It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is NOT a copy from Pagan religions! Those are lies! Do research and do not believe!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by renegadeloser

Eventually, some motifs do repeat or play out for the first time in reality, and is there any reason to believe that Jesus himself did not have access to all the ancient wisdom literature..? He sure knew how to fill the prophetic vision of Isaiah to a t and was not unwilling to do so ie: riding in through the east gate on a donkey, etc. etc.

Within the historical context, in what way does such a mythology preclude the existence of the historical Jesus that's what I'd like to know..

I don't deny the existence of a prophet named jesus actually. In fact what I actually believe is that there are divine forces which underlie existence. And that these Divine principals make themselves manifest to mankind through the lives of certain men, also in our personal lives if we allow it. I believe that Jesus, Krishna, Quetzecoatl (aztec god who was a man, and taught peace and love, and was slain by the old religious leaders, with the promise of a (second coming)... you can actually find a picture of quetzecoatl carrying his cross), among others are earthly manifestations of Divine Realities.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Dear arpgme,

As you are more than capable of responding to your critics, I would only mention this. People still question if a virgin birth is possible when we have test tube babies. That is simply silly. If we can extract eggs from a woman and sperm from a man and then put them together in a test tube, is virgin birth possible and the answer is yes. Who can deny that today? Only those who refuse to understand the truth. Be well.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Have a massive universe with a 100 billion galaxies.,yet all day you hear Jesus is fake,Jesus is real, yet the universe is real.I mean come on people.Open your minds up for crying out loud.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure if 100 billion galaxies exist and we don't have a clue where the hell they came from ,Jesus Christ just might be telling the truth.Just maybe we could be wrong about things.I admit I could be wrong.
edit on 3-12-2011 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by renegadeloser

Good stuff, and then there's Jesus' essential character. You don't see ir on the first reading when you're younger, where it appears as all this religious nonsense, but later, when you read it again, and look into it, like an open minded investigator, the actual person of Jesus leaps out at you, and you start shaking your head in wonderment and awe.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Here is what I believe:

Jesus saves me - because He does - and He does this without churches - He does this with a simple prayer to Him. If you want Jesus in your life, just ask Him. And when I say that He saves me, I don't mean in the end (but He will) - I mean now, when you are desperate, when you are bereaved, when you think your life means nothing - when you think no-one cares whether you live or die - just ask Jesus to give you His peace.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

compared to the genocide commited by christian churches on native children in canada
if you think Im an aHOLE for presenting facts for you to DEBATE

then what hould you call the christians who stole raped and kilLed children and got paid tax money dolled out by CHRISTIANS in what amnesty international calls one of the top 5 genicides of all time?

and im an Ahole?
you glorify christ so well
it kinda proves my point

PS last ! checked the forum had rules about that kind of sAtanistic language

edit on 3-12-2011 by Danbones because: ISEE YOU EDITED YOUR POST RATHER THAN TAKE RESPOSIBILITY FOR IT, HOW CHRISTIAN OF U

edit on 3-12-2011 by Danbones because: SPELLING

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
It is amazing how people bash and bash and bash christians constantly.Most of the people just or do some kind of nonsense smirk at evidence that Jesus existed.Or they make don't realize tradtonal stuff that grew out of other beliefs. or are to dumb to read and would rather mock christians.Or you get the old bashing of words like Buy-Bull,Xmas,Fudanemtalist chrsitians are all evil,Zionist want to take over the world nonsense.Christians hate all homosexuals nonsense,TBN stealing everyones money nonsense,all though I do not trust some of the TBN preachers.The bashing goes on and on and on and is blantant ignorance.

If Christians don't want to be bashed as you then why do they start threads like the op did without any reliable data. Was he really ignorant enough to believe would not be called out. Or was it he purposely meant to start an argument . The whole key OP made a big claim in the title, what did you expect?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I'm talking about Jesus, and you're talking about human ignorance and depravity which will use any excuse in the book for satanic domination and submission.

There's a difference.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

"There is a principal which is a bar against all information and proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance. That principal is, contempt, prior to investigation."
~ Herbert Spencer

P.S. It was a simple observation, and a playful one, not a judgement against you as a whole person. Please accept my apologies if it isn't the least bit true.

edit on 3-12-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by arpgme

Dear arpgme,

As you are more than capable of responding to your critics, I would only mention this. People still question if a virgin birth is possible when we have test tube babies. That is simply silly. If we can extract eggs from a woman and sperm from a man and then put them together in a test tube, is virgin birth possible and the answer is yes. Who can deny that today? Only those who refuse to understand the truth. Be well.

They had test tube babies 2000 years ago? Wow! Oh hang on a minute they couldn't have because science is bad. Just ask the church

edit on 3-12-2011 by steveknows because: typo

link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

by editing the insult out of your post and MOT taking resposibility for it
you just proved why people take such a dim view of christians these days
your action speak so much louder than words
edit on 3-12-2011 by Danbones because: edit grammer

link   

.Learn religion correctly or shut the hell up about other peoples beliefs.

Exactly the kind of tolerance and uderstanding I have come to expect from Christians.

Typical ( you don't believe what I do so shut up) it doesn't matter that what we say is true or not to them.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Morning Star

Lucifer - a planet (usually Venus) seen just before sunrise in the eastern sky source thefreedictionary.

