that validate the bible, but don't expect these things to be shown on the news... It is bad for the "New World Order" if the general public are made aware of them.

For anyone interested you can read some of them here: www.realtruth.org...
edit on 3-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join