It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is NOT a copy from Pagan religions! Those are lies! Do research and do not believe!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I live in a town where we had a virgin birth in the 12 Century and the jesuits had a reform school which was
closed because they were molestinG all the boys

you might not realize there is no excuses for false religion til its to late
AND IF YOU CALLED ME AN aHOILE LIKE YOU JUST DID IN PERSON iD DROP YOU

edit on 3-12-2011 by Danbones because: SPELLING

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I hate false religion as much as you do, and can't stand literalist fundamentalist Churchianity.

And regarding the term a-hole, if you have a better word...

We're all jerks, a-holes, whatever, me included, but some of us are into growing, and are inspired to grow spiritually and psychologically as a "work in progress".

The great work then, would occur when you do encounter me, because we've created a karmic bond here don't you see, and in all truth neither of us are a-holes, on the other side of our recognition and admission that we were!

You wouldn't hit me. Nope.

Beers..

Best Regards,

NAM

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by arpgme

Dear arpgme,

As you are more than capable of responding to your critics, I would only mention this. People still question if a virgin birth is possible when we have test tube babies. That is simply silly. If we can extract eggs from a woman and sperm from a man and then put them together in a test tube, is virgin birth possible and the answer is yes. Who can deny that today? Only those who refuse to understand the truth. Be well.

They had test tube babies 2000 years ago? Wow! Oh hang on a minute they couldn't have because science is bad. Just ask the church

edit on 3-12-2011 by steveknows because: typo

Dear arpgme,

You miss the point, tell me that you cannot have a child without sex. I will wait for your answer. It is possible even if it took 2,000 years for us to understand how. Science is not bad, they had lots of knowledge that we lost. Look up the Baghdad battery. It existed. Now you can tell me what they could and could not know.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by arpgme

Funny, I thought Jesus was (according to the bible) born on the 25th of December, in a barn, while 3 wise man traveled to his location following a star? This is purely from memory. Its a book I do not read but was unfortunately forced to attend catholic schools

Catholicism isn't Christianity. It is Pagan lite. So I would take Catholic's and their beliefs with a grain of salt.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The bible is a translation perhaps of events which have been blown out of proportion.

Here's a translation.

Mary rode josephs ass all that way to Bethlehem.

Translation. Mary was a bitch who wouldn't stop complaining and kept having a go at the poor guy every step of the way.

edit on 3-12-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by arpgme

Funny, I thought Jesus was (according to the bible) born on the 25th of December, in a barn, while 3 wise man traveled to his location following a star? This is purely from memory. Its a book I do not read but was unfortunately forced to attend catholic schools

Catholicism isn't Christianity. It is Pagan lite. So I would take Catholic's and their beliefs with a grain of salt.

That is utter rubbish. Of course catholics are Christian.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Listen, Jesus birth was mired in controversy and overlaid by myth. That they couldn't find a place to give birth might be true and that Mary was found pregnat, or that Joseph wan't the father, yet who did not divorce Mary as might be the custom, also true. What would this tell us...

I think the story of the Three Wise Men from the Orient, who "saw his star" might contain imbedded within it, another truth.

I think that Jesus left his native land as a boy, went to the far east, and then returned later as a near-30 year old man and re-entered Jewish society through the Essenian sect, and in fact was initiated into the Jewish mysteries via John the Baptist, but was already a fully self-realized Bodhisatva by that point.

Connect the dots..

But it doesn't matter who Jesus of Nazareth was or how he came about, what matters is the "birth of Christ" and just who and what he became..

Epiphany!

The bright morning star..

edit on 3-12-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Some of these atheist are down right ignorant as anti-semites are towards jews.Only they are that way towards christians.

Most of us do not care what religion you are I know I do not. Ignorance is believing in a 2000 year old book that are full of stories that are scientifically impossible. I don't have anything against Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, or any other religious faction but just because someone is religious does not make them a better person. Some Christian are pretty good people and then again some are not and that can be said of any religion.

By the way I am not atheist I am agnostic.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Dear NewAgeMan,

I have absolutely no idea what your point is. Lets make is easy, did Jesus exist as a real person? Let us at least start with some common ground.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Yes. Of course he was.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Think it through, but I don't want to demean Jesus' lineage here, because it's irrelevant to who he was and what he said and did, God bless him, and through him, us.

And Joseph might very well have been given his name in a dream from an angel, and the holy spirit might even have been present at his conception for all we know, as it may be in every case no matter what the circumstances. Just don't ask me to spell this out for you. You'd have to figure it out on your own.

For me this doesn't demean or detract from Jesus one iota, while perhaps creating even more sympathetic understanding, of the boy who went in search of his true fature, and FOUND HIM in God as the Absolute. It's very precious, the truth, better even by far than the myth.

