It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Bet None of You Can Be Hypnotized: That's Why You're Here.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this a lot lately...the fact that I've never been able to be hypnotized. And I'm suggesting that a lot of people here at ATS are the same way.

I've been to hypnotists several times, including stage performances of hypnotists in public, and also private hypnotists for various things including smoking cessation. Try as they might, no one could ever put me under.

In college, during a stage performance of a hypnotist, I was chosen from the audience to get up on stage with ten others. Everyone else was put under, except for me. They asked me to leave the stage! This hypnotist was in "show business" after all, and it was his job to weed out the people who wouldn't go under and fail to "perform." At another hypnotist show years later, the same thing happened.

Hypnotists will tell you that anyone can be hypnotized, but that some people are just harder to put under than others. I guess I would definitely fall into that category. Of the four or five times I've been around a hypnotist, I was never, ever put under. And I know several different methods were used.

So, what's my point?

Perhaps a lot of the folks at ATS are harder to "brainwash" too. We are of strong minds, willing to leap from the norm and straddle topics that others are in disbelief about. Obviously, the "brainwashing" techniques of TPTB haven't worked on us, because, in fact, here we all are, and we're all pretty clear about what's really going on in the world.

I find this interesting.

Has anyone had this experience? Difficulty with hypnosis?

I believe there is a connection.

The strong willed shall inherit the truth!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Ive never been to a hypnotist, but Ive tried to induce it on myself and have never been able to (though I could just not be doing something right).

I wanted to change my lifestyle, not eat so much, choose healthier foods and not desire chocolate (I have caught myself taking without asking at peoples houses and only felt bad after the fact).

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
ahhh, mind control...
I just copped a job doing av production for some a group of hypnotists...

you might be suprised...
not thinking one is hypnotized while being COMPLETELY under is a common stage hypnotists' routine.

according to one of the worlds best,
all delusion is self delusion:
if you at any point make an excuse for something you are hypnotised

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Interesting theory.

I have never had the opportunity so I couldn't say if I'm hypnotizable (if thats even a word)

I have always wanted to try it though.

I bet I am unhypnotizable.
I'm Bizzarro, in that I am un everything and totally not normal !

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I don't know if this is relevant, but I took a hypnotism workshop once and they told us that you cannot be hypnotized against your will. Nor will you run around and cluck like a chicken unless you want to.

I'm guessing you were not willing to be a subject, so it didn't work. It isn't magic or hocus pocus.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Either that, or all of us here, or most of use, are simply deluded people. Who see conspiracies, mysteries, corruption and doom. Where there is none. Im on the deluded side, but you have to be able to question yourself.

Maybe the world really just is, a boring place, where all of us are too blame for its state. Maybe the governments arent controlling the media, who then in some sense controls us. Maybe the media just is the media. And maybe the music industry just makes music without thinking how we will react to it.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I think you were hypnotized years ago and was told to post this on this day

Just kidding but you may be on to something.
I have never been.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
A fair assumption.

2nd line

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JustSlowlyBackAway

I'm not saying it's magic or hocus pocus.

But I've done a little research on people who are difficult to hypnotize, and what I've learned is that we are just more "strong willed."

So, my theory goes, if we are more strong willed than the rest of the population, it would answer the question as to why people here at ATS have failed to be "brainwashed" by TPTB---unlike the rest of society, who really have no idea what is truly going on in the world.

I'm guessing very strong willed people are hard to hypnotize...

and to brainwash.

Which is why you are here surfing at ATS and not watching Dancing With The Stars.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I totally agree.My weak minded ex-girlfriend went straight under. Jedi Mind Tricks do not work on me. I am no Bib Fortuna

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
For the hard to hypnotize brainwave entrainment works on EVERYONE
TV relies on it ..the flicker or refresh rates are one way to induce it.
Hypnotism is really a state of awarness .

One trick is to ask a subject"what to you want for your soul?"
then slip in a suggestion

In NLP there are many ways a person can be suseptible to suggesstion with iout even being aware of it
so I don't agree that everyone has a choice all the time

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
For the hard to hypnotize brainwave entrainment works on EVERYONE
TV relies on it ..the flicker or refresh rates are one way to induce it.
Hypnotism is really a state of awarness .

