It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Bet None of You Can Be Hypnotized: That's Why You're Here.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I have been hypnostised.. Its not a question of being harder to brainwash.. If you have been been through the education system they have done a pretty good job...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I think that the time for hypnotizing has ended and this is the era to manipulate and manage public mind and hearts.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
ATS people are people who dont just follow orders.
and they look behind the screen to see who is pulling the strings of the puppets.
Loners, people who dont fit in with the rest.
I Dont Wont to Fit in !
in psychology they know about the Mob mentality.
a mob seems to have a mind of its own.
if you go to sports games you are a part of a mob.
a riot starts when a lot of people get in the same mined set.
its like they all start to think the same.
a lynch mob. they egg each other on.
until they lose it. and do things they cannot do as one person.
later they dont know what came over them.
it is part of a Pack mentality. humans are just animals.
we still have to evolve some more.
a political rally is a Very good example of it.
not as simple as just hypnotivesm

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRussHypnotists will tell you that anyone can be hypnotized

Find a more honest hypnotist.
Even Derren Brown says not all people can be "hypnotized"

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It's funny cause as a kid I went to the fair and went on stage with a Hypnotist. He did the whole cluck like a chicken thing and I remember doing it, but hesitating before and then because I felt bad with all those people watching. Later my mom tried it and I did it again because she thought it was funny and belived in all kinds of mumbo jumbo. But I told her that I knew what I was doing and just wanted to make her happy.

Now a couple of decades later I am curious if I could be really hypnotized but I doubt it…

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I've been to a doctor that is specialized in this... he told me after a short interview that he can't hypnotize me

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Doubt it. My own experiences with hypnosis have been very interesting.

I have let a proffesional hypnotist attempt to hypnotize me on several occations, to no effect. However, whilst trying to learn NLP, an instructor started on a speech. He mentioned nothing about how it would progress into a actual hypnotic speech. Unsuspecting, i soon found myself in a deep, relaxed trance.

Perhaps expecting it ruined my susceptablity? Either way, i can obviously be hypnotized. Now, the thing to keep in mind with hypnosis is that it cannot make you do anything you normally wouldnt. So, while suggestions can be made, you do not have to adhere to them.

Perhaps tellingly, i do not watch TV. At all.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
very interesting to think about...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Well written, I am the exact same way. I have tried to be put under hypnosis many times and nothing!! I just thought there was something wrong with me until i later realized that maybe its a good thing not to be so easily influenced...
S&F Cheers (:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

You would be correct in thinking I cannot be hypnotized. Its been tried several times, once by my Pschyc Prof. in college, he told me to give up on ever being put under. Not that I wanted too, that just seems like giving up too much control, and Im a control freak soooo...

Im betting most of us on ATS are the same, or atleast have some of the same control issues.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Good One :

and I thought it was just me, now if I start drooling like pavlov's Dog we are all in trouble.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Been there done that and would not let myself become hyptonized ....peace

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Neverthought about the connection before, but i think you are right.
It's the kindof people we are.

No , I can't be Hypnotised.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I tend to disagree-somewhat, It may be a matter of symantics, but I feel that a trance and being hypnotized are two entirely different things.
I can put myself into a trance, but cannot be hypnotized by another person- theres a difference- that difference is the control, specifically WHO is in control. In my case, when I am in control life is good , when someone else tries to be in control it doesnt work.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Add me to the list...Not only could I not be hypnotized, but, I started giggling at an event & had to get up & excuse myself...Embarrassing.....

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I used to hyptonize myself. I wrote down good things and said it everyday and it has really improved me for the better.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
I think that the time for hypnotizing has ended and this is the era to manipulate and manage public mind and hearts.

Conformity - when people reject it, they can burn the world to the ground. Individuation isn't something all of us are willing to eschew on your behalf.

The Tower of Babel remains as a good warning for anyone who thinks that "management" might not make things worse.
edit on 2011/12/1 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by unityemissions

I have no clue what you're trying to say here. I don't have problems with focus or concentration, and can't be hypnotized. That must mean I have mental/physical problems.

Yeah....that makes sense!

I give up. Have it your way. It has become obvious only a few in this thread are interested in knowing the truth.

What truth? Your truth?

Well, I'm just trying to relay my truth. I don't have mental/physical problems, per say. All I've got is that I don't filter out sensory data like most others. It doesn't mean I can't concentrate or focus in on something. It means that even though I choose to put energies into something specific, I'm still going to process all everything around me.

Also, I'm not able to be hypnotized. Sorry that my story doesn't fit into your truth?! It must not be truth, then!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Everyone can be hypnotized. Remember that person you were extremely attracted to? I guarantee that person can make you do things you wouldn't normally do. It's like being under a spell and you don't even know it...
edit on 1-12-2011 by blackrain17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rossa
reply to post by Klassified

I tend to disagree-somewhat, It may be a matter of symantics, but I feel that a trance and being hypnotized are two entirely different things.
I can put myself into a trance, but cannot be hypnotized by another person- theres a difference- that difference is the control, specifically WHO is in control. In my case, when I am in control life is good , when someone else tries to be in control it doesnt work.

This was a good portion of the point I was trying to make. You have made the choice to be your own hypnotist. Because you prefer not to accept suggestion from someone else. Nothing wrong with that. At all. But at least you understand what what hypnosis is, and what trance is. Hypnosis is nothing more than speaking to the subconscious mind while the conscious mind is relaxed. However deeply. It isn't that you can't be hypnotized, it's that you choose not to be hypnotized by someone else.

However, I would like to point out that a hypnotherapist has no more control over you while in trance than he does when you are awake. It's up to you to decide the amount of control a hypnotist has, and how much you trust them.

It fascinates me after all the years I have practiced hypnosis, there is still such a stigma attached to it. And such a gross misunderstanding of what it is, and how it works.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join