Ok, here's a tip and a possible piece of the puzzle.

Re: the "Three Wise Men" or "Kings" from the Orient (far East)

The three living streams of Taoism/Buddhism are compliments of

Lao Tsu
Confucius
Buddha

time: approx 500 BC.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

No many BUT ONE....

Christians may have different points o view regarding what to call HIM.
but they never based them selfs on pagan our ancient gods to create Christianity.

Arguments....

Roman Catholic Church used the pillars of the roman empire to established itself.
Dates, Traditions,and even Myths were used and Christianized.

BUT Christianity is something is beyond any Church is within your belief and Faith.

The Gabriel revelation Stone if real will bring a new Light on this matter .

The Jewish were expecting a Messiah .... centuries before Jesus being Born. Not any Kind of Messiah but one Would RISE from the death .

www.nytimes.com... gewanted=all

About the Teachings any rational human being has the notion of Moral good and evil both Ideas are abstract but but reachable by the Archetype (rkɪtaɪp) .

Therefore any one who Preaches about Peace, Love, Truth, Honor etc... Can not be that different from some one else who conceived the same Archetype. there are similarities but in this case in my views there is no copy.

In the early days of Christianity there were other religions and beliefs with hundred of years which could not be ignored or erased just like that.

Again on those myths and beliefs there were similitudes used by the first fathers to introduce Christianity. Instead of confrontation a more subtle way was used . Use of what could be used delete what is of no use.
The faith... and the structure.

But the first Goal was to slowly erase those myths and beliefs from the common memory and practice.

Not all of it was done as it should have been done.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Religion itself is all a lie.

Brainwashing is the key to total control of the minds of the masses.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Epiphany!

The bright morning star..

Another clarification - by that I don't mean anything re: Lucifer.

Buddha, after 15 years or whatever, of meditating, at last "gave up" and then, with a feeling of impending enlightenment, he sat again, and was said to have seen the morning star, or venus, at the moment of his enlightenment.

As a motif or a symbol, it is the star of enlightenment, what I call the star of "isolate consciousness" (one with everything).

Take it as you will, but I've done my research from every angle and perspective, and this "groks" for me.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by natalietruth

No, the tyranny of empire which Jesus opposed, while he focused on optimising the downtrodden in the face of imperial oppression - had to relieve him of his authority, to rule the world.

You're all wrong about this - it was an abuse of power, but JESUS was authentic, and his teachings and character and person or spirit, still valid.

Don't let the rebellious principal of satan decieve you from recognizing the truth that sets you free in eternity.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Jesus was real. The big difference between Him and the others....ascension. All the other guys are still taking "dirt naps". Of course the Catholics still show Him ON the cross! Christians realize He is risen.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
You should have a look at Norse mythology because thats where Christianity gets most of its stories and celebrations.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

So what? Even if you are right, there is no proof that Jesus existed. A book isn't proof. No writings are proof. Seems like a waste of time even arguing about this. There is no proof he walked on water, etc.. There is nothing but a book. A BOOK. Scriptures. Writings.

If Jesus even existed, and walked on water, this isn't logical. Might as well believe in Santa Clause. He was most likely an extraterrestrial using advanced technology. That is the most logical and realistic explanation for his abilities. The other option is that he never really did those things and quite possibly never existed at all. No one has ever gotten anywhere with this argument and they never will, and neither will you.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear NewAgeMan,

I have absolutely no idea what your point is. Lets make is easy, did Jesus exist as a real person? Let us at least start with some common ground.

Let me spell it out.

Mary was a virgin when Joseph married her, but became pregnant, not by him. The society was under Roman oppression. Mary was not convicted of adultery, and Joseph did not divorce her, but stayed with her. Jesus was given the name "God saves" even possibly by a dream Joseph had in which he was instructed also NOT to divorce Mary. When it came time for Jesus, the baby boy, to be born, they were shut out, and were forced to have the birth in a barn. There is but one anecdote about Jesus as a boy, and then nothing until he springs onto the scene later with John the Baptist, his cousin and an Essenian Rabbi with unique understanding and methods. Jesus is then baptised, led into the desert, and returning, having overcome the devil, begins his ministry until his cricifixion on the cross as an atonement for all sin and evil, athough completely innocent and perfect (without having sinned). Three wise men or kings from the Orient supposedly herald his star and offer precious gifts at his "birth", which could mean another birth altogether.

To this day, one of the 12 days of Christman is in celebration of The Three Wise Men from the East. It is called "Epiphany Sunday".

Deny Ignorance.

Best Regards,

NAM

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by spacemanjupiter

"There is a principal which is a bar against all information, and proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance. That principal is, contempt, prior to investigation."
~ Herbet Spencer

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join