It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Church bans interracial couples

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
At least five people who have visited this thread agree with me, yet they are silent. They lurk in the shadows out of fear, the fear of social ostracization because of the monster that has been unleashed. Told repeatedly by the media, the left, and many people in their community that we are an ignorant, dying breed whose ideas are left for the Dark Ages of man. It is an outright lie, they may revile us but we are by no means almost extinct. We have been chased into hiding for our own beliefs of preserving our people.

Gays can hold pride parades, blacks and Mexicans can have pride slogans protected by the government, but if we as Whites even think about having pride in ourselves we must be condemned and cast off into the abyss. I can no longer sit by holding my tongue as I watch the trail of destruction these people leave behind. Be brave my friends, disregard what others say about you, quit being afraid. There are many people like us who are proud of our ethnic/racial identity and have nothing to be ashamed of.

Come forward, speak your peace or stay in the corner scared and intimidated while everything you hold close is desecrated. I have come forward and there is no going back, I have made enemies with many now. They do not like me and probably never will again, but that is a small price to pay when it comes to relieving this weight from your chest.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
My point was that the egalitarians always talk about this mythical equality of sorts but are so willing to hang a person with a different point of view.

Where did I say we're all the same physically and mentally? My stance has always been that ones race shouldn't be an automatic judgement or mark of ones character, love or ones potential. Never said that you should treat everybody the exact same and view them as such.

What you believe is up to you, and what I think of you, is up to me.

I do believe that a state has a right to interfere in marriages but just because they have that right does not make it right to do so.

Look, I'm not concerned about your balony explanation of what you 'supposedly' feel personally, especially after your posts. The mere fact you believe that governments, state governments, but government regardless, can get involved in matters like this, in private lives, says alot to me. I also find it interesting that you left out state mandated racial segregation in this response of yours. You obviously support the ability state governments mandating racial segregation of american citizens right?

It is like with the 16th amendment, it exists for taxation but I do not believe we should have taxation even though the government still has that right to tax. Get my point?

Your point doesn't make sense, you're comparing apples and oranges. The issues of taxes are different from the social and private issues of american adults, citizens. How you see them as the same issue is beyond me, it really is. We can bring in the 2nd amendment into this as well by your logic.

The Federal government never had the right to interfere in the private business of marriage, so the states gave themselves the right. In my opinion they do have the right to interfere

Right, so then your view really hasn't changed, you're just making excuses to justify your view! Right.

You should not have any sexual relationship with another person, which is judging by the exterior. But that does not mean you should judge a person in ordinary life based upon their character. For instance, if I am walking around a grocery store it would be wrong to immediately judge someone just by their skin color BUT if someone asked me out who was of color their character would be irrelevant. I can be their friend if their character is good, but not anything more.

What you're saying essentially is that somebody's racial make up and skin color matter to you more than their character. Yes, you'll 'respect' them in person, you can be their 'friend', but race will always be the top issue for you in them. So I'll assume as well, if you had a daughter and your daughter was to marry a black man with a very good character, hard working, respectful, of a clear backround, very caring, you wouldn't have any of it? Because of his racial make up? I'd assume as well, if your daughter were to ditch you, you'd just let it be right? Or am I wrong? No disrespect to the black guy, right?

Call me a racist if you want,

Well you are a racist, that's my firm position, and apparently, after trying so hard to distance yourself from other racists, you don't care any longer. That's fine.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

At least five people who have visited this thread agree with me, yet they are silent. They lurk in the shadows out of fear,

Oh the drama. Look, this is a forum, the vast majority of us don't know one another. Come out. Nobody is stopping them.

Gays can hold pride parades, blacks and Mexicans can have pride slogans protected by the government, but if we as Whites even think about having pride in ourselves we must be condemned and cast off into the abyss.

Nobody is stopping white pride parades, infact there are various white pride parades held every year, there was one in my city not to long ago. Neo-nazis and other racial groups, the scum of the earth, but they held their parades, and their rights were protected. The came, and they left.

Stop being dramatic, nobody is stopping you from throwing your views out there. If you can't take the criticism or the reaction, that's your issue. It's what happens when you make ones racial make up an issue.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I am past the point of caring.

Well, I won't debate you on that one.

edit- Actually, I would like to think you are on the brink of caring

edit on 1-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Where did I say we're all the same physically and mentally? My stance has always been that ones race shouldn't be an automatic judgement or mark of ones character, love or ones potential. Never said that you should treat everybody the exact same and view them as such.

What you believe is up to you, and what I think of you, is up to me.

Egalitarianism is not ‘we are all the same physically/mentally’ it is the belief that all people are inherently equal, I instead believe in hierarchy where all people are inherently unequal. Some people are worth (not monetary value) more than others; an egalitarian would never accept that. Assuming you are an egalitarian, which viewing your racial views you are at least somewhat.

Look, I'm not concerned about your balony explanation of what you 'supposedly' feel personally, especially after your posts. The mere fact you believe that governments, state governments, but government regardless, can get involved in matters like this, in private lives, says alot to me. I also find it interesting that you left out state mandated racial segregation in this response of yours. You obviously support the ability state governments mandating racial segregation of american citizens right?