Lucifer

(Hebrew helel; Septuagint heosphoros, Vulgate lucifer)

The name Lucifer originally denotes the planet Venus, emphasizing its brilliance. The Vulgate employs the word also for "the light of the morning" (Job 11:17), "the signs of the zodiac" (Job 38:32), and "the aurora" (Psalm 109:3). Metaphorically, the word is applied to the King of Babylon (Isaiah 14:12) as preeminent among the princes of his time; to the high priest Simon son of Onias (Ecclesiasticus 50:6), for his surpassing virtue, to the glory of heaven (Apocalypse 2:28), by reason of its excellency; finally to Jesus Christ himself (2 Peter 1:19; Apocalypse 22:16; the "Exultet" of Holy Saturday) the true light of our spiritual life.

The Syriac version and the version of Aquila derive the Hebrew noun helel from the verb yalal, "to lament"; St. Jerome agrees with them (In Isaiah 1.14), and makes Lucifer the name of the principal fallen angel who must lament the loss of his original glory bright as the morning star. In Christian tradition this meaning of Lucifer has prevailed; the Fathers maintain that Lucifer is not the proper name of the devil, but denotes only the state from which he has fallen (Petavius, De Angelis, III, iii, 4). source : newadvent

Lucifer

(Latin: lux, lucis, luce, luci, and lucu: “light”; fer, fero: “to bear, carry, support, lift, hold, take up”; these synthesize as “Bearer of Light”) Before Milton, Lucifer had never been a name of the devil. One of the early Popes of Rome bore that name, and there was even a Christian sect in the fourth century which was called the Luciferians. In Universal Gnosticism, Lucifer is the shadow of the Christ.

Make no mistake Lucifer is the light bearer the one who gave reason/conscience/spirit/ etc.. to mankind making it different from a animal

link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Mithra was NOT born of a virgin like Jesus, he was born from a ROCK!

It is true that December 25 is a Pagan thing for the solstice, BUT, Jesus could NOT be born in the winter if you read The Bible...

Krishna was NEVER pronounced "Chrishta" and was NOT resurrected! You can read the Hindu scriptures themselves for proof!

As for the story of Horus, he was NOT the only son of God... And his story does NOT mimic's Jesus...

As for the Greek God Attis, the stories about him being resurrected came AFTER Jesus.

Justin Martyr even admitted that the Pagans were COPYING stories of Christianity and they were NOT there before...

They created these stories to create and opposition against Christianity...

By the way, do you know what the word opposition means in Hebrew!? SATAN!

By the way, the lady that created Zeitgeist is a Satanist wanting to get rid of Christianity and create a Utopian world. Doesn't that story sound familiar like the book of revelations?

What do you think of this? Can anyone refute this refutation! You be the Judge!

I have talked crap about the Jesus story because I didn't actually do research and just believed Zeitgeist! Please if you can disprove what I said, otherwise the evidence stands that the Pagans ADDED Christian like storied AFTER Christianity was...

You know how they say that the bible says that the world is flat?

It does NOT! The world "Earth" also simply meant "Land", it was not a reference to the planet but the nations or the lands!

Also, JESUS CHRIST said that no one has went to heaven but him, so what about Elijah?

Elijah ascended up to the sky NOT heaven! The word for heaven was not used there.

Christian Apologetics are making me think that maybe Jesus is true... What do you think?

edit on 2-12-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

The problem here is all these stories that you claim, are mimicing the jesus story, Actually far predated the christian stories.. Many of the bible stories are very similar to many stories in pagan and even other more ancient religions. Christians haven't been around all that long really, would only make sense they would want to have stories men and women are already familiar with. Don't let your passion turn to ignorance child.

link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

It is amazing how people bash and bash and bash christians constantly.Most of the people just or do some kind of nonsense smirk at evidence that Jesus existed.Or they make don't realize tradtonal stuff that grew out of other beliefs. or are to dumb to read and would rather mock christians.Or you get the old bashing of words like Buy-Bull,Xmas,Fudanemtalist chrsitians are all evil,Zionist want to take over the world nonsense.Christians hate all homosexuals nonsense,TBN stealing everyones money nonsense,all though I do not trust some of the TBN preachers.The bashing goes on and on and on and is blantant ignorance.

If Christians don't want to be bashed as you then why do they start threads like the op did without any reliable data. Was he really ignorant enough to believe would not be called out. Or was it he purposely meant to start an argument . The whole key OP made a big claim in the title, what did you expect?
I get tired of what the atheist accuse others of and they dothe same thing is all.I got to head to bed.Makes for a hot discussion anyways.Cya all..

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

You don't know me. If we got together for beers and didn't talk religion, you'd like me, and you'd see the love of Christ in me, for you.

Sometimes that which hurts, instructs. No need to get all bent out of shape over my comment.

I myself admitted to it earlier in this thread, that indeed sometimes there is a very fine line between holiness and assholiness, and it's not an easy one to walk, but walk it we must in service to Civility, whereby a true gentleman will never hurt another person's feelings unintentionally.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ironsavior

a fundy dispensationalist was just saying today how the jews are ment to bring light into the world

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
OK! I AM FURIOUS!

Would all these idiots who PERSIST in linking Jesus to false churches PLEASE STOP ABUSING JESUS!

Jesus Christ has nothing to do with so-called "Christian" churches.

Sorry for the rant - had to do it.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I didn't edit it out.

I would also ask you to re-examine your own conduct throughout this discussion and then tell me I was completely off the mark and out of line..

lighten up.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join