One trick is to ask a subject"what to you want for your soul?"
then slip in a suggestion

In NLP there are many ways a person can be suseptible to suggesstion with iout even being aware of it
so I don't agree that everyone has a choice all the time

Can you elaborate about the flicker rates causing a change of awareness? (Here I thought I didn't want to watch TV because it was dumb!)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I can't speak for anyone else. I went to a hypnotist years ago and I was told that I can't be hypnotized. He said that there was a percentage of the population that can't be. When I asked why I never got an answer. i have noticed almost everyone around me are within seconds in a trance watching tv. It is so irritating. I have to turn off the television if I want to have a decent conversation or I spend my time trying to snap them out of it. I usually give up.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I'm not so sure, as every time I click on the "New Topics" tab here, there are three counterclockwise

rotating black circles that mezmerize me into oblivion.

As I sit like a dork and wait. All the while wondering what is taking so long.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I sat through a two hour hypnosis seminar on quitting smoking about 15 years ago and it worked. The first hour was all about how hypnosis worked and to ease fears of doing something stupid like clucking like a chicken and such which is a myth. He explained that if you don't want to be hypnotized then you won't be. In other words you have to give in to suggestions and not fight it for it to work. And to cluck like a chicken on stage you have to want to do that, its not involuntary.

Sitting there with a group I found it hard to not to call it BS in my mind and tried to listen and do as he suggested. He had us in the 2nd hour to close our eyes and just listen to him speak. I almost busted out laughing a few times as I heard people burping, snoring, and making other type noises and small talk.

He talked of the bad stuff smoking can do and made encouraging remarks on what we were trying to accomplish.I was aware of every sound and was constantly battling my mind to quit screaming hoax. Then he finished and told us to open our eyes and look at him. " How long did I talk?" he asked. it felt like 10 minutes to me and people gave different times in answer. He told us to look at our watches and he had been talking for 35 minutes.

I quit smoking that day but took up drinking more beer than normal so I guess at the time I traded one vice for another and not all of the people there for help were enthused or cured. Long story short, It was a girlfriend that had me go and she went also, only for us to break up a few weeks later. Well, I started smoking again "just to show her" and ended up with two vices more than I needed.

Hypnosis worked, a little too well. Fortunately I only listen to that little voice in the back of my mind for guidance now.
edit on 30-11-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
reply to post by JustSlowlyBackAway

I'm not saying it's magic or hocus pocus.

But I've done a little research on people who are difficult to hypnotize, and what I've learned is that we are just more "strong willed."

So, my theory goes, if we are more strong willed than the rest of the population, it would answer the question as to why people here at ATS have failed to be "brainwashed" by TPTB---unlike the rest of society, who really have no idea what is truly going on in the world.

I'm guessing very strong willed people are hard to hypnotize...

and to brainwash.

Which is why you are here surfing at ATS and not watching Dancing With The Stars.

Although I'll admit that I'd like to be one of the non-hypnotizable, I suspect that my self-involved bravado would hand me my *ss on a platter, thus bringing me crashing down to reality. I've never been a subject myself, but years ago did watch one such demonstration. I had no idea how these subects were put under so quickly, and to tell the truth, I wondered at the time if they were "plants", purely present for the entertainment purposes of the audience. I know nothing for certain, though.

What's "Dancing with the Stars"? ( LOL )

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Ahhhh, those Alpha wave again. Thanks Danbones, I needed that.

Glad to see you are still here, alive, and kicking.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I watch TV without the sound
its amazing what story lines
I can come up with, using my own mind.
On commercials I flip channels
just reading the text of whats on that station
and time and move on to the next,
never allowing corp input.
I never watch news on TV anymore,
seems to be a state agenda.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dcmb1409

When I went it was in a group setting there were 20-30 of us as subjects. I was the only one that wasn't hynotized. When I turned around to say something to my soon to be husband he was out like a light. He claimed he didn't remember anything. He turned out to be the best subject and the hypnotist wanted him to come back and use him for a demonstration. He was so embarrassed when he discovered whaat he had been doing he refuse to go back and refused to discuss it .

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

If we were Stormtroopers:

"Yeah, actually, those are the droids we're looking for. Why are you waving your hand all weird like that?"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join