Where did it ever say in the Constitution that the government cannot dictate marriage? It says nothing about it thus it falls under the 10th amendment, this means that the state governments can make the decision on it. As I said before though, I do not want the state, feds, local, or any government making decisions about private lives. How is that hard to understand? As for segregation I would say the same exact thing.

Your point doesn't make sense, you're comparing apples and oranges. The issues of taxes are different from the social and private issues of american adults, citizens. How you see them as the same issue is beyond me, it really is. We can bring in the 2nd amendment into this as well by your logic.

It goes back to my point that the state has the ability to interfere but that in my opinion it should not interfere. Is that difficult to understand?

What you're saying essentially is that somebody's racial make up and skin color matter to you more than their character. Yes, you'll 'respect' them in person, you can be their 'friend', but race will always be the top issue for you in them. So I'll assume as well, if you had a daughter and your daughter was to marry a black man with a very good character, hard working, respectful, of a clear backround, very caring, you wouldn't have any of it? Because of his racial make up? I'd assume as well, if your daughter were to ditch you, you'd just let it be right? Or am I wrong? No disrespect to the black guy, right?

I would try and convince my daughter never to go that route and if she did, well she would already know the consequences of her decision, she still has the free will to make that decision.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
It is hard for me to except there are still places like that around in this day and age. A church no less. It seems that would go against everything a church is supposed to be about but I guess the clan goes to church somewhere.

"It's not the spirit of the community in any way, shape or form," Randy Johnson, president of the Pike County Ministerial Association, said of the vote.

Well at least the town is upset it seems about this as well. I imagine its a church like the one portrayed in the movie red state.
Yet another reason I am agnostic.

Sad story though.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This is just a friendly reminder:

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

Also

Courtesy Is Mandatory

And while we are at it

How Not To Be Banned From ATS

There is zero reason for anyone to be going at each other. Next one that does it will be dealt with.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Egalitarianism is not ‘we are all the same physically/mentally’ it is the belief that all people are inherently equal, I instead believe in hierarchy where all people are inherently unequal.

And likewise, you believe that race is to do with this hierarchy. I get it.

Where did it ever say in the Constitution that the government cannot dictate marriage? It says nothing about it thus it falls under the 10th amendment, this means that the state governments can make the decision on it.

You know, the constitution never said anything specifically about slavery either, as well as the rights of states, and the founders, and all their wisdom, never made the move to have it abolished it at that time. Some of them even owned slaves! Does this mean that slavery is constitutional? The constitution never assured voting rights to women, does this mean states can now strip that away as well? I can go on.

It goes back to my point that the state has the ability to interfere but that in my opinion it should not interfere.

So the state can strip gun rights, they can strip women of rights, they can bring back slavery, because, like you say, it ain't specifically in the constitution. I mean' you're just saying they can do these things right? I'll assume you are.

I would try and convince my daughter never to go that route and if she did, well she would already know the consequences of her decision, she still has the free will to make that decision.

I am very sorry that this is the kind of person you are Misoir. I guess there's nothing more to go on from here, you continue to believe what you want to believe.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Here is the thing, they are their own church with their own members and their own rules. If you do not like it don't go to that church that is all there is too it. You don't have to complicate the issue with stupid crap about race to make yourself sound smart and try to convince people you are not racist, just don't go to that church.
You want to piss them off? Go find yourself a black chick, buy her a ring and stop by for Sunday service if you are looking for a problem. But really, if you don't like it don't support it.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Here let me get all high-brow on ya

Tolerance or toleration is the practice of permitting a thing of which one disapproves, such as social, ethnic, sexual, or religious practices.

You should just practice tolerance and leave them be.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Wow. Check your calendars folks here's a show stopper.
I disagree with Misoir while agreeing with Southern Guardian.
O
M
G
But then again I'm mixed. A beautiful, wonderful, awesome, glorious. . . . . . .

Mutt.

*bazinga*

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

ya know, they are Baptists, who are rather fundamental in their beliefs and as a private institution, when others such as Westboro behave as they do, why is this "surprising" to you?

i agree with most of what you said except this part ... and i fixed it for ya ...

This kind of mentality is still around, especially in some religious circles.

so not fair still picking at/on the South
(a majority of all states were slave states, including northern ones)
ya know, Southerners did elect the first Black Congressman

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

What's happened to you Misoir, where has all this racist bs come from? I certainly don't remember you ever holding such views on ATS in the past. You been hanging around stormfront a bit too much.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed
Here is the thing, they are their own church with their own members and their own rules. If you do not like it don't go to that church that is all there is too it.

I don't like it, and yes, I don't intend to go to their church. Likewise though, I do have my opinions, and I will voice them out. We all have rights in this country, this church, as a private religious institution, can reject certain kinds of people, and I can practice my constitutional rights in speaking out and voice my disgust.

I'm sure you can respect my rights, as you so readily declared your respect theirs.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I actually cringed when I saw that you posted a response to me on this thread, because I do respect your opinion even when we completely disagree (which is 90% of the time). To answer your question in the most honest way, all I really care about is protecting my heritage and race. Anything else in the race issue is irrelevant to me; everyone else can do whatever they want. From viewing all this information about the mass immigration of third world into the West, declining white birth rates below replacement level, and the general views of many of my fellow whites it has just really got to me.

When you love something woodwardjr you want to protect it, even if most of it does not want protecting, just because you do love it; surely you understand what I mean by that. I do not come from a place of anger and hostility, perhaps others do but that is not me, I have this view of race out of protection not hate. Perhaps I am a reactionary living 100 years outside of my time; I have come to terms with that. But that does not mean that my viewpoint is wrong, people have thought this way for thousands of years and I do not believe it was because they lived in the dark ages or were ignorant.

Perhaps they saw something our modern world cannot. Now I am not talking about Nazism or anything, my whole point is just “be proud of your heritage, embrace it and stick to it”. I would tell that to people from any race/ethnicity, all should love who they are and not reject it. That is my opinion, if it means anything. I believe different ethnicities are radically different even, for instance the United States would be radically different if it were founded by Frenchmen or Germans and not Anglo-Saxons. These distinctions are very real to me and play a critical part in how I view the world and how I perceive others view the world.

Maybe you cannot like me after this, I understand, most people will not. But to say that this is not what I believe or to hide it is to not only lie to myself but lie to everyone else as well. I just cannot do that anymore.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I think Misor's opinion is going to be unacceptable for many here, but I don't think he speaks from hate or racism per se, and I hope that all members, no matter where they stand on the issue, will be respectful of his right to air his views here. It takes a lot of courage to come out with controversial opinions that are widely tabooed and disagreed with. So by all means argue away, but I'd just hope nobody on either side of this debate gets muzzled by ATS because so far what I've seen from everyone in this thread seems to fall within the terms and conditions. Just my two cents.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Wow! Who cares about the original story??????? A sleepy little church made a rule blah blah blah which might affect a few people in the town. Those people will move on somewhere more accepting, problem solved.

BUT what has been far more interesting is the discussion that followed! I found the 'mixers vs spirits' debate it generated raised some interesting viewpoints from both sides of the coin. And in a topic which is like a paper bucket filled with lava, for it to garner a fairly controlled (well, within reason) see-saw of debate without spit balls lobbed at each side, has been great!

As for me, there's 6 billion of us. Who cares? Really??
Tribes rise, tribes fall like the tides of eons.
I love the diversity in cultures, and I hope they can continue, but if some become the way of the dodo, then in the grand scheme of things its just evolution. Baby.

edit on 1-12-2011 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
What is to be said, really? Racism exists. The government cannot tell churches what to do (it's the other way around) and religion-inspired racism is a fact of life. When I dated outside my race, my parents used to use Second Corinthians to instill racism into me. Fortunately, it didn't work, long term.

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Yeah, that makes sense, Dad...

Anyway, this backward church will have to deal with the repercussions of their decisions.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I just want to toss in a couple of things here:

Being,or wanting to be, a xenophobic,homogenous race because you don't want to 'taint' your heritage,culture or blood-line is stupid. We're all human beings and I think that large portion of the mayhem that occurs on this planet can be traced back to narrow-minded thinking that preserving one culture or particular group,at the expense of another, is somehow a worthwhile cause. The reality is that this,along with the usual embedded nefarious and highly dubious religious dimensions,creates a major stumbling block concerning the progress and future prosperity of humanity.

If we cannot see beyond our primitive behaviors and evolve to a higher state where we have a real sense of purpose as a human race, then we're doomed. (Example:Burial rituals have pretty much remained the same over the centuries and,in my view, are a barbaric practice that is a prime example of society clinging to it's primitive,superstitious past.)

We have the capability and technology to elevate everyone mentally,physically and spiritually higher in order move ourselves forward on the path towards an intelligent,meaningful purpose in this universe. The universe and everything in it is in a constant state of change. We only need to be aware of ourselves and the things that occur around us in order to better understand how to guide our own change in a positive fashion free of selfish,extrinsic goals and motives where human evolution and continuity of humanity is concerned.

Otherwise, there's really no point in any of us being here as we are likely to self-destruct and take down everything else with us in the long-term.

That's just my two cents, for what it's worth...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I see you conveniently left out a few details...

Quoting the same story from another source:

Nine members of Gulnare Freewill Baptist Church backed their former pastor, with six opposed, in Sunday's vote to bar interracial couples from church membership and worship activities. Funerals were excluded.
The vote was taken after most of the 40 people who attended Sunday services had left the church in Pike County, near the border with West Virginia.
Many members left to avoid the vote. Most members of the church "didn't want anything to do with this," said longtime church official Dean Harville, whose daughter and her black fiance had drawn pastor Melvin Thompson's ire.
URL: news.yahoo.com...

So, stereotyping fails once again. No case of a bunch of inbred hillbillies that you can puff up and feel so superior over. Just a handful of fanatics who hijacked a church and a media that panders to the worst examples of our species.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join